Consob, Di Pietro and share action

struzzo_in_doppiopetto.jpg
photo by Razor

I have received a letter from the Minister Antonio Di Pietro who has received a letter from Consob about me and the share action campaign. I didn’t think I was so important. I’ll give a response to the Consob letter in the next few days on the blog.
Make sure you are all at Rozzano on April 16!

“Dear Beppe,
As you know I have decided to sign up to your initiative aimed at giving a voice to those people holding small numbers of Telecom shares.
A very important battle in as much as it is emblematic: if it succeeds it could be repeated for every company quoted on the Stock Market and thus introduce into our economy principles of true representation. My support triggered an immediate reaction from the National Commission for companies and the Stock Exchange (Consob) with a letter signed by its president Lamberto Cardia that I am attaching.
The letter tells me to watch out because of the non-lawfulness of your initiative. It could be up to you to respond if you would like to.
Through your blog, I would like to tell the Consob that such precise attention should also be given to the conflict of interests that are normal in the Stock Exchange. Otherwise how is it possible to explain the presence of the same people on the board of Directors of clients and suppliers, in companies that are controlling and controlled?
The mechanism of Chinese boxes, that diabolic mechanism that allows big companies to be controlled by a ridiculously small package of shares and for Olimpia to nominate the majority of the members of the Board of Directors even though it only has 18% of the shares.
Finally, the representation of the people holding small numbers of shares should be facilitated and this is why Italia dei Valori will present a draft law. The current regulations in fact make this impracticable.
Telecom’s shareholders meeting on 16 April, will see perhaps for the first time in Italy, the presence of the people who are shareholders. A display of democracy that I hope will finally bring in the industrial theme, that up until now has been overlooked for the biggest company in the country.
With Telecom there’s part of the future of Italy at stake, but unfortunately there’s only a discussion of Olimpia and its need for cash.
A story that has gone on for months and that is destabilizing the company.
First they tried to sell Tim, then Tim Brasil and in the end they set up an auction for the best offer while showing indifference to the interests of the country.
The infrastructure of the network should be separated from the services. Whoever buys it will have to get a new authorization from the State. The State must examine the preconditions, and in the end it must be possible to count the votes, not weigh them.”
Antonio Di Pietro.

Comments

Bon Jovi

Donīt worry: no one is interested in stalking you... itīs more than enough already to read your messages on this blog :D

Posted by: Sister Dolores De Panza | April 14, 2007 05:13 PM

Are there here any Telecom Italia s.p.a. or Similar shareholders... ? Beppe, are you a shareholder in this case ?

Posted by: Simone Ravarotto | April 14, 2007 01:40 AM

Mill,what you call bugging,here where I live is called stalking,and people go to jail for it,I thought you better know in order to make some change about,cheers

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 14, 2007 01:31 AM

Hey Joe,

Howīs it going?! What did you think of the Chinese protests in Milan?

By the way, can I make a suggestion? :) Iīd stick with bugging Mr E. Rossi... but would not mess around with Dr. Woodcock... or you might end up having some real INSIDE information. From INSIDE some jail, that is! :D

Alright, talk to you later!

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 08:10 PM

Dolores,

Would you be so kind as to add an Italian translation underneath?

Thx

;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:10 PM

PROVA

Joe,

Ok, some get really upset about the "moron" thing. Just let go of that.

You shouldnīt quit the blog. You contribute critical views and, because of that, make the blog more interesting.

Whatīs the use of a blog where people repeat the same thing and all agree?

I also appreciate your sense of humor.

So, donīt go!!

PS
Tell me something: why the hell do you always spell my nick without the "W"?? :D Keyboard broken??? :D

By the way, no worries. I donīt even like the nick that much. Iīll change it sooner or later. Iīll pick one with now "W" :D

Posted by: Dave MattheWs | April 13, 2007 03:12 AM

TO Mrs RAFFAELLA BIFERALE and all her friends...

Please, try to be more SARCASTIC and IRONIC like me or Mr DAVE MATTHES whenever you post a comment or read my whithering and sarcastic messages such as that I've just addressed to Ms RAFFAELLA BIFERALE in the "NEW MONSTERS" room.

I tell you that because it looks like you are considering Mr Grillo's campaigns too seriously and in my view this blog doesn't deserve to be regarded as the MOUTH of TRUTH!!!

As you should have learned by my past messages I'm a big JOKER and a funny guy as well (maybe because I come from TUSCANY) who of course enjoy to make fun of naive people like you but also to receive the same treatment if I deserve it.

CLEAR AGREEMENTS MAKE GOOD FRIENDS, you know?

I'm also a guy who is possible to talk to about whatever matter comes into play, provided that the exchange of opinions is not based on IDEOLOGICAL thoughts (the COMMUNISM for instance) as unfortunately always occurs here.

If you take a look at the ITALIAN version 90% of daily messages are always not only OFF TOPIC but also based on ridiculous ideological positions as if the BLOG was a RAILSTATION TOILET where everybody comes, s h i t s (=writes their post) and then flushes the toilet (= sends their posts) after cleaning their A S S (=COOKIES)with the toilet paper ...

I think that all of you should appreciate my effort to make this bloody blog a little bit funnier and more interesting than it's like now, not to mention that unlike most of you I'm always used to signing up my messages with my real NAME and SURNAME or at least with the same well-known nick(you know, I was forced to use my current nick after being banned by the bloody Mr Grillo's staff a few months ago).

Anyway, if I hurt your sensitive feelings (those of Ms BIFERALE for instance)with such behaviour, please accept my sincere apologies for making fun of you.

Ok,as matters stand, I'm glad to inform you that I will never again send any other message both here and in the ITALIAN version of this c r a p p y blog made up of NO GLOBAL fanatics,even though by doing so I will no longer be able to share my opinions with Mr DAVE MATTHES, the only sensible and witty guy I met here.

Are you happy now to know that from now on you can keep on talking nonsense freely as good old times without the "haunting" threat of P r o f M I L L, namely your endless ghostly PAIN in THE NECK??

Have a good time!!!

Over & out (PASSO e CHIUDO)!!!
P r o f J. s. M

Posted by: P r o f J. s. M,Ms Biferale's head over heels in love | April 13, 2007 02:56 AM

Bon

Well, heīs been pretty charming with R. Biferale as well... ;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:54 AM

So Bon Bon Jovi is also High Plains Drifter...

I think that if we undo all the nicks, it turns out itīs just four of us here... hahaha

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:46 AM

Dave,they are still my buddies,and it come to my attention that the prof mill answer only,the comments with insults,it seems to me that he crave for it,is his body pain so bad that he need to fight with everybopdy,execpt you?!

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 13, 2007 02:43 AM

Mill,you are repeating yourself,sound like a broken cd,I am going to tell you once and for all"I AM NOT MR. PRINCE and definitely I AM NOT MR. ROSSI" you got this?!They can be bother with you,who do you think you are anyway?

Posted by: BON BON JOVI Mill censor | April 13, 2007 02:37 AM

Bon Jovi

I think you can just ignore his messages and just post your own.

Instead, people here often have childish reactions (such as: "do you dare to tell me face to face?") which only entice more teasing... :D Ignoring the messages is, in my opinion, a far more effective option.

Replying to insults in kind is also not a good way to bring the conversation back on track.

Finally, it seems taboo to remind people here that any of those alleged "victims" are often the initiators of verbal aggression. People have been insulted (and not just with a simple "moron") for posting very polite and legitimate opinions... and even for posting in Italian.

Those were your buddies.

You and everyone else should complain about those insults with the same vehemence as is directed at Prof. Mill.

Or just ignore all. Either way, I put it jokingly, but I really believe that the rules should apply to everyone equally.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:35 AM

Posted by: Max Stirner | April 13, 2007 03:17 AM

Joe,

Ok, some get really upset about the "moron" thing. Just let go of that.

Whatīs the use of a blog where people repeat the same thing and all agree?

I also appreciate your sense of humor.

So, donīt go!!

PS

Posted by: Dave MattheWs | April 13, 2007 03:12 AM

Bon

Well, heīs been pretty charming with R. Biferale as well... ;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:54 AM

So Bon Bon Jovi is also High Plains Drifter...

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:46 AM

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 13, 2007 02:43 AM

Posted by: BON BON JOVI Mill censor | April 13, 2007 02:37 AM

Bon Jovi

I think you can just ignore his messages and just post your own.

Those were your buddies.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 02:35 AM

Dave,you sound like "avvocato delle cause perse",Mill is the one that start the ball rolling,I haven,t seen him having a normal reply to anybody without putting somebody down or name calling,so I suggest get yourself a pair of good binoculars to read his comments,no offence.

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 13, 2007 02:16 AM

Bon Jovi

I think insults are the problem.

Those who get upset at Prof. Millīs "moron" should get just as upset when he is the target of insults.

When the law does not apply equally to everybody... there is no law at all. And it doesnīt seem like many are happy with that!

Defend the law: defend Prof. Mill!

;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 01:48 AM

Dave,honestly there isn't any side to be in,I joinded the blog to have few exanchange of ideas,and lately everything was going ok.lots of good informatioms coming,till you two come back in the scene,now a good suggestion,why don't you two joing in,the conversation,maybe something good can come out of it,but please keep the prof mill in check,he is been going too far and he is not funny anymore,his obsession with Rossi,Principe and MRS.Biferale is getting pitfull.

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 13, 2007 01:23 AM

Wow, you have a subtle sense of humor :)

You should be on our side then!
:D

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 13, 2007 12:32 AM

Dave where is your sense of humor gone?as they say in Italy"vai col zoppo e impari a zoppicare",Bon Bon Jovi doesn't have anything to do with the band,but the prof nick jovi or giovi,and bon bon I presume you know what they are

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 13, 2007 12:14 AM

Bon Jovi,

No sponsor needed to go to the UK.

Some here are in Italy. Besides, one could buy shares in an Italian company, regardless of where he/she lives.

By the way, whatīs the deal with "Bon Jovi" ? The last time they were popular was like a quarter of a century ago...

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 12, 2007 11:59 PM

Dave and Mill,
as far as I know on this side of the blog,nobody is stupid enough to buy italian shares,we all live abroad,the obly one so far still stuck in the "bel paese" is Mill,that if he was smart enough,instead to piss everyone off,would be better trying to make friends,you never know somebody of us is generous enough to sponsor him ,by the way Dave why don't you do it,sponsor the prof. mill?

Posted by: BON BON JOVI | April 12, 2007 11:47 PM

Hi Joe,

You ask what I make of the Magic Flute player, Beppe Grillo, enchanting the rats... I think itīs great!

:D

In fact, it would be even more wonderful if they ended up in the same way! :)

If the proud shareholders knew what they were doing when they "invested" in Telecom, then today they do not need Grillo.

If they did not know what they were doing (99.99% of the Grillini... and I am being optimistic!), well then they should not have thrown their money after it in the first place! They canīt complain now. They could just as well have bought a lotto ticket, for all they knew.

Knowing the way Italy functions, I do not even consider investing in a company that is Italian, is run by Italians or has most of its interests in Italy.

But I am glad to see that there are many happy campers who did... like the Telecom Italia shareholders... haha

In fact, I like Italy so much that I try to avoid even buying Italian products (and thankfully it is not that hard). To many, MADE IN ITALY sounds like MERD IN ITALY. So, I let the Grillini buy that stuff too.

:D

Posted by: Dave Matthews | April 12, 2007 10:57 PM

I want to meet Giovanni Principe!!!!!

KING KONG
(Prince, you will be my QUEEN!!)

Posted by: KING KONG | April 12, 2007 03:04 PM

I WANT TO MEET THE PRINCE!!!!

RAFFAELLO PISELLO

Posted by: Raffaello Pisello | April 12, 2007 03:01 PM

Hello there everyone!
As usual these Idiotic Politicians don’t miss such a succulent opportunity to make themselves visible end obviously on the popular side of any issue.
Mr. DiPietro is just the typical smack!
I would like to remind to him, that is just because Idiots like him (A layer) working as Minister of Infrastructure (I have no clue how he got this job, silly of me He is a Party Leader that explains it!) like to take a shot into the History Book of Italy and become the Italian Version of Robin Hood.
These Politicians should stay away from any Publicly Listed Company (They Sold it in the first place, stupidity has no limits!)
They are the problem not the solution, and I may add that thanks to these Incompetent Politicians nothing works in Italy!
The only growing Item in Italy is the Government Expenditure directly proportional to their Incompetence and pertinence.
I would tell Mr. Di Pietro (Always threatening to quit his Job!) do it quit your daily Job and start looking for a Job in the private sector, let’s see how many offers you will get (Even this offer will be directly proportional to Mr. Di Pietro credibility and so called know-how in the business!)
Send him packing back to the stables where he came in the first place, and by the way go back to school and learn how to read, write and speak Correctly Italian.
Thanks