Giuseppe Gatì

video_giuseppegati.jpg

business education articles new education business opportunities finance education deposit money education making art loan education deposits make education your home good income education outcome issue medicine education drugs market education money trends self education roof repairing market education online secure education skin tools wedding education jewellery newspaper education for magazine geo education places business education design Car education and Jips production education business ladies education cosmetics sector sport education and fat burn vat education insurance price fitness education program furniture education at home which education insurance firms new education devoloping technology healthy education nutrition dress education up company education income insurance education and life dream education home create education new business individual education loan form cooking education ingredients which education firms is good choosing education most efficient business comment education on goods technology education business secret education of business company education redirects credits education in business guide education for business cheap education insurance tips selling education abroad protein education diets improve education your home security education importance
A young man has died, electrocuted while he was at work. He was called Giuseppe Gatì. To him I dedicated the first post of the year. What struck me was his desperate shout for judge Caselli and the Antimafia judges in the face of the indifference and the hostility of dozens of people. Giuseppe was stopped, identified and kept in a room for hours. It has been reported that his death was due to an accident and that an inquest has been started. The blog will follow the developments.
While I’m writing this, I have in my mind the words of Fabrizio De Andrè’s song "Canzone del maggio" {May song}:
"And now if you believe – that everything is as it was before – because you have voted again – for security, for discipline – convinced that you are distancing – the fear of change – we will come again to your doors – and we will shout even louder – even though you believe yourselves to be absolved – you are forever implicated...".
Yesterday a comment about Giuseppe was added and I’m giving it here.

”Giuseppe Gatì died this morning. Incredible isn’t it? We saw him with our own eyes and yet we still can’t believe it.
Giuseppe died while he was working: he went to get milk from a farmer and he died electrocuted while he was turning on the tap of the refrigerated milk tank. He died in a dirty wooden shed. A friend has died. A decent person. With high principles. Anyone who had the chance to know him knows what sort of rare flower he was.
He wanted to defend his land. He didn’t want to abandon it. He stayed in Campobello di Licata, a small village in the province of Agrigento. A village that offers little and that can easily be escaped from. He worked in his father’s cheese factory, with his “signorine”, with his Girgentana goats that he took to pasture. He was an HONEST lad, with solid principles on the rule of law and justice. He had done everything to involve the sleepy young people of Campobello, so that they would rebel against this dirty and mean society. He was too clean to live in the middle of this stench and this filth.
He had shouted out “VIVA CASELLI! VIVA IL POOL ANTIMAFIA!” {Long live Caselli! Long live the Antimafia judges!} and he was even criticised for this, but he had budged these putrid and stagnant waters that are suffocating us.
He was a very gentle lad, he gave love, he wanted love.
Today, his father, shattered by anguish, in tears, said: “I have always been proud of my son, even though at times I had to tell him off, just because I was worried about him. But I am proud of everything that he has done.” Giuseppe knew this.
And we too, Alessia, Alice and all his friends, we are proud of him. We don’t know how to express our sadness. We still cannot manage to believe it.
We leave you with his words:
'Our moment has come, the moment of the honest Sicilians, of those who want to fight for a true change, against those who have reduced and who continue to reduce our land to a desert, we have the moral obligation to rebel against them.' ”

Facebook group dedicated to Giuseppe Gatì.

Previous Post: "Upside Down Italy"

Posted by Beppe Grillo at 09:54 AM in | Comments (6) | Comments in Italian (translated) Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews | listen_it_it.gifListen |
| | Condividi

Comments

Lo invito a mi blog

Posted by: clara | February 13, 2009 01:05 PM

Dear Sir,

I would like to know more about Giuseppe Gatì 'cause i post somenthing about his death. please le me knoe the place of born and death just to upgrade our blog. thanks to helping us to know him

ethan shaewn ajakae lesath

Posted by: ethan lesath | February 5, 2009 02:20 PM

We all know who are the real responsible for this tragedy, and they are all sitting in our parliament. Bastardi.

Posted by: Matteo Cerutti | February 3, 2009 11:51 AM

No so long ago I watched the video that made him popular...and now he is already gone. I even made my wife and my daughter see the video, to show them how real italians still exist, but that unfortunately are in extinction...because the environment is polluted by indigenous species who are threatening the natives.

Posted by: alessandro Rutigliano | February 3, 2009 07:30 AM

I wish this story wouldn't get forgotten like yesterday's headline. I wish that in ten years the murderers got caught and sentenced. I wish that in twenty years someone would make a movie about this lad. I wish that there were someone at the radio to say that we wouldn't read this on the newspaper the day after because the media would mind some news far more important. I wish someone were there to say with sarcasm: who cares about this "piccolo siciliano di provincia". I wish I haven't seen the movie "Cento passi" thus I wouldn't have this awful taste in my mouth after seeing the story repeating...

Posted by: Filipe Santoro | February 2, 2009 09:15 PM

thank you for telling his story.

Posted by: Jenny Lawson, Bloggess | February 2, 2009 12:39 PM