Equal access to the media and Anti-doping

stupid box.jpg

The law “Arrangements for the parity of access to the media during election campaigns and during referendum campaigns and for political communication”, called “par condicio”, article 2, comma 1:
Television broadcasters must ensure that all political subjects with impartiality and equity have access to information and to political communication”.

I propose a tiny change to article 2, comma 1. I would substitute “access” with “no access”. If you then reread the sentence after the change it fills your lungs with the air that is even more pure than that at the top of K2 free of the PM10 (particulate matter) of politicians.

The TV News broadcasts have become a series of double breasted nagging pains that have to appear every night with a set time and in rapid sequence for a whole 15 minutes to tell us their theme of the day.
Colonel Gaddafi asks us for money? Here you have pecoraroscaniofassinofiniprodimastelladilibertocasini pontificating about Libya and Islam.

France objects to Enel buying Suez? Here you have buttiglionegiovanardidipietrodalemaberlusconifinitremonti giving precise details about the EU norms and free competition.
How can they know everything and manage to tell us in 10 seconds?

The law on “par condicio” is an attack on human intelligence. You can’t apply a law like this only at the end of a legislature, after five years in which the one who controls TV broadcasting has done all that he wanted to.
Either you apply it all the time or you don’t apply it.
It’s as though you had the anti-doping law applied only to the last two games in a football championship.

Anyway the “par condicio” is an old concept, out of date already by the 1950s. It belongs to TV, to censorship.
On the Internet, the “par condicio” does not exist and each person gets information in ways they decide. Let’s take advantage of that.

Comments

Antonio Agostinis: what do you want? I spoked to Jaio, are you Jaio? Perhaps!
I'm always the same, and you?

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 9, 2006 01:49 AM

Sister Raffaella, tell me a story, sad or gay, preferably gay. Once upon a time there was a cemetery...(Shakespeare) I suppose that he was a winner too and you only like handicapped persons. This to tell you that if I'm boring you are already burried.I enjoy:-)
I don't like power at all. You understand nothing. Are you handicapped too? I just liked to be free and not to depend of anyone. This is the difference.It seems that you have nothing to say anymore and so you are getting silly and bitter.
OK, lets stop. This is the Joe the Cricket blogg after all.Bye

Posted by: Antonio Agostinis | March 8, 2006 09:01 PM

@jajo
I don't agree at all with your point of view. Do you know why?
You are fascinated from power, you see yourself as a winner, you think that only powerful people have the right to survive.
I believe in the power of feelings, I place a great value on solidarity, I hate winners, they are uninteresting and very boring.
That's all.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 8, 2006 08:23 PM

Delfino, I don't want to repeat what I already said to you. If you understand it wrong is your problem.
Concerning retirement you are certainly not realising what it will be soon cause there is more and more people retired and less and less people who is working (In Italy,more than in any other countries) Who will pay you when you will be old? If I can give you an advice, take a second job or try to find an idea to make more money and spare it with an insurance before it will be too late. All the europeans countries have the same problem. In some countries, authorities start to oblige people to do it, in other countries politicians are afraid to say it. In Italy, with this government or another one,the problem will be the same: When there will be no money how to pay?
They will do like in Kazakstan when they got the indipendency from Russia: No pensions for anyone. In the USA as maybe you know, there is only private insurances since a very long time now. I hope your parents can survive with what they will have because with the laws, they can oblige you to pay a pension to them. It will more soon than what you are thinking. Try to use internet to find an idea and not to talk about nothing. Best whishes for the future.

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 07:00 PM

For Raffaela.
When I started I was 42. If you want I can give many ideas but I'm afraid it will be for nothing cause you will be negative in any case. No, nobody has to wait about brioches from B. or the charity from anybody, anywone has to do his own job.

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 06:25 PM

@blisco jajo.
You said, you started with a self-invented job.
That's good! But, there are not enough self-invented jobs for everyone, we need also factory workers, physicians, engineers, clerks, farmers...
Many of them have children and must keep the family with their salaries
And there are a lot of people over 45, who have lost their job, they can't simply "invent" a new job!
What do you think this people must do? They can't wait for the brioches from Berlusconi, isnt'it?

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 8, 2006 05:23 PM

X Blisco

I do not kill anyone as I do not own any weapon (probably you do own weapon, as you talk about "killing"!)

Do you remember ENRON and WORLDCOM? Many employees of those two companies have lost even their pensions. Surely they have been working hard for all their life.

Do you really believe that multinational companies move to Africa, China or India because they find over there FAIR and HONEST employees? Ahahahahahahah…

Please Blisco, have a look at WAL MART, and how that American multinational company has been exploiting its GOOD, FAIR and HONEST employees.

Ciao

Posted by: Delfino * Dublino | March 8, 2006 04:59 PM

For Delfino, I'm thinking that you have too much liberty to say what you want without to be shamed about. You even are payed by your company to say it. No doubts that if all the workers are like you, it's normal that companies wants to go away. Yes, I consider that you are not honest.If you are honest, say to your boss what you do instead of working.
You are stealing money. You try to explane me that if an american company did something wrong in India you have the right to steal money to your company. In this case, why not to kill anyone is not like you and in the same time kill your father because he didn't kick your ass enough!

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 04:24 PM

Well Maena, don't answer, I understood enough.
For me the answer of B. is not a joke but a very serious and short way to explain his point of view.
He even said how he starts doing small jobs.There is nothing else to say.
I was unemployed my self and I start with a job that I invented. I only regret that I didn't start before. Any one can do it.I was some days ago in Venice with a russian friend of mine and while we were walking, a guy who was passing by did a smile to her. As he was quite handsome she was really touched but some minutes after when she discover that he was just a vendor of brioches in the station, she was really disappointed.
- He his handsome and he doesn't look stupid, he has all the possibilities, documents and passport and he is selling brioches.She said.
This girl doesn't need the advice of Berluscony to understand what she has to do. Since she was 13, she payed her studies by her self teaching maths or english to others. She finished her studies of barrister in Moscow and went to Bern to have a second diploma in international laws. When she finished, she could not enter in Europe dispite she had a contract to work in the European commission. That's why, she consider europeans too lazy to deserve more. Now she is working in Dubai and in Bern for an international company. She is just 26, maybe like you and she planed already to open her own company. If now you are thinking that I don't want to understand you, you are right! Dont loose your time to understand me. Have a nice futur.

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 03:50 PM

X BLISCO

I consider myself honest despite surfing e posting on this blog during the worktime. Would you define this behaviour not fair, not honest?

I consider myself FAIR and HONEST as companies are allowed to sake whoever or even shutting down a company and just moving it to another country where it is more profitable or where the workforce is cheaper, or where there are no laws or rules which protects the enviroment.

Hey BLISCO, while we are here posting if I'm honest or not, there are probably Chemical companies in the world which claims life of thousands of people due to pollution or disasters. In this case the MANAGMENT is not even called to respond of their responsabilities like it happened concerning the BOPHAL's disaster, which claimed life of 22.000 people in INDIA: no one of the MANAGMENT has been persecuted for the disaster!!!

X NOT ITALIANS

The Berlusconi's Italy is experiencing a kind of regime based on the MEDIA, on the sistematic control of the MEDIA.

This is a disaster for the Italian democracy and a shame for the ITALIANS all. The foreigners, Europeans and not, should study the "Italian case" in order to avoid the some mistakes.

Let's say is such a "political laboratory" after having experienced the FASCISM, first in the world.

Posted by: Delfino * Dublino | March 8, 2006 10:45 AM

----------------------------To blisco jaio ----------------------------

I saw your first post and I realized you missed the point, therefore I thought let me make it clear.

Looking at your second post I realize that you are not missing the point, you do not get it.

If you do not get it I cannot explain it to you for two simple reasons:

1. I am tired of explaining what it is self-evident regarding the economical and political situation in Italy to people that do not want to see it.

2. When people do not get simple, self-evident facts either there is something wrong in terms of intellectual capabilities (and I do not mind it) or there is in terms of intellectual honesty and this scares me to death and I do mind it.

The sad premier’s joke reminds me the French Revolution era (1789-1799)

People are starving and do not have bread. Well, then they should eat brioches!

We do not need people like Guzzanti, Grillo, Rossi, Dandini, Fo, Luttazzi it would be enough to disseminate our premier jokes around Italy to make a REAL GROTESQUE SATIRA.

Best,

M.G.

P.S. I will reply to the rest of your comment in another post. Now I need to be productive ;-)

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | March 8, 2006 10:33 AM

To Maena...
You just seem to pretend that Berlusconi has to earn money for you (Because if you ask an economic program to let you have more money it means the same)
He said: Earn more money. And so? This it means try to help your self. Unfortunately, in Italy a lot of people is thinking that they have the right to have an help. They start to ask to the parents, then to commune, then to that guy in the government and so on. Before to have any right you have to assume your duties.

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 09:55 AM

Sorry guys, you are wrong to pretend that to earn is honest and to make money it's not. Everywhere in the world it means the same but not in Italy? For me that I'm abroad and travel a lot, Italy is one of the most expensive countries in the world (More expensive than France and Germany in many cases) and if you are complaining that a worker (the one you call poor italian) wins only 1.793$ a month, you just show that Italy is more rich than USA where you can find currently people that wins less than $ 1000. On the other hand, you seem to say that to become reach it could be only in a dishonest way. I don't pretend that B. didn't do some manipulations with his money. There are people more clever than others in this field.
Laws are like reins for a horse. You have just to know on what side to pull. But you, the honest italians ones, are you really honest one hundred per cent? 90% of the posts in this blog are made by people during their working hours. This it means that the majority is surfing on internet instead of working for their company ! And what their are doing? They are complaining about their company, their government, the dishonesty of the others! Is this to be honest or maybe for you people can be dishonest only if they are not rich?
Don't tell me that you are unemployed and you can surf like you want 'cause in this case I can ask you how you can have a computer and an internet connexion for that.
Or maybe you are like me an indipendent worker? If it is like that, you can't say to me that I'm like B. without compromise your self. Have a good day.

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 8, 2006 09:40 AM

------------------------------------------To blisco jaio ----------------------------------------------

I am afraid you are missing the point.

The point is that a journalist asks to the Italian Prime Minister (close to the elections) Mr. Berlusconi, please have a look at Reuters on-line article, just to be sure I do not manipulate the text

“Asked in a television interview late on Monday what the government could do to help a worker earning only $1,793 a month, Italy’s richest man said: “The answer of Berlusconi the businessman is, try to earn more.”
Is this the best answer that our Prime Minister can give about such a serious and dangerous issue?
Is that the economic program he has in mind?
Shall we carry on making jokes about what it is a disgraceful situation for millions of Italians?

Compliments!

Rgdrs,

M.G.

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | March 7, 2006 11:48 PM

@Massimo Sparvoli:
I agree with you! This is a big difference!
If you earn money honestly, you can't become multimillionaire!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 7, 2006 06:29 PM

"MAKE" is too wide a term my friend..Everybody loves, and should strive, to "EARN" money honestly (in full respect of fair, instutionally regulated, free competition), the problem is Mr. B..ig "DOESN'T", judging from his past convictions in various instances and degrees of judgment. In countries like USA and UK you get 10-15 years of jail plus company director disqualification for offences like false accounting, here in Italy you become Prime Minister..Nothing wrong in EARNING money, possibly a lot with MAKING money..

Posted by: Massimo Sparvoli | March 7, 2006 04:50 PM

For one time, I agree with berlusconi. This blog is looking like a lamentations wall(Especially in the italian pages). It is not bad to make money. If I understood, Grillo him self, asks me 33€ for a ticket. What's wrong to make money? Any one here is complaining that he doesn't earn enough money. This it means that any one would want to earn more. Don't you, Maena ?

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 7, 2006 04:24 PM

Talking about money our Prime Minister has an interesting solution

Berlusconi to poor Italians: Make more money

Updated: 7:39 a.m. ET March 7, 2006

MILAN, Italy - Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s recommendation for Italians trying to escape poverty: do it my way and earn more cash.

check it out @ http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11707835/

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | March 7, 2006 03:57 PM

Well, why not to talk about the bank of Italy in the same time which impeach a european bank to buy an italian one?

Posted by: blisco jaio | March 7, 2006 02:53 PM