Chinese St Bernard’s

San_bernardo.jpg

The abandoning of dogs in the car parks of motorway service stations finally has a solution: Chinese restaurants.
Nothing is created and nothing is destroyed. Why let our trusted companions get sliced into bits by an HGV and throw away all that good stuff? Let’s say “no” to waste and take the dogs to the Chinese restaurants. We go into the restaurant, tie them up to a chair and then we disappear in silence.
Aidaa, www.aidaa.net, associazione in difesa degli animali e dell’ambiente {Association to Defend Animals and the Environment} has presented a declaration to the Procura di Milano {Milan prosecutors’ office} and to the ASL {Health authorities}. According to this declaration, super-exclusive clients chose live Saint Bernard puppies housed in the kitchens of Milan restaurants.
And after seeing the animals slaughtered in their presence (because it’s good to be trusting, but not to trust is better) and then they ate them with appetite.
In fact it seems that the saint Bernard is really good. Separately, the contents of their traditional little barrel was served to the clients after the meal.
The Saint Bernard doc {of controlled origin just like wine} could resolve our balance of payments deficit with China. A few tons of Saint Bernard steaks a month to the Far East and we are back in the black.
The animal welfare associations have little to get worked up about. The flesh is weak and the Saint Bernard puppies are very tender.
P.S.: Il Corriere della Sera 6/8/2006- Milano/Lombardy Insert page 5 - "Carne di cane offerta nei ristoranti cinesi" {Dog meat offered in Chinese restaurants} with the text: “Aidaa has presented a declaration to the Milan prosecutors’ office and to the Health Authorities to ask for controls”.

Comments

Blisco, you understand right.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 11, 2006 01:57 PM

So, Prince, if I understand, chinese people eat all they can found with legs except their table an chair:-)

Posted by: blisco jaio | August 11, 2006 10:17 AM

Sad, but TRUE!
;-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 10, 2006 02:44 PM

Never say that is the best in the world.
There always could be somebody else that makes it better than you....

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 10, 2006 01:48 PM

Even if I would invite a chinese to dinner I would never serve him a turtle to eat!
I'm sure he would prefere my famous amatriciana or carbonara (the best in the world!)
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 10, 2006 12:21 AM

What about turtles?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 10, 2006 12:07 AM

Joking aside, I think nobody is barbarian, but everyone follows his own food habits and customs.
What really matters is not to offend other people's sensibility, or not to break the law.
If I invite someone to dinner who loves horses, I wouldn't serve horse meat ! ;-))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 9, 2006 11:53 PM

Robert
In my village we were also used to eat cats for Xmas.
They taste like rabbit.
The right wine for that is Amarone.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 9, 2006 10:58 PM

I prefer Valpolicella for a light meal or Amarone for a rich meal. For white wine I like Soave.

Everybody eats what they are used to. Aboriginals eat witchety grubs (big worms) and snake (they both taste good) Mexicans eat ants and Hamsters, Americans eat cardboard called McDonalds, the Scottish eat sheep's intestines, and the Italians eat eels, horse meat and snails. Either ban the eating of all animals or just let the chinese eat their dogs in china but not in coutries where it is against the law. Also eating horse meat is considered barbaric in Australia because they love horses, so are Italians barbarians?

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 9, 2006 10:56 PM

of course: "La Ciociara"!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 9, 2006 10:46 PM

I don't like Shiraz, I prefer Frascati: it gives that special thought of Ciociaria...

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 9, 2006 09:54 PM

Do as the romans do it's always the right thing to do!
;-))))))
PS) Instead Red Frascati I suggest Red Shiraz, it's a roman wine, but it's very very good! ;-)))))
PS2)You can find it in USA.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 9, 2006 08:20 PM

Yeah, when in Rome I do as the romans do and when in China I will do as the romans do in China: celebrate with Amatriciana and red Frascati.
Without the worms.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 9, 2006 08:09 PM

They eat worms? gross!! But for them is normal.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do!
By the way, I hate Chinese restaurants! ;-))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 9, 2006 07:08 PM

The Saint Bernard for me is a sacred dog because is a Grappa carrier.
As for the rest, I have to tell you this:
Last month I've been in China for 3 weeks. Those guys eat anything that moves; on my first day there, I witnessed 2 of the customer's people at the restaurant while they were eating 2 turtles (one for each one of them) big as my hand. They chewed everything out of them except for the shell. For me it was disgusting to watch but for them it was like eating apple pie.
Also, those people eat worms, caterpillars and the like, because they grew up in that environment and is normal for them to have stuff that makes us balk at the simple thought.
As for the Chinese restaurants in Italy, they better stick to the Italian laws and if somebody with the full wallet wants to try to eat the animals that are normally protected in the western world, he or she can buy a flight to China and have it there, along with the consequences of the Montezuma type if they are lucky.
After a couple of those experiences those snobs will get back to their normal life in their country.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | August 9, 2006 06:16 PM

I forgot to say,that my dog has a microcip,if she get lost and found,I get penalize,$150,and I think is fear enought,because is my responsability as a ower to look after my dog,and make sure that she is in a safe enviroment,I do not know if in italy the same apply, but if not, people will think twice before,getting a dog,and dump him when is holiday time.ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | August 9, 2006 12:30 PM

I am a pet lover/owner (a dog, a cat, a bunny, 2 water turtles and a parrot fish) and of course the article was very distressing….However, not for the obvious reasons…I don’t think we should impose on other cultures our own habits, since we wouldn’t like them to do the same to us (e.g. eating pigs and cows as well as killing bulls during the corrida…) but we could and should not allow their customs to be practiced in our countries! The restaurant in Milan should be closed down and fined for its cruelty!!
Can you imagine what would happen if other restaurants in Europe followed its example and began serving dogs and monkeys to say Koreans , Philippinos etc????

Posted by: Paola Filinesi | August 9, 2006 11:32 AM

I get distress when I hear those stories,I got a dog,I find her on the internet ,on the rspca site, I love her to bits,and talking about uncondional love........my dog his just the best,friendly with everybody,she just love kids,but I do understand that people fron china, do not share our education,and it is just a matter or educating them to the fact that in the western world it is a no,no to eat pets.

Posted by: evakulnurae | August 8, 2006 12:12 PM