Water is not a commercial product

acqua_denaro.jpg

Water is not a commercial product”.
Repeat this every morning in front of the mirror. It’ll give you awareness.
Numbers talk and they whisper data to us that we don’t want to hear. A thousand million people have no drinking water.
ne million eight hundred thousand children die each year from illnesses caused by polluted water. Where does the water go? A cup of coffee needs 140 litres of water, a pair of jeans needs 11,000 litres, a car 400,000 litres. And only 3% of the water on the planet is drinkable.
In Italy, water is a financial resource and thus it gets privatized. Where before there was a spring, a public fountain, the entrepreneurs have arrived. The water commercialisers. A primary good is transformed into shares, assets, profits.
Water must stay in public hands, our hands. If the public domestic water supply doesn’t work, if it’s got a hole in it, it should be repaired, even if we have to kick them up the backside. Private people must stay out.
I’m publishing part of the letter received from the President of Greenpeace Italia.

“The Directive 60/2000 of the European Union says: “… water is not a commercial product but patrimony that should be protected”.
The lack of culture on water brings about the consumption of 170 litres of bottled water per inhabitant every year, as opposed to a European average of 85 and a world average of 15, equivalent to 5,000,000,000 plastic containers that get transformed into 100,000 tons of urban refuse per year.
Bottled water, subject to control mechanisms that often are not completely secure, costs between 30 and 50 cents to which you have to add the cost of disposing of the containers, whereas 1,000 litres of water from the domestic water supply, more carefully controlled on a chemical-bacteriological level, doesn’t cost more than one euro.
The Italians say that at the basis of this paradox there is the conviction that bottled water is safer (51%), “better” (35%), less “hard” (14%).
Our country is rich in underground water (between 5,000,000,000 and 12,000,000,000 cubic metres). In spite of this, the water crisis is very near in the whole country, as is the global climate change effect that will see the drying out of the Centre-South and the semi-tropicalisation of the North.
What’s the origin of this announced scarcity?
- a decade long lack of care and lack of maintenance of the networks with a level of leaks that goes from 30% in Emilia-Romagna and more than 50% of the Domestic water system in Puglia.
- pollution of the rivers by industrial sites, both active and no longer in use, by urban centres going against every regulation, even because of the total lack of environmental controls.
- unsustainable water needs of a primary sector that for decades has been characterized by intensive monocultures and irrigation techniques (for example: spraying) that dissipates more than 30% of the water that is used
- the general lack of equipment that minimizes consumption and gives an equal service, for domestic consumption.
In relation to this, the excellent experiment carried out at Bagnacavallo in Emilia Romagna has shown how just this measure, whose cost is really low (2-3 Euro per inhabitant) is paid back with blank certificates for the reduced energy costs for the water service and it allows family consumption to be reduced by at least 10-12 %.”
Walter Ganapini, President of Greenpeace Italia

Comments

gratulazioni very made thankss

Posted by: sohbet | April 4, 2007 12:10 AM

Piero
I'm watching the videos.
I finished to watch the first hour.
Creepy.
And I think it gets more interesting as it goes on, isn't it?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 29, 2007 02:01 PM

Dear Giovanni what we need is people just like us.
Together we can be a force to be reckoned with.
I hope you you had the opportunity to watch the videos. If you found them interesting there's another very well made video that is worth having a look at.
It's called 'the capitalist conspiracy'. You can find it on google video

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 01:33 PM

These people must be stopped.
We need another Andrew Jackson.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 29, 2007 02:41 AM

Somebody might think that me, Enrico, Giovanni, Eva, Etc are completely off topic here. The post after all was about WATER. Well if you've got time you should read this article. here's the link:

It explains how Banks are going to control water through privatization. This proves once again that the vast majority of lively debates that concern most aspects of society revolve around Banks. They are everywhere. Many of them are no longer interested in money. It's control they are after now. Their modus operandi hasn't changed throughout the years. They exploit all the classic means of control over the masses. Religion, Money, Politics, Terrorism, Energy, Pollution, Drugs, Medicine,Information and now Water. They have to implement a system where people are either too poor or dumb to care.

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 29, 2007 01:20 AM

Enrico:
I think that the answer to your question resides in the nature of those people: greed blinded them so much that they think are invincible because all these years they got away with murder.
I think that one day the truth will see the light and those people will get what they deserve.
The bad thing is that we are risking along the line.
These people must be stopped. Probably the trouble that they generate will be so big that the priority given to things will reverse as well.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 28, 2007 05:47 PM

Giovanni, I hope you reversal theory has got some legs because we are all running out of oxygen. Greed, as you correctly pointed out, is literally killing us and the planet. What I don't understand is the logic used by these avaricious individuals who are in control of our lives. They must know that the irresponsible system they have embraced will eventually eliminate not only the victims, but also the perpetrators.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 28, 2007 03:55 AM

Enrico & Piero:

I couldn't watch the video yet but I can give you my perception of the whole problem a little bit down the stream generated by your comments, also because I don't want to repeat what you said.
I think that we shifted gears in a faster speed towards the journey that is taking us to the end i this downward spiral where anything that is attempted to fix the situation only contributes to increase the Entropy.
As you can see from the declarations of any politician, the tunnel is getting darker and darker, decreasing the chance to see the light at its end because greed turned it off.
If I have to think rationally I don't see any positive solution to it but humanly, I think that we are so complicated that at the very end, the clockwork of our nature will generate a reversal which will surprise everybody.
Don't ask me why because I don't know it yet.
Technically speaking, all the parameters are taking us toward the end but let's not forget that the end could also be the beginning after a sharp change.
We just need to hold on and face the change.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 28, 2007 03:23 AM

Hello Eva! Enrico is right. The video is still up. If you type part 2 instead of part two you should be able to see it. ciao

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 28, 2007 01:56 AM

Piero,"the money masters"n.2 has been remove fron google any idea where I can see this copy,thanks ciao

Posted by: eva kulnura | March 28, 2007 12:36 AM

That is exactly what I think Mr Rossi. My point is that if we stop posting our thoughts he/she/it be the one to have the last laugh. If we really want to foster this information we have to be prepared to face much bigger challenges than this pathetic twat.
If we stop at the first hurdle we stand no chance. I don't want to change the world. Together, however, we can make a difference. As you say we are not promoting a political party. We are not trying to convert anyone to a new religion. These documentaries clearly show that there are ideas and basic rights that need to be defended because it's in the interest of humankind. I am still waiting to know what Mr Chiametti and Mr Principe think about this subject. I value their opinions and it would be nice to know their take on this.

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 27, 2007 11:24 PM

Piero, you said: "I hope you will ignore these sad losers." We went through mountains of absurdities from this yo-yo who is trying to prevent any discussions from going on. He's got his own agenda for sure and calls us commies and homosexual just to create confusion. I personally don't subscribe to any particular ideology and the documentaries "The Money Masters" explain very clearly why we shouldn’t identify with any: It makes no difference!

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 27, 2007 09:55 PM

HIGH,

you must be high on crack.
Or are you naturally like that?

Like the Raffa Piffa?

:D

Posted by: Raffazza Pifferazza | March 27, 2007 07:54 PM

@ High Plains Drifter
I LOVE YOU!
;-))))))))

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | March 27, 2007 07:35 PM

Looks like John Mill is back from his sewer.
I still remember your stupid face from the link that has been posted by Manuela Bellandi.
Why don't you go back where you belong?
Don't you know that every time you write your stupid little essays, you remind everybody of that picture?
If I were your mom, after seeing you when you were born I would 've sued God.
Go do something good, Segaiolo!

Posted by: High Plains Drifter | March 27, 2007 06:34 PM

Sanna and Rossi, you´re just two delusional commies :D

Calling your drunken rants "mature conversation" is hilarious!!

hahahaha

Posted by: Gavino Su Nuraghe | March 27, 2007 03:00 PM

Mr Rossi I hope you will ignore these sad losers.
Everybody enjoys your insightful and beautifully written posts. Let the poor bastards say what they want. They probably can't stand the fact that we are having a constructive and mature conversation here.
Dante once wrote: Non ti curar di loro ma guarda e passa. We should do the same with these fuckers.

'The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money and with the flick of a pen they will create enough money to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of the Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery let them continue to create money'.

Sir Josiah Stamp
Former Director of the Bank of England

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 27, 2007 12:05 PM

Efisio Rossi from WANKERLAND,go back where you belong!

Posted by: Efisio Cossu | March 27, 2007 03:52 AM

Hey, wUSsyMAN, where are you???

I want to read some more of your delirant "opinions"...

:D

Posted by: Efisio Rossi | March 27, 2007 03:07 AM

Sorry Piero, my friend Paolo was on the phone and I called you Paolo instead.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 26, 2007 09:43 PM

"I particularly appreciated the bit were the juror was interviewed and gave an emotional account of the Harrel case."
Paolo, at the end of the interview she had to choke back her tears because she was aware of the importance of their accomplishment. These are the heroes after whom airports and public buildings should be named. Not crooked and worthless politicians.
All the discussions in the media about Parties, ideologies, elections, wars, conferences, etc. are nothing but red herrings to keep our eyes diverted from reality. The fundamental problem must not be mentioned, ever.

U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower in a 1953 speech to the American Society of Newspaper Editors:
“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, and the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life in any true sense.”

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 26, 2007 09:42 PM

Enrico what did you think about the last part of the documentary?. Do you think that the implementation of a Big brother/microchip would be possible?. This is exactly the kind of shit that freaks me out! I particularly appreciated the bit were the juror was interviewed and gave an emotional account of the Harrel case. I like it because once again it proves that you don't have to be a genius to understand what's going on. A little common sense goes a long way. You're right today it's futile to talk about freedom and democracy. I studied philosophy for many years that's why sometimes I tend to idealize things a bit too much. However, the ideational meaning of such concepts has been totally distorted. Freedom and Democracy are sound and beneficial principles if well defined and rightly interpreted.

La nostra politica è quella di fomentare
le guerre, ma dirigendo Conferenze di
Pace, in modo che nessuna delle parti
in conflitto possa ottenere guadagni
territoriali.
Le guerre devono essere dirette in
modo tale che le Nazioni, coinvolte
in entrambi gli schieramenti,
sprofondino sempre di più nel loro
debito e, quindi, sempre di più
sotto il nostro potere.
[Amschel Mayer Rothschild, 1773]

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 26, 2007 09:08 PM

Piero, you and I can see it and yet the great majority is uninterested. They have literally been brainwashed. In the video you recommended I loved a quotation from Webster Tarpley. If I recall correctly he mentioned that in the US people should stop calling the two main Parties Republican and Democratic: they should call them the Genovese and Gambino families. Our political systems are an instrument of total control in the hands of very few people; therefore there is no point in using words like democracy and freedom to characterize them.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 26, 2007 08:19 PM

Enrico what can I say ? you are once again spot on. The deliberate dumbing down of the school system is perhaps the most effective and subtle 'instrumentum regni' in the hands of these totalitarian forces. Realistically speaking I think it would be very difficult to change the way schools work. Independent information and its proliferation is the battle to fight. Basic concepts like democracy, money and freedom have lost all their meaning and their connotation has been slowly but radically changed. Today we think about democracy as something intrinsic to our society that has to be exported (as if it was a commodity) to the uncivilized part of the world. Very few people want to know exactly what democracy is supposed to be like and if we actually live in one. A democratic way of life is characterized by a fair distribution of the wealth of a nation or a community. Political decisions are taken from the people for the people. Money is issued by the state at not cost and printed or coined only in the quantity necessary to keep prices stable in order to avoid inflation.

Does it look like we live in a democracy today?

What about freedom ?
Today we are sold a cheap and fictitious form of freedom namely the free market. Governments spend billions to convince us that we are free. Their argument is simple. If you can buy whatever you want it means that you live in a free society right?.

What about control?
We are constantly spied on and closely observed in all aspects of our life. We live in a police state.

What about money?
what is money? who makes money? what determines the value of money?
if you watched the video I previously suggested you already know the answer. Very often I get told that the situation is so complex that is practically impossible to understand who is to blame and why. If history has ever thought us anything is that the causes for discontent, injustice and poverty are always the same. Their names keep on changing but the way they operate and their goals don't. Who controls money controls government and its legislation. 'The money changers' are true masters of us all.

"pochissimi capiranno il sistema, e quelli che lo capiranno saranno occupati a far soldi. Il pubblico probabilmente non capirà che é contro il suo interesse"
Lord Rotschild, 1861

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 26, 2007 07:51 PM

Piero, two things about your comments. The first is that this English Blog is poorly attended because not too many Italians know English well enough to post here. This Blog has also been infested for months by a juvenile who made it almost impossible for us to have meaningful discussions. He left for three months and now it looks as if he's back. A few good posters have left in disgust and Beppe did not try to solve this problem and allowed this Blog drift away on its own.
Regarding the poor response to the videos, I think that the lack of interest on these topics stems mainly from the constant brainwashing by the media. Add to this that our school systems have deliberately dumb down society to make it receptive to media manipulation. Just think of events like 911. There is a mountain of evidence that the official version of the events cannot be taken seriously and yet most people are totally unaware of this. There are many Google videos on this subject, but they don’t seem to help. Most people cannot contemplate events and situations that will turn their little world upside down and are quite happy to go along in life totally blindfolded as long as there is food on the table and a car to drive to nowhere.

Posted by: Enrico Rossi | March 26, 2007 04:09 PM

Thanks Eva for your support. I expected a certain degree of resistance towards this kind of material.
Over the years I met many intelligent people. Many of them very 'academically inclined'. However, I've come to terms with the fact that intelligence has very little to do with awareness. Especially intelligent people are particularly reluctant to even contemplate the idea that they could actually learn something from you. It's a matter of pride. Another factor that plays a pivotal role in the level of credibility of a person, theory, or information is authority. I relentlessly bombarded my parents with revolutionary pieces of information about politics ,banks, etc. They hardly believed a single word of what I said to them. Then, the same information was released and denounced by more authoritative 'agencies' such as REPORT or BEPPE GRILLO. As if by magic what was considered absurd and far fetched became true and scandalous.I don't get it. In the very near future the luxury to investigate, research and assess our own truth will be plainly denied to us. Let's take advantage of the very limited freedom we enjoy today. Let's act now. It takes five seconds to decide weather you want to be part of the solution or part of the problem. Whichever way you go, try to make an informed decision. At least it will be your choice.

"E' un bene che il popolo non comprenda il funzionamento del nostro sistema bancario e monetario, perchè se accadesse credo che scoppierebbe una rivoluzione prima di domani mattina"
J. Henry Ford

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 26, 2007 10:37 AM

Nina, that "special taste" in Italy´s tap water is due to pollution...

Posted by: Don Perignon | March 26, 2007 03:08 AM

I've lived in Rome for about 8 years and I think one of the most remarkable thing there is the fact that one can always go to the fontanelle and drink water for free. I come from a country that uses it's water for everything without (almost) polluting it or finishing. I've traveled a bit but never ever had the good water that Italy has in my travels. It wont beet the Icelandic one but still I'm impressed.
It is true that it is commercialized and in my opinion it can be the fact is tough that it is done very badly since the gain is not for the people but the few. I think that the answer to this is quite simple the few need to get of their high horse and realize that if all that goods and money go to the same direction the flow will eventually stop...

Posted by: Nina Saem | March 25, 2007 04:46 PM

Finally, at least in Italy, “secret lives” of so called VIPs become to be exposed. And what we find is that most of them are used to drugs, orgies, blackmailings and betrayals. Politicians, showbiz people, business men, journalists and top models: they all share the same terrible life habits. Those are the pigs telling you everyday how YOU should behave to be a good citizen!!!Those people, none excluded, are to be blamed. Those people are to be condemned and excluded from any role in the society. Those people should be exposed on the public squares to the verdict of the people they used to sustain their ridiculous lives. They are the cancer of our society, and they must be eliminated. They are parasites of our society: they use the money coming from the working class to conduct a life without aims, except wellness and reproduction: this is the typical behavior of parasites. May the future be without those parasites, may the future eliminate them from our society. It is a pity Italians have no guts for guillotine like French citizens some centuries ago.

Posted by: Mark Sullivan | March 25, 2007 01:44 PM

Piero keep sending informations,do not worry if there is not comments on it,you maybe surprise I many people watched the movie you suggested,what is important as you say is to pass the information to reach as many people as possible,have a good sunday too.

Posted by: eva kulnura | March 25, 2007 09:31 AM

Dear Eva Kulnura:
I appreciate the fact that you watched the video that have been suggested to you. I didn't mean to overload you with information. I understand that the material of these documentaries has to be slowly digested. I also have to write two very important essays. One is in Spanish and the other one is in English. They certainly take a lot of your time and attention. I am just 'advertising' these documentaries because I think that for the first time somebody has decided to authoritatively talk ,analyze and expose an issue that is going to be central in our lives, despite ourselves. I am a regular guy. I don't want to brainwash anyone. All I want is you and everybody in this blog to have a look at this stuff and tell me what you think about it. So far only you and Enrico Rossi watched the video and gave some kind of feedback. I don't get it. I am not asking you to watch an episode of friends. I'm not selling anything. The only reason why I want everybody to watch these videos is that it is in a sense a moral obligation. I'm not playing 'Mr know it all' here. I just want to share this information with you guys. It is of paramount importance that these documentaries reach as many people as possible. I want to take the opportunity to thank you Eva and Enrico for taking the time to watch these videos.I truly appreciate that, regardless of the fact that you agree or not with the content of such videos.Personally I would not waste any time in replying to people like Efisio Cossu. He doesn't have a point of view about anything. He writes here because he's probably a lonely person desperately seeking attention. It's people like him that sometimes make you think that Humankind doesn't stand a chance. In Sardinia we say : Gentixedda esti e Gentixedda ad abarrai. Have a lovely sunday Eva and good luck with your essay.
Piero

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 25, 2007 06:55 AM

The professor is back,il lupo perde il pelo ma non vizio,as always very very BOOOOOring frofessor!

Posted by: eva kulnura | March 25, 2007 05:04 AM

USMAN:

YOU GIVE ORDERS YOU CAN´T ENFORCE. AND FOR THAT YOU´RE RIDICULOUS.

YOUR POST ALSO IS IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC: YOU´RE INCOHERENT. AGAIN YOU´RE RIDICULOUS.

THEN YOUR NICK IS EXPLAINED: IT´S SHORT FOR...

RIDICUL-USMAN

Posted by: Efisio Cossu | March 25, 2007 01:16 AM

I am around,reading,watching the movies you guys suggested and pondering and digesting all this informations,I got overload informations at the moment and essays that need to be done,hopefully after that I got more time to comment on the issue at hand,love to all

Posted by: eva kulnura | March 25, 2007 12:15 AM

I'm slightly OT: I was talking with my boss yesterday about the problem of drinking water scarcity.
My boss spent 15 years in the Navy: he told me that every ship has a desalinization plant inside, to ensure drinking water for the crew and clean water for the steam turbines. He said that the taste of that water was good.
After mentioning this I now have a question.
Italy is surrounded by water: what does it take to desalinize sea water to, at least, ensure proper field irrigation and industrial production?
I don't think that the economical factor nowadays is that much relevant: when we are facing pollution and disease this should be put aside.
Also, the desalinization technology that was applied on those Navy ships, was already working in the early sixties. What's so impossible to accomplish?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | March 25, 2007 12:06 AM

Having spent most of the last eight summers in Italy I can only compliment you on the qulaity of your mains water. In England the horror of the Thatcher privatised water companies, an act of irresponsibility the cost the user hundreds of pounds extra each year, can only be compared with an attack on the poor in order to provide increased profits to the well off. In addition there is now the pressure on the privatised companies to meet only the minimum quality and safety requirements in order to maximise the profits to the private companies.

I would implore you not to enter onto this slippery slope of capailaist farcity and stick with state owned water supplies.

Posted by: Chris Kitcher | March 24, 2007 09:51 PM

Efisio, if you have nothing relevant to say, just shut up!

Posted by: usman | March 24, 2007 07:13 PM

You are entirely entitled to think that I'm a crazy paranoid bastard...

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 24, 2007 04:39 PM

OR YOU CAN JUST PICK ONE OF THE THREE... ;P

Posted by: Efisio Cossu | March 24, 2007 06:01 PM

Freedom to fascism.com
The money masters.... google video

Hello there! recently this blog has gone dead! Is it because of the clone? You all gave up on life? Are you all watching the videos? Where are you people?
Ok Ok no more questions. Hey Grillo what about desalinization? It worked in Israel. It's a bit expensive I know, but it works. I understand that the real issue here is waste. In London Thames water (the company in charge for water distribution) has leakages that equal to 50% of the total amount of water that is actually distributed and provided. Instead of investing in repairing the old pipes and increase control on efficiency they decided to invest 1£ billion in the development of a new dike and brand new administrative center. Once again all tis could be avoided. Privatization of water is a paradox. The public sector should stay public. In an ideal word taxes should go a long way. goverments use only a small percentage of the revenues that they rake in every year.Why? because they have to use the bulk of the money (our money ) to pay for Public debt.
So many people think that taxes are used to pay for services that are provided by the state. This is crap. Governments all over the world are cash strapped because of the ever increasing interest they have to pay on public debt. This is why almost every nation of Europe was forced to sell its assets to private investors. Look at the state sector that used to be public reverse in. Telecommunication, water distribution, trains, highways, energy, they all are in a sorry state aren't they. Private rarely functions better than public. Private companies have to make money out of the service they provide. In order to make money they are prepared to sack thousands of people, waste millions of litres of water, let train derail on a regular basis and make you pay astronomic energy bills. Goddammit! Can't we just bloody wake the fuck up? We are really close to witness enourmous changes in society. We have to act now. The European Union is working towards the implementation of a unified European army. Next year in America new ID cards will be introduced and made compulsory. Be sure that when they will accomplish these two crucial targets our already feeble hopes of freedom will be wiped away forever. It is all part of an ongoing project that is nearing now completion. A new world order will be established. Terrorism is the most powerful tool in the hands of power. They used it to promote ill advised policies and pass revolting decrees. Can you believe that 99% of us still think that the USA went to war in Iraq because of Oil. Americans didn't give a fling fuck about oil or weapons of mass destruction. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever heard of the middle east central bank? no you haven't. It doesn't fucking exist. Why ? because religion there is taken very seriously. Interest and usury are illegal. Everybody that makes interest out of money is considered a criminal. Not bad uh? International bankers cannot allow the existence of an alternative. They have to conquer the middle east and impose their monetary practices there. Then and only then they will have a world government.

You are entirely entitled to think that I'm a crazy paranoid bastard. I nevertheless warmly invite you to watch the above mentioned videos.
Thank you and good luck!

Posted by: Piero Sanna | March 24, 2007 04:39 PM

As far as I know, Italy is a free country!

The duty of our government is to inform the Italian citizen about the risks of bottled water and that, in most cases, tap water is of far better quality than commercial alternatives. Add to that the duty to manage properly the water distribution system, both for domestic and industrial use.

Nevertheless, if the Italian consumer wants to drink bottled water it is his own choice.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of people paying the high price for a crate of mineral water, but I would hate the idea of a government dictating me what I can drink and what I cannot...

Cheers