The Authorities and the upyours-signal

dit-segnale.jpg

The authorities protect us. Us the common citizens, us users, us consumers. They watch over the companies of the country. They are like Superman or Batman when they see the bat-signal in the night (always at night).They see the upyours-signal (the signal of the middle finger) day and night and unfortunately, they no longer take any notice.

Using the English word "Authority" gives a greater sense of authority. Well, they remind me of a quip by the magistrate Piercamillo Davigo. He said that it's only in Italy that there are signs saying "Assolutamente vietato" {Absolutely forbidden}. In other countries the single word "forbidden" is enough. Here, even with 'assolutamente' each person continues to do what they like. Obviously this would be if there weren't the appropriate authorities. They are pre-positioned, never post-positioned and perhaps suppositioned: Parmalat, Cirio, Tango bond, Banca Popolare di Lodi.

The monopolies for the telephone, electricity, energy, and motorways tremble at the arrival of the authority of the Authorities. But shouldn't the Authorities prohibit the monopolies? And if there are monopolies are they at least authoritative? Difficult questions, like wanting to know why services here cost still more than in the rest of Europe. Perhaps the Authorities have the effect of stimulating prices? Higher in Italy than elsewhere?

It's the famous theory of the increase in the price that can be sustained. It is sustainable until the citizen user has no alternative or gets angry and descends into madness.
Italy and its Authorities is a case study for world research. The Authorities allow the citizens to take advantage of costs that are not to be paid. Useless costs, national ones. The pride of our monopolies, the envy of all the schemers of the world.

One example is the cost of recharging. The costs paid when you put more money on the mobile phone. Following a popular petition to abolish them, a collection of Authority, Antitrust and Agcom has started an inquiry. Without a whisper, they wouldn't have got there on their own. They don't have to put money on their mobiles.
The cost of recharging exists only in Italy. Either we export it or we cancel it together with the relevant Authority. Four months later, nothing has happened. Let's give them a hand.

Let's remind them with an email to our employee, the president of Agcom Corrado Calabṛ to take responsibility but with authority.

Comments

What I find disgusting is that everytime you have to pay 5 Euros of recharging on 50 Euros, for example. In Malta, we pay 15 Malta cents [equivalent of 35 Euro cents] as standard recharging fee. In other countries you do not pay even that! I always ask the same question not because I am a boor but because the obvious escapes me perhaps... if it can be done in other countries, WHY oh WHY cannot it be done here???

Raffaella, I scored 58... I must be a CENTRAL BALANCED POLITICALLY CORRECT NON-VOTER I guess!!! I never voted nor intend to vote much in Italy, because change does not happen. It happens only in name but not action. You know "troppe parole, niente fatti" :o)))

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 1, 2006 10:26 AM

Dear Raf

Thank for your explanation.. I meant only to say that probably I belong to the riformist area, but I cannot bear Prodi and Italian left Parties.

(perhaps this is the reason why I didn't vote in April)

Posted by: Cino Cappu | September 30, 2006 12:25 PM

Dear Cino,
your result (66) means you have faintly left-wing views, even if you are not really politically involved. You are situated in the riformist area rather then in the extreme left area.
;-))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 30, 2006 11:11 AM

Done, dear Miss Ubiquity...

My result is 66, but I do really think that the test doesn't work!!! (I didn't vote at all last time)

Posted by: Cino Cappu | September 29, 2006 09:50 PM

To everybody!
I enjoy myself by building of funny surveys and tests, the last one is:
How much leftist are you?
test your political stance!
For the first time I have made an english version too!
You can find the test here:
the interpretation of the scores is on the link below!
Enjoy it!
;-)))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | September 29, 2006 07:53 PM

Like always, these thieves are still unpunished.

What a sorry government of Mafiosi!!!!

What are you waiting to do like the Hungarians do?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | September 29, 2006 06:50 PM