Going beyond a simple No!

Chico.jpg

Yes and No. Yes is positive. No is negative. Yes is the green light. No is the red one. Yes is the future. No is the past perfect. The media are always on the side of “Yes”. The politicians are always on the side of “Yes”. The filibustering financiers of the Colf-industria {combination of domestics and the employers association} are always on the side of “Yes”. Benettontronchettigeronzicimoliscaroni always say yes.
Enthused by the positive balance in their current account. Yes!
They are all on the side of progress. Of incinerators, of the privatization of water, motorways, communications, nuclear power stations, tunnels to keep us in Europe and the bridge to join up Sicily back to the Mother Country, of the Biagi Law, of externalizing, of rationalizing. They sprinkle optimism, joy and lots and lots, but never enough, of disapproval for those who say No.
No is provincial, infantile, associated with those who haven’t yet understood, typical of those who have a garden and no place to park their car. Of the Nimby, the No-Global, of those who are extremists with respect to those who are in the middle. Of the Valsusini, the No-Tav, No-Tac, No-Car-Parks, No-Smog, No-Cars, No-Consuming, No-Pollution.
All trash who are financially useless. Damaging for business. Damaging for alliances. And alliances are always positive for those who are making money.
Salvador Alemany Mas, the CEO of Abertis has a name that reminds me of Chico: Cico Felipe Cayetano Lopez Martinez y Gonzales, and he knows lots about Zagor. After the political about-turn, Zapatero (active)-Prodi (passive), declared: “The problem is the tariff system, not the investments.”
Yes to the increase of the tolls, Yes to the shares that take flight in the Stock Exchange. There you go. This sentence is revealing. The investments are always the responsibility of the retrogrades that say No. And the road tolls flow into the coffers of the knights saying Yes. The “No” camp doesn’t want to give in. The “Yes” camp always want to go ahead. This polarization needs to be inverted. A simple No is no longer enough. We need to go beyond that. And we need to learn to say: “Yes: fxxk off.”

PS: I want to remember Andrea Parodi of Tazenda, a friend who has left us.

Comments

Prince: not bad at all. It is no accident that you are The Prince!
;-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 02:19 PM

Raf:
I just wrote what I wrote out of my gut.
I didn't know all those things that you mentioned.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Sorry to interrupt the Banjo solos.......:)))))

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 19, 2006 01:55 PM

According with the psychoanalyst C.G.Jung the individuation process beginnt from the birth, in which the individual comes for the first time into contact with the external reality, and ends with the realization of self, the moment in which conscious, individual and collective unconscious, and archetypical world integrate themselves in the intimate singularity of each individual.
To come to this full integration we need to go through the differentiation phase; it means that we need boundaries (and to say NO) in order to gain the necessary consciousness to make the next step and become a complete person.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 01:27 PM

No is very good for boundary,with some people there is not need to say no or to have boundary, with others there is the need to have both,and I think is very healthy,ciao :-))

Posted by: evakulnura | October 19, 2006 11:55 AM

My God, Banjo Petterson, I was talking about Shostakovich'and Van Gogh and you about current accounts... what a lack of harmony between us!
;-)))))))))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 11:36 AM

Raffaella

The Zanichelli dictionary is incorrect and it's not the first time I've seen translations from the dictionary that are wrong - it contains many errors.

Posted by: Banjo Patterson | October 19, 2006 10:54 AM

...sorry, I posted befor the time...
...correspondence and sense of belonging, otherwise we couldn't survive as species.
At the same time we need the world NO because that help us to differentiate ourselves as individuals.
The endless struggle in our inner world between the need of belonging and the need of differentiation make us the imperfect but wonderful creatures we are.
The same mechanism allows us to catch the underlying theme between Shostakovich's Symphonies and Van Gogh's painting....

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 10:52 AM

I beg to differ.

BANK ACCOUNT is the generic term used for any type of transaction account(savings, cheque etc) held by any individual, entity, organisation or company in a bank.

CURRENT ACCOUNT is the net flow of current transactions, including goods, services, and interest payments, between countries.

Posted by: Banjo Patterson | October 19, 2006 10:44 AM

Prince: your post is very good.
What are you talking about come from the "gestalt theory" (even if you don't know it), whihch says that there is a sort of harmony and correspondence between the different aspects and mental representations in the whole universe. This innate corespondence allows us to understand the universe itself.
So the sound YES generate a better image than the sound NO, and the reason of this is that people are always and forever looking for correspondence and

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 10:36 AM

YES Enrico,only if you dress ad Madame Lash,including 15 inch stiletto heels,ciao :-)))

Posted by: evakulnura | October 19, 2006 09:12 AM

But in sex how beautiful is her participation with an unconditional YES!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 19, 2006 04:07 AM

The word NO has a sinister sound.

The wors YES is more apt for the ear.

Maybe some people feel insecure and they constantly need to be assured by the sweet affirmative sound.

We can also try to make an experiment of "Cimatica" (I don't know the English term) where the sound waves are analized and converted in images.

I bet the sound of YES would generate a more pleasurable image than the sound of NO.

Going back to the topic, the world must coexist with the sound of NO because it would be like an environment without any counterpart which will destroy the discernment in everybody.

Learn to say NO and start the gears in your brain!

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 19, 2006 01:45 AM

No and Yes are two very strong words equaly important...

We do use them all day but if we go back and remember, we'll see that we did really mean them only very few times in our lives;
and then we didn't really have to shout or anything....just said them and the message went through!

ps.The translation was corrent right from the start:
Bank account is a Conto Bancario (could be a savings account usually with interest,could be any type of account)
Currente Account is a Conto Corrente (usually a business account with no interest-with exeptions of cource...:o))

ps2.Esperanto is not one of the languages spoken on this blog...

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 19, 2006 12:53 AM

Joselle, from Zanichelli dictionary: conto corrente=current account (check account in USA),conto bancario= bank account.
I don't know the difference between them, but I know that my bank account (or current account) is always in red! ;-)))))))(LOL LOL LOL)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 19, 2006 12:07 AM

YES men are boot lickers. Some do not have the guts to go against the current - instead they dive furthermore in the muck, so to speak. We are sick and tired of such characters. The world is rife with them.

_____________________________________________

On another note, I am sure Mr. Patterson knows that the term "Current Account" exists in banking: I have seen it being used on many pamphlets and correspondence of NatWest, Lombard, Lloyds, TSB, etc. It is not a savings account though but, rather, a Currency Account [hence the etymology of current account] and often is associated with the issuing of cheques. Often it also called Cheque Account [Check Account in the US]. I think Grillo's translator should have used savings account in his translation.

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 18, 2006 11:52 PM

kaj ima novo? blog ti valjda nije loš.

Posted by: zrinka kovačević | October 18, 2006 08:24 PM

I often say NO if I don't like something, or if I don't agree with somebody, but I said NO once to my former boss, and that costed me the career. It was a NO without appeal, a firm, resolute NO.
When I think back on this NO I'm very proud of myself.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 18, 2006 07:46 PM

My boss appreciates me because sometimes I say NO.

I always reply that in order to say NO, you have to take a look at everything, use your head and then say if you agree or not, without spitting an anutomatic YES just to pleasure everybody else.

Therefore, the YES men are impaired to use their brain.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 18, 2006 07:00 PM

To the person translating; conto corrente is bank account not current account.

Posted by: Banjo Patterson | October 18, 2006 05:41 PM

"They sprinkle optimism, joy and lots and lots, but never enough, of disapproval for those who say No."
The YES crowd is the equivalent of metastasized cancer cells: they are gobbling up and rapidly depleting the planet limited resources. We might already be terminally ill and beyond the point of no return. Enjoy the party as long as it lasts.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 18, 2006 05:09 PM

Hi Beppe, this morning I had the chance to watch the italian news (telegirnale di raiuno), most of the news were about the train accident in Rome. At one stage someone was giving an interview , he sounded like an expert, someone who new a lot about Rome's metro'.Well, when asked why the train did not stop at the red light he simply said that the driver does not have to stop at the red light as long as he is careful.I haven't been in Italy for a long time, but why things don't change? why people do not respect the laws? why people still go with a red light? and why has it become normal and acceptable to do that? please Beppe tell me WHY?.....

Posted by: G.M. | October 18, 2006 02:44 PM