Itíll change, youíll see

Luigi Tenco e Gino Paoli.jpg

Gino Paoli sent me this letter about Luigi Tenco.

"The telephone rings again.

Another journalist who wants to ask me about Luigi.
But I believe that a friend should leave him in peace.

They say that things about his death are not clear, but who is it that has so much interest in knowing the truth?

Journalists? Finally they'll write their own piece. They'll have the article on the front page.

The magistrate? He too will have some exposure.

Friends that knew him? The true friends stay silent and don't try to profit by going to the TV or the newspapers.

Even Vespa will have a whole evening with an interesting topic.

Perhaps they want justice to be done.
But what type of justice is it that considers a dubious case of 30 years ago and yet takes little notice of cases still getting dragged through the courts for years.
What type of justice is it that keeps cases going when they are clear but managed by crafty, over-paid lawyers, to keep from prison killer mothers who are like manna from Heaven to the information vultures.

What type of justice is it that doesn't exist for the poor and the unknown but is ready to give all the guarantees to the well-known and the rich?

It would make Luigi want to throw up. Leave him in peace.

Gino Paoli.

Luigi Tenco committed suicide 39 years ago at  San Remo. In one of his song/poems he sang:

“This/is certainly not the life/that you dreamed of one day for us/You’ll see you’ll see/it’ll change you’ll see/perhaps it won’t be tomorrow/but one great day it’ll change/ You’ll see you’ll see/you know you’re not finished/I can’t say how and when/but you’ll see that it will change”.

Tenco dreamed, even at that time, of a different Italy.

Like us.

You’ll see we’ll do it!

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

to Bryan Douglas
---
This is annoying. I come here to read an italian blog trying to learn italian and it forces me over to an english page. Is there a switch?

Posted by: Bryan Douglas | December 15, 2005 09:39 PM
---

Try to set your browser preference to display both english and italian pages, and then click on the Italian flag in the link menu under the picture of Beppe Grillo.
If you don't set the language option, the browser will always display only the english version of this blog to non-italian users.

Simone

Posted by: Simone Barozzi | December 15, 2005 10:42 PM

Posted by: Bryan Douglas | December 15, 2005 09:39 PM

I believe my father in Sicily has 'a few' Luigi Tenco's records.

NEVER EVER TALK OF SOMEONE WHO CANNOT DEFEND HIMSELF

PEACE TO HIS SOUL

Maria Consuelo Spera
63 The Headlands
Putland Road
Bray
Ireland

Posted by: Maria Consuelo Spera | December 15, 2005 04:15 PM

I spend "my two cent" on my new blog.
Grillo, go forward: only person like you give me (us?) the power to continue.

I hate me for this, but the only solution is to come to other country, right now.

Posted by: Ivan De Marino | December 15, 2005 10:33 AM

Hi everyone

I didn't know Luigi but by reading his biography I can soon say that he was a person of deep emotions and great thoughts, which used music to transmit them. He is probably "one of those from the '68"(one of those; unfortunately he couldn't see it), with revolutionary ideas of peace and love.
But I cannot justify his last-action!! He was great but he didn't need to commit suicide to show us!

Ciao!