GilbertÚn is worse than the hole

buso_e_tacon.jpg

Through the Schemaventotto company, the Benettons want to bring a court action against the government and the Fintecna company. In 1999 they took part of the Italian motorway concession from Fintecna.
The Board of Directors has carefully evaluated the decree 262 that redefines the relationship between the State and those who manage. And it has decided that it is not happy. Gilberto Benetton is really not happy with two items in the decree.
The first is that the increase in the motorway tolls is only possible if the work that was agreed to be done is in fact carried out. The second is that motorists have the right to be reimbursed for the extra profits that result from the investment work not having been carried out.

This seems normal to me. Itís a minimum level of protection for the users. But itís not OK for GilbertÚn helped by the feisty Emma Bonino, the saintly European Union protectrix of the interests of companies (I donít understand her, Pannella wants to disconnect Welbyís tube and she wants to attach it to Benetton).
I think I have understood that the Autostrade {motorways} company has failed to carry out work to a value of 2,000,000,000 Euro. Where is this money? Why hasnít it been given back or made available?
Thatís not money belonging to GilbertÚn. I also think Iíve understood that using our motorway toll money, GilbertÚn has financed the election campaign for the parties. By taking the motorways he has given money to Forza Italia and the DS and I didnít know.

The concessionaires are managers, but the motorways belong to us. GilbertÚn is managing our stuff. Heís a modern sharecropper who doesnít look after the fields and then takes action against us. The management has passed from the State to a private company and the situation has got worse. Travelling on the motorway costs more than a low cost flight to London or Paris. GilbertÚn is worse than the hole.
If GilbertÚn takes an action against the State, then we, who are citizens and users of our motorways, can take a court action against him for not having fulfilled his obligations. Italians are not just navigators and saints they are above all motorists.
And while driving theyíve seen and are still seeing a lot of everything. I want to collect your witness statements in a dossier so that we can bring an action against this sharecropper. A road class action.

P.S. In the Venice language (Benetton is from the Venice region) there is a saying "Xe pezo el tacon del buso" that means "The patch is worse than the hole".

Comments

The solution of this problem is only one: to activate the existing link between Name and Email Address.
Very simple.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 12, 2006 06:32 PM

And Beppe who was so quick to correct the faggot screw up is doing absolutely nothing to get rid of these Clones! We now know for sure that somebody in Grillo's organization is reading our comments, so why aren't they doing something about this thorny issue?

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 12, 2006 04:47 PM

It' all right, Paola! :-))))))
I hate these Gremlins too. They are insufferable!
Nobody can be sure whom is talking with.!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 12, 2006 02:47 PM

Raffa, I am sorry if I interfered..:o(
I just didn't want anybody to annoy again...
pls excuse me...

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 12, 2006 02:38 PM

Paola, I know The Prince very well, this post is typical of him;-))))))))only a little too cryptic, but It's my fault, I'm unfortunatley out of the habit of his fertile imagination!;-))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 12, 2006 02:08 PM

Enrico,
"Eau d'ťgout"?? Excellent!!!
Sanacapŗna to the Onorevoli!!!! :o)))

Prince,
I insist,is it YOU or the Gremlin that wrote to Raffa???

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 12, 2006 12:06 AM

Prince: you didn't answer my question: what are you meaning?

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 11:00 PM

Paola: no problem! I'm not a Gremlin!

I can add a Northern Italian definition for "Parliament": "Fanigottificio".

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 10:44 PM

"La merda fŗ schei"... This applies for sure to the Onorevoli and must go into the gift basket! I would also include eau d'ťgout with the suggestion that they drink it all in one gulp!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 10:35 PM

Paola: I'm sure!:)))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 10:12 PM

Raffa,
Are you sure is Prince and not a Gremlin???

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 10:06 PM

Raffa,
You are correct...^:))

Prince and Enrico,

I think I could add (which I find very appropriate concerning our initial article):

"Togno fa la roba, el sior Antonio la gode, e el conte Antonio la magna"..!!

plus

"La merda fŗ schei"...!!!

ps.I think we should include our little collection of proverbs to the basket, together with the "Eau de Rubinette" and "Rezina"...:o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 10:02 PM

oh my God, Prince!
May be I'm out of the habit of your satirical humor (and I'm sorry about it! )but I don't understand what you mean!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 09:43 PM

Raf:
I don't understand what my spare tire has to do with the cheese you keep under your nightstand at Christmas.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 09:35 PM

I add a German saying:
Der Kluegere gibt nach: dewegen ist die Welt von der Dummheit regiert!
;-))))))
PS) Prince, may you translate?;-)))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 08:56 PM

Paola and Enrico:

Let's not forget that

"El tempo, el cul e i siori i fa quel che i vol lori"

:))))))))

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 08:51 PM

Paola: I agree. As far as Gilberton is concerned this should apply: "I cani mostra i coioni e i coioni mostra i schei".

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 07:37 PM

:o))))

Prince,
You have earned your wine (Venesiani Gran Signori!!!)

"Ogni vin fŗ alegria se'l se beve in conpagnia"

Enrico,
I agree about the tripa....yiak...
but as far as le -done veneziane- well:
" El segreto de le femene no lo sa nessun, altro che mi Ť vu e tuto 'l comun"

What I definetely know is that I am not related to Benetton...!!!

lol lol lol

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 07:26 PM

Paola: tripe trevisane? I hope not! Though I have no qualms with done veneziane....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 06:05 PM

Paola:

Padovan, meso ladro e meso can
Visentin magnagati
Venesiani Gran Signori
Veronesi Gran Dotori

and.. I don't remember the rest

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 05:39 PM

Sorry my friends but:

"Pan padovan, vini visentini, tripe trevisane e done veneziane"...

If you can come up with a better one then will talk...

:o)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 04:19 PM

Giovanni: the wines from Piemonte are kings, but like white truffles, unique of the Region and impossible to imitate.
Raffaella: Ice Wine must be as close as you can get to the Ambrosia of the gods, but unfortunately, unlike Ambrosia it doesn't confer immortality on us drinkers....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 03:04 PM

Enrico:
I always drink the excellent wines of the Horseshoe whenever I go to Hamilton and StCatharines.
Even when I was in Oakville.
My greater love are always the wines from Piemonte.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 02:03 PM

Paola: for the Italian members of Parliament is enough the "Eau de rubinette" directly from the USA!
Let's keep the other ones for us!!!!!;-))))))
Enrico: I tasted Ice wine in Germany, so called because it's made of frozen vines! It's very very good (and expensive!);-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 10:45 AM

Problem solved!!!

Since Christmas is approaching, a nice basket could be made with all this New World "goodies", plus Eva's contribution,a nice rezina wine from me (the 2lt pack enough to wash your feet too) and...TA DA... our very own special gift to the Italian members of Parliament for the Holidays!!!

What do you say???

:o)))))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 08:18 AM

Giovanni, "Eau De Rubinette" and "Spirit de Sprite"??? Come to the Golden Horseshoe to experience the great Ontario Wines from many local Vintners. And don't forget to sample the famous Ice Wine that has been winning trophies all over Europe for years!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 04:21 AM

Prince: Eau du rubinette?
worse and worse!
Spirit the sprite?
worse than ever!
;-))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 01:41 AM

Thank you Paola.
Where I live we have the typical "Eau De Rubinette" and "Spirit de Sprite".

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 01:14 AM

Prince,
A bottle of cabernet Lison-Pramaggiore for you!!!
Unless your area has to offer something better
(which of course I doubt...)
^:)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 01:02 AM

Paola:
The Gremlins can kiss my Italian rear end!

:)))))

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 10, 2006 11:10 PM

People,
Watch your language and whom you're calling (especially Prince)....Walls have ears and Gremlins might begin to reappear...:o))))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 10, 2006 10:29 PM

Raf:
The law that sends to jail anybody who smokes a joint and hypocrisy pisses me off too.

I was supposed to mention it in my previous post but I had no time.

Enrico:
The Drag queen would pair up with Wladimir Luxuria:)))))

OT: where the hell is Blisco?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 10, 2006 10:15 PM

Enrico: Don't worry!
I'm 100% immune!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 10, 2006 09:24 PM

Giovanni, the drag queen Lapo would be purrrfect!
Raffaella, it must be Rome's air that corrupts so many people with hypocrisy (Vatican in particular included). Be careful not to catch the bug!!!!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 10, 2006 09:22 PM

Prince, the problem is not if our member of Parliament make use of drugs. I am not interested in it. The problem is their hypocrisy. They are drugs consumer but, in the same time, they promulgate a law that send to jail everybody who is smoking a joint.
I'm against prohibitionism. I'm for the legalization, and I'm against hypocrisy.
That pisses me off

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 10, 2006 08:45 PM

Enrico:

Who would you send to help them?

Maradona or Lapo Elkann?

:)))))))

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 10, 2006 08:10 PM

If I were an Italian politician I would be on drugs too. How else could you survive the constant meaningless blather of your pompous ass colleagues?
The first step in reforming the Italian Political System should be the mandatory requirement that these leeches must speak the Italian language in a clear and concise manner.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 10, 2006 06:01 PM

Prince, I wrote the same on the italian blog!
That pisses me off too!
This fu...g hypocrisy!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 10, 2006 04:24 PM

Alex,
Of course we should say these things and of course we should bother!!

The Autostrade issue is one that begun in 1958 (!!!), since then quite a few governments have succeeded one another, but obviously we don't learn from our mistakes....

Our views differ because we approach the same subject from different starting points, which being parallel will never coincide.
You consider Italy doomed no matter what, I believe things could be changed with the help of a new generation of politicians and active help from the people.

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 10, 2006 04:09 PM

Now we found out why our politicians cannot function.

You know why?

BECAUSE THEY ARE F...ING DRUG ADDICTS!!!!!!!!!

1 OUT OF 3!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHY!!!!!

AND THEY WANT TO PUNISH EVERYBODY ELSE THAT USES DRUGS?

AND, IN THE NAME OF PRIVACY THEY DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO KNOW?

TOO LATE, BUDDIES!

Sorry guys but that pisses me off royally.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 10, 2006 04:04 PM

Eva, you can't give the autostrade to someone else.

Once you've sold the house, it's not yours anymore! Same with the autostrade...

Understanding mistakes past is not "the blaming game" but the only means to avoid repeating them in the future.

Well, of course, there's no future for Italy... so we might as well not bother.

Posted by: Alex | October 10, 2006 12:27 PM

This seems pass the buck,what is in the past is in the past,the blaming game won't solve the problem,let's get back the motorway,and lets give to somebody that make them works for once,enough is enough!

Posted by: evakulnura | October 10, 2006 12:16 PM

Paola,

It's not a question of political sides. It is a question of poor management of the privatizations.

Telecom Italia and Autostrade were privatized by the Center-Left government(s) before Berlusconi. They did a poor job (surprise surprise!).

Should we not say it?

The problem is also not "profit." When a government sells a company, it seeks investors who buy it. Profit is the only reason for investment.

It is abuses that need to be prevented.

There are ways to do so. As there are different ways and means to privatize. Those adopted by the Center-Left government(s) before Berlusconi produced these spectacular results with which nobody is happy. Not even Prodi!

Should we not say this?

Why??

Posted by: Alex | October 10, 2006 11:29 AM

The granting of favours to some people above others is a manoeuvre that is equal to abuse of power when not conducted with transparency. It is not the case of mere individuals who embark on shady deals. It is really a more complex scheme, political but not exclusively [often there are many personal motives behind such dealings], where a bunch of government henchmen decide some people are more equal than others and deserve favours with the intention of profiting just an elite group to the detriment of many, as always.

If, in the meantime, something in the plan fails or goes bust, the previously favoured fall into disgrace but those who had favoured them remain forever stainless. This is the price these individuals have to pay.

I personally think that, since they agreed to dive in the mire, then let them have it! I heard the expression "cornuti e contenti" and this is the position of these privileged beings. You wanted the bicycle, now go on pedalling!

Which is why politics and power [and its abuse] play dirty. They only aim at gain and profit. The rise and fall of someone is NOT important. Mind you, this is not exclusive to Italy; it happens everywhere. The same thing happened recently with HP's Chairperson and CEO in the USA, where scapegoats are often needed to cover up someone else's screw ups.

Stability, honesty and integrity are as remote as the possibility of ever seeing a cow jump over the moon.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 10, 2006 10:35 AM

Alex,
Do you honestly believe that when profit is concerned political "sides" have anything to do with it??

We could all name more than a hundred "suspicious cases" under any government any time, anywhere...;
And of course,standard procedure is: "Blame it on the previous government...We found chaos...We need time to correct things..." !!!

It's just the price that each individual government pays for being on the lead each time...

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 10, 2006 08:52 AM

Blaming the Tronchettis, the Benettons and the rest is a good sport.Who would raise a finger to defend them? Well, certainly not me.

But it is not correct to blame them alone.

It is the way in which privatizations were made that exacerbated the problems of "Italian capitalism." And it is the Center-Left goverment(s) before Berlusconi that bear responsibility for this.

Posted by: Alex | October 10, 2006 01:21 AM

Prince...You are right...I think I heard a shot!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL :o))))))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 9, 2006 09:42 PM

Prince, last week I visited our common friend The Fox, and I landed at Orio al Serio airport.
I agree with you, Benetton must drive the Bergamo motorway to understand what he has to do. (2 hours between Bergamo and Como)
;-))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 9, 2006 09:39 PM

Paola: That applies only for the people that respect exit signs:))))))

Mr. Benetton should drive twice a day for one month on the A4 between Bergamo and Milano to learn how to make the motorway better.

If he will not shoot himself he will learn.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 9, 2006 09:32 PM

Benetton will MOST PROPABLY IF NOT CERTAINLY... get his money back.!!!
Motorists will get better serviced Autostrade (because that's why their money was paid in the first place,vero???(!!!)
And so :
"Tuti quanti semo mati par chel buso ca semo nati"....
(excuse my language...):o))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 9, 2006 09:00 PM

I don't think that the motorists will never get their money back, how could it happen? May be only the ones who kept all the toll receipts for years, and only when each of them will bring a suit against Benetton (don't forget, we haven't the Class Action in Italy!!!)
Anyway, I hope that Benetton will lose the case!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 9, 2006 07:47 PM

I think it's right to ask for money back in case it has not been invested yet.

And this Benetton guy should be the first to know that if he puts money in something he is supposed to get and he doesn't get it, he should have his money back.

I think that the same should be applied in the Autostrade case.

In case Justice will favor him, it will show that the Italians are being held like animals in a cage which gets beaten and insulted every day, while giving their blood.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 9, 2006 06:45 PM

OK guys, here I come in to give some linguistic advice, LOL! By the way, whilst the word faggot derives from English, it is used more in American English. Consider that there are words still in use in AmEng which are no longer used in modern English. The word faggot is used as a pejorative term, or insult, for homosexuals.

Queer is used in the UK, as Paola said, as is the word gay. The word queer [strange because out of the norm] has a less insulting impact, just a little...

Fag is also a cigarette. Fag is shortened from the word faggot as used in the times of Reformation and Restoration. Faggots were lighted torches that accompanied heretics/witches to the pyre and were thrown into the stacks to burn them. Hence the abbreviation fag for cigarette since it is similar to a lighted torch [and smoking kills too, LOL!!!].

............................

Now, back to this topic. I still believe that the companies that suck the life and blood of the state ought to be dismantled. Why should we keep paying for these shady characters?

......................................

PS.
I heard that saying while in Veneto last summer, I even started learning some of the dialect. [After 2 months there it starts getting more familiar] and I know that "buso" is really a hole in Veneto. So, I guess, the new translation has resolved the queer hole problem, LOL!.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 9, 2006 05:28 PM

Well, faggot as a derogatory term is kinda nasty, but it seems that political correctness is another case of Xe pezo el tacon del buso..

Political correctness does little to fix the problems it covers up, and does nothing to cure the social ills that non politically correct words bring into the light.

Political correctness is the antithesis of communication.

Nick

My little off topic rant.

As for The autostrade, does anyone really believe that companies brought up suckling on the state's tit would freely give up their free house and board?

Posted by: Nick W | October 9, 2006 04:38 PM

Paola, I'm sure faggot is a very recognisable word in England also. Joselle, we need your help here!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 9, 2006 04:18 PM

I came too late, I didn't read the old translation, but I think if they translated "buso" with "faggot" is because "buso" or "busone" it's a depreciative dialect word for omosexual, even if in the context of this title the right meaning of "buso" would be "buco"= hole.
As Enrico said, this is a case of very bad translation.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 9, 2006 04:09 PM

OT OT OT
(since the title has been changed...which also means that they still read our posts but choose not answer when we complain about intruders...)!!

Enrico correction (!!!)...Not Modern English but
American Canadian and Australian English....:o)))
In the UK the word "queer" is still used and
"fag" means " a cigarette"...lol lol

(right Joselle???)

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 9, 2006 03:15 PM

I guess we made an impression... The mistake has been rectified.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 9, 2006 02:47 PM

Eva, with all due respect, in today's English language the word Faggot in 99.99999% of cases is used to insult homosexuals. This is a case of very bad translation, plain and simple.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 9, 2006 02:35 PM

also faggot means ,vote manufactured by transferring sufficient property to unqualified person,wich I think is the closer to what the translator means ,if we like to be politically correct,by the way got lots of gay friends I am not taking side ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | October 9, 2006 01:34 PM

If we like to be correct a "faggot" is a piece of wood,as hard as Benetton head if he can understand a simple thing,that the motorway belong to us,full stop,I do not think the translator is offending anybody,we should always start from the point that people mean well,we would have less misunderstanding and less war,ciao:-))

Posted by: evakulnurae | October 9, 2006 01:18 PM

This faggot analogy makes no sense at all. On the Italian Blog the word used is Buso that, according to the Devoto Dictionary, signifies "sciocco o inefficace". Not that I'm trying to defend the greedy Gilberton, but this time you've screwed up big time. Beppe get an English Dictionary!!!!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 9, 2006 01:16 PM

Hi! I am just wondering about the skills of your translator from Italian into English. I would like to hope that this person is not aware that faggot is not the equivalent of ďbusoĒ but is more like ďfrocioĒ or ďrecchioneĒ and, as such, a deeply offensive insult in the English language. I know that being politically correct is boring but I donít think you should get away with this kind of homophobic language.

Posted by: Gianluca Cosci | October 9, 2006 11:32 AM