Make Materazzi a saint now!

San_Materazzi.jpg

Materazzi’s attributes are Italian. The French want to get hold of them, and having already got the Mona Lisa, they want to exhibit them at the Louvre.

Zidane’s insinuating press conference was yesterday. He’s an acclaimed national hero as he has defended the honour of his women. The press conference was really a pathetic show to deprive Italy of a weighty pair of balls. The false declarations attributed to the mother of Zizou (give me his balls on a plate) are reported by the English daily newspaper The Mirror are really veils of the French secret services. Chirac wants a France that is strong and virile. The defeat at the world cup must be vindicated.

Blatter, who cried with Zidane in the French changing rooms and for that didn’t manage to take part in the prize giving, has decided to start honour football when France plays. A lip reading film will allow us to hear the insults towards French mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, and aunts.

For every “son of a bitch” or “that cow that is your wife” there will be a set corporal punishment on the field and this can even go as far as chemical castration. A show within the show. For every insult against French women there will be three penalties to France. Chirac also would like to bring back the Guillotine.

Before playing in the final, Zidane was awarded the “best player of the tournament”. His name will go forward to Time magazine as “the true man of the year”. He’ll also be permanent ambassador to UNICEF as an example to children all over the world.

Many illustrious Italians are running for cover to limit the bad international image. Political and cultural leaders have deplored Materazzi’s provocation even though they don’t have the foggiest idea what he really said and they have excused the accusation of cuckold to Zidane.

Cossiga has presented his apologies to the President of Algeria perhaps getting a bit confused with France. They say that he offered what he holds to be most precious to Chirac in compensation. A patriotic gesture. They also say however that Chirac refused. Allez les bleus!

Comments

Message to Ben: you can always contact me here: jeanfacchin@hotmail.com

Posted by: Giovanni Facchin | September 3, 2006 07:19 AM

SALUTI/ HELLO
I am i ZIDANE fan and anitalianplay
MATERAZZI is not a good football playeur
ZIDANE is the king
The btter player of the worldcup.

ciao

Posted by: Wajih | August 7, 2006 12:54 AM

SALUTI/ HELLO
I am i ZIDANE fan and anitalianplay
MATERAZZI is not a good football playeur
ZIDANE is the king
The btter player of the worldcup.

ciao

Posted by: Wajih | August 7, 2006 12:53 AM

Message to Giovanni Facchin

I would be charmed of drinking with you even if I live far :)
On the other hand one could keep the contact if you want ;)

Posted by: Ben | August 3, 2006 10:21 PM

Stunning and disgusting decision by FIFA.Is it me or am I the only looking at the French with less than impressive eyes? In what galaxy do these people live? The Presidnet of the FFF called this an intelligent decision? Where in the world is it smart and fair? Italy GOT SCREWED!Once again it shows that a) FIFA are run by monkey's 'Hey,hey we're the Monkey's! b) it is clearly biased against Italians and c) spoils go to the ones who whine the most. Ahem, France. My lord, they really can't take losing to Italy, eh? What does FIFA plan to accomplish with this verdict? What precedence does it establish? What are refs to do? Ah, all this does not matter as it was all a PR ploy to equate Zidane's actions to Materazzi's! Zidane is the thug but the devil made me do it! He called my mother a whore - wah,wha-wah. Lift your skirt you baby. We must protect the honor of France! Let me put it to you this way. Would the French had cared if they won? Would they have accepted such a travesty of a ruling? Of course not. In this instance, they have behaved like classless hypocritical jerks. Funny thing is that if anyone paid attention, Zidane basically lied - as did the whole French team as they tried to demonize the 'ugly' Italians. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Posted by: alessandro | July 21, 2006 07:42 PM

2 Days of penalties to Materazzi, 3 day for Zidane:

Zidane=France=FIFA=Blatter=losers

Posted by: luca perez | July 21, 2006 02:10 PM

I have commented about Zidane on my own blog. It is curious to say the least that Black Jacques Ch-Iraq and the French would spin their media darling into a victim of sorts. Ben, your idea is fine only there are no rules in place to deal with verbals matters on the pitch - suddenly France wants to change the rules? I seem to recall no one cared to find out what Poulsen said to Totti. By extension, now we are hearing whispers that the shoot-out is not a good way to determine a champion yet these same people did not care when Brazil won in 1994. A double standard does seem to exist. As for French 'dominace' maybe Italy did not play their best game but the stats indicate that the FRench (despite their strong midfield play) hardly did anything of value. Lest we forget they needed two controversial penalties against Portugal and Italy to score. Ball possession was equal and the shot ratio favored Italy. Besides, didn't Italy outplay France in 2000 and had a slight edge against them in 1998? Now that Italy cathes a break people jump all over them. Great teams find a way to win. To return to Zidane, you can't defend the indefensible. What he did was incredibly shallow. While Totti paid for his sins in public opinion and became a better man for it, I doubt ZIdane learnt a lesson. Who is this Cossiga guy? By his actions, this is the worst sort of nonsense a country can tolerate. Get the facts straight FIRST, bozo.

Posted by: alessandro nicolo | July 18, 2006 06:06 PM

Hi, if you want now you can buy a tshirt with the image of San Materazzi...
thereafter we will build a church for him; we will ask if the Pope Ratzinger will make him saint really, but it will take long... perhaps this Pope does not like italians too much... I dont know;
the orders can be made from

ciao
Alex

Posted by: Ogheri Alessandro | July 17, 2006 07:24 PM

Alex: obviously! ;-))))))

Posted by: raffaella biferale | July 17, 2006 03:36 PM

Prince: spoiling the fun? Not everytime! :-)
Blisco: Are you a good dancer?

Posted by: raffaella biferale | July 17, 2006 03:28 PM

Blisco!

I like to provoke people the same way, specially after a good meal and before the Palacinken.

Alex

If you live in London and like jazz, go to Ronnie Scott's in Soho.
Remember that if you improve your English in UK, that's good only for UK! :)
I bet that when you cook, your next door neighbours will always "be there by chance" and have a piece too!

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 17, 2006 12:58 PM

Giovanni Principe: now I'm near London, I arrived some months ago, overall to improve (learn) my english, I didn't think but I really like London now.
You had to see the center after the final match: piccadilly circus, trafalgar square... were full of italians singing and celebrating the victory!

Posted by: alex bettini | July 17, 2006 12:15 PM

Posted by: raffaella biferale | July 17, 2006 03:27 AM

You are getting better! at least you admit you enjoied it...

Posted by: alex bettini | July 17, 2006 11:47 AM

Prince, in fact I'm more a barman than a judge and I was looking about somebody to have a drink and what is better to provoke somebody to be thirsty ? :-)
Gian, Don't worry about your english we are all in the same pot here: We don't here the prononciation:-)
Raf, I would want to have a dance with you whispering in your ears soccer gossips:-)

Posted by: blisco jaio | July 17, 2006 11:27 AM

Raff: you are spoiling the fun.

Giovanni Facchin: Blisco is not the judge. He is Furlan and likes to drink with friends.

Alex Bettini: So, you are from "Little Fox Coast"! Where do you live now? I live in Dayton, Ohio, after 11 years spent in Chicago (and I still speak Bergamasco and Gandinese)

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 17, 2006 10:38 AM

Dear Eva, I hope you don't think that I take the question seriously. I'm not that kind of person. When you write, you can't understand the tone of the thinh you want to say. So be sure: I'm calm. The one that we are talking of in not such an important argument. There are now more important question to think to.
But I have to say that the way you talk about italians can be misunderstood. Try to be more pleasant, please, when you say something. Try, if it is possible, to write carefully any word you put on this blog, otherwise we could think that you are a bit aggressive and full of prjudgment. When you say it is written in capital letter, etc, you give this idea of you. But I'm calm, don't worry, I'm just telling you my point of view. Nothing else. ;-)

Posted by: gio | July 17, 2006 10:12 AM

Blisco Jaio: are you some kind of judge or something?

.....

PS: I don't drink with the enemy, but with my neighbors... ;-)

Posted by: Giovanni Facchin | July 17, 2006 03:50 AM

Yesterday I went dancing here in Baltimore. The most people I met, said to me at first: Are you italian? Oh! You WON!!!!!!!! My answer was: Yes, but that is not the most important thing in my life! Ok, I can understand that the most italians people could be very happy about this victory, I'm happy too, but, please, let's stop talking about it!!!!!!!!:-)))))))

Posted by: raffaella biferale | July 17, 2006 03:27 AM

It seems to me the we are going off the track,it was just askeded to write in english on this side of the blog,where is clearly written on the botton of "post a comment" in bold letters,very easy to understand, where I live there are plenty of italian immigrant that speak only dialect,not even italian,but they do understand simple, and more complicated instraction in english,I like to rimind to the blogger that took a comment too personally that this is the esact attitude that create wars,and create also bad role model like zidane and matterazzi,football at is worst,yes we won,the cup is in rome,winning at all cost,but we lost the rispect of the rest of the world,how about start all over and finally play with interity,and honesty like the socceros did,somthing that matterazzi should learn from to learn from, ,no calling names,ects.us as italian we have the reputation of chiters,and this is not only in soccer,,in everiday living,not a nice budge to carry around in the world ,les move on and start afresh with better,and positive attitude ciao

Posted by: eva kulnura | July 17, 2006 02:10 AM

Blisco, thanks for that link!!
everybody should have a good look at that. i am just sorry zidane didn't hit "mammone matterazzi" staight in his stupid face.
Forza Zidane!!!

Posted by: Franco Hubert | July 16, 2006 11:04 PM

Zidane e Materazzi erano stanchi, uno al sentirsi tirare la maglia l'ha sbeffeggiato, l'altro l'ha insultato. Poteva finire con uno scambio di vaff. Così non è stato. Forza Italia!

Posted by: Roberto Dessy | July 16, 2006 10:06 PM

To all blogger's. I'm Very sorry for my
bad english. I wont to say a ting about
H.A.A.R.P Project. Dear Beppe, can you
speack about this Project? Te world is in a very big dagerous. H.A.A.R.P project is connected to the military weather modification condition; the neew weapon of the 21th century is this. Search about the military project “Star War” maded to Reaghan administrathion in the 1980 years. Search in google the “Chemtrails” word. Chemtrails are connected with H.A.A.R.P. Please Beppe, speack about this very big problem.

Posted by: algieri giancarlo | July 16, 2006 09:55 PM

While I was passing by... You can speak 45 languages but if you have nothing to say, what can you do with?

Posted by: blisco jaio | July 16, 2006 07:14 PM

clips about materazzi here: http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=5142970568688502787

Posted by: blisco jaio | July 16, 2006 07:11 PM

George, OK, you come from New York (cosmopolitan city and everything). Now tell me: doesn't most of the immigrants in US (or in New York) already speak english? If siciliano was a language, everyone would be at least bilingual in Italy.

If in US there is this mith of italian people who can't or don't want to speak anything more than their dialect is because many of the italian immigrants in US came from Sicilia, Calabria and Puglia, which were by that time the poorest and most ignorant regions of Italy, without offense (I'm apulian myself).

I see no struck nerve, it just seems incredible and paradoxical that someone living among 300 million other english speakers (the so-called international language) would blame any other country for not speaking a foreign language. If you speak Italian, French, Spanish, good for you. That definately doesn't seem to me the case of the whole United States (or New York).

And for the record: I speak Italian, French, English (although you think it's normal for me to understand the latter language), I understand portuguese and spanish, and I speak a bit of chinese. Now that's monolingual, uh?

And last but not least... Just because you speak 45 languages it doesn't mean that you can wind anyone about being monolingual, nor it seems to me a logical thing to generalise and basically insult all italians collectively just because a few cats are posting on the wrong side of the blog of an Italian showman (I'm definately not too shocked about that).
Too big a bazooka for such a small fly isn't it?

Thanks for the attention and best regards

Posted by: Stefano Capuzzimato | July 16, 2006 06:40 PM

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 16, 2006 07:41 AM

Hi Giovanni!!! I'm from Costa Volpino!!! Iseo lake!

Posted by: alex bettini | July 16, 2006 05:27 PM

Gosh! gio, I hit a sore spot in you,just move on would you?!not reason to take all so seriusoly, just have a good laugh,ciao

Posted by: eva kulnura | July 16, 2006 09:24 AM

Alex Bettini: The bergamaschi are populating this blog.
I'm from Gandino.
Where are you from?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 16, 2006 07:41 AM

Raf, as you can see, italians are always the same from every point of vew and from any kind of connexion:-)
Gio Fachin, que le ver avec l’ennemi t’aille de travers ... your point of view is good but not the best. Better to see who is the best liar instead of the most sincere:-)
George, Your point of vew is looking too small for a newyorker.:-)
Ben, if you are an italian, it’s very kind what you are saying about french. If you are a french, it’s very kind what you can say in english about italians:-)
Viva, to say what you say you must be one of those cowards who shouts insanities behind a wall to be sure that he can run away in time in case of need. But if it was just to piss against the wall, I understand:-)
Perez, to show how much you are small and humble it must be done in another way.
Mita, if Grillo’s is making irony you understand base flattery but, maybe it was a flattery and you are making irony...In both cases you are guilty. Like him.
Dyon, if the sens of grandeur is the one you are thinking is not the one you have:-)
Luca, if you want to be understand, you have to paint or to sing, otherwise your poetry can only look like a bad graffiti:-)
I start like this but I can’t finish. It’s too much. One think about italian fair play. I saw Buffon running to the referee to report what Zidane did. Then Zidane was fired out and I saw Buffon, to consolate and comfort him as if he was a brother. If this is the best goal keeper how can be the worse?

Posted by: Blisco Jaio | July 16, 2006 06:36 AM

Posted by: George De Stefano | July 15, 2006 10:05 PM

is siciliano a language? so, I speak two and a half: italiano, bergamasco and a little bit of english! :-)) What do I need to learn more?

Posted by: alex bettini | July 15, 2006 10:54 PM

I guess my comments about italian monolingualism struck a nerve. But it is true that italians have one of the lowest rates of foreign language acquisition in Europe. I didn't make that up. And I also speak more than one language -- inglese, italiano, some siciliano, and spagnolo. That's three more than most italians.

And Simone, I don't know anyone in Texas or Kansas. I live in New York, the world's most cosmopolitan city, not in America. There's a HUGE difference.

Posted by: George De Stefano | July 15, 2006 10:05 PM

I guess my comments about italian monolinguality struck a nerve. But unfortunately it is true that Italians have one of the lowest rates of foreign language acqusition of all European nations. I did not make this up! And Gio, I do speak more than 1 language -- inglese, italiano, spagnolo, and some siciliano.

Posted by: George De Stefano | July 15, 2006 09:55 PM

Someone said that we (italians) are monolingual...etc. I said it was a prejudment ('couse we talk one language more than you: italian). Play the victim?!? Who, when? Your simpathy? But what kind of distorted sense of living have you learned to have such a reaction? Your teacher was Zidane?

Posted by: gio | July 15, 2006 02:52 PM

gio, you are forgiven, but please stop the wingin about prejudment againdt italians,I am italian,too born and raised, in italy,play the victim would not raise any simpaty not with me, not in the country where I am living now,next time ,just read the instruction before
you do something, it is as simple as that,no hard feelings ciao

Posted by: eva kulnura | July 15, 2006 09:28 AM

Ok, I'm sorry (I Thought this was a space for everyone). We're are not monilngual, as you can see! This is another prejudment against italians. It is so hard to be more clever? Use your neurons, please. Here is my traslation.

What do we must emphasize: the negative example, the free violence that could foment other violence in the soccer game. All these thanks to a very rich player (Zidane) who ignore what fair play means. But, worse of all, a nation defends it!!! The defence of violence??!! So, everyone who is insulted, in France, has the right to smash him down (perhaps only if the whole world is watching, maybe it's an exception). Well, what a scena. com'on Materazzi force, you have not only been pulled down, but you are the guilty!!! Crazy, crazy world!

Original message:
Quello che bisogna sottolineare: l'esempio negativo, la violenza gratuita che potrebbe fomentare altra violenza negli stadi. Tutto questo grazie ad un Miliardario suonato. Il peggio è che una nazione lo difende. L'Italia fa bene a disinteressarsene: a questi livelli, è meglio lasciar perdere... forza Materazzi, non solo hai subito una testata, ma ora sei anche visto come colpevole... crazy world! Meno male che ci sono i videogiochi sull'evento che sdrammatizzano!

Posted by: gio | July 15, 2006 07:53 AM

Eva Kulnura, you are right.

Wait until Beppe wakes up this morning.

For the rest of the comments: there is only 1 truth: Italy Won period.

Let's not get tangled with those sterile comments otherwise we will be game for those sore losers/winers.

Posted by: High Plains Drifter | July 15, 2006 05:58 AM

dear beppe, I am glad you removed morgan ads, ma please can you also remove all the comments written in italian, like this the morons that do not understand how the rule works ,they will,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | July 15, 2006 01:27 AM

For an italian version of "Zidane il a paté" please take a look on this:

www.ilporcopiduista.blogspot.com

Posted by: Roberto Volpi | July 15, 2006 01:22 AM

Listen, Mr. George De Stefano, As an American, you're the last guy on earth who should be talking about a European nation's people being staunchly monolingual. If anyone has a reputation for being cocky and assuming the world speaks English, it's the Americans. Okay, buddy? Now take your absurd comment and go talk to your fellow country boys in Texas and Kansas.

Posted by: Simone Spanu | July 15, 2006 12:29 AM

I'm in Baltimore, USA, yet, and the wireless connection works wery slowly. I need 15 minutes to load the home page of the blog, and...what I see? FOOTBALL again!!!!!!
:-(((
;-))))

Posted by: raffaella biferale | July 15, 2006 12:13 AM

Whoever played seriously soccer in his life
knows that insults are part
of the play. Something to be deprecated, but
unfortunately true. Now, all of the sudden,
FIFA gets crazy because of Materazzi's words?
When Totti was rightfully disqualified during
Euro 2004 for having spit to a Danish player,
nodody felt the urge to find out what the
provocation was. It would be a good thing to
force all players to be better behave in all
games, but I bet this investigation will be
a one-time event because of the two involved.
I live in Germany and I have witnessed the
miserable comments of German press about the
final game and the overall Italian performance.
The point is: since Italy won (for sure not
playing an astounding final) and people have a
hard time to accept this fact, there is the
need to move the focus on some other fact and
bring discredit to the team.

Posted by: Stefano | July 14, 2006 10:13 PM

Today I found a wonderful article on the Washington Post, this is the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/13/AR2006071301524.html
The funny thing is that this article it's written to be understood by children.
I think that sums up the whole incident very well. This kind of language should be used at the United Nation summits.
Una italiana in the States.

Posted by: Francesca Spring | July 14, 2006 10:10 PM

Sorry for posting in Italian, I didn't realize.

Although I don't feel like translating my previous post, I must say I'm disappointed by Zidane for his attemps to turn this into a political matter. I'm referring to his interview he has given to TF1 where he compared his "coup de boule" with Calderoli's racist comment AFTER the game. Anyways, he should have been busier in France with LePen, logically...

Materazzi ain't no saint but I think he is has been more sincere in his interview than Zidane's and I totally believe him when he talks about the "mother" thing (which, at this point leaves only the sister in the picture). Besides, when Zidane says that the one who provoques is the guilty one, a provocation can also be an arrogant stare, as reported by Materazzi.

I would like to know what a psychologist or an anthropologist has to say about this!

Anyways, this all affair is a joke, and when the emotions will dissipate, reason hopefully will prevail.

The Zidane incident will be (eventually) forgotten, but our "Squadra Azzurra" will be wearing it's 4th star next time around! ;-)

PS: Salut aux amis français. Au diable la rancune (si certains en ont, bien entendu), après tout ce n'est qu'un jeux. Vous nous avez battus en '98 et en 2000 parce que vous aviez une meilleure équipe. Cette fois-ci c'était nous, c'est tout. J'espère qu'on aura encore d'exellents match à l'avenir, et si l'Équipe de France gagne, je serai le premier à vous serrer la main (et prendre un verre avec vous) :)

Posted by: Giovanni Facchin | July 14, 2006 09:49 PM

To all of you posting here in italiano: this is the English-language blog. Please respect that and post in inglese. If you are unwilling or unable to do so, please post at the italiano site.

And why won't italians learn english or any other language? Here in New York City everyone knows something of languages other than english, particularly spanish. Why are italians so insistently monolingual?

Posted by: George De Stefano | July 14, 2006 09:23 PM

I am French and I condemn the gesture of Zidane. The majority of the French forgive him for what it gave for France but does not excuse it for its gesture. It was punished and it is normal. But Materazzi is not an angel and it must be also punished because the insults do not have their place on the ground. And I am astonished because I thought that the most malicious insult and that Italian would not support they were insults on its family. When to the English I announce you that are them which published lies on the insults that is to say racist "The Guardian" and on the remarks that the mother of Zidane would have said "The Daily Mirror" what is completely false it never said that. If we had won, English would have congratulated us and treated Italian, they are not reliable. I have Italian friends and I get along well with them and I am not arrogant. One is just disappointed thus to have lost, its normal no? You would have made similar. Then I remember that with the Euro 2000, some Italians treated us cheaters and robbers, thus as regards FAIR PLAY there is better.
You won the world cup and I congratulate you.
Let us stop beating us for Sport when one sees what occurs in the world this history is really idiot.
The Italians all are not of Materazzi and the French of Zidane. There are goods and bads everywhere ;)
Goodbye, friendly Italians and with soon.

Posted by: Ben | July 14, 2006 08:10 PM

I thought we had moved on from the Far West way of solving problems. I thought we were in a civilized society that solves our differences with the use of reason. Obviously I am wrong because ZZ the thug has so many fans.

Posted by: Giusi Chiri | July 14, 2006 08:01 PM

Marco G E Maltese Hai rotto il CAZ2O!
Io non ce la faccio piu' a sentire parlare co-lioni come te!

Primo, la storia non si fa coi se' e coi ma: se "Matarazzi non avesse parlato", "se Zidane non avesse risposto".
La storia si fa coi fatti! L'Italia ha vinto, la Francia ha perso, e Materazzi ha mandato a fare in cu-o quello stro-zo di Zidane che nella sua personale storia di calciatore vanta sedici cartellini rossi e un sacco di capate gratuite che non ha mai pagato! Bene, ha pagato alla fine.

Secondo, giustifichi Zidane sotto pressione per un capata, e non Materazzi per un insulto. Io ho giocato a pallone, mamme e sorelle saltavano ogni minuto, fa parte del nostro modo di essere.

Mezzucci? Ancora con questi caz2o di mezzucci?
A me tedeschi, francesi e inglesi mi stanno sul CAZ20. I primi sono incapaci di fare una cagata sempre pronti a dire "uh il giardino del vicino e' sporco". Pensa al tuo giardino, non rompere le palle con gli altri. La Germania non si fida mai di noi!
I Francesi hanno sempre cercato di eliminarci, e ci deridono per tutto.
Gli inglesi invece hanno sempre cercato di manipolarci e in ogni caso i cartelli con su scritto "no ai cani e agli italiani" a Londra non li dimentichero' mai.
Noi dopo l'ultimo conflitto abbiamo fatto una guerra civile! Il nostro dittatore l'abbiamo impiccato e poi gli abbiamo sputato in faccia.
la liberta' ce la siamo guadagnati, quando sono arrivati gli americani dovevano solo bere e fottere. I tedeschi no! Cagasotti come sono hanno aspettato fino all'ultimo che quella capra di Hitler si uccidesse e poi si sono svenduti agli americani. Si', hai letto bene, i gerarchi hanno venduto l'armata tedesca per andarsene in sud america. Gli inglesi sono andati alla Casa Bianca a implorare l'aiuto americano e farsi schiavi degli Usa per 50 anni. I Francesi anche. Noi no!
Noi abbiamo avuto una guerra civile! Perche' se c'e' un popolo che ha le palle, sono gli italiani!
Quindi, caro Marco GE Maltese, mettiti i mezzucci nel buco del cu-o!
Viva l'Italia!!!

Posted by: Viva Litalia | July 14, 2006 06:10 PM

The French, the Germans... everybody accusing Italy and Italians, offending us while justifying their pupils' reactions.
Italy won the cup, beating Germany and France. France might have attacked more than Italy but in Football who wins is the team that scores the most, and this means that Italy has a great defence...
Zidane is a terrible example for everyone, it doesn't matter what Materazzi told him, no word, no insult could justify such a reaction, especially in a world championship final and in front of million of people.
Chirac, De Domenech and the whole France should only feel ASHAMED by the way their pupil behaved and by the bad light he casted on his country..
With their comments they just finished his job!
They should thank God that he retired, cause at least he's over having such reactions... he's quite common to them...
The Germans with the famous article on Der Spiegel finally showed their racist face... it's always easy to accuse Italians, for anything, but we can always accuse them of the Holocaust and the Nazism, I don't really think they should be proud of that.
At the end of the day, it's the old story, I'm Italian I can insult my culture, my country, my people, but beware if somebody who's not Italian just tries to do it... MATERAZZI SAINT, I agree with you Beppe, and, as I read in cartell:
France: Fraternitè, Egalitè, Incul'a tè!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!

Posted by: Mita Aureli | July 14, 2006 05:26 PM

What makes French people so thick for not accepting they lost?
So they still think of the Granduer?
Well, la GRANDEUR est Italienne!

Chew it hateful french!

Posted by: Dionysus | July 14, 2006 05:12 PM

The French people have to thank Italian people because last Sunday they gave a good lesson of humility and fairplay.

Zidane did this fault only because was under pressure and Materazzi did not permit to him to finalise... all the other rumors are only spam.

Posted by: Luca Perez | July 14, 2006 03:54 PM

Why should people take insults lying down? If someone insults me or mine I take it as my right to fight back. wherever and whenever!
Some races are more sensitive to certain kinds of insults.

Posted by: Julia Raco | July 14, 2006 03:06 PM

Hi Beppe,
I know a better story!
Have you ever heared of John Hopoate?
He used to stick his fingers up people bums, he was then disqualify from playing football. Now he his a very successful boxer , he can't stick his fingers up pleyers bums because of the gloves..have a look!
Ciao

Posted by: Giancesare Moro | July 14, 2006 11:28 AM

I think there are more important matters
to talk about in this moment:
Irak, Israel, Lebanon, Iran, Afganistan,
Muslim Terrorism, Israelian Terrorism, American Terrorism, European Indifference...
but yes, it is a shame how everybody protected, defended and justified the Zidane's violence.
If Materazzi insulted him, as I guess, he is an idiot (something very commong amont the football players everywhere) but it doesn't justify the violence.
If the football stars act like an hooligan, we don't have to blame the real hooligans.
at least the casseurs from the Banlieu have an excuse, but not him with all the money he gets,
he should learn how to act, at least.
Zidane, you are a good player maybe, but you
have lo learn the savoir faire and the self control. shame on Chirac and on the Nationalist
press. If Materazzi or any othr Italian did the same, sure everybody accused him of "mafiosi"(is the only thing they know)
and for sure the Italian public opinion and politicians had left him alone or condamned the
fatct.
but because he has
arabic origins, everybody defend him even if
he phisically attacked somebody, in front of million people watching tv. why? Are the French-French afraid of the reaction of the French-Maghrebins? they are afraid of their cars been burned again?
finally, this was a case of racism (on the other way around, but always racism). next time we will see
somebody fighting in the football fields, don't protest. if Zidane did it and Chirac and the French public opionion approved, it is ok.
liberté, egalité........fraternité (but only for Frenc people, better if with Arabic origin...).
Football is getting worse and worse...
I really miss people like Pelé!!!

Posted by: Paolo Antonio Lovi | July 14, 2006 10:24 AM

Hi Beppe, thank you. You got the point.

Chirac and the french press defend their football player in spite of the fact he behaved as an hooligan on the football pitch, well done Chirac.

The italians representatives and the italian press did not do the same for the italian football player.

Why?

Zidane represented the handsome good guy, Materazzi the ugly bad guy, but there is more.

The France has a strong sense of the state and it shows it, Italy doesn´t.

Instead to accuse the villain hooligans about his action the italian press was only trying to understand him.

I did not heard a single comment from the institution´ s representatives to defend their citizen, football player and world champion Marco Materazzi.

It was really sad.

Posted by: Gabriele Arrighetti | July 14, 2006 09:18 AM

If Blatter cried than it was for himself and no one else.
He is under investigation for fraud. Ask the West Indians Fifa Vote holders!

As for mothers, sisters and the females, white non white, etc can’t the world give it a rest. Who the hell gives a damn about under talented over paid drug pumping ignorant football players who get help in winning trophies?

We have seen the Women’s right brought by psychopaths to Irak – 14 year old made orphan in record time - time it takes an occupation bullet to reach her parents, her 6 year sister shot as well and she is raped by 10 occupation soldiers, shot and burned. Another 16 year raped in Irak and while I am writing this the same thing is going on somewhere.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 05, 2006
American soldiers, keeping the streets of Iraq safe
Caption: Pfc. Steven Green, B Co. 1-502 prepares to blast a lock off the gate of an abandoned home during a search of homes in Mullah Fayed on Dec. 2.

The photo accompanies an article entitled Coalition forces keep streets of Iraq safe, from the propaganda service of the U.S. Army.

Wait a minute--Steven Green...doesn't that name ring a bell? Oh yeah, here it is:

Federal prosecutors accused a former U.S. soldier of raping and murdering a young woman in Iraq, gunning down her family and burning all the bodies in an apparent cover-up.

Chirac couldn’t give a damn about anything.

Posted by: Marcia Visanji | July 14, 2006 08:43 AM

Morgan, go back to your sewer and drink plenty from it.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | July 14, 2006 04:43 AM

I am on beepe grillo blog or ebay?

Posted by: eva kulnura | July 14, 2006 02:52 AM