The roar of the mouse

ruggito_del_topo.jpg

The multinationals are always trying. But on a small scale, someone is reacting. What’s needed is lots of courage and a few sponsors. That’s what the blog is here for Signor Privato.

"Dear Beppe Grillo,
My first name is Privato. My surname is Fenaroli. I am the Head of the Breast Surgery Department and the Centre for Breast Studies at the United Hospitals of Bergamo. I live at Tavernola Bergamasca on Lake Iseo (on the Bergamo side) where there is a cement factory belonging to Lafarge, the French multinational that is a world leader in cement production. Now they also want to burn special refuse in the Tavernola cement factory. Tavernola is a village with 2,400 people and because of the cement production it has a level of pollution from nitrogen oxide NOx (Source: Arpa) like that of the city of Bergamo (about 100,000 inhabitants). We have formed a Civil Committee for Public Health and I am the leader. We want to stand up against this attempt and we have produced fliers and had meetings. Last October we even invited Stefano Montanari to Tavernola to show us the risks of this type of activity and we made contributions to the fund to buy the electron microscope.
Now as I am the leader of the Committee, I find an action for defamation has been taken against me by Lafarge. According to them, the fliers showing true data (taken from the official INES register) about pollution are offensive and incorrect.
I have discovered that in a similar case, involving a Mayor in the Province of Udine, that you intervened. We, unfortunately, have the Mayor (email the Town Hall) against us and we are tiny compared to Lafarge. But we will not let them frighten us off. Signor Grillo, can you help us? If they make us keep silent, they are imposing silence on a whole community. I know that you will be at Treviglio (near our village) on May 12 and as the Committee for Public Health, we will be present at your show, from which we always learn lots.
I know that we are perhaps asking for the impossible, but we want to be able to place our trust in your feelings to help the weakest and those exposed to the multinationals. I thank you, in the name of those I’m representing and all those who would like to speak but who for many reasons are afraid and need examples who are visible like yourself.”
Privato Fenaroli

Comments

By the way, the MTBC (mean time to be censored) is about 30 minutes during the day. If you want to last more, write a post during the night in Italy.

Posted by: m. donati | July 1, 2007 07:24 PM

You shall be censored if you dare to write anything against Beppe Grillo, the man on the 480 HP luxury boat, the great polluter, the guy who makes money on our stupidity.

Posted by: m. donati | July 1, 2007 07:21 PM

Ho cercato di firmare ma mi ritorna indietro la mail, sono pure andata sul sito campagnamine e ho mandato una mail al coordinatore/trice ma mi e tornata indietro.
Come mai?

Posted by: sarah martin | April 3, 2007 03:19 AM

Giovanni,

That´s a good policy! Had they implemented it before, you would not be here--and this blog would be empty!!

:D

Posted by: Giovannina Principina | April 1, 2007 07:30 PM

That judge needs to have his nuts locked into a vice and hammered vigorously just to make sure he will not have stupid kids like him.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 30, 2007 12:44 AM

According to Wikipedia Auriti was found guilty of this monetary "heresy" and ordered to pay 10 million Liras.
Oh, what a wonderful world!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 29, 2007 11:53 PM

How on earth they got away with it? I have never read so many bullshit in my life. I almost graduated in philosophy (I was short of a couple of exams) and I am sure as the fact that I was born that the only distortion here is the one made by the Bank of Italy. How dare they talk about sillogism? How can you say that the a piece of paper has intrinsic value? It is precisely because the lack of a reserve that backs its value that money acquires value only through our promise to pay. Where did they find the courage to say :

Sotto il profilo giuridico, poi, il batter moneta ha da sempre rappresentato e rappresenta tutt'ora una delle più evidenti e indiscusse espressioni della sovranità statale.
This is unacceptable!!!!!! they want us to believe that the minting of money is a prerogative of the government and a bastion of freedom and sovereignty. It would be so if Central banks were not PRIVATE. The only interest that is safeguarded here is the one of the Banks. How can a judge hear such bullshit and still find the Bank of Italy not guilty??????
It gets even worse when they sustain that the central bank is there to protect the public trust in money and prevent any form of counterfeiting! ahahaha ahahhaha ahahahaha unbelievable! This comes from the people that have been perpetrating the biggest and best organized counterfeiting of money for almost a century. Can you believe this shit? I would without hesitation spit in the judge's face. Poor Giacinto he is an unsung hero of this nation. Enrico thanks for bringing this article to our attention.

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 11:43 PM

I looked up Giacinto Auriti in Wikipedia and found the following (Sorry, but I'm not going to translate):
"La Banca d'Italia, opponendosi attraverso i suoi avvocati alla richiesta di Auriti, scrive: "La visione della moneta e delle funzioni monetarie che l'attore intende accreditare è palesemente distorta e completamente infondata. Da un punto di vista logico, è innanzitutto ben evidente che l'accettazione da parte della collettività, lungi dall'essere causa del valore della moneta, ne rappresenta in realtà solo l'effetto, sicché il sillogismo deve essere rovesciato: non è vero che la moneta vale in quanto è accettata, ma semmai, come la storia e la cronaca stanno a dimostrare, che essa è accettata solo in quanto abbia un valore. Di qui la necessità che tale valore, rispondendo ad un fondamentale interesse pubblico, sia difeso e garantito dalle Pubbliche Autorità, funzione nei moderni stati affidata alle banche centrali. Sotto il profilo giuridico, poi, il batter moneta ha da sempre rappresentato e rappresenta tutt'ora una delle più evidenti e indiscusse espressioni della sovranità statale, sicché può correttamente affermarsi che il valore della moneta trae il proprio fondamento solo ed unicamente da norme dell'ordinamento statale, che, per solito, disciplinano minutamente la creazione e la circolazione della moneta, ne sanciscono l'efficacia liberatoria, ne sanzionano la mancata accettazione in pagamento e tutelano la fede pubblica contro la sua falsificazione ed alterazione."
Amen!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 29, 2007 10:16 PM

Piero, I know because two days ago I tried to post here six Google videos (by the way, millions of downloads of them already on the Net)that were not posted, but held by the Administrator pending review. If I can bother Giacinto, of whom we have an e-mail, I will send them to him to be forwarded to you. I don't want my e-mail known here because Prof. Mill will spam me into oblivion.....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 29, 2007 09:54 PM

Thanks Enrico. You made a very good point about 9/11
and I totally agree with the fact that a gold standard would be utterly useless as 'the usual suspects' already cornered the market of this precious material. How do you know that the blog is being censored? you are the second person to say this today. What's going on? is beppe part of all this? I have just been told that the day the professor Giacinto Auriti passed away Grillo made a post about midgets. That's what I call gratitude!

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 09:39 PM

I'm here and regarding the Blog being censored, I know it now is. I don't blame Beppe because I think his lawyers have told him to exercise some discretion.
I have seen the latest video and read the article on Water privatization. In Canada people have gone crazy in the past few years with buying bottled water. We have water coming out of our ears, but through advertising the multinationals have convinced people to buy tons of water that cost more than very expensive gasoline.
If you make an Italian version of the Video, when they talk about pressure from above and below, don't forget to mention how the events of September eleven exemplify this point very well.
Also the idea of backing currency with gold reserves should be eliminated.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 29, 2007 09:19 PM

Has the blog gone dead again or are we all being censored? knock knock anybody there?

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 08:50 PM

This is the link for The capitalist conspiracy video. It explains how communism is and has always been a deliberate creation of the international bankers. It lasts less than an hour and it's more or less like a formal presentation. I liked it so much I want to make the Italian version of it. here's the link:
Hey Giovanni did you finish watching part one?
Was it good ? what's your take on this?
Part two is even more interesting as it deals with recent events. Enjoy! (si fa per dire)

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 05:32 PM

At least they scooped out the shit that was rotting away and started with something new.
Today, with a different information, it could be different.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 29, 2007 05:14 PM

"Ah, the 1789!
What a year!"
They killed a king in 1793 and a general crowned himself Emperor in 1804. It lasted only eleven years! We are born to be suckers.....

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 29, 2007 03:31 PM

Ah, the 1789!
What a year!

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 29, 2007 01:58 PM

Unfortunately the case of Udine is solved: the local government from R.Illy just said YES to the cement factory. Actually, I've been very promptly informed about that today in the morning by some German friends that own a boat in the harbor of San Giorgio di Nogaro, a small town very close to the next cement factory site. Of course, they immediately started thinking about a new harbour for their boats. I guess the tourist operators of that area will be very thankful to the local government...

p.s.: it's funny how the word "cement factory" can be shrinked into "cemetery", isn't it?

Posted by: Harri Klein | March 29, 2007 11:50 AM

Naturalmente per un gruppo internazionale come LAFARGE una piccola spesa legale puo' mettere in ginocchio chiunque. Perche non rendete pubblico il nome dei loro avvocati, degli studi legali che si "vendono" al gioco dei prepotenti. Vediamo, indagate su questi "azzeccagarbulli" moderni magari Ex bocconiani come quelli che vanno in giro per il mondo a parlare dell'effetto whao! dei mercati.
Vediamo se questi studi legali con immacolata reputazione sono in grado di sputtanarsi grazie agli interessi di un sindaco contro la sua collettivita'.

Posted by: zagorfly (hong kong) | March 29, 2007 03:22 AM

I know the village of Tavernola because I come not far from there.
I find the action for defamation filed by Lafarge bullying and I think that its employees think that they are still living in the middle ages, where they could scare anybody because of their clout.
As a man and also as a Bergamasco, I greatly loathe this system and I wish Dr Fenaroli that he will go all the way to bring the truth where it belongs.

As for the mayor, if I were him I would think twice before going against his people in that way.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 29, 2007 01:00 AM