Lippi go away!

lippi.jpg

I can add the face. All of you can. All the Italians can. For the Football World Cup, the National team is the Italian National team. It’s not the National team of Gea {company of the Moggi family}. Lippi must resign. On the TV I don’t want to hear the whistles in German stadiums and the derision of the newspapers of the entire world.
They are stealing our reputation from us. How much is our reputation worth? I want to feel proud of being Italian. I don’t want to be dishonoured by 4 rascals without honour who are infesting Italy. We need to bring an action against them.

No one in the football world has yet said to Lippi to go off to Viareggio and have a long bicycle ride along the sea front rather than go to Germany. Do we have to wait until the prosecutors take action again? Presidents of the teams morattigallianisensi where are you? And even you false football champions, where are you? Raise your voices for once. An action of pride please, once in your life of super-paid athletes.
Lippi at the world cup would be a disaster for our image.

The words of the investigators:
”The level of control over the football system by Luciano Moggi is to be seen not just on the most important institutions of the FIGC, but in its maximum sports expression: the Italian National team. The action of Moggi in relation to the National team, is seen also because of the fact that Lippi is in a way subordinate to the white and black DG {reference to Moggi, former President of Juventus}. In fact, Moggi took advantage of the “special relationship” due to Marcello Lippi having been the trainer of the black and whites as well as the connection that links his son, Davide, to Gea in which he is completely integrated, he manages to have decisive influence on selections.”

A predisposition in relation to football players: “indicated by Moggi and sponsored by GEA, so as to increase their visibility and thus their market value. Furthermore, this predisposition is also seen in not selecting those players that are candidates for the black and whites. (Alessandro Del Piero), once more indicated by Moggi, so as not to affect their physical condition and thus not to cause any possible hindrance to their being included in the club team.”

Today Lippi will be talking to the Procura di Roma {Rome prosecutors} after having made a statement. Let him make his statement. His grandchildren are waiting.

Comments

hi i like italian football more 12 years .i am mora hape ltalia givt word cup .a am sorre iknow engilish well .i am iranan. i have cantac from foot baller. i hope to go italia and see them near.bay

Posted by: rozita | September 1, 2006 11:14 AM

on my website: click on a link below

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 21, 2006 02:33 AM

Off Topic.
Raffaella, can I ask your email?
Ste

Posted by: Stefano Capuzzimato | May 20, 2006 11:41 PM

Stefano: I agree with you about italian defects, but the 23 comments on this post are not all about football, it was only a opportunity to speak about italian way of life. On this english blog there was once 90 comments and more, about politics, economy and social life. As I said, I agree with you on the whole, but in specific case of this blog, I think we are a little advanced than the typical average italian. Personally I don't like fottbal at all, and I look at it as a social phenomenon.
:-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 20, 2006 11:12 PM

The defects of italians are many. It's not all about honesty, it's a whole lot of different issues put together. Selfishness, unreliability, blindness.

Many italians are very naive, including me, many others behave as if scams are natural and legitimate, something normal you should expect. This in my humble opinion contributes a big deal in the general climate of dishonesty, not just the 'furbi' on their own.

Many people in Italy don't really care about what the real problems are (as long as they aren't involved personally), and you don't have to go very far to see that. Just in this blog, 23 posts (so far...) are about something secondary although economically important like football, and just a few comments about matters that, evidently, are way more determinant in our lives like politics, economy, human rights, mafia, and more.

I feel very ashamed and disgusted by this giving more importance to a whatever game, rather than our own life. This is in part because, as Grillo says, "Life has become a show where we are the audience, and we're even expected to pay the ticket", which means we are not really expected to take control of our own lives, so we talk about things that we believe to be in control of, like football;

in part because we prefer to point our fingers to others and give to 'the evil ones' the responsibility for the big disaster that this country is, forgetting that this is everyone's responsibility, and finally, because this place has never been, really, a democracy.

Posted by: Stefano Capuzzimato | May 20, 2006 10:19 PM

Kissy, there are a lot of honest people in Italy, and a lot of crooked ones, like everywhere in the world. The italian bad peculiarity is the high tolerance level in the population towards dishonesty and unfairness. The famous "fare i furbi" mentality. In the collective imagination Italy is a nation of sly people where everybody is trying to rip off everybody else, even if that is not always true.
That is the reason because the results of your poll were worse than your direct experience.
Ciao!
:-)
Blisco:
You see? everywhere male chauvinism! The poor princess has only two chances: sleeping with a frog or ending as frog in skillet. Bad luck!
;-);-);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 20, 2006 07:37 PM

I don't know if foreign people can see better trough international televisions what's happening here. I tried to undestand it looking euronews, cnn, bbc... but services about scandal of Italy are too shorts. So shorts that is very difficult to undestand why in thousands of italian weblog the word "mafia" is becoming normal to describe the top management of Italian football.
I'm starting to think that it's very important to export more informations in other languages. This space in english is important: search engines can read words... and connect more people that want to know more about this scandal (for example). I will do the same with my blog now... and I will press the staff of Nunvereggaecchiù (satiric space) to reopen the site in other languages.
Ciaoo Prometh

Posted by: Massimo Greco | May 20, 2006 03:41 PM

With this jokes, no doubts: If the frog will be a prince, the princess will be a frog:-)
...And he'll eat you:-}}

Posted by: blisco jajo | May 20, 2006 03:09 PM

This calcio catastrophe has hit me hard... and not because I am Juventina or a Laziale. I could care less who wins, loses or draws in Italian soccer, but I do care about the integrity of the Italian people ( and I do enjoy the game).

People in America think that the Vatican has all the power and that Catholicism is the National Religion of Italy. But anyone who has spent anytime in this paese realizes that 'Il Papa' reigns second only to the sport called calcio/football/soccer.

According to my fidanzato, "Per gli Italiani le cause pui importante sono calcio, macchine e donne." (For the Italians the most important things are soccer, cars and women). I would like to think that this is not entirely accurate (especially for my boyfriend), but the truth is that calcio is often the engine that drives this society... it is a past time, a culture and an economic entity with which Italy cannot do without. Soccer is it.

And this quagmire has ramifications across the board.... from the borsa to the little boys who admire and aspire to be just like their favorite giocatore.

I was sitting with a client on Monday discussing this very issue. "Why don't people BOYCOTT calcio?" I asked incredulously. "That would get the attention of the FIGC . The fans should punish Italian soccer!" My client, a sensible and open minded man in his 30's quickly pulled me off my soap box by saying, "Because Italians expect this... and because Italians, in general, are dishonest people."

Silence. Hmmm. I had to think about this one.

I had nothing to come back with- and I am not a girl of few words. I was confused, perplexed and I didn't want to believe him. I decided to conduct my own personal exit poll on honesty in Italia.

I have the opportunity to speak with many Italians each week, and so I asked 20 people, "Do you think that Italians, in general, are honest?" One astute university student said, "In general there are honest and dishonest people everywhere." I liked the kid's answer as it was identical to my own. BUT... the other 19... NINETEEN... all said, resoundingly, that Italians were- in general- dishonest.

Though I am critical, I am fairly optimistic- and this small cultural sample did not please me. In fact, this poll sent me straight to the Supermercato where I purchased a bottle of Nero D'Avola to drown my disillusioned sorrows. As I walked away from the check out, the cashier and the next customer called to me in unison, "Signora! Signora!"

I my haste, I had forgotten my wallet on the counter. For me, it was sign that my poll was inaccurate and that there are many honest Italian people... THEY JUST DON'T WORK FOR ITALIAN CALCIO!

Posted by: Kissy (Kristin birth name) Dugan | May 20, 2006 02:42 PM

heheeheheheheh! Blisco: my fault is always the same: self-importance! I was looking for a prince, and he invariably turned into a frog. Next time I will be looking for a frog, perhaps it will turn into a prince...! ;-);-);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 20, 2006 11:34 AM

Funny how the truth can be different for everyone of us. For me, to hear "Someday my prince will come" is positive and I can firmely put my hopes on it and it will comes. Raffa,I think you are too much desappointed about something. Leave the time to arrange that. In the mean time I invite our commun Prince to reappear, maybe he has a suggestion:-)

Posted by: blisco jajo | May 20, 2006 08:42 AM

Blisco, do you know the album from Miles Davis "Someday my prince will come" ? So , my prince will never come back. Sad but true.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 20, 2006 01:20 AM

Federico, l'ho visto troppo tardi - I just wrote exactly what you were saying. My apologies for not reading your post before posting again, myself.

Posted by: Margaret-Rose STRINGER | May 20, 2006 01:07 AM

Beppe, I meant to remind you, when I first wrote on this topic ... You say that the football greats should raise their voices for once, yes ? Well, I remember very clearly when Baggio raised his voice against Lippi. I admit it was not on a criminal matter, nor even a political one - but it was very akin to corruption. The result of Baggio's raising his voice was nothing but virulent criticism. The bottom line here is that no one individual has the slightest effect when it comes to speaking out, in Italy; not unless he or she carries enough clout to be suspect on his or her own account ! It takes a big, loud group to fight those who run your country, just as it does in Australia - and in both countries big business calls the tune.

Posted by: Margaret-Rose STRINGER | May 20, 2006 01:02 AM

Raffa, wait a little, the charming prince will arrive soon to keep you away from here.

Posted by: blisco jaio | May 19, 2006 10:33 PM

PS) I wanna be Snow White, of course! ;-);-) ;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 19, 2006 05:00 PM

Blisco, have you seen how messy is the italian blog? ehheehehheheh! By comparison here looks like the little house of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves ;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 19, 2006 04:58 PM

As I always said, things are happenig in Italy first. Now we can buy a plastic wheel and a mouse to put them in a cage and to look at them.
It will be like to see a foot-ball player to turn around and around. Then we will say that certainly the mouse, like the players, are running very well even if it is for nothing.
The new games will be now how to cheat without to be punished. The rest will be for naive people.
It's a good thing that this scandal happens. I don't hope a lot because interests are too high to change anything. Now everybody is talking about but in two weeks it will be finished. Somebody said that we have to change everything in order to be like before. This is Italy.
I was frankly waiting Grillo on this subject and he arrived. Certainly not with the best subject but to feed a scandal, this one is good to.
It's looking like a little french revolution where the more influent or the more loquacious one can push the people to hang anybody. Fortunately, here is just a blog where people comes to fill his form and our dear Cricket understands very well that people likes polemics otherwise he will try to make them laughing instead of provoke their lamentations day after day. Whoops, better if I stop. The first to hang it could be me:-)

Posted by: blisco jajo | May 19, 2006 03:52 PM

I'm against the habits Raffa, but I start to appreciate your red and black more than before. I just need a little more time for the spaghetti with oignons but I whish that one day it will be OK. I just left you a message on the other side. Go quick to read it before I change my mind:-)

Posted by: blisco jajo | May 19, 2006 03:17 PM

Why not, Blisco? I was just getting into the habit! ;-);-);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 19, 2006 02:17 PM

For the one who wants to see Lippi dismissed he has to go to vote his own NO here: http://www.corriere.it
I can't vote for you everytime:-)

Posted by: blisco jajo | May 19, 2006 02:03 PM

Margaret, I never liked soccer, for this reason I said that my opinion about it is not objective enough! I dont' know the names of trainers, teams and players, but I see that all the world is being mad about it. I look at soccer as social phenomena, and I think it's too overstated, too much money, too much importance. Obviously, I respect the millions of supporters all over the world, and just because of this I think that justice must be done.
:-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 19, 2006 12:03 PM

Giá alle 3:20 avevo avuto questa folgorazione sulla via verso il letto a due piazze:

UNDER 21 AL MONDIALE!

Comunque volevo ricordare a tutti quelli che dicono " i panni sporchi si lavano in casa" che l´odore nauseabondosi del marcio si sente anche all´estero.

Qui in Germania, giá aspetto la nazionale assieme al mio fruttivendolo di fiducia Jürgen e alcune sue primizie particolarmente aereodinamiche nel volo. PAFFFF!!!

IL TEATRINO DI MISERIA UMANA NON CONOSCE PAUSE !!!!!

Allora forse il caso di far cadere l´Olimpo de Calcio:

NON DATEGLI PIÚ NEANCHE UN EURO !

NON GUARDATE I MONDIALI!!!

Posted by: Flavio Scolozzi | May 19, 2006 09:31 AM

Certo che sono d'accordo a cacciare a pedate il CT azzurro. E' verissimo che ci stanno rubando la reputazione. Vivendo in Francia da qualche mese me ne accorgo aimè sulla mia pelle. Mi dispiace purtroppo vedere che anche di fronte a cose del genere che dovrebbero suscitare solo indignazione ci stanno persone che prendono le difese dei "malvagi" e dei "potenti" ed attaccano invece la gente comune. Ma é la storia del nostro paese questa no ... pero la storia siamo noi a farla e la storia si puo cambiare! Pensate alla Rivoluzione Francese... non é stata poi tanto tempo fa! Non dico che bisogna tagliargli la testa a tutti (purtroppo non sono solo 4 i cialtroni!!!) ma BISOGNA ESSERE UNITI E FARE VOCE COMUNE!!! quanto vale la nostra reputazione? Per certa gente non vale niente la nostra e vale qualche milione di euro la loro!!!
PENSIAMO A QUELLI CHE HANNO DATO LA VITA AL NOSTRO PAESE, pensiamo ai nostri nonni ed ai bisnonni; abbiamo tanto da imparare ma ce la possiamo fare. In bocca al lupo a tutti!
Viva l'Italia

Posted by: Federico Bucci | May 19, 2006 08:29 AM

Ehi, Raffaella ... per quanto il grande calcio non è colpa sua. It's still the beautiful game. Just because very bad men have taken advantage of the fact that so many millions love it to fill their own purses doesn't mean that you must hate football. That's like saying you hate rain because it causes mudslides when greedy men cut down all the trees to make more cleared land where they can grow cash crops. Perspective, my dear ! :-) (It distresses me to see anyone saying that they hate football, for it really is one of the world's great spectacles.)

Posted by: Margaret-Rose STRINGER | May 19, 2006 01:09 AM

I repeat what I wrote on the italian site:
I HATE soccer!!!!!!Because of this my opinion is not objective enough.
Anyway I hope that soccer will be back to be what it really is: only a game, not a multimillionaire businnes.
The italian media talk about soccer like a big fuss, while we have so many serious problems in our conutry. I hope that, thanks this scandal, the public opinion will understand that the world will also go on without them.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 18, 2006 10:57 PM

Personally, I am DELIGHTED that Lippi has been pulled in to this hideous mess: I have always loathed and detested him. Any coach who could treat Baggio as Lippi did deserves to be loathed and detested. And I can never forget the images, seen so frequently on TG1 news broadcasts, of Lippi lounging about on board some enormous cruiser, tanned and impeccably dressed and in the company of very bad people, obviously at home ... This is a man who is entirely at ease in very unpleasant company; I hope he goes down.

Posted by: Margaret-Rose STRINGER | May 18, 2006 10:53 PM