Safane and Procred

Duomo_di_Milano.jpg

The sacredness of the secular and the vulgarization of the sacred. Opposites are currently being integrated. A synthesis that is comic and at the same time absolutist. It redefines reality to cleanse itself of any sin. Let those who are without sin, throw the first stone against the redeemed sinners of the pardon. Sanctified. Cephalusified. Sin is holy.
Saint Moggi, Saint Wanna Marchi, holy parliamentary convicts. The sacredness of money stands above secularized religion and becomes a political object of consumption. Relativism triumphs and the Pope is content.
If everything is relative, good and evil are relative. Justice is relative. Crimes are relative. The more you pay, the more they are relative. Capital makes them less tangible, angelic.
Foreign tourists visiting Milan have no doubts. To withdraw money or to get a mortgage they go to the Duomo {Milan's Cathedral}. After going down on their knees and thus respecting local customs, they approach the priest or the sacristan.
In response to their request, they are given information about the nearest banking point for their banking sponsor. In the future there will be cash dispensers in the Duomo above the holy water fonts, and the financial consultant will be in the confessional and you'll be able to get a ticket for communion.
The same tourists going for a trip in the Bormida Valley in the beautiful Province of Savonna. Fortified by the experience in Milan, looking for new evidence of the presence of religion in the reality and of reality in religion.
They've understood that everything in Italy is relative. A melting pot between the Russian salad, granny's vegetable minestrone {soup} and the Lower House of Parliament. They stop in front of a little church in one of the most polluted places in the world: Cairo's cokeria.
Val_Bormida1.jpg

As well as the Madonna and the child Jesus, they find the image of a nuclear power station and polluting industries.
Val_Bormida2.jpg

They think it is an ex-voto of someone who has survived a disaster, then they realize that it is simply an advertisement and they calm down.
"Jesus went up to Jerusalem and in the Temple he found people selling cattle and sheep and doves, and the money changers sitting there. Making a whip out of cord, he drove them all out of the Temple, sheep and cattle as well, scattered the money changers' coins, knocked their tables over and said to the dove sellers, 'Take all this out of here and stop using my Father's house as a market.' St John's Gospel (2,13-25)

First PS: Once upon a time there were worker-priests; today there are global consultant priests.
Second PS: Thank you to the Savona meetup for the photos and for all your initiatives.

Comments

Paola & Enrico:
Don't worry about me!
My peculiarity has always been to be on wrong place, at wrong time and to choose the wrong man!
;-))))))))))LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 17, 2006 09:52 AM

Enrico,
Let Raffa choose..:o)))
She will end up looking for the Morlacchi warriors...!!!

lol lol lol lol

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 17, 2006 09:26 AM

Watch out Raffaella when this modern Eros starts dancing the peacok dance. Very macho, stay away!!!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 17, 2006 01:30 AM

Paola: very kind of you! I welcome your kind offer! ;-))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 10:55 PM

Prince, my dear Prince.....
Yes, may be, in the future, I will write correctly in English...and you in German ;-)))))))))))
Everything is possible!
As for Blisco: I don't think he's a Gremlin, my 6th sense tell me not too, but I learnt at my own expense not to trust my 6th sense too much...;-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 10:52 PM

Enrico,
:o))) (...blush...)

You are right!! This is the type of harassment we could have done without if only this blog was better protected..:o(

But in any case,Serbia is not too far from here.. next time I will "howl",you never know..!!!

Raffa my friend,
Have a glass of wine please???
Because no Morlacchi for you but I could always send over a nice Greek guy....LOLROTF :o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 10:42 PM

Raf:
I really wanted to mean "V", not "F".

Paola:
You mean Blisco is a Gremlin? My 6th sense and 1/2 tells me not but, you know, everything is possible, even Raffaella writing correctly in English...:))))

Anyway: going back to the topic, my opinion is that first we need to be left alone with our choice in our religion and second, we have to learn to not blame everything and everybody else for something that can be fixed by ourselves.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 16, 2006 10:41 PM

Prince: "vergessen" not "fergessen"! ;-)))))))))

PS) Normally YOU were the one who's breaking the hair in four even parts, (do you remember "esco fuori, entro dentro?heheheheheh!)Now it's my turn! ;-)))))))
PS2) You are right, I wonder where is Blisco too!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 10:12 PM

Paola, how can a fine lady like you upset me? I was just observing the reality we are facing here.
Maybe we should use the fierce Morlacchi warriors to defend the integrity of this Blog!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 16, 2006 09:53 PM

Enrico,
I am sorry ,I didn't mean to upset you...:o))
I was just expecting an answer in French but I honestly don't know why..!!

Prince,
Your "ps"s will kill me...you're looking for trouble...and this time it will be no Gremlin but the
"Morlacchi" warriors coming after you....
:o))))

Let's forget all about it and enjoy a nice bottle of the best "Cyber Wine" we can all share!!!

Cheers...^:)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 09:33 PM

Raf:
Always there to break the hair in four even parts!
:))))

Paola:
I didn't remember about the red hair girl.
(Entschuldigung. Ich habe fergessen.)

P.S.: Where is Blisco?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 16, 2006 09:13 PM

I won't hear any more about Birotella!!!;-))))
Instead of personal trainer I have a personal clone;-)))))))
I hope this situation will end as soon as possible!
;-)))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 08:40 PM

"Enrico,
Is that you?"
Yes Paola. It's me, I swear on the book of your choice, but isn't this situation getting weird when we have to ask these kind of questions?
I guess we have to thank Birotella for the inconvenience and this is probably what excites his funny bone....
P.S. I would avoid French not to discourage the few cats left.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 16, 2006 08:15 PM

I agree 100% with the bresciano sentence!
;-)))))))
PS) J'adore la langue Francaise!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 08:13 PM

Sorry forgot to "translate" the Bresciano:

"Apart from a few men, all animals have a soul"

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 08:05 PM

Raffa,
I've learned German in Austria,but I can't say it's my "forte"....:o))

As for the last sencence was in Bresciano dialect
(just a few sentences I've learned)...
Languages are my passion...!

Enrico,
Is that you??
How about French just to get back on us??? :o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 07:58 PM

Enrico, It's not our fault if we are...polyglots! ;-))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 05:26 PM

And I thought this was the English Blog.......

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 16, 2006 05:16 PM

Paola! Schoen dass du auch Deutsch sprischst!!!!
Wie hast du es gelernt? Wars du in Deutschland schon mal?
Und.... was fuer eine Sprache war die letzte Satzt?;-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 04:09 PM

Prince,
Ich sage das Frankeinstein Jr. mit rotharige frauen ferliebt war...!!!

I am saying that Frank had a thing for redheads and I am not one of them....!!!

lol lol lol

ps."fo de argù om, togg j animaj i gà 'n anima"
you just have to look for it...:o)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 02:24 PM

Prince: you make always the same mistake: Not: "was sagen Sie", but: "was sagst du" unless you want to address Paola using the «lei»!
Anyway, the brother Frank was the youngest: Frankeinstein Jr.! ;-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 16, 2006 11:06 AM

A RedHead???????
Was sagen sie?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 16, 2006 01:53 AM

Prince,
Well, I am not a redhead,am I ??? (!!!)
:o))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 16, 2006 01:34 AM

Paola:
You know a lot of stuff about the great Albert Einstein.
However, don't forget that his brother Frank was more famous.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 16, 2006 12:55 AM

Einstain likewise,just a reminder you started the all thing,and as they say "do not wake up the dog that is asleeep"ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | October 15, 2006 11:38 PM

Albert,
No comments!!!

Arezzo was mentioned out of context....forget about it....

As I said this is not a chat room and I think we've gone too far...

Take care...:o)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 03:32 PM

Paola,

I see no logic here again.

Rudeness from evakulnura is cute.
A joke from me drives everyone mad.
Wow. Make sense of that!

And how about Arezzo? (I've never even been there.) But what's that got to do with the conversation...?

Why you thought eva understood the dialect? My take is that it's because you assume her Italian is better than her English...

Posted by: Albert Arezzo | October 15, 2006 03:16 PM

By the way Albert Eistein,

Arezzo is a nice city....!!! :o)))

(I hope I am not mistaken...)

Posted by: Albertina Gremlin(paola filinesi) | October 15, 2006 02:55 PM

[...somebody have to kick is ass,and I am glad is me,so Einstain what a patetic winger you are!

Posted by: evakulnura
-----
Look at this.
Hmmm... why does nobody complain about rudeness here? ]

..........................

Part of the avalanche...don’t be surprised!!!

As for the Venetian proverb, in short:

1) Every human has his faults
2) To love and not being loved is like wiping your "bottom" without having been to the toilet...

Good luck Albert Einstein (aka Chameleon)...:o)

ps.Why do I think the real Eva would have understood both of them???:o))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 02:15 PM

Posted by: evakulnura

-----

Look at this.

Hmmm... why does nobody complain about rudeness here?

Posted by: Albert Einstein | October 15, 2006 12:13 PM

evakulnura, look at how coherent you are:

You say I speak down to you. And while doing that, you're trying to speak down to me...

You say my messages lack content. Mention one of yours with some content... good luck!

You say I'm here because I'm lonely. This is talking down to people. And... it is ironic you say that, since you and all the others are here a lot more than I am...

Paola, see... how can you carry on a normal conversation with people like this?

But, eva, don't worry I have fun reading your silly comments. Coming here it's a bit like going to the zoo.

Posted by: Alan Bond | October 15, 2006 12:06 PM

Paola I like your venetian proverb,can you please tell me what:0)) means,I am bit ignorant about internet jargon,ciao

Posted by: evakulnurae | October 15, 2006 11:53 AM

Eva,
Thank you..:o))

We are all nice,that's why we are still here talking to one another!!!

"Amare senza essere amati è come pulirsi il c...o senza aver cacato" !!!

:o))))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 11:30 AM

"Albert"
(very modest I must say...) :o)

This will be my last comment on the subject since I don't believe in taking advantage of other people's patience...

I value the persons I "talk" to on this blog,and I hate it when I see them aggravated by foolish/rude comments.

"Divide et impera" will not work here!!
Either you value a person or you don't, no matter where he comes from. At best you disregard his/her comment and carry on. Convincing someone takes a lot more than simple irony...

You are a lot more fun when talking sensibly than when being A (!) Gremlin... (I do recognize the smile...!)

Last but not least my veneto quotation:

"No ghe xe farina senza sémola, nosèla senza scorza, gran senza paja e omo senza difeti."

Take care...:o)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 11:23 AM

Paola, I have to agree with, wathever name is, that you are very nice, the.......unname....speaking down on us,and our comments and lack of interesting things to say,I wonder why would somebody bother,unless as you say is a very lonely person,I think you hit the nail,I am glad I am not one'of the ones he likes,somebody have to kick is ass,and I am glad is me,so Einstain what a patetic winger you are!

Posted by: evakulnura | October 15, 2006 03:34 AM

You didn't really answer the questions.

Anyway, at least it was a sensible argument.

Rudeness here is accepted only from those who repeat the mainstream opinion. Why?
(Read evakulnura's messages...)

I am all for reasonable arguments. Do you see many here?

I have found your messages and Joselle's more interesting. Except when you try to be mean to me. (You're too nice and are not very good at being mean)

With Italians from Italy I often find it difficult to carry out a serious conversation. And only with them. (I can imagine the avalanche coming haha... oh well).

Sometimes something intersting comes up. And I also have a good laugh at reading some sillynes which people actually believe. Or even their getting upset.

Why do you get upset about a joke?

I'm gonna hit the sack now.
Ciao

PS
Do you like my nick now?
Modest huh??
:D

Posted by: Albert Einstein | October 15, 2006 02:03 AM

Just for once I am not calling you anything....
(No Gremling,no nothing because I don't know what to call you)

I am not begging you for anything...because this is not my blog.

I am just asking a clever person (which I honestly believe you are one) not to be so rude and so uncivilized towards people who are sharing their views on various matters on this blog.
You have a peculiar sense of humor which is annoying and although rarely addressed to me have ruined many interesting conversations.
I think you could have contributed a lot more if you just stated your opinion straight forward even if you get pissed off with what it's being said by many of us.
This I would find more civilized and grown up than making those stupid jokes and discriminating people that you don't even know

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:37 AM

Paola, if you wanted to correct grammar, spelling and logic, there would be a lot more than THAT!!

hahahaha

Posted by: Gremlin Filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:29 AM

Paola,

You were begging me to leave... I didn't take that as a sign you wanted to talk to me. Is that not what it means??

Anyway, you're usually quite aggressive and not very friendly. Even when my posts were just jokes that were not even addressed to you.

What's with you?

As for the nick... a name is only to be recognized. And you do recognize me anyway. So why are you arguing about the nickname??

Posted by: Gremlin Filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:24 AM

correction: whose = who's= who is

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:20 AM

Gremlin,
I've never said I didn't want to talk to you!!!
You are the one hiding behing funny names and obscene conversation....!!!!

We are obviously following the same medical treatment....because I never said it was my real name...I just said I used the SAME name for all my posts....:o)

Now it's you whose talking to me...I wander why ??? (!!!)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:17 AM

Paola,

It's funny you keep talking to me, even when I did not say anything to you... yet, you claim you don't want to talk to me...

Did you skip your medicine again! See what happens!?

PS
If I were you, I would NOT use my real name and write that stuff. Too strategic for you, huh.

Posted by: Gremlin Filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:09 AM

GREMLIN,
Thank you, I appreciate that!! :o))
Now, since I am immune and just came out of a mad house and cannot be cloned or propably not worth it... and since
now you are making sense...!!!
Take you "flies" with you and

FLY ALITALIA

ps. I've noticed you only flew to the next subject....what a shame....button up your "fly" and disappear PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE???

ps2.At least I am using the same name in all my posts you are still looking for one....!!!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 01:03 AM

Paola, I would talk to you. If only your reply ever made sense.

This is also why you are immune to cloning. Your nonsense is very difficult to replicate...

Posted by: Gremlin Filinesi | October 15, 2006 12:55 AM

The Gremlin is having a decent conversation???

Obviously it can't stand solitude...!!!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 15, 2006 12:40 AM

There are all kinds of people among the catholics. Even a few believers.

Posted by: Eugenio Voltaire | October 14, 2006 11:27 PM

Jesus died on the Cross for us.

So that we could make a ton of money by telling you about this!

Posted by: Fr. Moneyhoney | October 14, 2006 11:22 PM

The Church as an institution is as secular as any bank or political group... the teachings of Christ are in direct dichotomy with what the Church does. The teachings of the Church to us common mortals are TOTALLY different from what the Institutionalised Hierarchy of the Church does effectively.

I wonder where the REAL, true, poor, honest, CHRISTian Church is... it NEVER existed it seems... another Utopia that, because meddled by men, has gone astray and, like all pure ideals, has been shelved since its conception.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 14, 2006 11:00 PM

What's the surprise here? The Catholic Church is a large multinational whose financial wellbeing greatly overrides her spiritual concerns.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 14, 2006 07:23 PM