Political Evolution

evoluzionismo_politico.jpg

“The Pope has said that he doesn’t believe in evolution. I agree, in fact, the Church has never evolved.
I can’t cope with the fact that the Vatican refused Welby a funeral. It wasn’t like that for Pinochet, for Franco and one of the Magliana band”.

Andrea Rivera pronounced these words during the Massive May Day Concert. You can agree or disagree. But the words do not contain “incitement to terrorism” as stated by Osservatore Romano.
And neither does it seem to me to be a “vile attack” as whoever is vile stays hidden and Rivera was speaking in front of 400,000 people. He expressed an opinion that the Trades Unions didn’t agree with finally in a united way.
At least Rivera got them to agree on something.
It’s the Pope who is the boss in the Vatican, is that not right? Thus the Pope has the right to believe in whatever he wants, creationism, evolution, Democratic Party, it’s up to him.
And if he prefers Pinochet to Welby it’s still up to him.
The problem is not the Church but our dear employees. Who have not suddenly become religious, but in the search for the lost vote, they have been struck down like Paul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus.
Even Bossi, the honest priest-eater of times gone by, has booked his place at Pavia to kiss the Pope’s ring. It’s political evolution.
Is Montecitorio one of the offices of the Vatican Secretary of State?
Let’s resolve this problem at its roots. Let’s go back to having a Pope King, with a healthy theocracy. Things will work better in Italy.
We would have to put up with tiny consequences like the closure of condom factories and a few tiny fires in Campo dé Fiori for the naughty boys like Rivera. But you can’t want everything: to evolve, to be buried, to be governed by lay employees. Long live the Pope, King of Italy!

Comments

very nice information thanks...

Posted by: evden eve nakliyat | May 15, 2007 01:39 AM

----------
Evolutionists BUILD us a living cell.

[...]

Oh, you don't believe the 'original' Mother Earth recipe will work? You are NOT alone, Neither do I, and MILLIONS of others!

Posted by: James Collins
-----------------

Hi Great-mind,
the Argument is ended by far if you are able to study, learn and observe.
Anyway for very hard people it is more than sufficient the recent proof that our DNA sequence is equal to the one of chimpanzee for 99%

Now the argument is ended, Adam is mythology, there is no origin sin ...and so on and so far...

Posted by: Nicola Ulivieri | May 11, 2007 04:07 PM

I suggest you the following site:

Lot of information about recent discovery on Jesus and Bible real story...and Christian Church

NOT FOR SENSITIVE PEAPLE :o)

Posted by: Nicola Ulivieri | May 9, 2007 10:18 AM

Evolutionists BUILD us a living cell.

If evolutionists want to end the arguments all they need do is, get their brilliant heads together and assemble a 'simple' living cell. This should be possible, because today they certainly have a very great amount of knowledge about the contents of the so-called 'simple' cell.

After all, shouldn't all the combined Intelligence of all the worlds scientist be able the do what chance encounters with random chemicals, without a set of instructions, accomplished about 4 billion years ago, 'according to the evolutionists,' and having no intelligence at all available to help them along in their quest to become a living entity. Surely the evolutionists scientists of today should be able to make us a 'simple' cell.

If it weren't so pitiful it would be humorous, that intelligent people have swallowed the evolution mythology.

Beyond doubt, the main reason people believe in evolution is that sources they admire, say it is so. It would pay for these people to do a thorough examination of all the evidence CONTRARY to evolution that is readily available: Try answersingenesis.org. The evolutionists should honestly examine the SUPPOSED evidence 'FOR' evolution for THEMSELVES.

Build us a cell, from scratch, with the required raw material, that is with NO cell material, just the 'raw' stuff, and the argument is over. But if the scientists are unsuccessful, perhaps they should try Mother Earth's recipe, you know, the one they claim worked the first time about 4 billion years ago, so they say. All they need to do is to gather all the chemicals that we know are essential for life, pour them into a large clay pot and stir vigorously for a few billion years, and Walla, LIFE!

Posted by: James Collins | May 7, 2007 05:57 PM

Joe,with this "copy and paste"business,I got a nickname for you,"mr. glue" do you like it?you are getting appiccicoso come la colla,but I have to admit,you make me laugh will all the stronzate that you write,ciao have a good night and do not be overbearing with new bloggers,or you scare them off,and it will and up with only me and you,and that could be very very boring.ciao ps.have you registered your pippodepuppis...ect ect name on Hotmail ot Yahoo?Dave can get in touch with you,and my mustakes girlfriend as well.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 6, 2007 02:22 AM

Arnold,you wish to be in his shoes,keep dreaming!

Posted by: evakulnura | May 6, 2007 12:54 AM

"As for Raffaella Biferale, I'm not her mysterious boyfriend (her real boyfriend looks a little bit like Schwartzenegger when he was playing Conan The Barbarian and he's a mean MF)."

YEAH, NO WONDER HER BOYFRIEND IS A PILE OF MUSCLES... ONE WITH A BRAIN WOULD NOT STICK AROUND FOR LONG.

Posted by: Arnold Schwarzeinstein | May 5, 2007 11:50 PM

Giovanni,glad you are still here,hope Enrico is still around,this blog as change a lot in the last few months,as they say go with the flow,hopefully is not you and me stuck with Joe,and new people will join in to keep the balance,how life in the US,it is getting hot?ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 5, 2007 11:40 PM

Eva
I heard Al Bano makes good cheese at his place in Cellino S. Marco.
I bet if the Japs will have a piece of his caciotta, they will give him the keys to Tokyo;)

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 5, 2007 11:12 PM

Joe,well it seems now that somebody as the upper hand about english grammar,sorry but you are not a prof. anymore,the title go to Ilaria,and I am glad she put on your place for once,let's see now what else you can find,to pick on us,hei are you also so hard on yourself?take it easy,concentrate on strength not weakness on people,that is how to make long lasting friends,ciao ps.Al Bano is very very popular in Japan,with the Japanese,in case you decide to move there,to know few of is songs wont hurt.

Posted by: evakulnura | May 5, 2007 11:06 PM

Joe:

I believe that what you see as grammatical blunder it's just the way people talk in Chicago, where I lived for 11 years.

My wife is Italian and, of course, knows when to use the past tense more than myself...

What can I do?

Not only my wife picks on me for my English. Now I have also Tuscany against me. Will it end one day?

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 5, 2007 10:27 PM

PSS. Just before I go out for supper.... I do know my typing is pants and I do make mistakes indeed, but I find jolly amazing that that Prof Joe made this mistake:
"...Well,no offense meant for you,but from my humble point of view that's very amazing, as your English doesn't seem to me belonging to a person who has been living in an English Speaking country for so long (the same apply for Mrs EVAKULNURA)..."
He should have written:" ... the same applies to Mrs whatever..
Good night,
ilaria b

Posted by: ilaria barnett | May 5, 2007 08:12 PM

Thank you Giovanni for your support, I do feel happier now! :)
I was born in italy, but I am an acquired british citizen. Here the best italian restaurant in town is my home! I surely don't play cheesy music over meals! :)
Have a nice bank holiday everybody!
ilaria

Posted by: ilaria | May 5, 2007 08:05 PM

Hello Ilaria
Eva is right.
John Mill has a wide variety of reactions when it comes to meet people in the blog.
He is the voice from the other side of the wall, which gets pissed off a lot when others react to him or contest his opinion.
And, of course, he gets pissed off with me when I don't use the past tense while writing my opinion as well (nobody is perfect).
Eva
When 13 years ago I moved to USA, every time I got into an Italian restaurant, the background music was stuff like Funiculi' Funicola', Il Mare, Torna a Surriento and the like.
Cuore Matto is obviously a courageous step into the future.
I have a friend in Chicago who is like myself, from Bergamo: as a reaction to this old and obvious repertory he chosen to play Elio e le Storie Tese in his restaurant, making everybody happy.
On one side the Italians who, like myself, were sent to USA by their companies were out of the tunnel of "traditional common placeness" and were obviously pleasured and in high spirits because of Elio (of course Silos was not played).
On the other side the Americans liked the perfect style of execution which rendered EELST famous and because of this were discovering that Italy is not only Mandolin, Tears and Tarantella.

If I have to think at my worst time in an Italian restaurant abroad, the peak of the worst was in Germany, when the Italian cook made me listen to an entire album of Mino Reitano because he was happy to see an Italian after a lot of time.
(Don't get me wrong; Mino Reitano is a good guy but my musical taste is bound in another direction).

As for the Salame and Cotechini, I got busted once at the airport 9 years ago and I'm still pissed off by those stupid custom cops.

Posted by: Giovanni Principe | May 5, 2007 05:11 PM

PS
I am married to the guy in the picture above.

In replay to this.
Ok, quite funny, but again I got the balls to sign my posts, you don't.
Obviuosly in italy fair play in unknown. Bozo.
ilaria

Posted by: ilaria | May 5, 2007 11:28 AM

Ilaria,welcome to this blog,glad you do not let,Joe intimidated you,just give back as you receive,like you are doing,from your answer I can say you got a good sense of humor,Joe is not that bad,little bit overbearing at times,but overall pretty harmless,looking forward to hear from you again,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 5, 2007 01:05 AM

Joe Katherina Kasellina,
glad you know the song"la verita' mi fa' male lo sai",if you like to emigrate in Australia it is necessary as a good Italian immigrant to know not only this song,but few others like:
"non ho l'eta'"by Gigliola Cinquetti,
"cuore matto"by Little Tony,
"la partita di pallone"by Rita Pavone,
"non sono degno di te"by Gianni Morandi,
"amore mio"by Mina(where "basta lei" in reality takes two to tango),,
it would help you familiarize,with Sanremo songs fron the sixty and seventy,so go into your gramma and grampa ,and retrieve from la "soffitta" all those old records,if I remember I was told,you need a mangiadischi to listen to this songs,do you have one up into the "soffitta?
Another requisite to emigrate in Australia,is to tied up your lagguage,with a good rope "corda",as far as food is concern,please do not bring into the country any salami,mortadella or the like,it is prohibited,I suggest you eat your last "Pavesino" on the plane,eat slowly and savour each bite ,after that if you can make it,into the country,welcome to the land of .....VEGEMITE....and Crocodile Dundee ........just joking there more to it,to Australia,next I will send you some more informations.take care,ciao

Posted by: evakulnura | May 5, 2007 12:57 AM

PS
I am married to the guy in the picture above.

Posted by: ilaria barnett | May 4, 2007 10:16 PM

Wise words (with some mistakes though...but never mind of course!!)BUT to be honest I didn't understand who you addressed your post (or VENT) to, given that there are just 5 people left here...

Anyway, given your above rage and ruthlessness (unusual for a woman,apart from rare exceptions of course...) the doubt has crossed my mind that you are actually Mr ENRICHETTO ROSSI SNERT (Sex Needy Enrico Rossi Troll), "under cover" in the desperate attempt to dodge my almost daily huge blows towards him, or even worse his (frustrated) wife or girlfriend, aren't you?

If you are really Mr Enrichetto Rossi Snert's wife or girlfriend, well I profit by occasion to express my deep heartfelt sorrow and sympathy as well as sincere condolonces to you, even though, as British people say in such cases "as you make your bed, so you must lie in it."...ah, ah, ah, ah...(and it may apply for frustrated Communist voters as well...ah, ah, ah, ah...).

Posted by: ILARIA CHI? Perché non ci dici con chi ce l'hai? Furi i nomi!!! | May 3, 2007 10:25 PM

In reply to this.
At your contrary I am not afraid to write my name. (And yes I am married and I am a mother of 2 but simply to somebody else, so I deserve an apology, bozo) To whom I was reffering to, well to the it's bloody obvious. I am just pointing out the fact that a strong democracy should not be afraid of any opinion or be so subserviant to any faith.
And again, the fact the italian news and newspapers are more than happy to publish news to shift attention to real news... They just make italian fire up for things that are utterly irrelevant. A cover up in other words.
That's all, bozo
ilaria

Posted by: ilaria barnett | May 4, 2007 09:17 PM

It's no wonder.
Italy is not a free country, the Pope and the Church are in charge.
The worst of all is that nobody says a world, on the contrary all political parties seem very worried not to hurt Church's feelings.
The old D.C. (democrazia cristana) is even stronger than before.
:-((((

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 4, 2007 07:34 PM

It should not come as a surprise, to anyone who is
a bit familiar with history, and the past of the Catholic church, why people like Franco, Pinochet, and many others murderers and dictators throughout history, were held in high esteem by an organization like the Catholic Church.

In their eyes, even if this cannot be done as openly as in the good old days of the Crusades and the Inquisition, they were " Soldiers
of Christ ", or " Defenders of the Faith" or whatever other nice sounding name on that line, and they have served their Vatican masters very well, in ensuring Catholic control and oppression over their own people ( kind of country branch managers, on behalf of the larger multinational corporation which controls business on the larger scale ), even if in a less open and obvious way than it was done at the time when the church, through organizations like the "holy" Inquisition,
could openly terrorise humanity and torture and slaughter untold numbers of people, without answering for their crimes, thanks to the state of total ignorance and terror, the populations of that time were constantly kept in, until this level of terrorism, forced many to open their eyes and realise that these were not exactly kind and loving christian people, no matter what they claimed in public, and forced them to wear sheep clothes, so to speak, and continue their "holy work" in more covert ways.

The mentality which has given us centuries of intolerance, bigotry, child abuse, mass murder, horrors and terrorism like the crusades and the inquisition, and general population control through fear and guilt, is still as much at work today as it was in the past, only it is all done covertly, instead of openly.

The "holy" Inquisition, is still as effective today as it was in the past, actually much more effective today, due to the technology which is now at their disposal.

Posted by: Stefano Manfreo | May 4, 2007 02:55 PM

I am not Italian, I live here because my partner is. I respect my partners need to be here.

I was raised in a country where Catholics were the minority. My mother taught us children to always be honest and respectful of people of difference, including different religion and particularly not to treat the Catholic children on the way to their ‘separate schools’ badly. I think these were good values. It is sad that it seems the Catholic mothers didn't teach their children the same, particularly many of those that were destined for the clergy. The EU Euro barometer tells us Italy is the most bigoted country in Europe and from my experience this poll is pretty accurate. I experience it as very intolerant here and it is clear where the bigotry is stemming.

Seems Germany moved on after sending thousands of people it didn't like to the gas chambers. Seventy year later its junior war partner hasn't and nationalist rallies for the "family" are back in vogue. 'Aryan', 'Traditional families ' same old rhetoric.

This latest hysterical outcry of the Catholic newspaper is yet another pathetic disgrace. What a travesty to the victims of true terrorism. The families in New York, London, Madrid and Bali not to mention all of the Middle east and Africa.

The clergy demand respect, but respect is earned not demanded. Given the child abuse, the thefts, the untold priests with illegitimate children in their parishes and the clerics are suddenly shocked they are being confronted by a cynical, angry Europe ? This is an uncomfortable place for the clerics to be. Of course they personalise this as ‘anti.-Catholicism. Taking responsibility has never been something they are particularly good at.

I say good on the Italian comedians for talking the truth. To me these people are the honest and courageous Italians I yearn for. They do the country proud. Pity the unionists and so called socialist were not as courageous to support them in their stand.

Posted by: John Thompson | May 4, 2007 10:17 AM

The clergy demand respect, but respect is earned not demanded. Given the child abuse, the thefts, the untold priests with illegitimate children in their parishes and the clerics are suddenly shocked they arebeing confronted by a cynical, angry Europe ? This is an uncomfortable place for the clerics to be. Of course they personalise this as ‘anti.-Catholicism. Taking responsibility has never been something they are particularly good at.

Posted by: John | May 3, 2007 11:08 PM

Hi Joe :)

I think in a civilized society people should be honest and treat each other fairly for two reasons: because that´s the right thing to do and because, as a result, we would all be better off.

Not because of the threat of going to hell.

I therefore see little function for religion in the kind of society in which I would like to live.

On the other hand, I see lots of problems arising from religion--not least the creation of fictitious divisions among people. Europe, with its tolerance of religions, will have serious problems as a result.

The fact that China does not encourage the spread of other religions is, in my opinion, positive.

(I well understand that these limitations on personal freedom should not be taken lightly. And I don´t. To explain why, however, I would probably need to OWN the blog :D )

My opinion of religion in general and of the catholic church in particular is, overall, not very celebratory. To such conclusions I came after serious consideration of the subject (and despite many years happily spent in Catholic schools!). This would require yet another blog!!

I realize that many are much more enthusiastic about religion and I respect that. Some friends of mine, in particular, are very Catholic and I have held long but very serene debates about this subject--and we´re still friends! :) I respect different opinions of those who are devote. Maybe you are, though I could not quite glean that from your message. (Nor from the one about your sexual performances... haha!! forgive the joke!) :D

As for Chinese girls: have you ever had a Chinese girlfriend? My experience is very different from your opinion. ;)

I also like Russian girls. Though you better be careful :D

Some good things did come from communism after all! haha :D

The current breakneck economic growth in China is certainly unsustainable. This means it will surely slow down at some point. But there´s plenty of room for a slowdown when a country grows at over 10% a year.

By this I do not mean that there will be no problems. In fact, there are many potential problems and chances are some will emerge sooner or later. Inefficient lending practices, for example. Real estate speculation has caused real estate prices to soar. Environmental problems... just to name a few.

Yet, I do not see any place which is problem-free (not even the US). And I do commend the Chinese for having made so much progress in 30 years as it has taken Europe centuries.

Will I move there? I don´t know. I kinda like it where I am now ;)

But we´ll see. I´ll think carefully before making a decision.

Have you decided where to go? (Still pondering whether to move in with Raffaella or go to meet the mustached girl in Australia?? :P )

Keep me posted!

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 3, 2007 10:08 PM

I am astounded by the idiocy of these comments. Why can't you just be able to express ideas rather than uncontrollable verbal diahorrea...
Is that so difficult to aknowlege that in italy is impossible to make any remarks of any kinds. Is that difficult to see that italian politics is just made of endless scandals and unpunished corrupution, so any news to derage attention will do... It is so bloody obvious... Effing hell... open your eyes, wake up.
i

Posted by: ilaria | May 3, 2007 08:59 PM

"terroristici gli attacchi al papa"

chissa' se rivera rispondera: "se esprimere le proprie opininioni e' terrorismo, ALLORA vi prego: processatemi per terrorismo! VI PREGO, FATELO!in quanto non ho hessuna intenzione di rimangiarmi ne' testo ne' tono!

SAREBBE DIVERTENTE

" parole vili "
dice il vatikan

dipende, sessele rimangiasse...per esempio....

d'altronde dopo la "lettera" del daniele alla rai -via biagi-

un nuovo luttwazz ci manca...
... comunque so' brutti tempi, specie per chi dice la propria.....

ealloraddai: forza rivera!!

g.mazzola

Posted by: giorgio mazzone | May 3, 2007 07:46 PM

In Italy nobody can argue about, particularly against, Religion. Should some brave fellow rise some issues, he'll be likely to suffer from Catholic and political attacks labelling him/her as un undermining element of society who requires silencing or public blame.
Inquisition is still running through the Italian peninsula and no wonder that our "employees" take advantage of any debate to gather votes and electors.

The real problem with Italy, among Catholic countriesm is that we are the only who have not enjoyed the benefits brought about the Reform. In contrast, we suffered from a huge backlash with the "intelligence-killing machinery" named Counter-Reform. Ask Giordano Bruno, Galileo Galilei and many others...

And with the increase of Muslim presence, the narrowmindedness is even getting momentum.

Italy will never rise. We enjoyed our best years in the past, namely the Reinassence. After that, nothing good within the Mediterrena boot.

Cheers.

PS Watch "what the bleep do we know". Got some nice insights as to what Dogmatic Religions make to our minds...Pure acid!

Posted by: Luigi B | May 3, 2007 06:06 PM

Religion makes no sense.

Otherwise, it would be science.

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 3, 2007 04:40 PM