Radio London

lo staff di Radio Londra.jpg
photo: the Staff of Radio London

Today, transmitted through the whole world, BBC radio had an interview with me in English, on the topic of “Clean Up Parliament”.

Francesca, a young Italian woman working in Ghana, heard it this morning and wrote me an email.
Now to know something about Italy you need to emigrate to Ghana and listen to an interview in English with a comedian transmitted by the BBC. If you stayed in Italy you wouldn’t know a jot!

Dear Beppe Grillo,

My name is Francesca Greco, I am a volunteer with the United Nations in Ghana, West Africa. I don’t have TV here in Ghana and my only source of information for foreign news is my FM radio.

I always listen to the "BBC world service" which is transmitted on FM in Ghana (and I have to say – not in Italy!).
The fantastic thing that happened to me this morning was that I woke up and there was your voice on the radio!
The voice of Beppe Grillo is transmitted in the whole world except for Italy!!!
It’s incredible that any citizen in the world can get information about the “Clean Up Parliament!” campaign except for Italian citizens.

I am Italian. I feel great shame for the embarrassing situation of the Italian media. But this morning, when I heard your voice, I said to myself: “At least there’s still someone who isn’t giving up!”
Don’t give up Beppe!”

Francesca Greco in Ghana, Africa

Listen to the transmission as millions of people have already done.

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

I will be using the BBC interview with my Italian students in their English lesson today. Great stuff!

Posted by: Maureen Lister | December 13, 2005 10:49 AM

Well done Beppe!!
You are incredible!!!
Please, keep going!!!!
Angela is absolutely right, the main difference between England and Italy is that the way they listen to people. Although Blair went in war (Iraq) with an outstanding size of the population (I think over 85%) opposed, one of the main aim of the government is to favourite pressure groups and minority to speak out and express their concerns. In Italy people cannot even complain about the construction of a high-speed train line under the Alps without being accused of anarchism thoughts!!!
What’s a shame!!
I'll come in Turin on the 17th of December!!!
Ciao

Posted by: Diego Canciani | December 10, 2005 05:37 PM

Dear Mr Grillo,

Actually, my two sources of daily information are the BBC (radio fm and web) and, since July of the current year, your blog.

To the BBC: if you could just rise a campaign against mafia in Europe and its infiltration in public services you would be the best

Sincerely yours

Posted by: paola casini | December 10, 2005 02:03 PM

Bom dia from Rio de janeiro Love your work Beppe together whit the article on the economist we don´t have lots to look foward you are a great inspiration.
Well done please keep gooing.
Andrea.

Posted by: Andrea Mantese | December 10, 2005 12:06 PM

Watch out! Ghana is in West Africa, not East Africa!!! Nevertheless: well done!

Posted by: michael venturini | December 10, 2005 09:48 AM

Dear Beppe
it was amazing to listen about you on BBC.
I married an English man and I spent ten years in England. I know what a democratic country is and now I can tell with you in Italy democracy is over.
You are not alone, Beppe. Thousands are behind you, to support what you are saying: BE ARE VOICE!
Good work
angela

Posted by: angela macdonald | December 10, 2005 07:47 AM

Dear Beppe, I think I speak on behalf of many... PLEASE KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!

Posted by: Emmanuel Da Iglesias | December 10, 2005 02:40 AM