The politicians who promote tumours, nano particles, dioxin, and Stock Exchange profits with money from our Enel utility bills, are having another attempt. A little voice has told me that our employees of the Ulivo on Monday 29 January will not vote (together with their mates of AN and Forza Italia) for the Prodi Government amendment that:
- to respect the laws of the European Union (2001/77/CE on renewable energy sources and the regulations that forbid improper help from the State),
- to respect the health of the citizens who would inhale carcinogenic dioxins and nano particles, eliminates financing to incinerators and similar sources (coal, refinery plants using oil waste products) for those plant that are not yet constructed but which have "authorizations" on paper that were conceded before 31 December 2006.
Among the new gas chambers that were authorised by December 2006 there are the Turin incinerator, the Malagrotta (Rome) gasifier, new lines at Brescia and the furnace at Acerra.
The employees make pathetic appeals to the Right, like the Margherita President of the Province of Turin Saitta. The dioxin-DS car parker Chiamparino goes on TV and explains that we either give the money for the incinerators through the Enel utility bills or they will take the money by increasing the rubbish collection tariffs. Not a word about the alternatives to incinerators and the halving of the rubbish tips thanks to integrated systems that reduce waste at source, door to door collections with specific tariffs, composting and "cold" biological treatments.
We need to make our voices heard, dear employers:
- send an email to the Lower House and to the relevant members of the government with the following text:
"That's enough of the swindles against the EU laws about subsidies to incineration and similar sources. No to the special allowances for the inexistent plants of Turin, Rome-Malagrotta new lines at Brescia and the furnace at Acerra."
- sign the online petition at the EU Commission and with the Italian Government (already 26,000 signatures)
Give warning to any potential fire-raisers that I will publish the names (first name and surname) and email addresses of the employees in the Lower and Upper Houses who vote against the amendment if it is not approved.
If there should be sanctions in the future by the European Union for the plants that escape the ruling, I will hold them to be legally responsible for the financial penalties and for any damage to health and to the environment, even to the consideration of bringing an action for culpable homicide.
Posted by Beppe Grillo at 04:51 PM in Health/Medicine
(5) | Comments in Italian (translated)
Post a comment
| Sign up
| Send to a friend | | GrilloNews
View blog opinions
Tweet | | Condividi