Phantom children

bambini_fantasma.jpg

Children disappear. They vanish like phantoms. And at times they don’t come back. In the year up to 6 December 2006 1,687 minors (one thousand six hundred and eighty seven ) “are still to be searched for” ” in Italy according to the Central Anti-crime Police Unit.
385 (three hundred and eighty five) are between the ages of 0 and 10 years old and 107 of these are Italian (compared to 52 last year) and 278 foreign. This is a phenomenon (a business?) that has been growing constantly since 2004.
And the Christmas period has yet to come. Instead of Father Christmas there will be the Christmas Ogre. Instead of bringing you a tricycle, he’ll take away one of your kidneys.
I read the statistics and the denunciation letters that I receive and I don’t understand. Children are sacred. Well then why do the media only talk about them in a few cases? Why are politics not moving on the issue?
When you see a lone child asking for charity, don’t turn away. Call the police, the Carabinieri, the town police. These numbers are shocking, even though “about 80% of those children who ‘disappear’ are in the category of those who have gone off voluntarily or who have been sent away by their parents”.
I can’t believe this. Help me. Does this data need interpreting? The initial reaction is one of refusal.

Italy is not all equal
. In 2006 there were the most lost children in Lazio (454), in Lombardy (205) and in Veneto (194). One in Molise, none in Valle d’Aosta. Giuliano Amato, Minister of the Interior, is in charge of this issue and certainly he is already working on this. A message from us via email will be a stimulous for him. A reply from him to the Blog may not calm us down but it will be an important signal.
Happy Christmas children.

Comments

Eva,

(FYI: Prof. Mill and I are two different people.)

I am baffled by the fact that you people are not able to answer even a simple question in a logical way.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 25, 2006 01:10 AM

Dave I like you better when you are prof,J.S.Mill,at least he has a better sense of humor,John, Dave is up to himself,do not lissen to him.ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | December 25, 2006 12:48 AM

evakulnura

Eva says that "it is not possible to reason" with me.

But, Eva, what answer would you expect?

Look at your message:

You start with sarcasm about some personality disorder you imply that I have. This opening would hardly capture anyone's goodwill.

Then, you tell me I need a doctor and a girlfriend. Ok, good. You're trying to reason, right?

You go on by talking about sex, having kids, Beppe Grillo, Kulnura is Aboriginal, then you try to insult me some more, then tell me to put it on my resume...

And, finally, you conclude by wishing me a merry lonely Christmas! Well, thank you!

To be honest, if this is what you consider reasoning, you're right--I am not able to give you an answer that fits this pattern of reasoning.

But, please, can you give me an example of what you would reply to a message like the one you posted for me?

Really, I am not being sarcastic or provocative. I am just curious.

In the meanwhile, have a merry Christmas.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 24, 2006 01:19 PM

Dave or wherewer ,is not possible to reason with you....

Posted by: evakulnura | December 23, 2006 11:16 PM

evakulnura:

You're one of those rare cases where it is safe to expect prayers to go further than reason.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 23, 2006 09:21 AM

Having an attack of multiple personality disorder?anyway,I will pray that you find a god doctor,even better a girfriend,with who you can have plenty of sex,get married and have couple of kids,,and then welcome to everybody life,and hopefully by then having kids you will understand what love is all about,and been a parent,you will want to provide a better world for your kids,a world where are free to come and going without the fear of all the things mention by Beppe in his post,and by then lucky for us you will stop all this nonsense,by the way Kulnura is Aboriginal means "place in the sky"but I forgot you are too clever to know this,I suggest you put into your CV,anyway have a good Christmas ,hope you got somebody to spent Christmas with,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | December 23, 2006 07:20 AM

Joe,

You're right but, to tell you the truth, I don't really care if my messages get cut... :P

Fortunately, I don't ever see people such as these in real life. So, coming here is something like going on a safari...hahaha!

Besides, from my experience, in Italy reason and competence are hardly ever welcome... and so it is here on this blog. No big surprise.

Beppe is a fine "magic flute" player...

I read you're planning to leave Italy for good. Wise decision and--if I may add--you'd better hurry. I am originally from there but spent quite some time there recently. Not looking good.

Just make sure you don't move next door to any of these characters here... hahaha!!! Imagine you moved half way around the world and ended up having Mr. E.Rossi from Canada as your neighbor!?! Now that would be a bad twist of fate!!! hahaha!!! (Well, for both of you, I suppose...) :D

Hey, talk to you later!

Dave/Jefferson

Posted by: Jefferson D'Arcy | December 22, 2006 11:49 PM

JEFFERSON D'ARCY

Joe,

She used to spew insults left and right. Of course, getting the approval of all those highly intelligent individuals whom you and I have had the pleasure to encounter here.

Those same highly intelligent individuals who complain about abusive language at the end of messages full of insults!

Posted by: Jefferson D'Arcy | December 22, 2006 05:50 PM

Hi Dave,
you are absolutely RIGHT!!

The only difference is that Mr Grillo's staff is used to cutting our messages only, even here in the English version where there are usually no more than 5-6 bloggers per room:it's quite worrying, isn't it?

Yesterday I realised that they cut 2 messages written by Mr DAVE MATTHES in the previous room of this one, whereas today I suffered the same treatment in this room with regard to my post addressed to Ms EVAKULNURA which I reposted again: have you ever realized it before?

MAY GOD BLESS YOU and FUCK for good bloody COMMUNISTS censors of Mr Grillo's staff

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Prof John Stuart Mill

P.S. Where are you from???

Posted by: Prof John Stuart Mill | December 22, 2006 10:27 PM

EVAKULNURA's line of thinking

Guys I scroll trought ,the prof puff he is just a waist of time.

Posted by: evakulnura | December 15, 2006 06:05 AM

My dearest (foolish) Ms (or Mrs??) Evakulnura (real SURNAME,right??),

Just a few notes to remind you that the English language is not an opinion...

he is just a waist of time.(Evakulnura copyright)

Prof John Stuart Mill's correction: it's just a WASTE of time

Your English is getting worse...what's up with you, babe?

As you can see it's not a waste of time talking to me...you can improve your English for free and at the same time I can make a fool of you every time you post ludicrous messages such as this one...

So don't let this big and unique opportunity slip away...

Cheer up honey!!!

With love and sympathy for your poor English and little brain (hope you are at least sexy and charming otherwise it would be a complete disaster,wouldn't it??).

Prof John Stuart Mill

Posted by: Prof John Stuart Mill | December 22, 2006 10:11 PM

Joe,

Posted by: Jefferson D'Arcy | December 22, 2006 05:50 PM

Joe,

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 22, 2006 05:49 PM

giovanni...........BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIINNNGGGG

Posted by: evakulnura | December 22, 2006 06:13 AM

I confess. I am the OFFICIAL SNERT also known as Prof. Mill and thousands other fictitious names. I admit that I am affected by this uncontrollable and senseless Internet diarrhea, a condition that is terminal because Web Dehydration will eventually cause my demise. So get ready with the Champagne to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Giovanni Vestri | December 21, 2006 04:16 AM

Charles, from his messages I gather that Enrico Rossi hates Americans and is a fervent communist.

Be wary of his support.

Posted by: Nancy Fiorito | December 21, 2006 02:51 AM

And you are trying so hard to prove that you are the SNERT (Sexually Needy, Emotionally Repressed Troll) that from now on I promise to call you the
SNERT only the SNERT!!!

Posted by: paola filinesi

_____________________________________

NO! REALLY!?

...so what?!?? Where you live, do people really care about what YOU call them!??

I bet they do not care what you say. Or whether you are even alive!!

hahahahahaha!!!!

Go ahead, call me SNERT, you old FART!

hahahahahahhaa!!!!!!!

:DDDDD

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 21, 2006 02:06 AM

Mr. Enrico Rossi complains about "abusing language".

Then concludes his message with an INSULT!

Go figure his logic!

Posted by: Mark Sterling | December 21, 2006 02:03 AM

Paola Filinesi:

You want a logical conversation? Good.

You claim we are all sexually needy. Where exactly do you find an indication of that?

Posted by: Mark Sterling | December 21, 2006 02:00 AM

SNERT only the SNERT!!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | December 21, 2006 01:56 AM

Enrico Rossi SNERT

You seem to know all the names of mental diseases. Yet, you are obviously not a doctor.

You must be a patient.

You reading off the diagnoses made by your doctor TO YOU, eh!?

;)

Caught again!!!

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 21, 2006 01:53 AM

Hey Terenzio Demenzio,

Of course you can post your "HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD MANUAL by Terenzio Demenzio." Go ahead!

Good boooooy!!

Now go tell mommy!

Posted by: Pia Sederini Rossi | December 21, 2006 01:51 AM

zzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........zzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Posted by: knezova anka | December 21, 2006 01:51 AM

Charles, your points are well taken, but in this case our resident SNERT is more than a simple juvenile delinquent: he's a schizophrenic affected by acute psychotic disorders and won't stop his abusive language unless Beppe takes direct action against him.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | December 21, 2006 01:50 AM

Paola Filinesi claims she is "not Confucius".

Well, you don't have to try hard to convince us of THAT!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

That's what we've been trying to tell you all along! Duh...!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

What next?

Tell us you're not Einstein... you know, in case anybody's wondering.... hahahahha!!!!!!!

:DDDDD

Posted by: Raffaella Pifferale | December 21, 2006 01:42 AM

Pia Sederini Rossi:

I'm glad that you think that these types of issues are funny. Because, it's fools like you that will go running for help if/when it *really* happens to you or a loved one.

It's a shame what this blog space has turned into. Actual issues, presented in a free space, only to be abused by people who can't get attention in the real world. Go back to your playstations, and leave the discussions to adults who care about the world that exists around them (and you know who you are).

Posted by: Charles Terenzio | December 21, 2006 01:31 AM

High Plains Drifter

(As all can see, he drifts so, high, that he's lacking oxygen... :D)

This is the silly disguise of Enrico Rossi, too ashame to come out, after we've figured out that he is the SNERT!

Hahahaha!!!!
Enrichettoooooooo..... come to mommy!!!!

Hahahaha!!!!
:DDD

Posted by: Pia Sederini Rossi | December 21, 2006 01:31 AM

Raffaella Biferale complains about the impossibility of conducting a normal conversation.

Yet, she has so far demonstrated her idea of a "normal conversation" is, to say the least, ODD.

I've tried, really. She keeps posting answers that have nothing to do with the question. And that's when she's at the top of her performance.

Most times, I have been bewildered by her detachment not only from logic, but also from reality!

Could that have anything to do with the fact that she is a staunch supporter of DRUG USE?!??

Hmmm... COULD IT!?!??

____________

Greetings to Prof. Mill
;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 21, 2006 01:27 AM

Paola Filinesi,

It is peculiar that you insist on your argument based on thin air: that you give your real name...

First of all: Who cares to know your name!?

Second, if I were you, or Mr. Rossi, or Ms. Biferale, I would NOT post such nonsense--of which you guys all seem very proud of--under my own name!

What is your purpose: show off that you do not have the faintest clue!???

Hahahahaha!!!!!

___________

PS
When you write your silly "insult" (which, as we have found out is only an advertisement devised by Mr. Rossi...), you actually meant that as an insult.

DO YOU NEED ME TO COPY AND PASTE YOUR ENDLESS SEQUENCE OF SUCH SILLY MESSAGES?

It is also quite lame that you try to hide behind the fact that you did not address it to a real name, beacuse the OBVIOUS truth is that you did mean to insult somebody. At least you are ashame of yourself and try to fudge reality. Shall we pretend to believe it for this once?

As for the rest of your (non-)answer, well, I could find very little content. You know... it's Xmas, so I'm being generous. (There was none.)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 21, 2006 01:23 AM

I am not King Solomon and unfortunately I cannot think of a solution to your problem for the moment....

I can only give you an advice:

Confucius:
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

And I asure you your heart is wrong at the moment...
You have chosen to attack the wrong people...

Abusive languange and stupid comments will get you no where....take the advice from an "old and ugly" lady....

ps. Yes, I have posted on the Italian blog just once...!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | December 21, 2006 01:18 AM

Guys: internet is an open space, and that means freedom for all. I HATE censorship at all, I'm against any kind of control and regulation... but that is too much!
Beppe, please, you must do something to stop this situation.
These people like prof Mill & Co. are blocking every attempt to start a normal discussion, that's the dead of the blog.

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | December 21, 2006 12:38 AM

Mark Sterling and John Mill:
You are 2 people in need of a blade to cut your veins.
When you will complete this simple task everybody will open a bottle of Champagne to toast the departure of 2 useless pieces of shit.

Posted by: High Plains Drifter | December 21, 2006 12:23 AM

Answers to "Mark Sterling":

Important Notice though:

I am giving full name and e-mail address below if you don't do the same don't ever expect an answer again accept for insults,undertood???

1) Question: What a good opportunity, Ms. Paola Filinesi. Please, tell us, is it ok only when YOU insult someone?

Answer: Post an insult I have written to a REAL FIRST NAME AND SURNAME as requested by the BLOG and I will reply.

2)...the message by P.S.R. is obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Answer: Not permitted under FALSE NAMES and SURNAMES according to the BLOG's regulations.

3) Question: I find it curious that you do reply only to silly messages and not to serious, logical, polite and legitimate questions.

4) Answer: Says who???

Paola Filinesi
pfilin@otenet.gr

ps1. Dave Matthews and Mark Sterling are distant acquaintances like Nigel Pond, I wouldn't like to disturb them asking about their posts, would I??
Your REAL NAME AND SURNAME along with your e-mail would be most welcomed just to avoid confusion!!!

ps2: Why is everybody talking about the word SNERT ??? It actually means:
Sexually Needy, Emotionally Repressed Troll"
unles someone is:

"Captus nidore culinae" !!!

Posted by: paola filinesi | December 21, 2006 12:01 AM

this is getting ridiculous refuse to give up,what I am going to do,is I will continuing to support beppe blog, read the post,put my name and refrain to comment until something is done,to stop this arassament,and of course I will scroll through the rubbish is written by........wherever name,ciao,

Posted by: evakulnura | December 20, 2006 10:18 PM

...or is it:

Shrink-
Needing
Enrico
Rossi
Toronto

?????????

Probably BOTH!
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep entertaining us, Enrico Rossi.
Or, shall we call you ENRICHETTO now?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:DDDDDDDD

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 20, 2006 08:23 PM

Now it is clear why Enrico Rossi keeps saying SNERT!

The meaning is:

Sexually
Needy
Enrico
Rossi
Troll

Hahaha!!! We thought it was an insult!
Instead it's just an advertisement he is making of himself!!!

hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Posted by: Dave Matthews | December 20, 2006 08:20 PM

Enrico Rossi:

From your answer, it appears you identify with the "Enrichetto" below.

Are you 5 years old, stand 3 ft "short", have an IQ of 1 and go around in an oversized diaper, a pink leothard and wear tiger slippers?!??

We all know that, at least, you are not 5 years old!

Everything else, if you really are like that, is an obvious coincidence. In that case, I express my pity and solidarity to you.

But, please, keep posting your silly insult. That's all you've been saying for quite a while now.

Are you sure it is not you who needs a shrink?

Posted by: Mark Sterling | December 20, 2006 07:57 PM

Thank you Paola, however the best response in this case is just to keep on scrolling. The SNERT is obviously refusing to see a psychiatrist and take the appropriate medications.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | December 20, 2006 07:49 PM

Besides, your silly insults are meant as such. While the message by P.S.R. is obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Which one is worse? Please, tell us, Ms. Paola Filinesi.

Oh, and also tell us, Ms. Paola Filinesi, who should be offended by P.S.R.'s message? No one here is using the nick "Enrichetto Rossi".

To conclude, I find it curious that you do reply only to silly messages and not to serious, logical, polite and legitimate questions. Your attitude gives an incentive only to post messages of the first kind--certainly not of the second!

I fail to see the logic in your behavior.

Posted by: Mark Sterling | December 20, 2006 07:37 PM

IF THIS IS NOT ABUSIVE LANGUANGE AND PROVOCATION THEN I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT IS!!!

SHAME ON YOU AND ALL THE MODERATATORS OF THIS BLOG!!!

Paola Filinesi
pfilin@otenet.gr

Posted by: paola filinesi | December 20, 2006 07:13 PM

PLEASE, HELP!! I have lost my 5 year-old child!

His name is ENRICHETTO ROSSI. He is about 3 ft short and has an IQ of 1. He wears an oversized diaper and still sucks on his pacifier.

When he disappeared, he was wearing a pink leothard and tiger slippers. My husband Hannibal and I lost him in downtown Toronto yesterday evening. We are afraid he was picked up by some maniac... and we are afraid such maniac may not be properly vaccinated to handle Enrichetto.

BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL: HE BITES. If bitten, anyone should get a rabies shot IMMEDIATELY!

We would like to find our beloved Enrichetto before December 31, because we had promised to turn him in at the Toronto Zoo on January 1st. As per our agreement, we will get a hefty percentage of the income generated--but we need him by December 31!!

SO PLEASE HELP US GET OUR ENRICHETTO BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!

Pia Sederini Rossi