CDL Union

Prodi Berlusconi.jpg

I'm wondering what use it is to protest, to bring statements from technical witnesses, from economists, from fire-fighters, mayors, citizens of the Val di Susa and even Franciscan Friars.

I'm wondering what's the use of getting beaten up in your sleep in tents, of letting the police smash your face in, of having a peaceful demonstration with babies in push chairs in 100,000 through the streets of Turin, of explaining one’s reasons to the Piemontese triads of the tunnel, to the dead track of fassinobressochiamparino.

I’m wondering who in Italy today really represents us, who wants this unblessed and useless TAV in Val di Susa, who’s going to benefit if the people don’t?

I’m wondering why CDL Union (right+left wing) is apparently in disagreement about everything, yet on the TAV they are obstinately and ferociously in agreement. This 50-kilometre hole in nothing ready in 15 years time will cost us 12,000,000,000 Euros paid for out of the forthcoming finance laws, with our taxes. But who’s going to get the cash? I don’t want to pay. I haven’t delegated anyone. Let the CDL Union pay.

I’m wondering why they don’t invest the 12,000,000,000 Euros in the crumbling Italian railway system, in the Salerno-Reggio Calabria, in research, in hospitals, in schools.

I’m wondering whether CDL Union isn’t really just a single party.

I’m wondering whether there is any difference between the words of the employee Lunardi “It’s simply a matter of public order” and those of the potential employee Prodi: “The TAV is going ahead and that’s it!” He’s a potential employee and yet he wants to give orders. Derisory words from people who represent no one and they haven’t yet realised that.

Between the worst and those vying to be the worst today it’s not easy to choose like it once was.

Who is the one vying to be the worst if Prodi explains our future like this:

”Evidently the democratic society needs democracy, and it’s obvious the urgency for a transparent policy within the renewed perspectives of a renewed social context”

Comments

I had insomnia for YEARS....all it took was a cup of warm milk with honey each night to do the trick! WBR LeoP

Posted by: John Medicine | March 15, 2007 01:46 PM

Sleeping with Berlusconi and Prodi

I tried to watch the face to face last night between the two top contenders of the Italian premiership Mr Berlusconi and Mr Prodi. "I did this" and "you didnít do that" and "that other thing was your fault" and "my dad is bigger than your dad".

So far nothing much different from any other political debate except for the fact that a survey conducted shortly after the show has shown that over 30 percent of viewers fell asleep during the first 30 minutes and 40 percent nodded of at least once for a period of not less than 5 minutes. These figures are much higher than any formula 1 race or five day cricket match ever.

10 percent of the 30 percent who stayed awake throughout the whole show complained that their partners snoring effected their concentration and the remaining 20 percent said they missed the last five minutes because they had to open the door and answer our survey.

These sleep inducing shows are good news for the thousands of people who suffer from insomnia and donít like taking drugs, lately late night television programmes had been showing too much sex and violence and hence the excitement made them totally unsuitable as a sleeping aid.

Doctors have warned that although watching these political debates can help people who suffer from sleeplessness the side effects they cause may be more harmful than taking several full strength sleeping pills.

At the first signs of these side effects, urge to bend the truth, constant exaggeration and talking in figures, patients should immediately stop watching TV until after the general election.

As an example of the side effects: A friend of mine was talking to his ex-wifeís new husband and I overheard him say. During my term in power I lowered the interest rate by half a percent every year until it was so low that you stepped in.

The new husband agreed that the interest rate did rise dramatically during his initial period but it was now under control and besides he had managed to lower her public expenditure by 10 percent and still increase the overall satisfaction rate.

And as so often happens in Italian politics my friend said that he had no intention of coming back into power with this coalition but didnít rule out forming another party.

Posted by: Deety Davis | March 16, 2006 05:05 PM

"Vorrei che alla nascita avessimo tutti il codice digitale, e una e-mail. Ecco una campagna di cui si dovrebbe far portavoce la sinistra. Grazie alla rivoluzione tecnologica, e alle telefonate gratis via Internet, possiamo mandare a casa i cosiddetti manager come Tronchetti Provera, uno che ha decine e decine di miliardi di debiti e vive di conflitti di interesse, giŗ da domani mattina".

Dear Beppe,
Amongst all the battles you are fighting I feel this one very close to my heart for several reasons.
I believe it is important for a REAL democracy to let its citizens access the worldwide information network and support its exploitation. (See what it is happening in China these days. Despite the Governmentís maneuvers people are still very hungry for information)
I believe that the Italian economy could only boost by using, promoting and sharing data, technological trends and knowledge via web. We need to introduce the technology in our business processes.
I also truly believe that introducing technologies such as Skype, Netmeeting, Emule and other on-line services will eventually send back home our OLD-FASHION-INCOMPETENT managerial class. It is about time!
Last but not least the web matter leads straight to the big issue of talking and writing English.
The Italian center-left wing should push the young generations to use more and more the English language and encourage them to travel and living abroad.
Not too long then, if they still want to go back to Italy. I know something about this.
Despite my degree, master post-degree and MBA apparently I am not enough qualified for the Italian market. Not even to get a rejection email from recruiters or companies.

Please keep up your voice and push for a change in our country.

M.G.

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | February 17, 2006 11:54 AM

hi
i am french, my name is Philippe, and i am new here
I just discover your blog, by luck ! ! !
i really like this space (blog) !

i do digital art design and i want to promote my own web !
its an EXITING one :) (but less than yours, whish is really good !
i will come back there ofently :)

and please ...
.... come to visit me as fast as possible !

Posted by: bellxone | February 16, 2006 09:33 AM

I am so sad.... that I don't know what to say really.... I mean it

Posted by: Stefano Rossetti | February 15, 2006 01:04 PM

I believe it is straightforward to express what is best for Val di Susa and the people who live there.. you don't even have to be super bright or a rocket scientist to see that TAV could turn out to be another onslaught on our beautiful Country and People.
Only a bit of judgement plus a bit of common sense would be enough to understand...
This is why I am afraid there is something else involved, something we are not allowed to know, something that goes far beyond people's benefit.

Posted by: Emmanuele Da Iglesias | February 15, 2006 12:49 AM