There’s a telegram for you…

tronchetto_eng.gif
Comic strip by: Ciccio De Luca

Raise the alarm. Stop.
A private company has been spying on Italians for years. Stop.
It can keep anyone it wants in check. Stop.
It’s a scandal that is worth ten Tangentopolis. Stop.
No minister (in check? Or check mate?) is talking about it. Stop.
The system is called Radar. Stop.
3,332,000,000 items of information reserved. Stop.
Five supercomputers connected to a central one of 10,000,000,000,000 bytes. Stop.
Information about citizens relating to timetables, numbers, position, personal data. Stop.
The Milan prosecutors are starting an inquiry into suspected association to commit a crime aimed at revealing reserved information. Stop.
Giuliano Tavaroli “group senior vice president” director of security in Telecom Italia resigns. Stop.
The unhappy Tronchetti didn’t not know nothing. Stop.
Tronchetti has initiated an internal enquiry. Stop.
The enquiry is conducted by Armando Focaroli. Stop.
The committee for internal control made up of Guido Ferrarini, Domenico De Sole, Marco Onado, Francesco Denozza is kept informed of developments. Stop.
An internal hole in the information system has been discovered. Stop.
Telecom will present a denunciation to the Milan prosecutors about illegal intercepts. Stop.
It’s like Totò Riina discovering mafia personnel inside his organisation and setting up an enquiry. Stop.
I’m fed up of being had. Stop.
It’s Tronchetti that should be investigated. Stop.
Why does no one do that? Stop.
Why is it only L’Espresso group that is talking about it and none of the other newspapers or TV channels? Stop.
Is the response in Radar? Stop.
Share value of Telecom 2.153 Euro. Stop.
Loss since beginning of year –13%. Stop.

Comments

Tijuana Noir has come into common use to mean a border city, rainy, full of sin, corrupt, violent and crime infected hell.

[edit] Sources
tijuananoir.com, amazon.com, barnes and noble, starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_/2006/04/how_to_make_a_s.html - 49k - , www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,,1842837,00.html - 44k -

Posted by: Flores Campbell | December 8, 2006 12:18 AM

Raf, try to use it like an alarm clock:-)

Posted by: Blisco Jaio | June 21, 2006 09:18 PM

you are both very lucky, my phone rings often at 3AM while I'm sleeping!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | June 21, 2006 12:43 PM

Prince, you are lucky, my phone is always ringing while I am in the toilet:-)

Posted by: blisco jaio | June 21, 2006 12:25 AM

heheheheheheheh!;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | June 20, 2006 10:37 PM

I schooled them over a few Italian keywords about leaving me alone while I eat.
I found a way to connect their mother's business with their attitude of bothering people while at home.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | June 20, 2006 10:18 PM

How dare they? They allow themselves to disturb you while you are eating Amatriciana!
;-);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | June 20, 2006 07:21 PM

I knew from the beginning that here in US we are subject from government eavesdropping but personally I don't give a damn because I have nothing to hide.
If somebody would have to hit me with what I said over the phone maybe it would be only those poor telemarketers that were calling me at home while I was having dinner.....

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | June 20, 2006 06:41 PM

The question is: What to allow and what to forbid.
It was certainly better not to know about the soccer scandal too but was it really good to ignore it?
Americans and english are champions in this matter and build a special service with satellites in order to control all the phone calls around the world. The italian case, is just nothing compare to them but is nice to show what it can be.
By the way, as you can see this scandals happens in Italy first, maybe we can find a solution before the others?

Posted by: blisco jaio | June 20, 2006 04:57 PM

I know, but for somebody else it may be an excuse to justify the billions of dollars spent for that thingamajigger.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | June 19, 2006 11:22 PM

oh my God, Prince, if you call your wife to tell her to throw the pasta in the boiling water is not a affair of state! ;-);-);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | June 19, 2006 12:33 AM

Somebody must explain this to me:
Why do we have to be checked in every movement and word we say to be protected against the enemies of democracy while the enemies of democracy are below this radar?
If somebody really wants to undermine our society is already knowing how the system works and act around it because of the various technological means at his disposal.
Then, why my government wants to know when I call my wife on my way home to tell her to throw the pasta in the boiling water?
What's so dangerous about it?
Maybe Barilla will get mad at me because I eat DeCecco?
Ah! I Get it!
By the time I get home, they will raise a few cents the price of gas at the pump next to my house because through my calls they now know that my gas tank is almost empty.
And all thanks to billions of dollars spent for this supercomputer.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | June 18, 2006 11:59 PM

Have you hear about the “ Tijuana Noir” marketing story?

Flores Campbell became widely known when excerpts of his ‘Tijuana Noir” appeared on the Google blogspot ‘Tijuana Noir” in late 2005 and caught the public’s fancy. By January 2006 a few chapters on the Ares search engine brought Flores Campbell a global audience.
Technorati.com top 100 Blogs in the blogsphere, sorted by unique links or most favorites named “Tijuana Noir” one of the biggest blogs in the last six months.

So that’s the question, find out why?

Posted by: Flores Campbell | June 18, 2006 10:39 PM

Appropriate text: This is the from the articles on ICH site.
Custodians of chaos By Kurt Vonnegut & Exceptional Americans Manifest Their Destiny
And to Hell with the Consequences... By Jason Miller

… Governed by avaricious profiteers produced and enabled by a ruthless system that brings out the worst in humanity……(J Miller)

PPs are presentable, they know full well the suffering their actions may cause others, but they do not care. They cannot care because they are nuts. They have a screw loose!

And what syndrome better describes so many executives at Enron and WorldCom and on and on, who have enriched themselves while ruining their employees and investors and country and who still feel as pure as the driven snow, no matter what anybody may say to or about them? And they are waging a war that is making billionaires out of millionaires, and trillionaires out of billionaires, and they own television, and they bankroll George Bush, and not because he's against gay marriage.

So many of these heartless PPs now hold big jobs in our federal government, as though they were leaders instead of sick. They have taken charge. They have taken charge of communications and the schools, so we might as well be Poland under occupation
Tronchetti is PP

Posted by: Marcia Visanji | June 18, 2006 01:50 PM

Beppe I can't swear to it but I think I did see a short article about this in the Unità a couple of weeks ago.....god bless whoever write it. Nothing has been said about it since. Only youuuuuuuuu!

Posted by: Maureen Lister | June 18, 2006 01:33 PM