Stock Exchange Orgy

mappa_del_potere_Telecom.jpg

The directors on the Telecom Italia Board haven’t taken it very far. They aren’t made of the same stuff as Charles Duvall in the Godfather. Marlon Brando paid him to listen to him.
These were paid to listen to Tronchetti. In these years with a great outcome they always agreed with their president.
And even they are in a bad outcome right now. They were admirable in the merger of 2005, in the split of 2006 and I hope, very soon even in the farewell.
Perhaps 82% of the shareholders are not in agreement with them. But it’s not possible to receive the individual wishes of everyone: 18% is far and away sufficient. The newspapers talk about intercepts that went through the top level Telecom people, of invoices for millions of Euro paid to companies that are being investigated for espionage. Did the Board of Directors know that? Had they heard nothing? Had they seen nothing?

It’s all the same anyway. If they knew and kept quiet, they should be removed. If they didn’t know they should be removed anyway for incompetence. The map of Telecom, last updated March 2006, that I’ve presented in part, in my shows, is an orgy. The same persons are everywhere, in the Stock Exchange, Directors, Auditors, multi-roled, multi-paymented.

The diagram needs a bit of explanation. At the centre there’s Telecom. Around that in the first circle, members of its Board of Directors, connected with a green line, and its Auditors, connected with a purple line. The Directors and the Auditors who are also to be found in other Boards of Directors have a green or purple line that connects them to the company in the second circle.

In the third circle there are Directors who are present in at least two companies that are connected to Telecom.
The map that is attached needs to be enlarged to be able to read the names.
Happy reading and happy investing.

Comments

It sounds like the theory about six degrees of separation, that we can find anyone within 6 degrees of one another.

It is similar in the USA. We hope to change that with North America's first social stock exchange connected to a green social network, called the Green Stock Exchange (GREENSX) at: http://greensx.com, which will be launched in the Summer of 2008 to begin trading. It will trade shares in social businesses. A social business is a business that makes a profit, but benefits society as well. We have a triple bottom line (economic + social + environmental).

Since all the listed companies on the exchange are pre-screened, evaluated, and audited according to social and sustainable guidelines set by the exchange, it will make it much easier for green investors to find and support social businesses. The GREENSX provides opportunities for small green Issuers to access public equity capital efficiently, while providing early stage investors, angel investors, and venture capitalists with greater liquidity.

This includes a eBAY.com trading system for carbon credits.

It is now in the beta stage testing. Check it out at: http://greensx.com.

Very nice diagram. Great work.

Posted by: David Kam | April 9, 2008 06:27 AM

test post

Posted by: alfonsao | September 30, 2006 11:45 PM

Yeah Peppiniello...

So let us sing:

Champagne, per brindare un incontro...
Perchè mi annoio da solo :-))))

BEPPE!!!!!!!! Where are you?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!

Posted by: Peppino di Capri | September 26, 2006 01:22 PM

Beppe!

If you are alive send us a sign of your existence!

Posted by: Peppiniello da Capua | September 23, 2006 06:16 PM

To tell you the whole truth,

I LOVE MY CLONES!!!
;-)))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 23, 2006 05:13 PM

Enrico you are correct.
Most of the times I have the feeling that this is a chat room and not a blog but I think it is good never the less…
We still get to say what we think, most of us are living abroad, those living in Italy (like Raffa and Joselle) give us an idea of what is happening in every day life and I am sure, if not Beppe, at least some of his colleagues follow this blog and might use our comments in ways we don’t really know.
So on the whole; even if sometimes we get carried away I believe being here is not completely useless…

Posted by: paola filinesi | September 23, 2006 03:55 PM

whoops! Errata Corrige: When I open, not when I hope! ;-)))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 23, 2006 03:34 PM

Yes, Enrico, on the italian side there are more than 1500 comments a day, if you want to be read and to take part of the discussion you must post very often your comment. There are people who copy and paste their comments many times, other people, like me for example, are writing many different comments during the day.
The italian side of the blog is very chaotic and sometimes I can't find the time to read and understand what people are talking about. Beppe's topic is sometimes only a starting point of the discussion, then everybody follows his own underlying theme, and you must read all the comments to be able to say something reasonable.
Not to speak of the invectives, the attacks without reason, and the clonation of your name.
When I hope this english side I'm feeling better. ;-))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 23, 2006 03:32 PM

Beppe call this a Blog, but he doesn't participate in it other than throwing the initial bone at us. For this to be a real Blog he should answer comments and get more involved. Now, I can see him trying to do this on the four cats side, but on the Italian one where there are people that cut and paste their response many times just to be noticed and lunatics that say the most idiotic things?

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | September 23, 2006 02:24 AM

Alex,
I hope you understood the irony of the post...
But maybe you know something we don't; or is it that facing reality sometimes creates different reactions depending on the individual character of each one of us...???

Posted by: paola filinesi | September 23, 2006 01:26 AM

Well, guys, dream on.

Maybe you'll remember my words when Italy eventually makes the headlines.

Posted by: Alex | September 23, 2006 01:20 AM

First of all I must apologize to Salvatore for calling him Alessandro…
SALVATORE …..SCUSA

Then, I was confident, after Raffa, that both Joselle and Eva would come up with strong
reasons supporting the existence of the English blog... They DID....!!!!

Alex,
Cheer up... after all even the cores of the sweetest fruits on earth are sometimes
rotten/bitter but you still get to enjoy the fruit before you get there….:o)))
Telecom and other companies are just employing competent, tried and proven succesful executives….
Why risk by investing on new management???? !!!!

As for you Prince ..What can I say….Your friend “Wijna” is coming after you as Robin Hood in disguise…:o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | September 23, 2006 01:11 AM

Alex,George Negus,australian current affairs giounalist,he wrote a book about Italy and the Italians,(got a copy,love to send to you,if you like to read),he spent an year in Italy,with wife and kids(sending his kids to public school),he would love nothing else that to be italian,he find fascinating,our politics,and how we manage to survive no matter the caos we live in,so ,there, is a positive message he call that "the third way"the italian way,good book,interesting to konw,how foreins see us,and is not all negative as we think.ciao :-))

Posted by: evakulnura | September 23, 2006 12:17 AM

Salvatore

I agree with Paola and Joselle.
I want also to add that through this blog, a lot of English speaking people that wants to know more about Italy can get their share of knowledge.
On this side of the wall is also more quiet because certain jerks are kept off the line because of the language barrier which is higher than their idiotic attitudes.
Let's not forget that Beppe and others like him are always welcome to bring up the "dirty linen" because until proven otherwise, there is freedom of speech in our countries (even for those idiots that confronted Ricca in that infamous video).

Freedom of speech implies a lot of things that sometimes we don't like but it's the price that everybody has to pay for it.

I want to end this post with a humorous note: Salvatore is from Nottingham and I am the Principe Giovanni. Where is Robin Hood?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | September 23, 2006 12:16 AM

Salvatore,I agree with everything has been said by the Girls,I, beside all those motives,I practise my english writing,as you can see there I need to improve what, and what a better way, that commenting and writing in english as the same time,I am sorry sometimes for the one's that read my comments,it could be hard at times,to express myself in another language,but so far in this side of the blog people have been very supportative and I appreciate that,so as you can see this english side is usefull for lots of reasons,if you like you can join the 4 cats club,ciao:-))

Posted by: evakulnura | September 23, 2006 12:01 AM

Alex, today you sound too pessimistic. I assure you that many other countries have their share of rancid deals. They too are rotten; I just wish that more and more people would simply stand up to the nonsense that some politicians seem to indulge in. And last but not least, it is about time to question the CREDIBILITY of what politicians say.

Today I got to hear Di Pietro's arguments about the company Autostrade SpA and, in all honesty, I wonder how many other politicans are REALLY informed about matters as this man who is more of Magistrate than a Politician but who permeates honesty all the way. Others had better leave the scene. They putrify.

================================

Now, just a little point to Salvatore Fina who lives in Nottingham. Ironic, isn't it, that I, British citizen, live in Italy. I assure you I have a vested interest in knowing what the current situation of the country I am living in is offering to those who live there, citizens and EU citizens and World citizens.

Naturally, I did try to understand and "chew" the Italian version of this blog. I assure you there is more sanity and tranquillity on this side of the blog, as Raffaella said AND, agreeing with Paola, others outside Italy who are interested in Italy have a right to information as long as that information is true.

Maybe there is no equivalent blog on Britain similar to this one but I am sure that you, living in England, must be directly or indirectly interested in the English political/cultural/economic/social situation.

In fact, PITY that we Brits are so stork like sometimes about matters of great importance that affect not just us but the world in general.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | September 22, 2006 11:43 PM

Italy is doomed because it's rotten to the core.

Posted by: Alex | September 22, 2006 11:16 PM

Alessandro,
Your intentions are definitely good (as you see I can read Italian)…:o)
However I would like to mention a few cases where the English version of Grillo’s blog could be very useful:
a) I find nothing wrong with letting other people know what problems my country is facing , maybe by reading our comments they will get to know how common Italians think and not only what they read on the papers,
b) Have you thought that there might be children of Italian immigrants that live abroad, that are not lucky enough to have learned Italian but still care about their family’s country and would like to be updated on the current situation of the country??
c) Have you thought that there could be Italians whose knowledge of Italian is not so perfect and would be intimidated by writing in Italian??
d) Last but not least, it is quieter here…'-)

In any case, if any foreigner was really interested to know what was happening in Italy he could have very easily translated Beppe’s articles in any language he wanted to, English was just an easy choice.

Now I’ve better let the others come up with better “ragioni”…

Posted by: paola filinesi | September 22, 2006 10:53 PM

Salvatore: I don't agree with you.
You think we shouldn't wash our dirty linen in public. Why?
The opinions of foreign people could be very useful to the discussions about our "dirty linen". I like this english blog and I hope it will go on forever!
PS) next time, please, write in english!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 22, 2006 09:13 PM

Ciao Beppe
Sono fra quelli che apprezzano quello che fai, anche se ogni tanto un contraddittorio, con qualcuno dei personaggi che vai accusando, non ti farebbe male e arricchirebbe il bagagio di informazioni che vengono fuori dai tuoi lavori.
Ma 'ce' una cosa che non capisco e non sopporto: cioe' il tuo blog in inglese.
Mi vuoi spiegare a chi serve? E a cosa serve?
Non di certo agli italiani all'estero in paesi anglofoni o altrove, che conoscono l'inglese,e non piu' l'italiano, poiche' posso assicurarti che non glie ne puo' fregare di meno dell'Italia e dei vari verminai che vengono fuori con metodica periodicita', perche' semplicemente non sanno di cosa parli.
Io vivo in Inghilterra e ti posso garantire che e' cosi'.
Poi ti chiedo hai mai visto un giornalista, uno scrittore o uno showman straniero, che ci fa conoscere le vergogne di casa sua in Italiano?
E' mia opinione che il tuo blog in inglese serve solo ad alimentare negli starnieri l'idea che l'Italia e' un posto pieno di loschi figuri che si aggirano fra i palazzi del potere, corrompendo, ricattando prendendo tangenti etc.(c'e' tanto di tutto cio')
Questo e' quello che uno straniero percepisce, un'italiano filtra con la sua esperienza diretta le notizie e le opinioni che tu esprimi, un inglese no.
Sono certo che tu, come tutti noi vuoi un'Italia pulita da corruttori e malaffaristi, ma vuoi anche bene al nostro bel paese, e allora continuiamo a lottare, gli starnieri non possono essere della partita teniamoli fuori dai nostri "affari privati", faremmo solamente del bene alla nostra Italia.
Ciao Salvatore Fina
Nottingham

Posted by: Salvatore Fina | September 22, 2006 06:28 PM

If Italy is doomed so are other Western Countries where this kind of game is played every day. Long live Unfettered Capitalism!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | September 22, 2006 03:04 PM

Italy is doomed.

Posted by: Alex | September 22, 2006 02:35 PM

Well I looked at the diagram and - surpise surprise - they are all MARTIANS? WOMEN? No....Men.
I wonder who all the women behind the broke powerbrokers are?

Posted by: Maureen Lister | September 22, 2006 12:44 PM