Shock troops

teste di cuoio.jpg

The Italian sector for the production of multimedia support material is disintegrating.
The biggest production unit in Europe for optical support media Computer Support Italcard (250 employees), is no longer operating in Italy.
The reason for the closure is the decree 68/2003 concerning author’s rights and private copies.
The decree of just reward, born of Urbani’s diabolic mind, establishes an a priori tax on the illicit use of CDs and DVDs on the assumption that pieces of music that are pirate copies will be recorded there.

It’s a tax at source on the basis of a presumed crime.
The tax on the crime to start off with is higher than the wholesale price and has brought about increases of 60%.

The Italians have had two answers to meet these Urbani law measures:
- companies have bought the blank support media abroad at half the price
- private individuals have bought only what they strictly required.

Urbani is a “yes global” and has helped foreign production allowing Italian production to collapse.
But where did they find him in a nightmare? He is  like Gasparri with the digital terrestrial, like Tremonti with the disaster of the public accounts, like Alemanno and the closure of the sugar factories (77,000 jobs), like Lunardi with the big engineering works.

Blimey, these are less like a Governing team than some maleficent genii. They are a lethal weapon capable of taking any country down to its knees. They are true shock troops.

P.S. The German, Swedish, English, and Swiss TVs are following me step by step during my tour of Italy. The only Italian organisation that wants to observe me is the DIGOS (Divisione Investigazioni Generali e Operazioni Speciali).

Comments

Manuela,
If I understood you correctly you are shocked to pay SIAE for both, the virgin CDs and the music CDs you purchase. Not sure I got it right.
If this is correct you have all my support.
Watching the report “Report Rai3 Inchiesta sulla SIAE” I was pretty much amazed to discover that each virgin supports’ price (video tapes, music tapes, CDs, video camera tapes and so on) include a fee that goes from 5 to 10% according to the kind of support.
Why?
Because they say that anyway we (bad people) will copy some original piece of art, therefore they need to prevent this economic dumping. Prevention!
Question: if I buy an original I pay SIAE, then I am ok with the law. If I buy a support I pay SIAE…. Am I ok with the law if I copy on it something?
Still not clear to me.

M.G.

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | March 7, 2006 10:03 AM

> Roberto Turchetti 05.03.06 13:44

I din’t know if I understand in the right way or not.
If I buy an “artistic product”, for the law I have the right to have another copy.
The support can be protect than.
I’m not so good with burning rom.
Why,then, when i asked to the shpo assistant the other copy with the original one (which is protected) he shouted me in a bad way?
I told him I’d payed the support (the SIAE tax for the original will delay the support price)
So I decided to buy a virgin CD in order to try to have my legal copy but when I asked to discount the SIAE tax, already payed on the original copy, the shop assistant began to scream and shout he wanted to call the police !
Now, I’m asking to you if I can inform against him for cheating me? If not why? I’m sure I can get what is mine!!!!! Or I would tell on the state??? But the state can be told on if he cheats his people? Or can I deduct from the taxes what I’ve already given to them?????

Posted by: manuela bellandi | March 6, 2006 01:52 PM

Well, Joe, the last one about the digos it's an old one.You must try with a new joke. I can't laugh in the same way for the same joke:-)

Posted by: sommarti Jaio | March 6, 2006 08:35 AM

il mio inglese scritto e pessimo per cui....qualche minuto fa ho postato allo staff di grillo un articolo dall'inghilterra intitolato

loan danger

spero sia gradito anche per l'interesse comune.
distinti saluti

Posted by: angelo parisi | March 5, 2006 04:23 PM

We have decided to mail in English.
The contrary would be simpler. Our thought will be translate from Manuela Bellandi.

A salute to all

Posted by: Paolo Rivera | March 5, 2006 03:52 PM

@ Francelfo
hi! I'm here! I'm everywhere! ;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 5, 2006 03:44 PM

first of all tell digos to piss off
like lenny bruce
they can t say S@@Tto you and most of all they are 30 years late on progess, the best thing to do is to make them part of this ignorance during yours show - and they wont realize!!
second - sorry my ignorance but whats the story with sugar factories, who makes priorities in governments casue one or the other they always fail miserably !

Posted by: andrea panno | March 5, 2006 11:40 AM

If you want to get a nice overview about SIAE I suggest you to download the video “Report Rai3 Inchiesta sulla SIAE” (totally 636.052 KB).
I always had the impression that something very unclear was going, but after the reportage I thought we should immediately remove all the management and definitely create new (more democratic) rules.

Cheerio,

M.G.

P.S. La SIAE e' sotto commissariato!

Posted by: Maena Gambaiani | March 5, 2006 11:01 AM

No one here?
Ok babies i'm along as the sodium particle of mineral water...
No one hereeeeeeeeeeeee????