The worker of the year

lavoratore_2007.jpg

The ancient Romans had bread and circuses. Today we have only got the circuses left. The bread is precarious.
In the Coliseum, the gladiators that died were fewer than those who die on the building sites. The feast of the workers should be moved to 2 November, the day of the dead.
And May Day should be dedicated to the worker of the year. Someone will be found… For 2007, the title is won hands down by Tronchetti.
After 6 years when he has worked day and night, finally on 25 April his Liberation has arrived from the Spaniards.
And as luck would have it without the partisans, the externalisers and the unemployed following.

From la Repubblica, 30 April 2007:
Marco Tronchetti Provera, the yachtsman, leaves his Pirelli inflatable and walks along the duckboards in the port of Santa Margherita...
After a whole day at sea taking part in regattas, for Tronchetti it’s time for every day things.
But it truly is a short break in this long day of sport, third in the Coppa Carlo Negri and for him a first, he is absent with justification from the conclusion of the Telecom operation.
Dark blue jacket, hand shakes and hugs, smiles for everyone. Tronchetti is visibly tranquil and he’s not hiding the fact.
Straight after the end of the Pirelli Board of Directors meeting, he joined his wife Afef in the Portofino villa on Saturday evening.
And by 11 in the morning he was already at sea, at the helm of his Kauris III, the yacht in the maxi category for the race. Two swift races, intense, with a stiff but variable breeze, that exalts the men and women of the sea.
A few hours at Portofino with the family and then in the evening, back at Santa Margherita, this time at the helm of the Pirelli runabout PZero.”
Tronchetti will say: “Today’s regatta was great, the wind changed from one regatta to the next, it was more pronounced in the second."

Comments

Joe,

I think Enrico Rossi can post whenever and whatever he wants, any time. Like anybody else.

Ciao

Posted by: Dave Matthews | May 3, 2007 10:19 PM

Joe:
as I told you a couple of days ago, I don't agree always with Grillo's posts.
I hate Tronchetto too, but I don't think he's the worst problem we have in Italy. I find Grillo's attention to this person simply disproportionate. As you can see, whenever he's posting something about him, I keep from posting anything about this theme.
It's too much for me.
As far as the obsession definition is concerned, I can tell you that:
"Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a psychiatric disorder most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or "rituals") which attempt to neutralize the obsessions. Thus it is an anxiety disorder"
Everybody of us can self evaluete if the own behavior could be classified as obsession or not!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 3, 2007 08:24 PM

I would recommend visiting Australia first.

Posted by: Mark Franc Sterling | May 3, 2007 04:07 PM

Joe, you blew my carefully-crafted cover, which took may months of preparation!!!

Gee, thanks!
:P

Posted by: Dave Sterling | May 3, 2007 10:04 AM

Many Thanks!

Posted by: Sexleksaker | May 3, 2007 12:11 AM

Raffaella,

I agree with you--obsessive and boring.

My impression is that the description of the day on the yacht has only one purpose: stirring up envy.

This is quite pitiful. But it seems to work magic--at least on the Italian side.

PS
I was joking about stalking anyway ;)

Posted by: Mark Sterling | May 2, 2007 11:37 PM

Mark Sterling:
I'm not a jurist, I don't know if Beppe's behaviour could be classified as stalking, but certainly boring. I hate Tronchetto too, but I find that Beppe's constancy in posting against him could be classified as obsession!

Posted by: Raffaella Biferale | May 2, 2007 07:57 PM

Hey, for you stalking experts:

Grillo is following very closely (and very obsessively!) Tronchetti´s each and every move.

Wouldn´t this fit in your classification of stalking?

Are you going to file a report with the police now?

(Enrico Rossi wants to know.)

;)