My drug is called Tamara

mucca_Tamara_con_delfino.jpg

Iíve received this dramatic letter that Iím publishing here.

ďDear Signor Grillo,

Iím writing to you because I know that you are concerned about the problems of 2-legged and 4-legged animals. Iím called Tamara and Iím a buffalo of Campania. For some time now Iíve noticed a strange taste in the feed, and strange digestive reactions in my colleagues.
For example, my friend Sofronia, after each meal, produces 13 litres of milk singing 'Ricominciamo' by Pappalardo.
The buffalo Camilla uses alfalfa to roll herself a joint thatís a metre and a half long. The buffalo Armida has had a tattoo of a marijuana leaf done on one thigh and on the other a portrait of Gasparri
Finally buffalo Mary, in an abstinence crisis, ate a plastic container and instead of milk has sprayed out more than 600 mozzarellas already packaged with the appropriate ďuse byĒ date.
TotÚ oípushero, our herdsman, says itís not true. That they were only tiny doses of hashish in the hay. But I can assure you that theyíve been drugging us for years. Some of us at night go off to look for jimson weed and hallucinatory mushrooms in the meadows. Others watch Bonolis. Our life has been devastated.
But apart from the damage thereís the insult. Iíve read in the newspapers that one in three Italian politicians takes drugs. Well straight away, the members of the Lower and Upper Houses said that it was all our fault. Since it is well known that this is a Parliament of gourmands, after a sitting, everyone rushed off to stuff themselves on mozzarella of buffalo in the restaurants of Rome, and without knowing it they became drugged by the mozzarellas.
Well no. Itís enough just to look at them. Observe the crossed eyes of Calderoli, the trembling of the moustache of DíAlema, the drooping eye of Bondi, the twitching lip of Gasparri, the jitters of Cicchitto, the hyper-excitability of Rutelli, the far-away look of Fini, the double-visions of Prodi, the no-longer-human-look of Silvio.
Here the mozzarella has nothing to do with it. Here we are not talking about ďmoderate quantitiesĒ. We donít know what monstrous types of drugs are in circulation in the Italian Parliament but itís got nothing to do with us. And if they tell you that itís not true. Itís a buffalo.Ē

Text by Stefano Benni, il lupo.

Comments

good morning everybody,

i found your conversation very interesting, so i have a question for you.
but first a few statements.

1)alcohol is a drug with a wich can have a mortal dose.
2)you can get stuck to alcohol, and therefore become an addict.
3)statistically about 130.000 people die from alcohol abuse each year.
4)i still must check the exact social costs, but it's a catastrophy...
5)therefore alcohol is a heavy drug.
6)alcohol is free to be sold.

so my question is : where is the point of discussing drug use when the only light drug which

1)does not have a mortal dose (well...there is a mortal dose, 40.000 joints high in thc in 15 minutes)
2)does not create physical addiction
3)has no death statistics
4)can be used for treatment
is still illegal?

Posted by: cesare mario oliva | July 18, 2008 11:33 AM

good morning everybody,

i found your conversation very interesting, so i have a question for you.
but first a few statements.

1)alcohol is a drug with a wich can have a mortal dose.
2)you can get stuck to alcohol, and therefore become an addict.
3)statistically about 130.000 people die from alcohol abuse each year.
4)i still must check the exact social costs, but it's a catastrophy...
5)therefore alcohol is a heavy drug.
6)alcohol is free to be sold.

2)does not create physical addiction
3)has no death statistics
4)could be used as medicine

is still illegal?

Posted by: cesare mario oliva | July 18, 2008 11:32 AM

grande Beppe!!! Ti ho sentito su Radio Repubblica!! Sei stato fantastico!!

Posted by: Giorgio | October 12, 2006 04:17 PM

grande Beppe!!! Ti ho sentito su Radio Repubblica!!

Posted by: Giorgio | October 12, 2006 04:17 PM

The only thing that bugs me about this is the hypocrisy, I personally have no problem with people using drugs in their own homes, where they won't run the risk of harming someone else (like driving under the influence). Please though, don't tell me that I'm not responsible enough to smoke a flower when you do the same thing in secret, while denouncing it in public.

Pick a side, pro decriminalization or anti, just don't enjoy something while denying it to the rest of us.

Posted by: Nick W | October 12, 2006 11:38 AM

I do not know much about the subject,I am bit naive, I thought they(ministers)were drinking the funny waters like the people in the italian side of the blog,well if they are into drugs it seems from the results they are not taking the right ones,they should be on a coktails of prozac and ecstasy, and maybe finally been happy,they will make betters laws, I drank glass of red wine can you tell? I am not use to drink,go to sleep straight away, see you tomorrow........:-))

Posted by: evakulnura | October 12, 2006 10:24 AM

Very funny indeed Flavian... keep those 128 jobs to yourself, dear.

..........................................

Now, to get back to the issue, I was wondering... if we are getting these laws and regulations when our Ministers are under the effect of drugs, [it should be a good feeling having a trip, LOL!!] and, let's face it, most of 'em laws are bad already as things are, what are we to expect if they do not drug themselves????

Poor mites, 'em Ministers, with such a hallucinating situation, no wonder they need 'em drugs, no matter how much The Verve may have sung "The Drugs Don't Work"... perhaps they had an expiry date!!!

Posted by: Joselle Camilleri | October 12, 2006 09:46 AM

Thank you Flavian,but I am sorry to say this is all Greek... to me !!!!

^:/

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 12, 2006 08:53 AM

I think common sense will always prevail in a contest with real freedom.
www.job128.com

Posted by: flavian john | October 12, 2006 08:02 AM

Hello.i am a member from a human resource company
have a look at
www.job128.com
you may interest it

Posted by: flavian john | October 12, 2006 08:00 AM

Enrico & Raf:
In today's world is only possible to make up your mind and use whatever freedom we can.
I always feel blessed because at least I can fully enjoy what other people takes for granted.
I've been in other countries where a lot of stuff we do every day is forbidden or rendered impossible because of some assholish dictator.

We can always dream what we would do in a different world and until we have that dream we feel special because we still have the skill to imagine what we need and paint the picture for the next generation.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 12, 2006 01:25 AM

I have read that this case was made public by
"La Iena" and it's going to be shown on "Italia 1", one of Berlusconi's TV channels.
I am not doubting the lab test results but there is no way I could avoid asking a few questions...
1)Is Drug abuse happening for the first time and not during Berlusconiís government??? (!!!)
2) Out of 50, 12 were found positive for hashish and 4 for cocaine, so what now???
3) Should we consider this a scandal or what??
4) Am I right to be confused or not???...!:)))

Posted by: paola filinesi | October 11, 2006 11:50 PM

I agree with Enrico. Freedom doesn't exist in most countries in the world.
Don't forget what Erich Fromm wrote: Escape from freedom.
It's the title of a famous Fromm's book, and means that people are afraid to be free, because freedom means own responsability, instead to lay the blame on somebody else.
Everybody says he wants to be free, but only a few of us are ready to pay the price for freedom, namely to assume full responsibility for our actions.
If you live in a free world, you cannot say :"It's not my fault, I was forced to do it!" because nobody will force you to do anything, you are free to choose and to mistake.
:-)

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 11:13 PM

Giovanni, freedom is a meaningless word in most Countries. Is there any real freedom in a USA with the Patriot Act, Torture legislation, Guantanamo, Foreign Rendition etc...??

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | October 11, 2006 10:51 PM

Jaap Helsen:
I think common sense will always prevail in a contest with real freedom.

I personally think that Freedom in Italy became a word without any meaning.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 10:41 PM

eheheheheheh, Prince, thank you;)))))))
PS) Better donkey than horse! (lol lol lol);-)))))))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 09:36 PM

Raf: You are really improving.
That means you are less of a donkey (seen in the Italian way)

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 09:33 PM

PS) I make more and more typing mistakes when I write in English, that's a good sign! It means that I'm improving my English! Isn't it, Prince? ;)))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 09:26 PM

Prince, nothing against you friend Gino, but I would rather say I hope they will cut the members of parliament's shit whit prussic acid, because they are guilty if the junkie must steal radios while they are doing undisturbed their own business!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | October 11, 2006 09:01 PM

It was European Union election time, again. So, an Italian politician decided to leave his comfortable office in Brussels and go to the Alpine mountain region to gather support from the locals. They were all assembled in the Council Hall to hear the speech.

The politician had worked up to his finale, and the crowd was getting more and more excited. "I promise better education opportunities for our citizens!"

The crowd went wild, shouting, "Hoya! Hoya!"

The politician was a bit puzzled by the word and assumed it was the local dialect, but was encouraged by their enthusiasm. "I promise transport reforms to allow you to participate in the growth of trade."

"Hoya! Hoya!" cried the crowd, stomping their feet.

"I promise more social reforms and job opportunities for all of you!"

The crowd reached a frenzied pitch shouting, "Hoya! Hoya! Hoya!"

After the speech, the politician was touring the area and saw a large herd of buffaloes. Since he had spent the past 5 years in Brussels on the Agricultural Affairs committee he thought it would be extra publicity for him to be seen with the cattle, and so, he asked the Mayor if he could get closer to take a look at the animals.

"Sure," the Mayor said, "but be careful not to put your foot in the hoya."

Posted by: Aidan Smyth | October 11, 2006 07:42 PM

This has also been on Dutch national television.
It's hard to decide now which country is more moral. Italy, which has criminals for politicians who regularly drug themselves, or Holland, the country of liberty, which meant it is not legally going to bar a pedophile party (they didnt make it to the elections though, not enough support).

Posted by: Jaap Helsen | October 11, 2006 07:27 PM

I have to look out now!

If I go to the restaurant to eat a pizza and I drive home I better not be stopped by the cops, otherwise they will put me in the klink as a drug addict!

What about Bush, ThePope, Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Il?
Do they get it pure?

I end this with a comment that my brotherly friend Gino said when somebody stole the radio from his car, thinking it was a junkie: "I hope they will cut his shit with the Prussic Acid".

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | October 11, 2006 06:56 PM