The Empire Strikes Back

empire_strikes_back.jpg

Italy is what it is. However it is predictable. If something works it puts the system at risk. The system then defends itself to preserve its own privileges and eliminate what it is that works. Gabriella is a coeliac. The Campi Hospital is a tiny light shining out for the people with immunopathologies of the South of Italy. Ask them.
I’m asking myself the usual questions. Who decided that Campi has to close? Why are immunopathologies not diagnosed? Why do these patients have to pay for everything? What are the causes of the immunopathologies? Is someone responsible for this? "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind".

Dear Beppe,
I am Gabriella B from Taranto. I’m 33 years old. I have a chronic inflammatory disease. I discovered this after 5 long years of marginalisation and suffering. And after useless treatment for anxiety. The doctors confused systemic attacks with panic attacks.
Last year I got to know the spokesperson for people with immunopathologies who told me of 20 years of suffering from the illness. But also of research on chronic illnesses!!
Why has someone decided that 3 out of 5 Italians have to spend their lives as chronic patients with useless pharmaceutical therapies when it’s possible to get better with immunological therapies?
After 15 years of struggle with the help of a Salentino doctor we managed to get the loan of 4 beds in the Campi Salentina hospital, with 20,000 requests to come to hospital just from the members of the associations. Just think of all those who don’t know of this possibility!
In 6 months, these 4 beds have given the possibility to 150 sick people (including myself) to discover what they have and to be able to get better! I am a coeliac, allergic to alimentary nickel, cobalt and lactose!
I’ve got Autoimmune Thyroiditis that’s never been diagnosed up until now and that has caused me 4 miscarriages. The opening of this department of internal medicine has been a success.
Today we heard the news that the Campi hospital is to close. With that goes our dream of being able to get better. Yes, because the State does not recognise our pathology and we have to pay for everything!
Those who have no money get into debt for useless pharmaceuticals and private visits. Campi could have become the leading centre in the South of Italy. Life is worth nothing compared to the chance of easy gains.
You would be stamping on the feet of those doctors that do private consultations at 350 euros a visit to just look at symptoms and 150 euro a month for therapies that keep you in a chronic state all your life.
If they close this hospital, where will the patients of the South of Italy find the immunologist for the treatment that is needed? With our pathology you need to be monitored in hospital or you need 1000 euro to do DNA tests.
Beppe help me to find a way out of this nightmare! I want to be able to get better. I want my social life back.
For the last 3 months I’ve been eating just chicken, apples and bananas because I don’t have the money to get a vaccine costing 300 euro and the ASL doesn’t even reimburse the 20%.
Not to mention the pasta for coeliacs, 7.50 euro for 500 grams. It’s disgusting!! The ASL recognises gluten allergies, but not genetic coeliac disease.
I’ve thought of going with other sick people to occupy the hospital so that they will arrest me and even give me a short interview. If you come to visit me in prison, no oranges, just a “panino with bresaola”, but the bread without yeast and without gluten.
Forgive me for having stolen so much of your time. I, for my part, thank you for the attention. You have listened to me and for me that is already a victory. In spite of all these difficulties I want to live. I love life and my neighbour. Even those who have decided that I am an Italian of serie B.”
Gabriella

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 06:35 PM in | Comments (19) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen | TrackBack (0) |
| | Condividi

Comments

Joe, can you found my tit?
My husband can´t...

ilaria

Posted by: ilaria | May 8, 2007 01:04 PM

Ilaria,it is just teasing,as you will see when you know Joe little better,it is absolutely harmless,it is just from tuscany,un bonaccione,please keep write on this blog,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 7, 2007 11:13 PM

Hey Joe,
can find the rhyme for Tom Tit... because it will really match you.
Why can you access a pc at this time of the day, can't you find a job??? I bet you live at home with mummy and daddy! Just grow up, will ya!
moi

Posted by: ilaria | May 7, 2007 07:08 PM

Hi Eva,
thanks for your words, but nobody really scared my off. I simply don't like this bitching ( no exception for myself). That's all.
Anyway, in two days I'm going to germany for a month (with my little Luca (13 months) and big girl Elena (3 yrs)), so I will be cut off!
It just seem like that this blog both in the english version and in the italian one has a degree of verbal abuse and violence that I abhorr. It's also very male orientated.
I've been reading this blog for over a year as source of alternative infos (I can't find Micromega here). Just the other day on the italian side I read a comment from a dearest friend of mine and I felt inspired too!
But my italian wobbles so I preferred to express myself on the english version... :))
But anyway thank you, but I think I really upset joe, just because I told him his english is not 100% that's why he shouldn't correct anybody else!
But it doesn't matter, Viel Danke und aufwiedersehen!!!
ilaria

Posted by: ilaria b | May 7, 2007 09:58 AM

Joe,well thank you very much!now you scared Ilaria off,nice work!by the way what do you mean when you say"you are the mother of two kids",so? what's wrong with that?should I remand you,that if was not for your mother,you wouldn't be around?!would you mother be happy knowing,that you are disrespectful thors mothers?or she would,grab your ears and whack your head?!and do not start picking on my english,that's won't work with me,what I like you to do,is apologising to Ilaria and mothers as well.thank you.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 7, 2007 02:01 AM

Oggi faccio molti errori: da cosa può dipendere Ms BIFERALE?Ansia alle stelle? | May 6, 2007 07:54 PM

No perche' hai la coda di paglia!

Posted by: claudia | May 6, 2007 11:49 PM

After I wrote the last post, I thought about few things... I came to the conclusion I do not like the turn this took.
So I apologize if I did upset people. I quit.
It all started because I wanted to express my thoughts about a topic. I have children arguing all day at home, I can't replicate that behaviuor outside my domestic walls.
Bye. Farewell.
ilaria

Posted by: Ilaria b | May 6, 2007 12:22 PM

I am an arrogant and stupid cow.
Replay:
I suppose it's that joe fellow to write this. Ok, that's your oppinion. I am fine with it!
I just shows how your ego is frail, you do feel threatened by any remarks. I must be really hard being you!
Have a nice sunday, dear.
Ilaria
(I always sign my post! Because I got the balls of doing it!)

Posted by: ilaria | May 6, 2007 10:54 AM

Dear Gabriella,

It is very sad that you can´t eat anything.
I would love to help you!

If you want, I will eat for you...

(What´s for dinner?)

In replay to this...
Gee, you are a real floater, effing turd!
Hope you get piles... Knob
ilaria

Posted by: ilaria barnett | May 6, 2007 09:19 AM

I never realized that comments do drag on from a topic to another... Anyway, I am sorry alleged Joe Prof of my a..e, I really could not be bother to read you whole reply to my innocent post... TOO boring.
I do exist, I am not one of the people that you generally argue with, I am just ilaria from england (surrey). I just enjoy to wind you up, it gives me a little distraction from screaming kids... it's amusing taking the p..s out of you, that's all!
Get a life man...
:))))
ilaria

Posted by: Ilaria | May 6, 2007 09:13 AM

Adam I do live in heaven how about you are you as lucky as me?

Posted by: evakulnura | May 6, 2007 03:12 AM

Joe I am not Ilaria,but I think for once you met somebody that can mach you,can wait for her replay.ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 6, 2007 02:11 AM

Adam,good try!anything to say?or that's all you can came up with?

Posted by: evakulnura | May 6, 2007 12:57 AM

Dear Gabriella,

It is very sad that you can´t eat anything.
I would love to help you!

If you want, I will eat for you...

(What´s for dinner?)

Posted by: Adam Kulnura | May 5, 2007 11:57 PM

well, what to say another wonderful example... but I am afraid to say in the uk is just a little bit different. Gluten free food is widely available, but yet hospitals do shut all the times (thanks new labour!!!).
Good luck,
ilaria b

Posted by: ilaria barnett | May 5, 2007 11:47 PM

Gabriella ,you got all my sympaty,I got a girlfriends in your same position,some have thyroid problems other Crohn's disease fortunately for them,they live in Australia,where things are much better for people with this problems,for start gluten free food is not so exspensive,it is possible to find at the local supermarket,and they have a vast range, and restaurant as well now cater for this kind of food,it seems more and more people are having difficulty with gluten,yeast,coloring,dairy you name it,good luck hope ,things work out well for you

Posted by: evakulnura | May 5, 2007 11:21 PM

This is further evidence that the Italian politicians are like monkeys: whatever they cannot fuck up they shit on it.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 5, 2007 10:44 PM