Italy handicapped

parcheggio_a_handycap.jpg

photo by bootsintheoven

Disabled people can’t work, and often depend on their parents, and on the death of their parents, are abandoned by the State like sick dogs. Hitler was more honest. He killed them so that they didn’t suffer.
Our politicians are celebrating Family Day when the family has been destroyed by them. To form a family in Italy is a debt that is only paid off, and not always then, at death.
Buildings are in the hands of the vultures. Two lives are not enough to pay for a hole. Services for children non-existent, support for disabled people just charity hand-outs.
And we are talking about Family Day. And whoever is doing that has a face worse than his bottom. But I turn into a ferocious beast. You do it too, no holds barred.

“At times of civil partnerships and recognition of pension rights I wanted to inform you of the difficult situation of disabled people in Italy where there are about a million people who are seriously disabled both physically and psychologically.
Of these, according to EEC data, 80% are unemployed and very probably won’t ever work or won’t work again. The pension for invalidity that they receive is 256 euro a month.
The allowance for companions, allocated to 10% of the seriously disabled people, can be distributed to people who cannot carry out every day actions, people who cannot walk, who need continual assistance and who are not in a public institution at no cost for more then a month.
Such a definition is particularly limiting for the number of people who can benefit from this, that represents the incredible sum of 443 Euro.
If you think that a carer working on the black market costs a minimum of 600 Euro it’s obvious that these people are completely dependent on their family members.
In spite of this, none of the politicians who participated in Family Day has ever done anything to reduce the taxes for the families who are keeping one or more disabled people.
These families pay the same taxes as those with children who are not disabled even though they have to cope with much higher costs that are not taken on board by the State in any way.
But the most serious thing is when parents die, the disabled offspring cannot have the pension reassigned to them.
According to Italian law only the spouse, the non-adult children who are still students until they become adults and the children who are 100% disabled without capacity for work have the right to the pension of their parents.
If you think that a friend of mine who is terminally ill with multiple sclerosis with serious problems in walking has been denied the right to her parents’ pension, on the basis of her capacity to work. It seems clear that the right to support from parents even after death is a right that is denied.
As well as de facto couples it would be right to recognise the right to the pension of their parents even if they are able to work, considering that the current Italian system of production leaves 80% of them without a job all their life. Thank you.” Stefano N.

Comments

Joe,do you consider what you doing to Raffa and Enrico witty and funny? it is pretty patetic,and be careful "il dritto e sicuro batte il siluro" might come back and bite you in your ass,take care too.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 23, 2007 09:49 AM

Joe,if you do not stop harassing Raffa and Enrico,I will refuse to talk with you on skype,the ball in your court,please give it a breake is not funny anymore,my time zone is ok with me,because is early morning,let me know,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 23, 2007 02:15 AM

Posted by: evakulnura | May 23, 2007 02:14 AM

Dave:

You have the "road runner" too?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 23, 2007 12:23 AM

I know beer but never used skype... am I missing out on something? :)

Anyway, I can make phone calls so cheap that I have never even bothered looking into it.

My best advice to Joe would be to set long term objectives and work towards them. Today´s situation is your starting point, but it needs not be your end point.

Ciao

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 22, 2007 06:21 PM

Why not?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 22, 2007 02:56 AM

Dave,Joe,Prince,why don't we skype (conference)that could be interesting.ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 22, 2007 02:11 AM

Dave and Joe

I think that if we would meet in a pub in front of a good beer, our ideas could be exposed in a better way and under a very different atmosphere.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 22, 2007 01:59 AM

Hello everyone!

My personal opinion is that a blog about politics and economics in Italy is a more likely source of trouble than of anything else...

I would advise against doing that. Especially to Joe who is bound to speak his mind... and will probably end up speaking his mind in court... :P

Of course, I may be completely wrong and having someone who finally tells things as they are could get a lot of following. That culd be too. I think Italy´s is close to the boiling point...

Not to cheer you up--or let you down. But I think lack of money is indeed an obstacle, but not an insurmountable one. This, at least, is the conclusion I get from thinking of the people I met along the way. Some with no money succeeded. Some with lots of money did not do much of it.

I think determination is the real discriminant.

Ok, well, if you start your blog about politics and economics let me know--I´ll check it out. Grillo will probably do the same!

Ciao

PS
Do you really have an erotic chat???
I thought you were just kidding! :D

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 22, 2007 12:13 AM

Joe,my last message from yesterday has been remove,as you can see you are not the only one been censored,hope you had the change to read it,and Prince is right,what is the worst that can happen?!ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 11:35 PM

Joe
Here in USA I commute between LAX and NYC due to my job (we import Italian cars).
I'm married with an Italian woman because it happened that way (I wouldn't never thought that, given my location).
Chicks are the same everywhere so, I try to stick with the one that understands me.

I think that you shoudn't be afraid of opening one blog also because you are very fluent in both languages.
Also, what's the worse that could happen?
If it will be a drag you can just close it and carry on with your life without any overhead to get rid of.

It would be a nice experiment and, who knows, you could also get famous.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 21, 2007 10:41 PM

I don't have one.
I prefer to ride my motorcycle whenever I get the occasion and now it is, with the nice weather (and high gas prices).

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 21, 2007 09:31 PM

Joe
You should make your own blog.
What are you waiting for?
Maybe you could get a lot of visits on it, you never know.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 21, 2007 09:03 PM

DAVE MATTHES

Too late and no money...

Take care
Joe

P.S: How about my messages??

Posted by: Francesco Smili | May 21, 2007 06:55 PM

Hi!

Eva, I liked your messages. I think it would have been cool to leave Joe´s replies this time.

Joe, you´re smart and have studied business. I would definitely recommend focusing on starting something new. Something you would enjoy doing. This is a good chance.

Get motivated and go for it!!

Ciao

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 21, 2007 04:43 PM

Joe,good hint,people always need to eat,and need doctors,those two field and ramifications are always going to give you a job,and if you are very very good in your specialization,you do not need to speak perfect english,you have been giving up on life,sound like an old men waiting to die,WAKE UP JOE you are only 36 years old the "world is your oister" like the say in Australia,everything is possible,by the way, I did support myself until I had kids,after that I did made the choice to be a full time mom,lately got bak to school, got certificate in business management,unreal isn'it,as they say "the limits are all in your mind",nobody stop you,you stop yourself.good night,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 03:33 AM

Joe,nobody cares what Max real name is,and if you are going to the newspaper or other,it is a real waste of time and energy,why don't use it for better things?! as Dave said,you could be next american president,you just waist your energy on nuisance,let it go for good,have a good time and move on,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 02:54 AM

Dave,I completely agree with you,it worked for me, now we have to convince Joe,to do something about,he lack determination,his self esteem is low,he need little bit of a push,but he might have other good reasons that we do not know,he is still joung,and if he really wanted,he can make it.ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 02:31 AM

Joe,I do not post in the italian side,.....have you ever heard the say"when life trow you a lemon,make lemonade" it seems to me that you do not know what to do with all the lemons you got from life,that why you are bitter,and take on the grillini tribu',by the way is not their fault,you got lemons in life,take responsibility for your life,stop the blaming,and start to be nice to everybody,specially the grillini tribu',their only fault was to express their opinions in this blog,do you things you are fair?I think those people you mention copped plenty from you,how about stopping for good,and start afresh?ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 02:23 AM

Hi Eva, good to read from you.

It´s true that not everyone can just leave. And for everyone it is a big endeavor.

And I think you are also probably right about Joe being unhappy about Italy. I actually cannot imagine how someone can be happy there...

Advice about leaving? I think it´s hard to give specific advice without knowing the situation. But if someone wants to leave, packing and actually going should come up at some point.

If unsure of where to go and what to do, why not use the summer to try figure it out? Set off for a trip across Europe and check places out. Take the train and stay in hostels to make it cheap and meet people. Go see if you find other foreigners... Look for a place you like and where you can picture yourself staying, if even for a while. Then look for other people who moved there and talk to them.

Many people go and then look for a job to pay the rent. Then they learn a new language. Get to know the country... then, all of a sudden, that knowledge becomes useful for another job.

Some places are quite accessible. Eastern Europe, for example. It´s not too far, the cost of living is lower, there are business opportunities... Even the girls should not disappoint Prof. Mill ;)

I guess I would try something like that.

Or look for expats where you live--there are many in Italy, like Americans or Brits teaching English. Hanging out with them can also be a good source of information and contacts.

Or check on the Internet for jobs like teaching Italian, just to get started. Or do some volunteer work. I met an American in Moscow who had just finished his two-year tour of duty in the Peace Corps in Kazachstan. He had studied business and ended up doing consulting to small businesses there. At the end, he had learned Russian and had accumulated valuable experience in doing business there.

The point is--getting started somewhere is the most important thing. More important than what you do.

If Joe put the same determination in looking for a fresh new start elsewhere as he puts into fighting on this blog... he would probably be president of the United States by now!

;)

Ciao

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 21, 2007 02:04 AM

Joe p.s.
this attitude of "nothing for nothing"is not good at all,it is the attitude that get you stuck in a rut,"give and you should receive"to be generous opens many many doors.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 01:37 AM

Joe,no I do not have a personal blog,do you?why don't you start one?just out of curiosity why you keep coming in this blog,when you get cut all the time,lissen to Dave and lighten up.ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 01:32 AM

Joe,aren't you tired to fight with everybody?why don't you just relax and try to be nice with people?!

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 01:00 AM

Dave,not many people can live and go as they please, it is not that simple Joe is the classic example,stuck in Italy and it seems without prospects,(that why he is piss off with everybody),any idea how to help him out,that's what friends are for,I start to feel sorry for him.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 21, 2007 12:56 AM

Joe,

Everyone here knows that they cut your messages more than anyone else´s.

I could not figure out the criteria. In fact, even some of Grillo´s own posts do not seem to respect the rules of blog! This is all very Italian!!

But you´re Italian and live in Italy... how can you be surprised?!??

I think you should not care so much. You can post your messages and it does not really matter whether they are there two days later. People read them when you post them and then the conversation moves on.

Look at the topics on the Italian side. No one checks the messages at the bottom of the list...

You´re not banned because you post. People read them and then... who cares if they cut them?

Later

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 20, 2007 08:15 PM

Hey, Joe!

You keep changing names and picking on new people!
What´s up?

:D

PS
I think Ms Adele Beletet (Ms Hassome Niceboobs??? hahaha) and Mr. Pisello are actually on our side... if you don´t pick on them!
;)

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 20, 2007 04:03 PM

After reading Tommaso´s message, I could not help but wonder: why should anyone be concerned about saving Italy or making things better there?

If you´re happy with the way things go in Italy, stay there. If you´re not happy... leave.

To me, it´s as simple as that.

Countries are like hotels. Everyone is free to go where conditions are best. So is money. That´s what happens and what will happen.

Countries with bad conditions are bound to attract more problems. Countries with satisfactory conditions are bound to attract more money.

Why waste your life in the former?

Maybe in the hope of changing the situation? Maybe. It´s a noble aspiration but an unlikely one to be realized. I do not see any chance of that happening during our lifetime.

But good luck to those who decide to stay.
They need it.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 20, 2007 03:42 PM

Mister Siluro Che Batte

I am deeply sorry. I did not know you were in love with Manuela Bellandi.

She must be a very good waitress indeed and I sure can see how and why a gentleman such as yourself would fall head-over-heels for her.

I wish you and your beau a happy life and lots of offspring. The zoo will also be very pleased.

Yours truly,

Posted by: Adele Beletet | May 20, 2007 03:34 PM

In a long chain of causes and effects, it is not always clear which are the original causes. It's the lion's fault? It's because someone has opened the cage ? It's because someone has allowed to the cage to be opened?

It's because the Justice does not work in this country? Then why this is so? And why we do not have the right persons at the right places in Politics, Justice, Hospitals, etc?

Perhaps it is also a problem of rules and recruiting. And I am fighting for that. Please help me, visit my place:

Let me know your opinion and support, before I be terminated.

Tommaso

Posted by: tommaso gastaldi | May 20, 2007 03:01 PM

If you really wish to translate it, please, be considerate and give full credit:

Giangrande Pisello would be: HASABIG DICK.

Posted by: Adele Beletet | May 20, 2007 02:51 PM

Hello there,
I just finished reading some of the most influential Italian newspapers!
It’s incomprehensible, these Idiotic Politicians, intentionally I may add, look all over the places to justify all the misdeeds they are currently implementing.
I am convinced Italians are misrepresented by this Incompetent bunch!
What they continually refuse to acknowledge is the fact that this Political Structure need to be dismantled!
It’s unconceivable that it takes 9.5 million employees to make the government function (Actually not functioning at all!), it’s unconceivable that garbage in Campania can’t be disposed off after 13 years of crisis and billions wasted, it’s unconceivable that in Sicily the biggest employer is the Government, it’s unconceivable that Government buys 578000 cars for Politicians (The law said only Senators should have a car!), it’s unconceivable that Eni, Enel, Alitalia, Finmeccanica, Fincantieri, Autostrade, Telecom etc etc. while Italian pays the higher tax rate in the whole Europe!
These Idiots should acknowledge their nepotism, incompetence, inability to perform, and go home while dismantling the Party’s pyramid scheme and layoff half of the Public Administration with all the Consultants as well.
While every new Employ should go through a Head Hunter Agency and demonstrate his/her is cognizant of the job he/she applies for, including the Ministers (I am convinced each and every Politicians bought His/Her credential including the Honorees Laureate!)
Italy can’t support these Idiotic Load anymore!
Go away and don’t come back!
Thanks

Posted by: Giacomo Chiametti | May 20, 2007 12:00 PM

Berlusconi felt sick, maybe there is an hope...

Posted by: jeann jeann2 | May 20, 2007 11:52 AM

Joe ,give it a break with Mr. Rossi,go to sleep!

Posted by: carciufo | May 20, 2007 03:22 AM

Good POINT Mr WILLY opss sorry Mr PISELLO!!

To HIRE just disables in the Public sector...including the mental patients like Mr Enrichetto ROSSI??

P..r..ooff j.sm

Posted by: Dritto e Sicuro batte il siluro!! | May 20, 2007 02:22 AM

One question:

If thousands of public servants do absolutely nothing--why do they need to be "able" to be hired?

A disabled is just as good at doing nothing as an able public servant. Actually, given the predictability of the nothingness produced by the disable... things overall might end up working better, since everyone would know exactly what to expect!

Fix Italy: hire only disables!

Posted by: Giangrande Pisello | May 20, 2007 02:04 AM

Whatever they give today, it´s better than what they´ll give tomorrow...

Posted by: Oriano Scardin | May 19, 2007 11:46 PM

In other countries if you work for 34 years, and you are supposed to work for 35, they give you 34/35 of your pension, in taly they give you the minum wages (516 euros!)

Posted by: jeann jeann2 | May 19, 2007 11:42 PM