Do Italians dreams of electric sheep?

roy_batty.jpg

I have seen things that you Italian humans could not imagine … Clean beaches that are free all over Europe. And I have seen free showers on the beach in the blinding light of summer. And all these sensations will be lost for you. They’ll be lost in time because of speculation, because of concessions, because of privatisation. It’s the time of big private sun umbrellas, of private deck chairs, of private beaches. It’s time for paying for what is yours. “
Unità Meetup GRILLUS6 Roy Batty N6MAA10816EURO Ment.LEV A

The Berlin Wall, the Great Wall of China and the steel barrier of Padua are nothing compared to Italian beaches. They have been confiscated. To get access to a public beach you need to do horrifying treks through the woods or walk for miles along the main road. All to find an outlet sewer without filtering. A free beach. It’s the usual enchantment of words. The beach is a beach and that’s it. Without adjectives.
Why do beaches become private? Who is it that entrusts what belongs to everyone to private activities for their profit? Who authorises this? The local authorities? But the beach belongs to the citizens and not to the local authorities. The argument is always the same. Motorways, telephony, water, beaches. Our stuff, stuff of the State is privatised and our rights are ignored.
In Europe, the beaches are almost always free. In Italy there are half free. It’s a bit like everything in this country. I propose a movement for liberating the beaches. At least those. Free beaches in a half-free State.

Comments

Eva: Corsica is wonderful!:-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 15, 2006 12:43 AM

Is roberto,having a nervous breakdown,or he got to much sun on his head?,slip,slop,slap,good rule to remember,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | August 15, 2006 12:31 AM

Ok, the page doesn't refresh itself after posted like the italian one!!!

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:32 PM

Is it possible to post anything? I'm posting but i see nothing.

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:30 PM

I'm without morbidity: I want to break free!

Posted by: Robert.o Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:22 PM

I'm without morbidity: I want to break free!

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:22 PM

I'm without morbidity: I want to brak free!

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:21 PM

I'm without any morbidity: I want to break free.

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 14, 2006 07:16 PM

Raf, I used to go to Corsica,in summer with all my friends,kids,dogs,all "au natural"it was wonderfull,to let it all hang out,have a good time a Capocotta,ciao :-)))))

Posted by: evakulnura | August 14, 2006 12:15 PM

Eva: I'm sure that australian beaches are better, I would like to be there, but unfortunetly I'm here, and I must be content with Capocotta! ;-)
By the way: naturalist beaches are the least perverted places in the world. People are living their body naturally and without any morbidity, nobody is judged because of his good looks, at the contrary people simply want to feel free from any conditioning. :-)))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 14, 2006 10:46 AM

capocotta is free, but it is dirty and the water stinks

Posted by: fab tom | August 14, 2006 07:46 AM

I know we are talking about beaches,but today I read in the paper a good news,that says:the Federal Government will subsidise solar energy and ethanol fuel production ad give motorists up to $2000 to convert theirs cars to LPG-just as poll reveals a fierce voter backlash to petrol prices and interest rises.The Australian Government is lissening to the need of the population,and do thimgs accordingly,what about the Italian goverment????????????????? ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | August 14, 2006 06:35 AM

Robert,after the australian beaches,how can you go to Capocotta?or you will go there just to perv? ciao :-))))))))

Posted by: evakulnura | August 14, 2006 05:44 AM

Ah! I see. "For here lies Juliet and her beauty make this vault a feasting presence full of light".

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 14, 2006 02:09 AM

Robert: You can recognise me: I'm the one with rasta hair and blue eyes! Everyone knows me at Capocotta beach! ;-)))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 14, 2006 01:59 AM

The beach sounds interesting Raffaella. I might visit some time and maybe see you. But how would I recognise you?

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 13, 2006 10:57 PM

I've been to beaches in Alaska e the Queen Charlottes in British Columbia where I was the only person on the beach for many Kilometers. My sister told me that last year in Alassio she walked through a sea of ombrelloni to get to the water which is supposedly public. The proprietor of the Bagni asked her to leave and when she refused she called two carabinieri who showed up after half an hour and escorted her away like a criminal. Bravo Beppe for bringing this sore point to people's attention. What would we do without Comedians to voice our grievances?

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | August 13, 2006 08:05 PM

Raffaella

Can I take photos at Capocotta?

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 13, 2006 07:16 PM

Yes, Robert!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 13, 2006 07:03 PM

It's the first tim i see this section, so i can study english ant at the same time express my hate toward this society!!!

Posted by: Roberto Giorgi | August 13, 2006 06:57 PM

Raffaella

What is a "naturistic" beach? Is that like a naturalists beach where everybody is nude?

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 13, 2006 06:49 PM

I'm used to go to the naturistic beach near Rome, Capocotta, a totally free beach and I love it very much!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | August 13, 2006 06:34 PM

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Liberate the beaches!

I refuse to go to any beach that I have to pay just to enjoy what mother nature provided free.

Posted by: Robert Tuppini | August 13, 2006 04:53 PM