Clean Lungs

polmoni_puliti.jpg

Italian cities are becoming empty of children. They have been substituted by machines. By car parks. By motorized commuters. Those with a child have to be resigned to a chronic cough.
To respiratory diseases. To a daily relationship with the pediatrician. Or to go away. In the city, the cars come in and the children and families leave. They become commuters.
And they get the cars to come into the city and to park. For the lack of efficient public transport services. A paranoia that produces poisons for the citizens and profits for the petrol companies. The representatives of the citizens donít lift a finger. In this situation left and right are equally petrolified.
In Milan the single petrol family, the Moratti family, is in government and in opposition.
I believe that itís time for a new RESET. To avoid cutting out tonsils and adenoids from our children. And to see them playing in a city park without getting poisoned.
For our governors, fuel and the real estate companies are more important than the health of the children. They normally live elsewhere. In villas with trees outside the city. RESET.
Given that itís us paying them, they need to start giving an account of their actions. How many deaths from PM10 produce the lack of care of mayors, presidents of Regions and of Provinces? How many sick people? Is it possible to take our employees to a tribunal?
With the help of the Meetups, I want to start a campaign, first to give information, and then , if necessary, to bring criminal charges against those responsible. The campaign name is: ĎClean Lungs'. Letís take back our cities and our health.

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 11:48 AM in | Comments (47) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen | TrackBack (0) |
| | Condividi

Comments

Regarding Beppe's blog on clean cities, I wanted to ask town planners a question.
Why do they situate (or allow to be situated) parks for babies, the type with trampolines, carousels and cartoon character based rides- next to bus terminals?
Two examples spring to mind, Largo Pugliese and Largo Labia, both in Rome.
The drivers leave the engines running next to the parks while they are having their breaks, belching out fumes for the developing lungs to take in.
Look at the increase in respiratory problems in children and ask your town planners why?

Posted by: Peter Stevens | December 13, 2006 05:06 PM

VIVIANUM VIVARELLUM

Gaetano Ferrieri
dici cose giuste se non le urlassicon questo maiuscolo offensivo non ci assorderesti gli orecchi

Si scrive LE ORECCHIE...i.g.n.o.r.a.n.te!!!

Vorrei dirti di ritornare a sQuola ma vista la tua avanzata etŗ temo sia troppo tardi...

Best regards
giovi giovo

Posted by: Prof giovi giovo | December 10, 2006 05:30 PM

Thank you, Blisco.

I'll try my best to be there sooner or later.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | December 4, 2006 08:01 PM

Hi everybody,
I'm just passing by. I can't stay more.
Raf, I saw some months ago the same thing in the italian side: Somebody was posting insanities with the name of another one. It was very funny to see how the real one was made:-) I wonder if it's not Grillo who is making some jokes...
Prince of Istria:-), so we are nearly from the same shire (Or the same hole:-). Plenty of us were not made to stay in the same place. If you pass by Brussels, don't hesitate to tell me. Just don't do it after Xmas because I will be in Venice to meet plenty of people from another blog:-)

Posted by: Blisco Jaio | December 3, 2006 11:03 AM

Prince the more I read Beppe post,the more I realize how lucky I am,and the less I feel to go back,even for a holiday,like you I am patriotic and I feel for the country and his people,but as they say "you can make somebody listen if they do not want to hear",or something similar,the reason I comment in this blog,is not so much for what I have to say,in relation to the post,mostly is to support morally Beppe,it would be depressing for him if nobody comment,after all the effort he make, but most of all I think is important for him to know and hear the different opinions of Italians living overseas,from the comments on the italian site,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | December 2, 2006 12:36 AM

Eva:
When I came back from Australia I had the same feelings that you have (walking on the grass and all that stuff) and i was longing to go back there, which eventually I did the following year, for 2 and 1/2 months.
When I was talking to my friends I was finding the differences between Italy and there and soon I realized that Australia is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Some people told me that I would be out of place there because I'm Italian and I strongly disagreed with them by saying that my house will always be where I feel good about it.
Also, I told them that probably my behaviour is stemming from the fact that my father was from Istria and he had to leave his house after the war because Italy didn't have the balls to save his place thus erasing from history the exodus af a lot of people and the "foibe" where a lot of people died.
I never been in Istria but I speak the language and I feel like I'm from there because of my upbringing and perhaps because it's in my blood.
My own mentality is slightly different from the Italian mainstream and I keep this for myself.
That's why I feel patriotic but also I follow what my gut tells me to do.
When I explained this to a couple of people most of them understood this but 1 or 2 which, not finding anything else to argue about, they mentioned to think about the hole in the ozone.
To those people I simply answered to think about their hole.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | December 1, 2006 10:16 PM

Been down under,when I am awake you guys are aslep,and when I am asleep look all the action I missed,Raf good on you for sending the clone you know where,and you can't be always nice,remeber what Jesus did in the market when he got p...off,back to the topic,I haven't been back to Italy for 14 years,one of the things that stop me is,what I am going to do with my kids?take them to the little square,or the park where is illegal to walk on the gras?at the beach,if I remember last time the police where giving tickets to people vwho got in the water (for the pollution),honesty what do italian kids do those days?I am very lucky and bless to live in a beutifull place,plenty of space for my kids to run,to camp outside,bike ride,skateboarding and plenty of sports,here there are playgrounds everywhere kids can be kids......and most importantly fresh air,reset, reset, beppe!

Posted by: evakulnura | December 1, 2006 02:29 AM

My day? I hope so. May be something beautiful will happen to me today!
PS) I hope the clone will follow your advice!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 08:09 PM

Paola: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." And very unfortunately we have to add "and then they shoot and kill you". Raffaella, don't be scared, It can't happen in your case....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 30, 2006 05:33 PM

Raf:
I havean explanation for the reason why this clone is picking on you: because it's your day!:)))

As for the clone: Jump in a bathtub full of water with the hairdryer on.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 30, 2006 05:24 PM

Thanks Paola!
The Mahatma is right, but his fight for freedom and peace was much more important than my fight against clones....;-)))))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 04:52 PM

Raffa my friend..:o)

Mahatma Gandhi

Posted by: paola filinesi | November 30, 2006 04:37 PM

Raffaella: thanks for the tip. I registered and it works. I hope the English site will go the same way soon and the immature and dishonest Clone can go jump in the lake once and for all!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 30, 2006 04:34 PM

Yes, Paola, but I can't help it, I'm a peaceful person, and if somebody picks on me without reason, I get bored and upset.
I don't want to have to do with this.
:-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 04:12 PM

Raffa don't be upset...:o)))
That's what it's after.

Children usually take after their parents...his mother and father propably used the same profane language and had the same "original" sense of humor; and to use his own words:

"That's all YOUR brain can process.You, moron!"

Posted by: paola filinesi | November 30, 2006 03:38 PM

Enrico, from today on, on the italian blog there is the possibility to certify the own name and protect it with a password.
If your name is certified, a green sign will appear near your signature, so that everybody else can be sure that THIS comment is from YOU.
I hope that will discourage the clones from going on with their bullshit!
I don't know if it will be enough, because this authentication procedure is voluntary and not obligatory. If somebody will write a comment in my name, he can do it without authentication, and the comment will appear, even tought without the green sign, but the fact remains that my name is there, and the idiotic clone-comment will appear by every google search.
Anyway, better than nothing!
Let's hope for the same on this english blog!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 03:28 PM

The Clone is a smaller culprit than Beppe who refuses to moderate this Blog.
Beppe either moderate your Blog or shut it down!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 30, 2006 02:55 PM

I can't go on like this!
The bastard who wrote in my name two posts below signed with my FULL NAME!
I'm tired and upset.
I'd never bothered anyone in my life. Perhaps you are a mad person, perhaps you know me in my real life and I refused your advances, I don't know your reasons.
Let me in peace, please.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 02:37 PM

Raffa Biffa:

You call PIFFERALE a clone of BIFERALE...

If you can't read without the password, you still will not be able to read WITH IT.

Posted by: Raffaella Pifferale | November 30, 2006 02:03 PM

That was a CLONE!!!!!!
You are really boring, dear clone, please stop to plague me, I can't understand the reasons of your behavior. Do you know me personally?
By the way, on the italian blog there is now a password to prevent cloning.
Beppe: please, don't forget the english blog, we need a password too!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 01:31 PM

To you all:

F..k you, you fuc...g mo....r fuc..rs!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 30, 2006 12:54 PM

Alex,
Does it really matter??? :o))
A clone is a clone (or gremlin as I prefer calling it) and like Dolly the sheep it won't last long.....:o)

Posted by: paola filinesi | November 30, 2006 10:38 AM

Paola, but which one is the clone? The rude one? Or the or the other?

Posted by: Alex R | November 30, 2006 02:58 AM

I must say....I LOVE THE NEW RAFFA!!!!! :o))))

She has managed to embarrass her empty headed clone...!!!!!

Keep up the good work my dear friend!!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | November 30, 2006 12:04 AM

Welcome back, Blisco!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 29, 2006 05:13 PM

I just noticed that Blisco is back.

Hello, Blisco!

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 29, 2006 05:10 PM

Prince: didnt'you noticed it before? ;-))))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 29, 2006 04:00 PM

I just discovered another law in the natural order of things: Beppe's Blog must with time revert to chaos no matter what language is used.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 29, 2006 03:42 PM

Raf:

Do you have a split personality? ;))))))))

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 29, 2006 03:32 PM

there's a limit to anyone's patience.
Sorry.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 29, 2006 02:10 PM

to my clone:
F..k you, you fuc...g mo....r fuc..r!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 29, 2006 12:50 AM

As I see, politicians are always present here:-)
I know, I know, whatever you vote, in Italy you will lose your pants or your temper. You can turn to the right or to the lefs you will always win a penality. Crazy country. If I understand, italians are voting for the one who they want to bombard with critics after the elections:-) Politicians probably knows also that they can do all they can but italians will be always unsatisfied.So, why to do more?
As far as I know, Prodi was using a bycicle every day while you, me, everybody we are polluting the air with our cars and Grillo his blog with any kind of words. We are all responsibles. Who put Berlusconi before? Italians. Who put Prodi after? Italians. Who will put soon another one maybe worser than them? Italians!
Why investors have to come in Italy? There are so many rules and so many unions that you must be maso to come in Italy. This Italy has been done by italians. Foreigners doesn't see who is in power they only see what is not running and the first thing they learn in italian is: E va fan c... and then they run away:-)

Posted by: Blisco Jaio | November 28, 2006 10:32 PM

It is HOW the money is spent that determines the quality of services.

NOT HOW MUCH MONEY IS SPENT.

The problem in Italy is obvious: inefficiency. Italy's public spending pro capite is higher than in Germany. Yet, the quality of public services or infrastructure is nowhere near.

This indicates one thing: the money is not spent efficiently. With a better system, one can reduce spending AND increase the quality of the services provided.

Italy already is not competitive. Higher taxes will make it even less so.

Well, to you all ignorants and masochists out there: the first will learn the lessons and pay for it dearly. The seconds, on the other hand, will have the time of their life!

PS
Did you, commies, read that Deaglio ended up being charged for his allegations of election fraud against the Berlusconi's government?

What do you say about that, all of you guys who believed it??

And what do you say about the fact that Berlusconi is asking for a recount and the Prodi government does not want it???

I know what you will say: Oh! A clone!! That's all your brains can process. You, morons!

Posted by: Raffaella Pifferale | November 28, 2006 07:52 PM

Raffaella, Bush is much worse! His Government is a master in the game of starving The Beast (the Beast being the People). A little flag waving, a pledge of The Oath of Allegiance, the playing of the National Anthem an voilŠ, the People can be screwed with relish.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 28, 2006 07:50 PM

Prince, I understand your point of view. I agree with you that the leader is guilty.
I don't want to discuss about Mortadella and his blames, but I only wanted to answer to perfida albione, who said that instead to increase taxes, the government should reduce the public spending.
I don't agree with this statement at all.
Public spending are necessary, to improve the quality of public service.
Every government must choose between two different policies in order to reduce the public deficit: the first one is collecting taxes from the population, according with their income level, richer must pay more. The second one is reducing the public spending, that means less services for all.
The Dwarf reduced taxes, but in the same time he reduced also the spending power, and the welfare state. A normal working family, with average income, saved a little bit taxes but multiplied its expenses for health, education, transport and insurances. The jobless rate increased terrifying.
That's what I mean.
That's like in the U.S with G.W.Bush.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 28, 2006 07:17 PM

Listen Raffaella (what a name!) you are rudely trying to shut me up and you've been doing it for a while.
I don't personally care who you're friend with or who do you know.
In my (and not only my) opinion you voted for an imbecile (ah no sorry for the IDIOT's friends!!) that can't even talk in public, has done nothing valuable in his life if not eating "Mortadella" and adding more taxes on his latest brilliant budget.
You don't wanna hear it? Buy yourself some earplugs then!
You live in a 3rd World country and just accept it.
Instead of moaning and groaning get off your a** and ask your politician why are they taxing people more and why they do not start cleaning up the public offices from that bunch of useless burocrats, incompetent politicians, etc, etc, etc, etc.
RESET everything and start all over again.
Remember this is not your silly chichat blog, you're not supposed to reply to me if you don't like what I write.
I didn't want to reply to you but your impudence force me too.
I don't want to be friends and I'd like to reply to you only on this occasion!

Last but not least, remember that you said "good evening".

Posted by: Perfida Albione | November 28, 2006 07:05 PM

Raf:
If you know what I mean, you also know that when something goes bad I like to blame the leader.
You want to know why?
Because the leader is responsible for everything that happens under his organization.
When there is a problem in a company, the leader olds responsibility for it.
This must be also applied to the government because Prodi is its face and is responsible for everything that happens, like was the dwarf before him.
Those coalitions can kiss my ass because they are just a sorry excuse to cover anybody's ass and because of it, nobody feels accountable for bad laws and waste which the Italian citizens always pay for.
When those unpunished idiots have always thair ass covered, they always will be in action, recycled from one side or another until their natural death, screwing up the country day after day.
I don't know what you think but my feeling is that every year the people are metodically deprived of their rights to have a decent life and a decent job and this time it happens behind the idiotic smile of the MortadellaMan, which so far is just doing shit, beside raising taxes and switching its own people in the theatre of lies and deception which belongs to italian politics.

One question, and I like to pose it just to be fair: why when the dwarf was at power everything was his fault and now I cannot hold MortadellaMan accountable for the stupid things that this government is doing?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 28, 2006 06:40 PM

Sorry, Perfida, (what a nick! )but Giovanni Principe knows what I think about this topic. He knows me very well.
He said "Prodi is an idiot" and you renforced his concept with other explanetions.
As I said, I don't want to defend Prodi at any costs, but I don't like this complaining about everything and everyone.
We had elections in Italy, we voted. I don't know who have you voted, I don't know if you voted at all.
I voted for the left coalition, not for Prodi himself, but for the coalition.
I'm disappointed too, but that doesn't yustify to lump things together without discrimination.
I hate it.
I think we must take a choice, complaining about everything is idiotic.
You are wondering why I wrote to you, and not to you AND Giovanni. My answer ist: I know what Giovanni means, because I know him. I don't know you.
Excuse me if I was too rude.
Good evening.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 28, 2006 06:15 PM

You are right about the helt of uor children! and of our lungs; there is a campain about sigarettes but what about the toxics you brith if you try a stroll on the streets of Rome and other big cities?
I use only public transportation, but this is possible because I am not in hurry normally. But no one of our incompetent administrators use a bus, they go around with nice cars and police opening the route, all this paid by us!
Antonio Nicolai

Posted by: Antonio Nicolai | November 28, 2006 06:12 PM

To Raffaella:
In these times of limited resources I don't generally like to waste any energy but since you're asking for it.

My dear if you'd only read before opening your "keyboard"...
Posted by: Giovanni Principe
Maria Consuelo Spera:
You see, when somebody breaks something in Italy gets unpunished and, IF the government must repair it, it has to raise the taxes to not upset the established thieves and spoilers.
With the dwarf it was bad, now with MortadellaMan is worse.
Prodi is an idiot.

Do I have to explain myself any further? Reinforncing a concept...have you ever heard about it?

Don't waste your energy but use it for something more important.

Posted by: Perfida Albione | November 28, 2006 04:59 PM

dear Giacomo,
I agree with you, but instead to complain, let's start to do something positive!
I can't stand this generalized moaning about everything and everyone any more, let's try to distinguish between the many bad cases and the few good cases of public managing, and, first of all, let's try to learn by good examples from abroad, how to make our cities cleaner and safer!
Even in Italy there are good examples: of cities with cycle tracks, good public transport, pedestrian areas, parks for children and less pollution.
What is the reason of this differences? May be the onesty and intelligence of the local public administrators.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 28, 2006 04:46 PM

Response to Raffaella Biferale:
Hello there, and although I am fed up to the nose with these marry go around about finanziaria and taxes, the fact of the matter is that thanks to our incompetent politicians from the Left and from the Right we find ourselves cities up and down this Country in a sorry state of complete disarray. The real fact of the matter is that our institutions runned by a whole bunch of incompetents with the Onorable and many more Pronoun in front of their name have sucked this Country dry with taxes filled their pockets and completely mismanaged each and any social activity and mandate they had about this Country. I would bring to your attention the Treni Italia (Government run company into Bankruptcy) ENI and ENEL (You I am sure know this Company and they make power with the most outdated plants in the whole Europe and not even in half of it we import from France Nuclear by the way) Milan Transport System is most inefficient of any City in Europe for goodness gracious there are bus and tram more than 30 years old for a population of 7 million people that has to use personal transportation to get to work with the consequences you can see as well. Would you like some more example of the complete let down from the institution look at Naples, garbage everywhere for the lst 12 years (Bassolino I think is from the left I am not mistaking) etc etc. Now like I sat left and right makes no difference these so called Politicians have failed us and the city and town we live in while collecting taxes at the tunes of billions and wasting them in Perks Salary and the good life for them and now that the coffins are empty and the deficit way out of control they ask for more sacrifice from us not them. Is this a good reson to complain about our cities full of cars, smog, delinquents, illegal and strikes of public transports every other day? Is this a reason in half?
Thanks

Posted by: Giacomo Chiametti | November 28, 2006 03:33 PM

Perfida Albione: what the hell has to do Prodi with this post?
Don't you think that if the government really would cut public spending, as you ask, that would mean also less money to improve for example the public transport in the cities, or the research of alternative and clean energie sources, in order to reduce the pollution in our cities?
I don't want to defend Prodi anyway, but I can't hear this long, boring thing about raising taxes no more.
It seems you want to have the cake and eat it: you want a better public service and more attention for the quality of our life, better air, more children...less pollution and cars, more trees and parks, for all these thing we need public money.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 28, 2006 02:59 PM

You are absolutely right!
Prodi in an absolute IDIOT surrounded by IDIOTS. He's tied to the chair of power and together with his multitude of idiots is taking the piss.
The OCSE today said that the latest government measures have created new taxes without even showing a small attempt to cut the public spending. Furthermore that Italy has a serious competitivity problem caused by high inflation and an incapacity to create any added value. Damn right!
Prodi get the hell out of there and take the whole Parliament with you!
Prodi you are an incompetent imbecile!

Posted by: Perfida Albione | November 28, 2006 02:29 PM

Maria Consuelo Spera:
With the dwarf it was bad, now with MortadellaMan is worse.
Prodi is an idiot.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 28, 2006 02:15 PM

Tell me where to sign Beppe!
I'm with you all the way!
Our children deserve a future!

Posted by: Perfida Albione | November 28, 2006 02:06 PM

Sometime it feels they want to make an awful lot of NEMOs out of us...
It is a DISAGRACE....we do everything by car,scooter...And i go on thinking about my youth and my da telling me... Can't buy a bike...There's no room for it in the house...Palermo's road are jammed with vehicles any time of the day...And it's gone a lot worse since ive returned...Dont they say Sicily is affected by a 50% unemployment rate??? IF true ...how on earth can they afford having two cars and 2 motorbikes in a household made by 2 adults and two children???
Sorry for ranting and raving...But i am kind of sick...
Thx 2 REPORT ive heard Prof. Gebbia is in Spain...and the solar panel plant in Melilli /Sortino/August is going to waste.....
Beppe....chi rompe paga...The one who breaks pays back and world wide MPs should pay for their mistakes....Have we condoned ? then Mps shouldnt get their wages to pay for the damages they made to our savings and deficiencies

Posted by: maria consuelo spera | November 28, 2006 01:01 PM