The effects of Bureaucracy

effetti_della_burocrazia.jpg

In Italy we have enormous databases that are distributed everywhere. Databases translated into Italian mean enormous piles of paper documents. Archived or more commonly, placed conveniently on the ground. Within easy reach of the office worker.
The databases are strictly personal. Every administration has its own and protects it from access by others. It doesn’t share it with anyone. It has to be said, there’s the exception of the of-the-rails secret services. But that of course is an exception.
And more than anything, it’s relevant to Prodi. If an item of data that relates to us can be duplicated, triplicated, multiplied by a number of public administrations, this will happen.
And, every time, we’ll be asked for it by the Town Hall, the Region, the Tax collecting agency, by the town agencies, by the Province. Always the same.
This is where the problem arises for those of us who are less precise.
The problem of getting in a muddle and contradicting ourselves. And then to finish up with problems. But perhaps this is the true purpose of all this checking. To show up the citizen in error. And to punish them with sanctions. It’s an attitude that causes a crisis of identity. Am I me?
And my dependent child is he still called Giovanni just as he was last year? And the number of my house, has it increased? Questions that need constant attention on the part of the citizen. No distraction is allowed.
The penalty is the collapse of the house, the turning off of public services, interest on lat payments, the increase of taxes.
I propose the setting up of a Ministry for Relating to Citizens. That it is the only one to talk to us.
That it asks things with courtesy. That it explains the reasons. And if it doesn’t know the reasons, that we can “mandare a FU....FF”!
This Ministry will have the task of connecting the different administration to establish the information about each citizen. It’ll cost us something, but would you like to get the satisfaction…
In the meantime, if we are asked for information that is already in the possession of the public administration, let’s write down the address of the body where that information is already present. With an added bit: YOU ARE USELESS! RESET!

Comments

ciao beppe tu non mi conosdci ma non importa.sei ancora sposato o insieme a parvin?
un abbraccio a tutti e due .
p.s. mi piacerebbe comunicare con parvin, sono circa 40 anni che non lam vedo

Posted by: giovanna pellegrino | April 8, 2008 05:54 PM

Hello!!!! I like so much your page its interesting and diferent!!!! I recommend visit
10/325 - Vicoprofen - Lortab- Tylenol #3- - Ativan
All Major Medications are available right here at: http://www.10-325.com

Posted by: protonix | January 10, 2007 06:44 PM

the Internet up to the end

Posted by: jamo | November 8, 2006 09:59 AM

Matteo I have a problem with advertising youtube,on this blog,a group of teenage boys filmed themself allegedly attacking a 17 old girl,then distributed the footage via YouTube,and similar networking sites ,I know this becouse I read in the paper and this make me wery wery angry,for two reason,fist for the act,second becouse YouTube showed the footage,this will have other idiots to so the same,what kind of sick society we live in that need to see this s...t?!and YouTube if had litle integrity would never show this kind of footage? after this I hope you think twice before giving your support to such site

Posted by: evakulnura | November 7, 2006 12:09 AM

Ma questo se tu Beppe????????????

Con Chico Buarque e Edu Lobo???
Non ci posso credere.

Matteo

Posted by: Matteo Perra | November 5, 2006 02:36 AM

Grillo

You should have asked me before using my picture here!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | November 5, 2006 01:30 AM

I forgot to mention the most typical example...

Change your passport to comply with new EU regulations...!!!

Then we can have a nice conversation with lots of stories to tell one another...:o))

Posted by: paoal filinesi | November 4, 2006 06:32 PM

I am currently in France. Example from here: refund of ticket for conference; first visit in the secretary room we make a copy of ticket and bank account. After three days next visit, we make a copy of passport (I really forgot about it) but... I just opened the door to leave and I hear: "- I will need a copy of your ticket too!", "- You have it! We did it three day ago!", "- Maybe !? Let's do it again to be SURE". Wecome in european officialsm :))

Posted by: michal olech | November 4, 2006 01:58 PM

To interfere with Public servants would be to change a county's structure...
If a computerized system is introduced in the Public Administration it would mean that the number of public servants should have to be reduced dramatically.
Now, no matter how much we complain, when the majority of the middle class population are public servants and bank employees how many do you think would be willing to change the system???

Posted by: paola filinesi | November 4, 2006 10:28 AM

It sounds like there is a lack of centralization - why should the databases be separate? The databases that hold this information need to be centralized, offsite, and data should only be retreivable via encrypted means, to make sure the information is secured by whatever government or civic entity is looking for it.

Posted by: Charles Terenzio | November 3, 2006 11:29 PM

I head just hurt, thinking about last time I was at "ufficio di collocamento",it was long, tedious, and preistoric,everything was written by hand,I could not believe it,that was 14 years ago,and I hope that by now things have inprove,please say so!!!!

Posted by: evakulnura | November 3, 2006 11:05 PM

According with the italian law (Legge 241/90), the public administration can't ask the citizens for documents which are already in possession of the administration itself or of another public administration.
Italy is the country of beautiful laws that will never completely enforced.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | November 3, 2006 04:05 PM