"La società dei magnaccioni"

Alberto_Sordi.jpg
Photo: Alberto Sordi

Fazio has organised a 2-day event (24 and 25 November) for employees of the Bank of Italy to celebrate Thirty Years of Work.

Guest of Honour and Speaker, together with Fazio, is Giulio Andreotti, “prescritto” (acquitted on grounds of expiration of statutory terms) Life Senator.

On the first day, the employees will be guests of the Pontifical University San Tommaso d’Aquino, in Rome and will be greeted by their Great Rector.

On the second day they will have a guided tour of the Vatican Museums.

Fazio and our employees will be making music and singing (they’ll have a concert directed by Salvatore Accardo) in between cocktails, receptions, lunches and dinners for two working days.

For those two days, the Italians will work, (those who have a job) so that they can pay off the Public Debt, mortgages at variable rates and the economic costs of Italy’s the more-than-negative image created by Fazio and the bank of Italy for months now.

Why is Fazio still there? Perhaps because it’s convenient for everyone?

Not just for the League, but also for the left?

I feel tender emotions for the employees of the Bank of Italy, obliged to absorb the attentions of the Great Rector, Fazio and Andreotti and then all off for a school trip to the Vatican.

P.S. If you don't know the popular song "La società dei magnaccioni" listen to this

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

Happy New Years to Beppe and all the cast.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | December 29, 2005 10:02 PM

I think that it's a must for the top management and I do not envy them not the best way to celebrate. What about their families who may not like this 2 nights trip?

Posted by: Alex Gold | December 15, 2005 08:27 PM

Whether its legal or ethical to say ‘Merry Christmas’ is not something I want to hear argued in congress, or spoken of in courts, or even mentioned in the local newspapers...
Merry Christmas to all your correspondents Beppe.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | December 5, 2005 01:50 AM

The Vatican is a beautiful sight, I love seeing those buildings. I hope they get the snow we get here in America, that makes it more enjoybale.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | December 2, 2005 01:03 AM

In the Vatican they are not as fancy as in US with the lights, they rely mostly on the artworks around the church.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | December 1, 2005 04:47 PM

I always watch the vatican service at midnight for Christmas and Easter, do they decorate in Italy like they do in America for Christmas?
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | December 1, 2005 03:53 AM

I don't lknow the song 'La società dei magnaccioni' but if you hum a few bars I will try to join in.
What do you think of Cheney's remrks on the Iraq issue?
Here is another issue I wonder how you and your readers feel about?
One of the requirements for the exit strategy, or what is now being called the victory strategy, is the stability and formation of the Iraqi army. However, many are now saying that the Iraqi army evolving is becoming as bad, if not worse, than the regimental army that supported Sadaam Hussein previously. Ayad Allawi has accused Shia Muslims in the Government of being responsible for death squads and secret torture centers. Ayad has advised that, “The brutality of elements in the new security forces rivals that of Mr. Hussein's secret police.” Many Shia officials state that justification for the so called Iraqi Army Death Squads stems from the years and years of oppression they suffered under Sadaam Hussein. I do not buy this argument; I do not think we went into Iraq to help one religious group settle a score with another religious group. If this is what is now occurring I think we really need to address our policy in Iraq.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | November 30, 2005 12:52 AM

I agree with you, I think globalism is not as good a thing as it was first made out to be. I feel many countries are losing their identities because of the influx of individuals who do not assimilate into their new culture. I also feel many ignore the threats of globalization until it hits them in their own backyards. Most people avoid talk of outsourcing until it causes them their job, then they are up in arms. I only hope more people become involved in their countries affairs and take action. Individuals such as yourself with a good opinion are greatly appreicated.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | November 28, 2005 01:12 AM

Ray
I think that with what we are saying on these posts we are walking on very thin eggshells.
You have to know that I live in USA since 1994 because of my job.
During all these years I obviously had plenty of occasions to fly to my Country and every time I'm there I sense this deterioration of our tradition due to life style, economy, Globalism and you name it..
All these years spent in US made me connected in different realities from a neutral point of view (the fact I can't vote in US and live in Italy): thru the web I can read news from all over the world and, of course, filter (or try to filter) the way every single nation treats information in a way that I can have information closer to the truth.
Going back to the original issue, I see Italy like a growing relative that I visit once or twice a year and for this I can point out whatever grows or dies by listening to everything I can.Sometimes is like going to a big Kindergarten where big kids play without looking out the fence.
They don't realize that beyond the fence everything is falling apart and because of this they just complain about the food that is thrown in the fence.
Complaining between themselves and fighting between themselves.
I don't know how is going to end but I hope somebody will wake up from this slumber.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 27, 2005 06:39 PM

feel we share alot of the same views on this topic. I would be very interested to hear more of how this type of discussion proceeds with the average Italian man and woman. In America this is a very hard subject to adress but I seethat some other countries have an easier time. I once heard a statement that the best lie is 90% truth, I think this statement fits in excatly with your discussion about the level of demagogism on behalf of the leader of a nation.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | November 27, 2005 01:29 AM

You are right.
A crime is just a crime.
To do it in the name of God just indicates the level of demagogism on behalf of the leader of a nation, due to lack of information toward their people.
One of the first features of absolutism is the practice of hiding information from the citizens, feeding them just what is enough to maintain the power and ideology.
I don't have anything against other religions but also, I don't want another religion imposed from a holy war.
It irritates me to see what those fanatics do to other people in the name of God. I really wouldn't like to have those guys one day at my door.
I think Bush sensed this and is trying to keep that from happening.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 26, 2005 08:41 PM

As I went out today and contributed my share of money to the gross domestic product of America, I took time to consider my fellow Americans in the military who are serving abroad. They are performing an admirable job carrying out their assigned mission for the American people, as well as completing a very appreciative service to a foreign country trying to embrace a new concept of freedom. Rather than spend time debating the merits of bringing our soldiers home today or tomorrow I wish to reflect on a moving story I read a day or two ago about soldiers just trying to perform their duty. The story revolves around the life of marines in and around Fallujah. I wake up each morning, have my morning drink, take a shower, warm up the car, drive to work, drive home, then relax. After relaxing I turn on the daily news and watch the highlights or hot topics of the Iraq war. The television has sensationalized the war so much that at times I believe people forget these are real people in these 30 second video clips, this is someone’s brother or sister we are watching, not an actor who walks back to his trailer after a filmed battle scene. I hear debate over when the troops should be brought home, the discussion seems so impersonal, I feel that this is the wrong way to discuss this topic, the topic should be nothing but personal. Each time I drive down the freeway to work and I see the flag at half staff I throw up a quick prayer for the soldier that flag symbolizes, I may not know him but I know his kind and if praying for him is the least I can do to show my appreciation and respect then I consider it an honor and privilege to do so. I hope in the weeks to come more and more people discuss this topic, do not be discouraged by close-minded people who call you un-American if you discuss this issue. American soldiers such as these same brave men and woman fought for and died for your right to discuss these exact types of issues. Educate yourself, speak with your elected officials, do all that you can to support these brave men and women. Do more than just watch a 30 second clip on CNN or Fox News. Get involved, find out information, make an informed comment when you discuss the issue of bringing home our soldiers.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | November 25, 2005 05:13 PM

I have no problem with Islam, I appreciate the similarities between Chjristianity and Islam. However, I do not like the crime committed in the name of Islam. I also feel that Muslims should call out their own more loudly when attrocities are committed under the name of Islam.

Posted by: Raymond B | November 25, 2005 05:12 PM

Ray B
What you think about that on the other side the Islamism is expanding inside western countries because of their freedom?
I think Bush is also addressing this problem by keeping a close eye on those guys.
What's your opinion?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 24, 2005 08:53 PM

When things start to go sour it always seems they can get worse. It appears this is the tactic the current administration utilizes when their policies come under intense scrutiny. We hear all the time how things are improving in Iraq, then when individuals start to say we need to begin drawing down our forces, or questioning decisions regarding Iraq, there is a new threat that soon emerges.
Many believe the administration put the threat of Al Zarqawi in the publics’ eye so that we could unite once again against a common threat we would consider a clear and present danger to America. Many have accused the administration of raising the terror levels in America whenever it appeared the Bush administration was experiencing a debacle domestically.

We here from some individuals there will be a draw-down of troops in 2006, then we hear there are numerous conditions which must be met before the draw-down can begin. Why are there conflicting reports on this situation from anyone in congress? If anyone should know the status of the current situation it should be our elected representatives in congress. I believe that the comments by Mr. Cheney, ‘that Iraq will turn into a bunch of Jihadists’, reflect his personal views and not necessarily the actual situation in Iraq. If the Iraqi population would support such a situation then we must ask ourselves, “ why should any one American soldier put his life on the line for any one of these individuals?” However, I think Mr. Cheneys’ comments are sensationalism and do not reflect the current situation.
Why are so many Iraqi government officials calling for us to leave the country if in fact things ware as dire as we are lead to believe. The Iraqi’s believe our presence is part of the irritation that is threatening stability in Iraq. Many Iraqi leaders believe we have completed our mission and it is time to leave them to resolve their current situation. Anyone who thinks their will not be a civil war in Iraq once we leave is kidding themselves, regardless of how long we wait the turmoil is inevitable. However, many great countries, such as America, have evolved from a revolution, and they found greatness within themselves once the conflict was settled. Maybe the civil war is part of a growing pain a free country must experience in order to appreciate true freedom and democracy.
Raymond B
www.voteswagon.com

Posted by: Raymond B | November 24, 2005 08:24 PM

I'll tell you what.
Until all the Italians will go ahead and jerk themselves off by blaming the left and the right with all that goes with them, those MF'ers will always take advantage of them.
They have to learn that there was a change in the last 5-7 years and consequently change their way of thinking, otherwise they will always complain about everything without react unanimously against it and, worse of all, they will comply to everything that will be fed to them.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | November 24, 2005 06:59 PM