The therapeutic employee

Rocco_Buttiglione.jpg

business education articles new education business opportunities finance education deposit money education making art loan education deposits make education your home good income education outcome issue medicine education drugs market education money trends self education roof repairing market education online secure education skin tools wedding education jewellery newspaper education for magazine geo education places business education design Car education and Jips production education business ladies education cosmetics sector sport education and fat burn vat education insurance price fitness education program furniture education at home which education insurance firms new education devoloping technology healthy education nutrition dress education up company education income insurance education and life dream education home create education new business individual education loan form cooking education ingredients which education firms is good choosing education most efficient business comment education on goods technology education business secret education of business company education redirects credits education in business guide education for business cheap education insurance tips selling education abroad protein education diets improve education your home security education importance

What will we do without our employees? Let's be honest, we'd feel more alone. Life would be better, it's true. But we'd have a sense of emptiness inside. The nostalgia for nothing.
Without employees of the cultural dimensions of Buttiglione our existence would no longer be the same. When we listen to him we feel better. We know that if he has made it, then all of us, yes every one of us, has a chance, a future.
He is a therapeutic employee, that performs miracles, lifts up the depressed, reanimates those considering suicide, he restores hope to those who had lost it for ever. A blogger interviewed him on the topic of the convicts in Parliament and he replied with philosophy.

"Dear Beppe,
Two weeks ago I was invited to Vasto, for the Italia dei Valori meeting to follow the event. Di Pietro wanted to give press accreditation to myself and other bloggers, so I had the chance to approach some of our
employees.
I am using my blog to start off the initiative "Giornalismo Diretto":{Direct Journalism}: I have asked my readers to suggest questions to put to the guests taking part and that's what I did with a telecamera in my hand.
I'd like to tell you about 2 videos that are particularly amusing, relating to a UDC employee, Rocco Buttiglione, and the other to the environment employee Pecoraro Scanio.
To the first I asked how we can trust a parliament which contains 25 convicts. He replied: "They were elected by the Italians and they have to put up with them."
Apart from the fact that I felt, as an Italian, to have been treated like an imbecile and starting from the illuminating, philosophical and intellectually honest invitation even to him I tried to explain that in reality we only managed to delegate a party to choose our representatives…and even he pretended not to know..
The question I asked of the other one was about Scaroni that you have also asked on your blog: when will we send him home? Pecoraro Scanio replied that it's the government that has to decide that, but that if he had the choice he would sack the lot and so on… I tried to explain that being a Minister also means being part of the government, but I didn't manage to end the sentence. Others were similarly "exhilarating", like Formigoni who didn't want to believe what I was saying about the convicts. Perhaps we should watch him on a rainy day, he may cheer us up."
Marco Canestrari.

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 10:34 AM in | Comments (18) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen | TrackBack (0) |
| | Condividi

Comments

Joselle,
I actually posted that conversation with the Nigerians after reading your question about the NFR.
I was trying for sometime to combine a few subjects we have been discussing here and I didn't know how, so I think now I do...:o)

To answer Enrico first I wanted to say I definitely respect every individuals choice to immigrate if he/she believes that it is for the better; but on the same time I strongly believe that it is a matter of character as well as of circumstances....However if you stay you fight (as Raffa says) you don't give up because if you do nothing will change and "they" win...!!!

When deciding to migrate your decision is guided by your needs. Each individual has different needs, so his/her choice of country is made depending of what he/she is looking for.
When you get what you need you pay little attention to rest of the county's problems, which depending on your financial status you might never even have to face them....

So to make it short, Italy has huge problems, no doubt!! It's more than important to discuss them and try to correct them but we should not fool ourselves...It's not the only one and the solution is not to give up on it but to try and make it better....

ps. I've just realized I gave a very patriotic speech...lol lol lol (I am not deleting it though...): o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 9, 2006 10:06 AM

Sorry, typo there... the last phrase should read:

"... and hardly any black or white."

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 9, 2006 12:32 AM

Paola, I heard the same thing in Britain. Many immigrants, in fact, did their damnest to bring their extended family over in the UK. It was all well and good until the poll tax was introduced which, in reality, served as a deterrent to control immigration.

For a while Britain was under control until poll tax was reduced drastically and so, as a consequence, the number of immigrants started to inflate once more.

Even in the UK some dare say that life is shit but I have to tell you something, if the fare they get in Britain is called shit, then what they get here in Italy is a sewerful of shit! Because of the amount of money pumped into welfare in Britain, immigrants and disadvantaged categories get financial help in every way, including the bus fares to go to job centres, free training, job interview guarantees, etc. I never really saw that happening here though.

And again, everything is relative. Why, some great politician once said that truth is relative!! Of course, it takes a political geek to say that, which explains why there are so many tones of grey and hardly and black or white.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 9, 2006 12:29 AM

Paola: I can only say: all is relative!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 8, 2006 07:34 PM

I didn't know where to post this so I believe here is as good as anywhere....

While being away this weekend at a farmers' market I met a few Nigerian people who sold various traditional goods there.
After talking with them, do you know what they told me???
That life in Greece is sh*t(!!!)...and they are planning to go to Italy very soon; because from what they hear from their fellow country men they are better off there and it is really worth living and working...!!!
Taxation is more flexible in Italy than in Greece (since in order to get a working permit they have to be taxed like Greek citizens)
Any comments???

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 8, 2006 07:31 PM

Joselle, theoretically, it does not make any difference to the worker whether his TFR is held in the company's accounts or those of the INPS. So, I would not call that a downright robbery.

If it was my money, I would not be happy either way. I think it is only in Italy where people do not receive all that they are entitled to and have instead part of their salary stacked away in the TFR, which they will receive only upon retirement. Think of how absurd this is: people have money (sometimes lots of money) which they cannot touch. And on which they get very little interest. Then, when they want to buy a house, instead of using that money, they go to the bank and get a loan, on which they pay high interest rates!

Now, the situation will remain just as absurd. The government takes up the responsibility of returning the workers their money. Since Italy's finances are way worse than shaky, the workers run the risk that the government will not have the money to pay them back...

The real losers in the short run are the companies. Especially small and medium companies. Since the interest earned by TFR funds is low, the companies have had a cheap source of financing thanks to the TFR. Those funds that now will need to be reverted to INPS will need to be replaced somehow. Likely, by bank loans. These are probably going to be much more expensive for the companies. Thus, they will put additional strain on the companies' finances.

Small and medium companies, however, have much greater difficulty in accessing credit. Thus, some of them will have problems.

I have read somewhere that it is not the stock of the TFR that will need to be transferred, but only part of the new inflow. If this will be the case, maybe the impact will be marginal. Though still negative.

Posted by: Alex | October 7, 2006 04:53 PM

Politicians think only of their pockets and work in a way to ensure that their dearest relatives and kin are well settled for a couple of generations whilst the rest of the population dive furthermore in the mire.

I am really eager to check the IQ of some of them, and, honestly, Buttiglione is far from inspiring. Yet, again, listening to the radio yesterday I was brought back to consciousness by a statement made by an individual of leftist inclinations, member of CGIL who said that with the latest financial budget and the Government taking 50% of the TFR from the HONEST workers, the Government is doing nothing better than FRAUD. He stated that, since the TFR contributions are really part of a debit scheme to give to workers their gratuity on resolution of their contracts, the Goverment is taking on more debit of about 600 million Euros [if not more] on its shoulders.

Now... explain this to me, mere mortal who still is trying to grasp the whole situation... If you want to cut debit, do you dive into a situation that is going to give you further debit? How will you pay it back? In comes INPS and therefore, we all know, no money will be forthcoming. Workers are being cheated of their own savings - a pure daylight robbery with the benediction of a Government SUPPOSEDLY working for the benefit of the workers. Is that why Bertinotti has been made Speaker of the House - in order to shut him up during the debates in parliament? How very sleazy and slimy...

Aha! Now I understand the INDULTO scheme. That way no one can ever accuse anybody in the present administration of defrauding honest workers and taxpayers of their blood-and-sweat money/contributions.

Come to think of it, why do many still sound suprised that a lot of financiers and big people, call them sharks if you like, try their luck at dipping their fingers, hands, arms, whole bodies and all into fraud? Tanto c'è sempre l'indulto, and f**k you Jacks out there, poor sods, honest and hardworking people who pay your taxes and are ever so law-abiding.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 7, 2006 04:14 PM

It looks like most honest Italians have packed already....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 7, 2006 12:52 AM

-----------

Rotti,

What about Raffa Biffa, she stayed in Italy. Are you saying she is not very honest?

hmmmm

Posted by: Raffaella Birotella | October 7, 2006 02:15 AM

It looks like most honest Italians have packed already....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 7, 2006 12:52 AM

I watched the interviews and also the meeting Beppe had with il prodino - l'analcolico biondo che fa impazzire il mondo - I cannot believe the attitude they have. They act like rock stars. Every time I see Italian politicians I have the same feeling, they are doing us a favor to give their time to talk to the commoners.
I swear, the message I get is "I'm a divine gift from the heavens for all of you people ... don't talk to me and DO NOT ask any questions ... only worship me..."
What in the world is that attitude all about? They really gotta chill a bit.

Posted by: Stefania Nobile | October 7, 2006 12:45 AM

Giovanni,
to spit on them wouldn't be enough because they wouldn't get it anyway. They are too busy blowing their own horn and being in love with themselves.
I believe the time has come for the Italian people to react to the exploitation and to how the country is being taken care of, besides the spitting. Peaceful civil resistance, as it happened for the civil rights movement in the '60 in the US with M. L. King, doesn't seem to be fruitful in the Italian situation. Violence is never a good thing - I support this idea - but I have to admit that sometimes both the disappointment and frustration are such that they make one feel like a punch, or a spit for that matter, in the employees' faces would be great relief!
I'd like to come back to Italy one day, and I find myself thinking about it sometimes, but then I realize how pissed off I would be all the time and how miserable my life would be. I really don't know if I could put up with all that again. I'm keeping an eye on Italy, trying to keep myself informed, and hoping for the wind of change. I really would love to do something for my brothers and sisters, so that they would finally feel like they are living a better life ... but what to do? I don't have any answers, and that just drives me crazy!
What can we possibly do to change anything if who is supposed to represent us is actually the jail guard?

I need a drink!

Posted by: Stefania Nobile | October 7, 2006 12:29 AM

Giovanni Principe, instead, is know for his outlandish intelligence.

Posted by: Rocco Buttiglione | October 6, 2006 09:41 PM

The name Buttiglione reminds me of a movie character known for his outlandish stupidity, which was featured in the movies that we were watching at the "oratorio" on Sunday afternoons.

Who remembers those movies?

For Marco Canestrari: in Italy we are at a point where the shit cannot be contained anymore in our pants, let alone the underpants because they have been stolen by the politicians, and the smell is pervading the streets.

I propose to symbolically spit on those characters whenever we cross their paths.

It would be like a quiet "Intifada".

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 6, 2006 09:38 PM

Italian politicians accurately reflect Italian society.

Posted by: David Cohen | October 6, 2006 04:12 PM

Dear Mr Marco Canestrari,

Would you be so kind as to ask Formigoni about the skimming of Iraki Oil for food scheme?

(Sorry the name was missing).

Posted by: Marcia Visanji | October 6, 2006 02:42 PM

Dear Mr Marco Canestrari,

Would you be so kind as to ask v about the skimming of Iraki Oil for food scheme?
The US Polish Jewish witch, Albright was extremely generous with the lives of iraki babies when she was told that Her Majesty's government & US genocid sanctions would lead to deaths of babies, may be millions.

She unashamedly asked " We (who the hell is this we? the Christian west? Italia dei Valori?) think it is a price worth paying!

Another vulture to profit from the Oil for Food is the insult and offence to Africa Kofi Annan and his family who benefitted handsomely. It was on Anna's watch that the women and babies, children and the iraki population was subjected to genocid sanctions and his son profitted from the deaths of Iraki babies.

This is the values Bu$h, Blair and Italia dei Valori say that the Muslims hate!!!

According to Veltroni Annan is the best UN secretary ever. the Mayor of Roma Walter Veltroni awarded a special medal to Kofi Annan for job well done.

Posted by: Marcia Visanji | October 6, 2006 02:39 PM

"I may be a nobody in Italy, but in Europe I will be someone." Rocco Buttiglione quoted in La Corriere della Sera.

Wrong. He is a nobody everywhere.

Posted by: Aidan Smyth | October 6, 2006 02:26 PM

I'm not sure if Buttiglione could be somehow therapeutic,perhaps only as punching bag to give vent the own suppressed aggressiveness....;-)))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 6, 2006 01:53 PM