The Padellaro Scoop

barchetta di carta.gif

Today l'Unità (left wing daily newspaper) has placed me on its front page.
After doing some research work in which they discovered that il Messaggero (a Newspaper of Rome) had talked about my boat, they reported an extract from Vincenzo Cerami's article, which I have displayed in bold type:

"Then frankly, all these little virgins, that are portrayed because Fassino supports the bank of the co-operatives or because D'Alema is passionate about boats, brings a smile to the face of even the most bigoted of the veteran communists. Shame on you: the left knows all about finance and hostile bids, their directors even talk confidentially with the bankers. It is immoral: banks and hostile bids should be left to the right wing parties, which deals with these matters. Left wing politicians must go around with shoes of terrible brands, enjoy the sea using a rowing-boat, and they should dress as poor people (if they have the misfortune to not have been born poor). In fact the boat of Beppe Grillo is not a scandal for anyone, the one belonging to D'Alema scandalizes.”

The problem, dear Padellaro, is that you have reported an untruth on the front page.
An untruth extrapolated from an article written by someone else. I do not own a boat. I have had one, but I sold it last summer.

Travaglio come away, your reputation is going to suffer if you stay there.
If you want, come and write on my Blog.

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

I believe in positive, constructive criticism. That is just the opposite of uninspired criticism. We have the choice.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | January 8, 2006 12:35 AM

"That’s right!
The only way is to build a net of alternative information, so that everybody can have a chance to knows the different points of view. This blog is a great example!"

Dear Raffaella, I'm with you but

what do you think if we could read more positive blogs? I mean positive examples to copy than things to criticize.

Posted by: claudio genovese | January 7, 2006 05:06 PM

That’s right!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | January 7, 2006 04:20 PM

Although I must admit that I'd find it puzzling if a person of strong communist conviction (or rather, who claims to be of strong communist conviction) chose to completely ignore the whole problematic issue of private property and spent his/her life accumulating wealth (and trust me i've seen this happen a number of times and I could write pages on it!), I still think it is none of anyone's business whether Grillo owns a boat or not.
What worries me in this specific case is the general attitude of the Italian press, the superficiality with which a piece of false information is circulated without anyone bothering to double-check it. Had it not been for Mr Grillo pointing out that the reported information was INCORRECT, noone would have ever known. The problem is that this kind of superficiality and bland approximation characterise a large proportion of Italian media. I wonder how people who (like me) aren't or find it difficult to be well informed on the political and social intricacies of our country's life can ever possibly find their way in this mess of incorrect information that is thrown at us on a daily basis.

Posted by: Sara Donetto | January 7, 2006 03:53 PM

Hi I am not surprised that Padellaro tried to
have a sort of scoop about Beppe ...and Beppe answer was perfect. BTW, Beppe, even if you had a boat you had bought it with the money you earned with your job as an actor comedian . People pay to see your shows ( I would pay to see Beppe instead to see the crap Italian tv broadcasts every day), so you can use your money to buy a boat if you wish to do so. Mr D Alema is instead our employee is a public servant and earns 20000 euros per month, 8000 of which are used for a leasing to pay a new boat..It is duty to justify this expense to the people that voted him !
Carlo

Posted by: Carlo Ungarelli | January 7, 2006 03:11 PM

I agree with you! Italy is a country where people look at the speck in the eyes of others, instead of doing something together to change the wrong things in the system. We must wake up before is too late!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | January 7, 2006 02:27 PM

Hi everyone

Givanni, 'free' is an utopia. Free under the low that our MP do NOT follow...
Anyway, I just want to say what surprised me most in reading the article of Vincenzo Cerami: we (you) live in a country were politicians steal (respecting all those not doing it), journalists make gossip about politicians (which we do not really need) and at the same time the State (the bureaucratic system, judiciary institutions, police and everyone else involved) have to spend time and money (those paid by the people in taxes) to investigate and keep under control those that should lead them.
It is ridiculous and absurd!! It really is!!! Ambelievable!!!
They should spend those money to ‘build’ something useful (and Italy needs many) but instead they shout each other “theft”, “corrupted”, “mafioso”, “communist”, “fascist” and we listen and comment something that shouldn’t even exist!!!
This is a waste of time and energy. The problem is that everyone says what shall we do but none agree with anyone else. Beppe Grillo, at least and I agree with his idea, suggests to begin fixing the wrong things (e.g. clean the parliament’s campaign). Who should change the system? Our own politicians, who, of course, do not want to do it. In Italy we (you) miss legitimacy and hence freedom.

PS why some people go on to call left-wing politicians "Communist"? I thought communism, although it was the first aim in Russia, has never been achieved…
Why, instead of flying, don’t we “place our foot on the floor” and start to build something that make sense?

Happy new year!!

Posted by: Diego Canciani | January 7, 2006 01:09 PM

Well, if you own or owned a boat is your business.
You still live in a free country, right?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | January 7, 2006 01:12 AM