We are all stable boys

cavallo.jpg

The negation of the truth: the truth about “precarious” workers, about the unemployed, the loss of value of our money, of the factories that close, of the international press that derides us.

The denial of the public debt, of the numbers from ISTAT, from the Bank of Italy, of the collapse of exports, of the mafia.
The hilarious, clown-like impudent attack on the sanity of Italians where can this go, and what can it lead to?
In Parliament we find swarms of people who have been definitely convicted, of people who have had first or second degree trials. We even find those who have been in prison. And with them we also find their offspring, lovers, politicians’ wives.
This has been decided by a group of Party secretaries thanks to the new election law, a slap in the face of democracy, and in our faces.
The fracture between the real country and these people is getting deeper and it is being tolerated less.
I feel that there is a strange atmosphere around, like just before a thunderstorm, a nervousness, the search for a way out of an intolerable situation.

There are 16 days to the elections, two weeks in which anything can happen: election bombs, time bomb attacks, unexpected revolts of the people,  and political murders.

All politicians should be talking about programmes, of contents, of the future of our country. Of nothing else. Like responsible people. But I don’t believe they will.

Today I’m publishing the list of those parties that have no one in their list who has been definitely convicted. I indicate these parties as the ones to vote for, so that at least we have the hope of a Clean Parliament. I’ll put this list on the blog in a form that can be easily distributed across the Web.

There are lots of candidates and it’s possible that I’ve made an error, so if this is the case, please let me know.

- Italia dei Valori – List of Di Pietro : www.antoniodipietro.it
- La Rosa nel Pugno : www.rosanelpugno.it
- Partito dei Comunisti Italiani : www.comunisti-italiani.it
- Partito Rifondazione Comunista : www.rifondazione.it
- Verdi : www.verdi.it

Comments

Wireless World: Wirelessly monitoring ECGs

CHICAGO, March 24 (UPI) -- An elderly woman has a heart attack. Paramedics arrive on the scene at her home a few minutes later and begin to revive her, and hook up an electrocardiogram transmitter to her chest, and send the signals, wirelessly, to a cardiologist at the hospital, who reads the vital signs on a handheld device. That technology advance is now saving lives, experts tell United Press International's Wireless World. And it's just one of the ways hospitals are today innovatively using wireless devices.

A new study, conducted by cardiologists at Duke University Medical Center and the NorthEast Medical Center, located in North Carolina, found that doctors can find and remove clots from heart-attack patients in half the time that they previously took, because of wireless transmission of ECGs en route to the hospital. Reducing the amount of time before surgery begins is vital, for the faster the doctors open an artery, the higher the odds are that the patient's heart muscle can be saved. By Gene Koprowski

Posted by: Ted Smith | March 25, 2006 11:14 PM

The hunt of baby seals begins today.
I urge you to raise your voice against this cruel, senseless killing of innocent creatures.
It is disgusting, we must put a stop to this abomination.
STOP THE KILLING: NOW!

Posted by: Rosie Trenta | March 25, 2006 09:53 PM

So, Blisco the other 4 tickets....
I propose: 1 vote for the greens, 1 for the Comunisti Italiani, 1 for La rosa nel pugno (the "clean" parties are ended), 1 ticket too much!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 25, 2006 07:09 PM

Well, Prince, your grand ma was looking like mine. She used to say the same about arabs and jewishes and she used to add: Live them to kill each others:-) From the american point of view, it's not very easy to consider communists like friends and we now what they did in the fifties with Mc Carthy. Personally, I fought hardly for years against my best friend because he was red and mustached like a Peppone but it was frequently in front of a bottle of wine and I wasn't feeling myself a Don Camillo at all.
I think that frequently in Italy, people are red or blue just like fanatics can be supporters for a football team.
When they did their choice, is frequently for ever and Raffa is an exception but remembers me that In the 60ies and even after, it was very trendy, in the artists milieu, to express sympathies for commies like now is trendy to dislike everything it's not green enough.
As I am my self contradictory and still italian enough, I like sometimes to stop when is green and to cross when is red and not to think to much while the lights are orange.
So, I propose to wash my hands to have my "mani pulite" and give you my vote for both:-)
Frequently, when I watch two teams to fight or two players to play, I trend to be a supporter for the feeblest ones, but in Italy I don't see anybody weak enough to be helped. All are looking so sures about their selves that arrogance is not very far.
For me, like your grand ma, I'm thinking that they are all the same. I'm neither a psychologist and nor a politologist but I think that new ideas with new people has more chance to be accepted as a new alterative for people and can be good to frighten the old settled leaders frequently busy to fight against each others. But who is talking about something new actually?
Who is young enough in this arena of small cocks?
All of them are spending the time to talk about what the others didn't do instead of talking about what they are going to do. So I'm waiting to know what I have to do with my others 4 tickets:-)

Posted by: blisco jajo | March 25, 2006 06:30 PM

Prince:
This historical communism doesn't exist anymore!
I don't agree with it, and Rifondazione neither!
Anyway, even if I don't vote him, I appreciate Di Pietro and his fight against corruption. I think it's a good choice of vote.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 25, 2006 03:25 PM

Historically speaking, I could never vote for the commies.
Sorry but in my family we are still sore about it.
In my opinion I prefer Tony DiPietro because he is more "Hands-on".
But, like my Grandma was saying: they are all the same, with one handthey give you and with two hands they take away from you".

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 25, 2006 02:53 PM

blisco:
I will vote for Rifondazione.
Reasons#1 Consistently: their program is full in accordance with my political convictions, because they believe in a better distribution of wealth, in accordance with the principles of social justice, solidarity, and equity. I think we can better live togheter in a world without great social conflicts where everybody's success in life depends only on the own skills, and not on the social privileges of his family.
They believe also in peace, and tehy are struggling against the clerical power and its bad influence in our social life.
#2 honesty: There are no convicted candidates in the list, nobody of them is never be involved in dirty business.
#3: Bertinotti is a great politician, and a very intelligent person.
It's enough?
;-) ;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 25, 2006 02:40 PM

noi qui comunque stiamo sempre aspettando
LA SETTIMANA possibile che non ce la fate?

Posted by: angelo | March 24, 2006 09:52 PM

Is there any one who wants to have my vote here?
As an italian abroad and a chief of family in Brussels, I received 6 tickets to vote by mail! One for each member of the family included my ex who never thought that Italy was more than a pizza.
What is funny, is that I'm divorced since 10 years now and no one of my sons of a... wants to be italian at all...No, it's not the reason why my ex ask to divorce:-)
As you can say, in Rome, anybody knows that I change my adress but nobody knows why I did it.
I divorced under the left and get married under the right but I don't think this is something important because in Italy it's always the same with burocracrates: All of them are in the center (of the bar outside their office). Maybe I can go there to show my face in order to be noticed by somebody.
If you are passing by there and you want to keep me with you on one side or another, try to tell me why I have to follow you.
Be sympathetic otherwise I give my vote to somebody else, ok?:-)
As there is no party for politicaly disgusted people like me, I don't know where to put my vote. Do I have to stay without voting like I did until now ?
No, this time I have to show I am a good citizen, a very good one. I think it's better to give my vote to any one:-)
What, There are 11 parties and I only have 6 possibilities?
I promis you to find out a way to fill up a foot ball team for the next votations but this time, for the first time of my life, I'm going to vote.
Let me vote for all the years that I didn't.

Blisco

Posted by: blisco jajo | March 24, 2006 06:21 PM

Delfino: give me the five!:-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 24, 2006 05:54 PM

Hi Beppe!
Regards from International Pen Friends!

Posted by: International Penfriends | March 24, 2006 04:27 PM

Hi Beppe!
Regards from International Pen Friends

Posted by: International Pen Friends | March 24, 2006 04:26 PM

Hi Beppe!
Regards from the International Pen Friends!

Posted by: International Pen Friends | March 24, 2006 04:25 PM

Ciao all,

Thanks Beppe for your hard work to inform us regarding those parties who do not have any convicted in their electoral list.

I'll vote RIFONDAZIONE COMUNISTA.

Why? I come from Puglia and the our President, Niki Vendola, from RIFONDAZIONE COMUNISTA, is the person who should lead the center-left wing coalition in Italy.

I recognise that NIKI VENDOLA is working hard against MAFIA, to protect poor people, to defend the enviroment from pollution.

In addition, I would like to say that Marcello Dell'Utri is the person who found FORZA ITALIA, the political party berlusconi belongs to.

Marcello Dell'Utri has been sentenced to 9 years for "concorso esterno in associazione MAFIOSA". Basically Dell'Utri was a link with mafia in Sicily.

Mo-Bi-Li-Ta-Zio-Ne x Prodi

here the entire Berlusconi's "show" in Strasburgo 3 years ago..ENJOY IT!

Posted by: Delfino * Dublino | March 24, 2006 02:20 PM

@Piper at the Gates of Dawn
You say:criminality is always an opinion.
I agree with you.
In a philosophical point of view there are two different aspects: for example if you steal a wallet with 300 euros inside, by the law is the same if the victim is a poor old woman, or a rich person.
The bag-snatcher will be sentenced in the same way, but the effect of his action is very different.
Likewise, a crooked politician and a crooked citizen will be punished in the same way, but the politician, because of his power, can cause a greater damage to the community.
As citizens, we must protect ourselves, and don't vote convicted candidates.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 24, 2006 01:02 AM

The right translation is "Stablehands"

However, I would not blame anybody that would get mad and throw rotten eggs and tomatoes to certain political characters that shouldn't be there.

Is so hard to find future candidates that have never been indicted or in jail? I really don't think so.
I don't absolutely think that in order to stay clean one must practice hypnosis or transcendental meditation on inner peace.

If we all agree to this opinion then the Italian government has been plagued for years by criminals that are sistematically perpetrating crimes against Italian citizens and for this need to be first taken off their job and then punished.

But you know, criminality is always an opinion: those criminals are always looking for a way of rip off everybody alse by criminalizing trivial things like Marjuana or the speed limit.

You know, for those people, the criminals are us.

Doesn't this look sick and twisted when explained in this way?
It certain does but it's everyday's life in this distorted reality.

Maybe we all need a pair of glasses to see past this smoky curtain of lies and deception that is growing fast and is expanding everywhere.....

Posted by: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn | March 23, 2006 11:20 PM

Thank you Beppe!
I will be in Ancona to watch your show.
i will vote one of those parties

Posted by: Alessandro Gherardi | March 23, 2006 10:51 PM

oh my god, fortunately my choice is in this list!

Posted by: Houses for sale Poland | March 23, 2006 10:05 PM