Political press release number twelve

Grillo_dottor_Spock.jpg

Delirium. A bridge across the Straits of Messina. Delirium. Nuclear power stations. Delirium. The Army in Campania. Delirium. Some new incinerators. Delirium. Criminals in Parliament. Delirium. 95% of crimes going unpunished thanks to the made to measure laws. Delirium. Tar-Head as Prime Minister, thanks to Craxi’s television broadcasting concessions. Delirium. The bullshit electoral law. Delirium. Unconstitutional political elections. Delirium. Public opinion ignored with the scrapping of the referendum regarding the electoral law, public funding and the NO to nuclear power. Delirium. Italy without any freedom of information, somewhere between Botswana and Iraq. Delirium. Campania, Calabria and Sicily in the hands of the mafia groups. Delirium. Arson attacks against the Rom camps. Delirium. Bassolino and Iervolino fail to resign. Delirium. Topo Gigio fails to fire them. Delirium. The decision handed down by the European Court of Justice condemning the Gasparri Law is ignored. Delirium. Rete 4 is costing us 350,000 Euro in fines every day, ever since the first of January 2006. Delirium. Lovers, secretaries, trusted lawyers, spokesmen and hangers-on become senators and deputies. Delirium. The only thing missing is Caligula’s horse. Delirium. Expansion of the American military bases in Italy. Delirium. Andreotti, statute-barred for collusion with the mafia becomes senator for life. Delirium. Millions of Euro of European Community funds magically disappear in Campania. Delirium. A moratorium on the influx from Rumania is applied almost throughout the whole of Europe with effect from the first of January 2007, but not in Italy. Delirium. 22,000 Italian companies operating in Rumania thanks to European Community funding (our taxes) while there is unemployment in Italy. Delirium. The price of petrol is rising, utility bills and fuel costs are going up but ENEL and ENI are making more profit. Delirium. Geronzi, often-investigated, becomes the boss-man of Mediobanca. Delirium. Scaroni, sentenced criminal, now the boss-man at ENI. Delirium. Six million temporary workers. Delirium. The lowest rate of development and the highest Government costs in the whole of Europe. Delirium. 350,000 signatures calling for Clean Government are dumped in the cellar at the Senate. Delirium. 1,636 billion Euro of public debt and 70 billion in interest payments every year, equivalent to three annual budgets. Delirium. Emma Marcegaglia, suddenly an expert in nuclear power, and Rubbia in Spain. Delirium. The country has entered into a new state: Delirium. “A altered state of mental confusion, involving twitching and hallucinations, caused by acute feverish activity and mental illness” (“Nuovo Zingarelli”).
Italy has had a fever for far too long, now comes the Delirium. Delirium means going off the rails. We have derailed. The ship’s cook is now piloting the ship while the captain lies under the covers, fast asleep. In a democracy, the captain represents the public’s wishes.
The strawberries need to be picked. I repeat: The strawberries need to be picked.

business education articles new education business opportunities finance education deposit money education making art loan education deposits make education your home good income education outcome issue medicine education drugs market education money trends self education roof repairing market education online secure education skin tools wedding education jewellery newspaper education for magazine geo education places business education design Car education and Jips production education business ladies education cosmetics sector sport education and fat burn vat education insurance price fitness education program furniture education at home which education insurance firms new education devoloping technology healthy education nutrition dress education up company education income insurance education and life dream education home create education new business individual education loan form cooking education ingredients which education firms is good choosing education most efficient business comment education on goods technology education business secret education of business company education redirects credits education in business guide education for business cheap education insurance tips selling education abroad protein education diets improve education your home security education importance

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 01:15 PM in | Comments (30) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen |
| | Condividi

Comments

You´re so desperate to look like a victim that
I´m moved to compassion.

:D

Posted by: Skolko Stoit | May 31, 2008 02:28 PM

I did twist your name but not in a insult, you did
with mine insulting me.
Wikipedia
La Stoltezza in Cristo, è una particolare forma di ascetismo presente nell'esperienza della Chiesa ortodossa. In Russia, dove, assume il nome di jurodstvo (юродство), coloro che intraprendono tale via religiosa sono chiamati anche Jurodivyj (юродивый). Gli Stolti in Cristo, ancor oggi presenti sul territorio russo, si aggirano per le città vestiti solo di stracci, mortificando il proprio corpo attraverso digiuni e lunghe veglie e dormendo all'aperto o nelle case di chi offre loro ospitalità. Il loro comportamento differisce a seconda delle situazioni: se mentre sono in mezzo alla folla simulano pazzia e trattano a male parole chiunque, ricco o povero, credono allontanarsi dal volere di Dio, in privato sono calmi e assennati e non disdegnano di offrire aiuto, il più delle volte sotto forma di consiglio, a chi si rivolge loro. Ritenuti dalle credenze popolari capaci di miracoli e di prevedere il futuro, sono trattati con il più profondo rispetto da ogni fascia sociale della popolazione e molto spesso venerati già in vita.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 31, 2008 01:28 PM

I pointed out the incoherence in your comments.

You responded by twisting the nick into an insult. This is pure SARDO-MASOCHISM, given your name!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

You lose at your own game!!! Don´t you see you´re just making a fool of yourself???

:D

Posted by: Skolko Stoit | May 31, 2008 10:51 AM

This why I called you Stolto. You confirmed that you are in front quite a lot of people a Stolto stupid.

Sorry I can't stand your hopeless self respect.

Get lost.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 31, 2008 05:25 AM

We can´t see any of yours :D

Posted by: Skolko Stoit | May 31, 2008 12:05 AM

We can all see your mature qualifications.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 30, 2008 08:33 PM

Gualtiero Cacca

It must suck to be you!

:D

Posted by: Skolko Stoit | May 30, 2008 03:26 PM

Stolto Stoit, you will see how funny is when you get

older,

by then have fun ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))-

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 30, 2008 01:23 AM

Stolto Stoit, you will see how funny is when you get

older,

by then have fun ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))-

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 30, 2008 01:22 AM

"Go for the victory, if he is trying to kill your reputation, no doubt, go for the kill, of course verbal, don't loose time in explanations you will loose

...

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 28, 2008 07:04 AM

----------------

Sorry for that, I use reading glasses and sometime
I don't see the red underline of the spellcheck..
I apologise and will try my best.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 28, 2008 08:43 PM

-----------------

Funny these two messages were posted by the same person!

:O

Posted by: Skolko Stoit | May 28, 2008 08:59 PM

Sorry for that, I use reading glasses and sometime
I don't see the red underline of the spellcheck..
I apologise and will try my best.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 28, 2008 08:43 PM

cocco - great lesson about writing. now - when are you going to learn how to spell?

Posted by: ddeeddee | May 28, 2008 06:42 PM

Edededed,

I like your comments. When I was younger I was writing like you do with a lot of...between the lines..and long comments like you do.

Later I understood the importance to read and to get to point quick. Why?

When you are long you risk to offer many points to
be criticized being rhetoric and redundant.
Doing so you offer the verbal fight.

But when someone attack you or whatever it's a mistake to tender the verbal fight.

You have to win the verbal fight with true articulate facts,no thoughts.

To do that I learned well to read and to read between the lines precisely. When you have clear where the critic is locking you, in the corner you get ready for your replay.

Has to be essential ,clear and short not to offer
any chance of verbal survival. Kick just under his knees, of course verbally,he will get lost.

My english teacher was a lawyer and my lawyer writes like a king, I learned from him.

yours
very
truly

GC

Of course it's just my experience, not a criticism
Ciao

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 28, 2008 07:04 AM

I watched Porta a Porta last night and listened to the guests' upbeat explanations and solutions for Naples' garbage. At one point Mr.Vespa read a letter he received from a geologist. It was about the selection of dumping-sites. The geologist said that, with proper preparations and efficient and disciplined operation, most sites are suited for the disposal of garbage. Mr.Vespa's eyes lit up for a split second, and he turned toward the Minister of the Interior (I think that's who he was) and said, "it can be done" and the Minister in fatherly fashion echoed, "it can be done." Now, I'm sitting ten thousand miles away and by the televised pictures of the area and the route to be used by trucks, Chiaiano's site is a no-go; shouldn't be used as a dump. Unless they use cargo helicopters, garbage-trucks, trucking up and down the residential streets, will make the lives of the residents along that route a living hell. Will geologists include that factor in their studies? At Porta a Porta the proclamations of care and concerns expressed by the guests,however, didn't include the noise and pollution of the trucks going up and down neighbourhoods where children play. And I didn't hear anything about possible compensation for the people whose properties will be devalued should that quarry turn into a garbage dump. But, maybe it doesn't matter. Perhaps, the Chiaianesi will buy themselves a second home on the Emerald Coast and go keep Silvio company this summer.

Posted by: louis pacella | May 27, 2008 11:51 PM

Edededed

You are demented. Seek psychiatric help quickly - for your own sake.

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 27, 2008 05:05 PM

I'm so happy I moved to Amsterdam 20 years ago!!!
I do not miss Italy at all.

Good luck!! You need a lot! I think it's too late....

Greetings,

Barbara

Posted by: Barbara Merlone | May 27, 2008 11:32 AM

Dear Edededed

I think you should change name to AD NAUSEAM. What do you do? Read an English dictionary and vomit the words on a page in a random manner? There is no continuity or sense in anything you write. And PLEASE stop using **** every 3 lines.

Dear Rolly Wheeler

You’re right. Things are not well in Australia. Even though we have one of the best welfare, health and school systems in the world and that the standard of living rocks between 1 and 4 on a world ranking, and even though there is so much work that the Rudd Labor government has now announced that it will increase immigration by 50,000 per year to satisfy the demand for experienced people. Even though we have all this it’s still hard to get a decent mango out of season

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 27, 2008 10:34 AM

Well Mr.Galli, I don't think a gift will buy forever any human being. In fact a gift should be given without any thought of returned favor.

If later happen I dislike the person or the company that was so generous to me that doesn't mean to be intended "I better shut up, I was paid".

If you switch the word gift with cut then you are right,if someone pay a cut in a form of gift "good talking" is expected.

In both cases though, it's not a contract.

The frivolous story of undermining the credibility
it's just a low attempt to make your point in a kind of subtle mafia style like " you got paid so be silent" it's a big company....you damage the company, they can damage you.... see all this kind of thoughts you are implying with your considerations are not positive to trigger especially with an higher education writings you pretend to show off. Finally comes back to you.

Greetings

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 27, 2008 09:45 AM

There is a columnist fit for laughter on the "Evening Courier". He described us as outdated, we fight finished fights: like Japanese soldiers continuing to fight WWII, even after it's over. He predicted we will "disappear"; we're animals destined to be extinct. He said Berlusconi advent marked the miraculous and happy ending of human progress bringing everlasting peace and never-ending prosperity and free love; Silvio gave the world a reality-check and objective journalism. To be sure, we get nothing, nothing, nothing. Santa "Silvio" Claus has nothing for loosers. We missed the bus on its way to the end of history. We will forever be stuck in the age of ideologies. Oh yes, he said something about immigrants and how this is the era of Italy for Italians, "termovalorizzatori",nuclear power, and other profound bullshit. Sir, you really pissed me off! I'm so pissed off that I'm breathing fire and I'm going to suffocate you with the most vile, abominable, vicious, malignant insults I can find...sir, with all due respect, crawl back under the rock you came from!

Posted by: louis pacella | May 27, 2008 03:26 AM

It seems that Italy suffers from some of the same problems that we do here in America. I'm working with a company that did a cool video making fun of George Bush and Putin. We're going to do a few more so I'd be curious to see what you guys think.

Posted by: david peck | May 27, 2008 03:08 AM

Well, at this point your claims are as solid as mine. Funny thing is you protect Mr. Grillo without even knowing whether he actually was partying with the McKinsey folks.

The claims you make are as bogus as the "cheap fabrications" you mention. With the difference that I positioned my claim citing my source (the post on this blog of a former McK employee) whereas you have nothing but your convoluted sentences to back up your statements. And the fact that you haven't even signed your name makes you look even less believable.

Mr Grillo predicates not to believe the hype, to be critical, curious, to go beyond what people want you to know. You don't seem so eager to know the truth, as much as you want to defend what you believe is the truth. Mr. Grillo would be very upset with you.

So for once I will follow Mr. Grillo's advice and investigate.

I happen to know a couple of people that used to work in the Italian office of McKinsey (that also explains how I know about the company first hand), will ask them about that retreat and the presence of Mr. Grillo.

Will keep everybody posted.

EG

Posted by: Ernesto Galli | May 27, 2008 02:54 AM

Contrary to LP's opinion I find the use of the word 'delirium' strangely appropriate.

[delirium |dɪˌlɪrɪəm|
noun
an acutely disturbed state of mind that occurs in fever, intoxication, and other disorders and is characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence of thought and speech.]

Unfortunately this definition applies to the thinking of the general populus rather more than those that manipulate others for their personal gain.

It is accompanied by a chronic state of denial that it is they, the ordinary folk, who ultimately carry the responsibility for their appalling history of corrupt governance.

Deceit and dishonesty are the foundations of Italian daily life. "Far ben truffa" is a way of life greatly appreciated by the practiced exponents of the art. A visit to any street market will illustrate how deeply this concept is entrenched in the common consciousness.

The pretense by the individual that he/she is somehow at a distance from such base behaviour, and that La Bella Paese is not, in reality, submerged in a mountain of 'immondizia'- physically, spiritually, politically, commercially and socially - and that good music, good food and wine and "la bella figura" can make all things right, is the real delirium.

And, No. Not all is well in the state of Australia either.

Posted by: Rolly Wheeler | May 27, 2008 02:52 AM

[delirium |dɪˌlɪrɪəm|
noun

And, No. Not all is well in the state of Australia either.

Posted by: Rolly Wheeler | May 27, 2008 02:52 AM

Dear all,

I was randomly browsing through old comments on this forum and found one that really made me stop and think.

Apparently Mr. Grillo, has participated in McKinsey's annual holiday trip in Egypt as a guest entertainer. For those who don't know who McKinsey is, it is the biggest and most prestigious management consulting firm in the world, working for all the multi-nationals that Mr. Grillo despises, often on cost cutting projects.

They do what they do, they are part of the system, that's how it works, hate it or love it. The thing that I find really surprising is that somebody like Mr. Grillo accepted to get a few vacation days paid by the above company in a 5 star hotel, eating, drinking and sleeping on the white beaches of Hurghada. The money that paid for Mr. Grillo's food and accommodation came straight from the companies that he loves to hate.

He also did his little show during the last dinner, among the laughters of hundreds of partners and consultants.

This is huge. This could undermine the foundation of Mr. Grillo's credibility... I am not sure how this fit at all in what Mr. Grillo predicates every single day. If he was so much into what he is saying, how could he possibly accept money and vacation days from the company that most represents what he is fighting against?

Regards,

EG

Posted by: Ernesto Galli | May 27, 2008 01:31 AM

Dear LP

I agree with you about criticizing the English. I suppose it was a moment of frustration. But damn! These people are so quick to rear up in abhorrence if anybody dares to say anything against them, yet paradoxically they feel they can say we insult them when we come with genuine criticisms that would be acceptable and obligatory in our own countries. Hypocrisy? It’s like pasta and faggioli – a daily repast.

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 26, 2008 07:18 PM

Dear LP

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 26, 2008 07:18 PM

Robert, Criticizing (even though I did it) Grillo's English, (or anybody's) makes me uneasy as hell. But many have often told him that his English blogs are poorly translated. I can't figure out what the problem is in hiring a professional translator.
You're right, "Delirium" in an Enlish sentence sounds clunky. It may give the gist of the sentence, but doesn't fit. "Madness" fits.

Posted by: LP | May 26, 2008 06:25 PM

The Italian term 'delirio' has been used in figurative way.

Posted by: maro saro | May 26, 2008 05:32 PM

and then I'll go and buy my cigarettes asking for a "vensto bla" (winston blue)

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 26, 2008 03:16 PM

Delirium: The translator doesn't know what delirium means in English.
Delirium: The translator has a basic understanding of English.
Delirium: The translator doesn't know that it's Romania not Rumenia in English.

Delirium: I'm going to start ordering a Pisa instead of Pizza.

Posted by: Robert Morrison | May 26, 2008 03:11 PM