Digital Terrestrial TV is a zombie

Digitale%20terrestre.gif

The world gurus of Information Technology: Bill Gates(Microsoft), Steve Jobs(Apple), Larry Page(Google), Iorma Olilla (Nokia), Gordon Moore (Intel) had a week-long meeting in Wyoming to discuss the future.

The meeting was transmitted in TV like a reality show and it was the show with the largest following in the USA. In seven days they discussed strategy, technology, a bit of everything.

But one thing that was never mentioned, not even once, was Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT).

I remember that in May at the Bagnaia meeting, in the presence of Gasparri, Cattaneo, Confalonieri and the underhand Mentana, (Tronchetti wasn’t there, he wouldn’t leave his bedroom) I said out loudthat DTT was a fictitious technology.

Confalonieri, ex-nursery school chum of the dwarf carrier of digital decoders, jumped to his feet and red in the face cried out: Who is this Masaniello who breaks our balls?”

Today has seen the announcement of the failure of DTT. With a contribution of the State (and thus of our money) the number of useless decoders sold is three million (compared to the twenty million Italian families) and the Government has decided to postpone for two years the obligatory introduction of DTT.

Already today, on the Internet it’s possible to see, if the line reaches you (as it does in other countries), if the line is fast (as it is in other countries), if the cost is reasonable (as it is in other countries), hundreds of TV channels.

Who has gained from DTT? Who stands to gain from the adoption of a zombie-like technology? One day we will surely have to make him pay.

In the meantime I’d like to suggest a great guru-meeting transmitted live on TV with Landolfi, Stanca, Gasparri, Confalonieri and Paolo Berlusconi.

I advise those who have already bought the decoder unit to take it to the home of Gasparri, the father of the project and demand your money back.

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

Hi
Probably everyone knows Skype. I'm not really up to date to the last minute with the VOIP system but I'm planning to use Skype because the rate to call Italy (from UK) is 0.012 Pounds per minute on landlines. Every hour and a half I should spend almost 1.5 Euros... I must say that I havenít tried it yet and also that it is 7 days Iím waiting to see the money transferred from my bank account to SkypeÖ
You decide!

Posted by: Diego Canciani | January 7, 2006 01:34 PM

Hi dear Beppe I live in amsterdam since 7 months but i didn't find the mobile phone which you talk about with the voip tecnology.
Could you please send me an answer with the name and the brand of it?
I've tried several time to find a solution by my self but it has been impossible.
Best regards
Gatti David

Posted by: David Gatti | December 6, 2005 05:38 PM

This is a legalized system to steal taxpayers' money.
Somebody ought to see that and punish those thieves.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | December 2, 2005 06:36 PM

I have heard about digital television (at that time called hight definition television) during a conference in 1991. They spoke as the things were already set and we would have the hight definition television in all of our home in less than a couple of years.

Before that time, they had already spent a lot of (our) money in research on this field (or, pheraps, in meeting pretending this and claiming for more money). Since then year has passed, more money have been spent, I suppose. And I suppose the money spent were a lots.

Why all of this?

What was and is the aim?

Who enjoy and earn from this?

Even if the Digital terrestrial telivision were REALLY started today, we would have spent a lot of money to have a techonlogy already old of more than 10 years.

What is going to happened? Will it enter in service in 2012 or so? I can not understood why our money have been spent

Posted by: Andrea Fascilla | December 2, 2005 03:12 PM

Beyond any arguments, please take a look at the website below here

Stop the war in Irak, bastards!

Posted by: maria rossi | December 2, 2005 10:55 AM