The Autism Epidemic

autismo.jpg

One child in 150 suffers from autism. Twenty years ago it was one in 2,000. Scientists say this growth is caused by environmental and food pollution, and by vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
Pediatricians don’t have efficient tools to diagnose autism and the true causes are not attacked.
It’s the beauty capitalism. If tortoises were to adopt it they would be wiped out in 2 or 3 generations. It’s taking us a bit longer.
The Autism Society of America (ASA), the most authoritative association in the world for the prevention and care of autism has written to the Minister Livia Turco.
It asks for two things: Support the draft law proposed by the employee in the Lower House, Teresio Delfino, to recognise the social dimension of autism and to put in place measures to fight it.
Help Dr. Franco Verzella, European President of the organisation Defeat Autism Now (DAN!) in his initiatives.
An autistic child is considered to be a “psychotic”, treated by neuro-psychiatrists with drugs and after 15 years kept in secure accommodation. An approach that creates so many examples of “Rain Man”. DAN! has a method that is completely different, multidisciplinary. That acts on the causes not the effects.
Diets without gluten, milk and its derivatives, sugar, preservatives and colouring agents and treatments for the restoration of intestinal harmony.
Then the use of nutrients with amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids and anti-oxidising minerals. Finally the removal of toxic metals present in the child’s organism and the strengthening of the immune system.
Employee Turco give one knock. Help DAN!. And advise your most seriously affected colleagues to use this method. To be tried between one sniff and another.

Links:
- www.autismresearchinstitute.com
- www.autism.org
- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/documents/AutismcommunityReport.pdf

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 11:28 AM in | Comments (16) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen | TrackBack (0) |
| | Condividi

Comments

Salve,
Mi chiamo Marco, vivo in UK ed ho un figlio affetto da sindrome di Asperger. Non voglio fare un commento sulle cause e le cure sull'autismo poichè la problematica è così complessa e con ancora così poche certezze che sarebbe inutile provarci. E comunque sono 6 anni che mi informo, leggo, incontro medici, etc. e non ho ancora un quadro completo della problematica.
Vorrei solo fare un appunto a Beppe.
L'informazione riportata sul blog è solo una piccolissima parte di quella relativa all'autismo. Ed in particolare quella che viene dall'america dove lo sfruttamento delle famiglie alle prese con bimbi autistici è altissimo.
Quindi se non hai tempo di affrontare con completezza un argomento è meglio che non lo affronti per niente. E comunque sarebbe meglio promuove un'organizzazione italiana che aiuti le famiglie piuttosto che supportare una singola scuole di pensiero.

Posted by: Marco Marini | April 11, 2007 10:28 PM

Hallo! I move to Australia one week before and do not know: is there vaccination against cangaroos?
I very worry! Tank you very for help!!

Posted by: Adele Scattafoglia | April 10, 2007 04:27 PM

A VIEW IN FAVOR OF VACCINATIONS

In a society where everyone is vaccinated, a non-vaccinated kid could probably live safely--by free-riding. His protection is afforded to him by the vaccinations of others.

The are, however, some problems with this "solution".

If more than a handful of people apply this, the protection is lost. And the non-vaccinated child is at greater risk.

Vaccinations imply some risks. It is not ethical to free-ride on the risks incurred by others.

A child that has not been vaccinated is also at greater risk in the future. He may come into contact with the disease by travel or by contact with people who are not vaccinated (migrations increase this risk). A society where vaccinations are mandatory may well not be able to detect outbreaks before several cases emerge. Those several early cases are likely to be among those who have not been vaccinated.

Posted by: Andrea Marchi | April 10, 2007 11:59 AM

thanks for the reply, we are expecting our first kid and i am just starting to get some info about vaccination. I have access to my university database and reading plenty of research, some good, some bad. But for what I can see the opinion in the scientific community are pretty divided. I am only looking at academic literature so to avoid the bullshit on google (he he). I have a friend up in Cairns that have both a Naturopathy degree and is now a medical doctor working at the Cairns hospital. I think she can help me out. I don't know anything about it, I have a diploma in health science and I am on my second year of exercise science so I understand what they are talking about but is going to take a while to make an inform decision. I would like to consider every vaccine by them self and then decide if I will vaccinate them. Maybe I can choose some and some not, depends on my findings.

I think is bullshit that they force you to vaccinate your kids, that they give you incentives . They can stick their incentives up their a.., I just want a proper debate, more because they will not respond if a kid react badly to the vaccine. In principle I am not really happy about the concept. The money behind it and the lack of debate from the institutions. For example the cervical cancer vaccine haven't being properly tested on humans.

No I didn't go to the blues festival, to much studies to do. I heard it was great. Byron is to avoid during festival like that, too many people. And it always rain! Maybe they should held it over the dams. He he.

We are lucky here, the dams are full so full they want to pump water to the gold coast.

Ciao
Andrea

Posted by: andrea | April 10, 2007 06:18 AM

There are as many theories about the causes of autism as there are experts to peddle their wares.
Cheers

Posted by: mcewen asker | April 10, 2007 02:54 AM

to prof Mill,wish for you that in Florence,you finally have a good bonking,you need it,you sound very stress,good luck

Posted by: evakulnura | April 10, 2007 01:54 AM

Andrea the little I know about come from friends mothers,one with an asperger kid,the other with a girl with all sort of allergies from food chlorine asthma you name it,tha asperger kid as you said he is a very clever kid,he used to do 150 pieces puzzle at 15 month,he was a handful for his mother that at that time beside having another older child to look after,she was herself battling with chronic fatigue residue of glandular fever,she find out about the asperger syndrome when her child was in kindy,fortunately they can afford private school and the child doesn't take any medication,and he is doing very very well,he is a lovely lovely boy,regarding my other girl friend daughter,after trying all sort of things,she turned to naturopah,and the first think they did was remove with herbs the side effect of the vaccination,now I do not know how that works,but it seems with diet and herbs she hasn't have any more asthma,now how do we explain that,as I said I do not know much about,what do you think about the vaccination bonus that parents get here in Australia after vaccinated their kids?

Posted by: evakulnura | April 10, 2007 01:51 AM

Andrea Bonotto,I got my kid vaccinated,my get's funny with coloring(red,green,and yellow),and certain drinks(like Solo),so we try to stay clear of those,about vaccination,for what I know now I am in two mind about,if I had the change to go back I do not know if I would do it again,what do you think about the vaccination for cervical cancer?they are going to give for free to all the teenager girls,I watch last week the movie "children of men"and make me wonder about,did you go to the "Byron jazz festival"?ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | April 10, 2007 12:36 AM

Bruna,

Thanks for contributing valuable information and a bit of sanity!

Posted by: Marcello Ferrari | April 10, 2007 12:16 AM

Can J Neurol Sci. 2006 Nov;33(4):341-6. Links

Comment in:
Can J Neurol Sci. 2006 Nov;33(4):339-40.

Immunizations and autism: a review of the literature.

* Doja A,
* Roberts W.

Division of Neurology, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON, Canada.

Because of a temporal correlation between the first notable signs and symptoms of autism and the routine childhood vaccination schedule, many parents have become increasingly concerned regarding the possible etiologic role vaccines may play in the development of autism. In particular, some have suggested an association between the Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine and autism. Our literature review found very few studies supporting this theory, with the overwhelming majority showing no causal association between the Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine and autism. The vaccine preservative thimerosal has alternatively been hypothesized to have a possible causal role in autism. Again, no convincing evidence was found to support this claim, nor for the use of chelation therapy in autism. With decreasing uptake of immunizations in children and the inevitable occurrence of measles outbreaks, it is important that clinicians be aware of the literature concerning vaccinations and autism so that they may have informed discussions with parents and caregivers.

PMID: 17168158 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLI

* Taylor B.

Community Child Health, Royal Free and University College Medical School, UCL Hampstead Campus, London, UK. brent.taylor@medschool.ucl.ac.uk

BACKGROUND: The epidemiology of autism has been rather confusing, with very variable published prevalence figures and no clear incidence data. The cause of autism is unclear; vaccines have been incriminated. METHODS: Literature review and interpretation. RESULTS: The recorded prevalence of autism has increased considerably in recent years. This reflects greater recognition, with changes in diagnostic practice associated with more trained diagnosticians; broadening of diagnostic criteria to include a spectrum of disorder; a greater willingness by parents and educationalists to accept the label (in part because of entitlement to services); and better recording systems, among other factors. The cause(s) of autism remains unclear. There is a strong genetic component which, along with prenatally determined neuro-anatomical/biochemical changes, makes any post-natal 'cause' unlikely. CONCLUSIONS: There has (probably) been no real increase in the incidence of autism. There is no scientific evidence that the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine or the mercury preservative used in some vaccines plays any part in the aetiology or triggering of autism, even in a subgroup of children with the condition.

Posted by: Bruna Pelucchi | April 9, 2007 09:58 PM

Oh, c´mon Joe... it was just a joke! ;D

By the way, how come you keep referring to that pic. Haven´t you checked out her website?

Google up "veronica vega" and you should find it.

PS
Veronica Vega invites some funny rhymes... :D
(But the Rapanella joke is probably enough for today! haha)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 9, 2007 08:45 PM

ah ah ahah ahah ahah ahaha . me don't believe it. prof Mills not only stupid. Now Retarded. he think me Enrico Rossi. ah aha ahaha h. you are more stupid than squirrel. Prof Mills think me speak and write english like this for real. you Moron. prof Mills knows about segnorage. still he think problem in Italy is communists. public debt for him caused by communist coop. my penis more intelligent than you.
no funny stuff. no jokes.

New movie: title Hacker Fucker. actors Sandro Pascucci Prof Mills and Dave.
Plot the same. no worry. Sandro tries to stick pentium 3 in prof mills hairy ass. after 5 hours he gives up. Dave saves the day. he fucks prof mills 8 hrs 45min. Great performance. but small penis.

Posted by: hacker fucker | April 9, 2007 07:08 PM

Dear Beppe,

Please read my blog and after reading it let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Posted by: Leslie Feldman | April 9, 2007 07:06 PM

AUTISM AND POLLUTION

Of course autism has to do with pollution!

We have a terrible problem here in Rome: with all this AUTISM we have constant traffic jams!!

The roads are clogged, there are autos everywhere and the air is very polluted!

But Beppe here is wrong: it is AUTISM that causes pollution, not the contrary!!!!

Posted by: Rapanella Pifferale | April 9, 2007 04:23 PM

evakulnura,

I am reading at the moment, a book called Vaccination and Behavioral disorders, from Greg Wilson and it extensively talks about the links between vaccines like as the pertussis vaccine and autism and ADD kids.

I am new to the argument and not done much reading about it yet. But I would like to point out that the rise of numbers of Austistic kids have sharply increase because we kind of like to give syndromes to pretty much everybody. Look at Asperger Syndrome, it comes under Austims, but really are just smart kids that have social interection problems with their peers. We use to call them Nerds.

I think we should definably look at what we put inside our bodies, with food, pesticides, chemicals, the polluted air. But we should give kids a break and let them be kids. I can't believe how much drugs we make them swallow. It is scary.

There was an article on the Sydney paper last week about nurses, teachers and other professionals being threaten to be sack from work for refusing to vaccinate.

What is all this fuss about people not wanting to vaccinate. If people are concern to contract certain disease and vaccinate than you would think they would have no risk of contracting the disease. So why do they still want to force us, without giving us proper informations.

Do you know much about the subject?

While I

Posted by: Andrea | April 9, 2007 12:58 PM

Autism is not the only one, with Add and widespread depression around make you think,what's really in the food we eat,on the other hand we have"the indigo children" theory,anything is possible........I keep an open mind about it,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | April 9, 2007 12:07 PM