Who’s afraid of the tiger mosquito?

zanzara_tigre.jpg

It’s hot and the mosquitoes are everywhere just as they are very year.
But there are good pesticides whose “prolonged use can cause serious damage to the immune system, sexual disorders, tumours, sterility, malformation at birth, damage to the nervous system and genetic damage” according to the European Commission.

Pesticides that increase the number of mosquitoes (native and tiger) increase the profits of the companies that produce them and the amount of blood that is sucked by the insects that are made more robust. In fact it’s the usual triumph of the Gross Domestic Product.
Fabrizia Pratesi has sent me this letter with a couple of attachments that you should immediately get your local employee administrators to read.

Dear Beppe,
We would like to tell you about the important battle that we are carrying out against the irresponsible (or criminal?) spraying currently happening in the whole country against mosquitoes and tiger mosquitoes (annoying but innocuous in Europe).

We have got the City of Rome to suspend activity but private citizens are continuing with great energy with the encouragement of the chemical companies who are spreading a terrified approach to the insects. Each administration is encouraging the spraying of poisonous substances like Temephos (also used by the City of Rome) an organophosphate product that causes damage to our nervous system.

The battle is supplementary to the wider issue to regulate all chemical substances (REACH = the European regulation that will have its second reading in Parliament before the end of the year.)

But the spraying of insecticides, that above all increase the number of mosquitoes (because they make them more resistant and because they kill their predators) is the practice in absolute terms that is easiest to eradicate. It is enough not to ask for spraying and to use natural methods (see the website www.infozanzare.info).

It is pure foolishness to protect ourselves from a few bites, to increase the incidence of illnesses like disturbances to the immune system, sexual disorders, tumours, damage to the nervous system, to the genetic system etc.

I’m attaching:
1) Press release from the Associated press on what the European Union is proposing in the way of more strict regulations for pesticides (which include insecticides)

2) A poster about chemical insecticides to be printed and distributed

To protect the health of our children and grandchildren!”
Fabrizia Pratesi - Coordinator of Comitato Scientifico EQUIVITA {Scientific Committee EQUIVITA}.

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 10:34 AM in | Comments (18) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen | TrackBack (0) |
| | Condividi

Comments

Hello

I would never use any pesticides, I stick to Natural Mosquito Repellent or traps, I buy my at http://www.mosquitorepellent.EU if some are interested, I know they also look for retailers if some wants to sell there repellents or trap.

well thats just my opinion, have a great day.

Posted by: zeus | January 22, 2008 12:57 AM

Allergies can and often do progress. You might not have severed reactions at first. But often it progresses to a deadly reaction. WBR LeoP

Posted by: Pharmacy Times | March 18, 2007 08:47 PM

Prince: in your case it's certainly a rare form of a kamikaze-mosquitos!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 2, 2006 06:50 PM

I got a good remedy,galic necklace,works wonder on mosquitos,in laws,wingin wifes,or horny husbands,when you want to have same pace and be quite,blisco you could try to put in a bottle,"au de garlic",ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | August 1, 2006 11:19 PM

Hey, Blisco!
I tried different fart's tonalities as well but those bastards keep on sucking my blood.
And you know why?
Because we are cool!

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 1, 2006 09:59 PM

blisco you are really funny,good on you!

Posted by: evakulnurae | August 1, 2006 11:37 AM

I agree with whomever says that using pesticides kills a part of the environment and some bugs,insects and worms that are part of it. Remember, this year's heatwave is among the worst of the last 100 years. The more environment we damage the less oxygen, water etc. we'll preserve( At least that's what they were saying in IRELAND b4 i left)Insectphobic could use some natural remedies like CITRONELLA BASED CANDLES or maybe OILS, to burn in their uses at dawn. It's meant to be a repellant(is it the correct word in english??? )GRMMA

Posted by: Maria Consuelo Spera | August 1, 2006 08:56 AM

Some searchers in England found out how mosquitos are finding people to bite: With the smell that they have.
So they analized what is the principal element we have in us which atracts so well this insects on our skin and they found it. They say that is something which it can be found in the nature but for a commercial reason they didn't revealed more. Now they are looking how to use that natural stincking element to make a perfume for us.
I personaly start to search by myself using any kind of products and tricks.
I try to eat different things to have different smells and differents farts. I try to listen different music to see if mosquitos are like me. I try to produce different noises and among them the ambulances one. I try to find out how to snore better to frighten them.
I also try to sleep sitted in the toilet. If you have any idea, please let me know.
I'm ready to give my body to the science.
This night, I felt asleep with my book open and after a while, a very uggly Zzzzzz wake up me. I open one eye. Then the second. She was there with a fork in one hand and a knife in the other, ready to celebrate the midnight dinner with me. Now, I try always to catch mosquitos alive and then I go outside to see my spiders friends and leave the mosquito in their net builded between two roses.
Next week I will try something else. As my tender and sweet baby goes in Italy for two weeks, I will be alone in my bed. No doubt that some mosquitos will be disappointed but they need blood, any blood, even mine. It will be a good occasion for me to try to use my sex inactivity and push a spider to build a net between my legs.
If in the mean time I found something else about perfumes I will let you know. I'm already thinking about a good name to launch my new perfume in the market.
The Zzzz hmmm by Blisco is looking not bad:-)

Posted by: Blisco jaio | August 1, 2006 07:27 AM

raf how about get a little puppy,you might lose this fear of dogs,good luck ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | August 1, 2006 01:45 AM

Eva: no beef!|
I only said that in Italy there is an excessive phobia about mosquitos. If you don't live in Italy, you can't understand what I mean.
Prince: I could say the the same about dogs: I hate them!(or, I'm afraid of them!)
;-)))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 1, 2006 12:11 AM

dear raffaella,where I live is not tropical at all,as I mention before we do have lots of cases of ross river fever,I for one I am against chemical,I eat organic food as much as I can,I am against the use of chemical,when ,if possible, we can use natural alternative,but I like to rimand you,that bill gate is spending a fortune,in study and remedy for the eradicatiom of mosquitos,because they carry disesases,and blisco I like very much your sense of humor,by to for now ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | July 31, 2006 11:51 PM

Damn Noah!

He had to bring those 2 mosquitoes on his damn ark, dindn't he?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 31, 2006 09:57 PM

Robert:
Yes, there are allergic people like you, but not to compare to the dangerous tropical mosquitos. The most people in Italy are reacting only with a little swelling and itching.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | July 31, 2006 06:39 PM

Raffaella,

I don’t think Italian mosquitoes are harmless for everyone. I’ve had to stop going to my wife’s parent’s holiday house in the Marche during summer because I am constantly bitten and each bite swells up and becomes so bloated that I have had to go to hospital and have cortisone injections to stop the infection the mosquitoes have given me.

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | July 31, 2006 05:10 PM

i spent the night thinking of why did he post about mosquitos

www.jeann2.com/blog

Posted by: fab tom | July 31, 2006 03:57 PM

Eva: you are talking about very serious tropical dieseases, which don't exist in Italy. Italian mosquitos are harmless, at most they may cause itching or in worst cases allergy. For this reason the spraying of insecticides is unnecessary and damaging.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | July 31, 2006 03:25 PM

Dear Eva, I don't think that in Italy we will have the same like in Australia but I can give you some advices. Personaly, before to sleep, I offer my body to the one who can be interested. If there are mosquitos around they are coming while I'm reading a book. I just try to smash them in time, before they suck me. Then I can sleep.
The gun I use is just a wet cloth and my hands. If I loose it one time, I have just to be patient enough and wait that she will stop to rest on the sandwich of my bloody body:-)Sometimes I check the walls and I'm very proud to show to my friends how many bloody trophys I have in my bed room. I suppose that mosquitos have plenty of photos of stupid people like me to show to their friends:-)
Sometimes, I catch one in my fist and I sing a lullaby to her with my best inspiration and then when she is sleeping I shout: Zzzzzzzzzzz!

Posted by: blisco jaio | July 31, 2006 02:44 PM

Hi beppe, have you ever heard of "ross river fever" and" dengue fever"?,both are transmitten by mosquitos,I do not know of the top of my head which mosquito is responsable for those deseases,but I know from friends that had ross river fever,that can make you very very sick, and take long time to fully ricover from it,dengue fever is even worst,need hospitalization,now I do not to like to spread fear,but I think we got to think this over,for what is the best plan of action to take.ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | July 31, 2006 11:54 AM