Piazza Maggiore, Bologna, 8 September 2007

Click on the picture to see all the photos

Photo by Mario Bucchich

"Today marks the start of the new Renaissance forged by Italians. On 8 September 1943, the Royals scuttled off to Pescara. Behind them they left Italy in a shambles. Today nothing has changed. Parliament is occupied by unauthorized people chosen by Party secretaries. They no longer scuttle away - they don’t need to. They live in a world apart, with body guards and television. Politician – a term that is no longer worth a fig. Professional politicians. Professional unlawful ones. Not like those who help you park cars, the windscreen washers and the whores, They are the unauthorized ones. Nobody elected them. They have taken away our freedom to vote for a candidate.
I do not want the parties to decide who is to be elected to Parliament. Nor even that the Ministers are surprises in our Easter eggs. Before the voting, we want to know who will occupy the Ministries and who will be the Minister of Justice. If they pick Mastella, then let them vote for him. Let them elect him. Let them go along to the pay-as-you-go Primaries.
THEM, the enchantment of delegation. THEY WILL THINK OF EVERYTHING.
It is YOU LOT who have to take back your life into your own hands. It is you who must do politics everyday - in the supermarket, at school, at the work place, at the traffic lights, in the midst of nature, in your apartment block.
There is no one over the wall on the other side. If you knock at the door, it will stay closed. Stop believing the newspapers and television that just pump out lies. The banks, the media, politics, big business are all the same. The same people. There is a dragon gobbling up our country that makes you believe what it wants. That goes down on bended knees to interview timed-out criminals, members of the Mafia, the corrupted and those who do the corrupting. At the wave of a wand it transforms them into honest persons, statesmen. But all they are is paltry scoundrels who, in any other country, would have to hide their heads in shame! What example will you give to your children? Take these examples, Corona, Previti, the psycho-dwarf, Pomicino, Ricucci, Fiorani in his underpants, Geronzi the new President of Mediobanca who decides what will happen to the country’s finances! The more disgusting you are, the more you are famous? The more crimes you have chalked up to you, the greater your success? Is this what you want?
Amato the minister says he is worried that if the Left wing in the government doesn’t give a decisive shift in relation to public order, there will be a "return to fascism".
Amato, Craxi’s Treasurer, who never knew anything, who was always closeted in his office reading documents. That great fat hog was stashing away billions abroad and he didn’t know.
Where were you hanging out, Amato, that year when you released 26,000 criminals from the jails? You did it to prevent your accomplices, the public administrators, the wide boys in politics ending up behind bars. Don’t tell me you do not know about it. And now you are talking about a return to fascism. Of a security summit. Here there is no return to fascism, nothing but a swing towards common sense, nothing but the swing of a boot up the arse for those who voted for the Great Pardon. We know their names and their surnames. We will do them all at the next elections. These people sitting on the parliamentary benches must never again return. How many deaths, how many rapes, how many thefts has this Great Pardon brought about? Who is paying the price? Will it be perhaps that Minister of Caste and Injustice - for this is Mastella’s true title - who will be selling his apartments in Rome to compensate the family in Gorgo al Monticano?
The whole kettle of fish stinks to high heaven, the stench rises from the sewers and swirls around and you can’t cope. You live the whole time holding your nose. I want to sniff again the fresh winds of life, We need to unblock the manhole covers. Clean air and pure water. In our own lives and the life of the Res Publica. Piazza Maggiore is crowded to the gills with a throng of one hundred thousand, one hundred and fifty thousand people? 220 Italian cities and twenty cities in the world outside are on the same wavelength with us. This is the first time that it has come to pass. It is the magic of the Internet, of information freed from its bonds, it is our Woodstock for the rule of law. At least 300,000 people have signed today for a New Renaissance, for a law of popular initiative, a law to restore dignity to Parliament on three fronts:
- no to felons in parliament,
- no to political professionals, a couple of terms of office and then back to their jobs,
- yes to direct representation.
The signatures needed were all forthcoming in the space of one morning. People queued up for hours and were pleased to do so, just so that they could sign. I will take this draft law into Parliament and read it and we shall be eyeball to eyeball with anyone who opposes it.
This is a country of constitutional subjects. We are allowed to vote but only from among persons whom the parties choose. Sometimes we are allowed to say no to a law through a referendum. There is no referendum for draft laws that are floated. But when it comes down to it, the parties could not care less about the results of referenda. When the electoral law of 2005 was created, the Centre Right threw down the memory tube the results of the 1992 referendum.
In the Middle Ages, we had more rights than we have today. This is why a New Renaissance is necessary. Life lies in your hands. Politics is there to create happiness, hopes for the future and beauty.
Hopes of being able to find work, creativity, and hope for the family.
They have stolen the future from a whole generation. They have rendered them slaves to regulations. 25,000 persons have written to me explaining the misery they experience at work where they earn €4 per hour, two months at work and then back home again. I have gathered together all the testimony in the form of a book. Joseph Stiglitz, who won the Nobel Prize in Economics, wrote: "What is the use of sending your children to study at University to have them tossing the fried potatoes? Save the money you would have spent on a university degree for them!" And then there’s Ichino who quotes a forged article which I did not write in the Corriere della Sera. He slung the term of terrorist at me. Now, do you hear me? I issued the invitation, but I do not see you and there is only one thing that I am going to say to you and it is "up yours!" There are more than five million people in precarious employment in Italy. Are we going to put our heads in the sand and pretend there are none? Are we going to wait until the figure gets to ten million, or twenty million if you will? There is a terrible truth that no one will utter. There is not enough work. And when there is not enough work to go round, we have rules that regulate precarious employment. Our lads have no choice, so what do they do? They emigrate. If there were a proper labour market, the laws governing precarious employment would remain stillborn. The captains of industry would be forging documents in order to hire an engineer or a technician.
In our Woodstock what we have is people who want a different Italy, a true Bel Paese or Fair Land if you will, a land of people who do not tell lies and to whom nobody tells lies either. Let us set off now and we shall never stop.
Today is going to be truth and music.
Together we shall do it! There are so many of us, millions, and all we have to do is wake from a drugged sleep, so that we can smile at life and be happy at the thought of a New Renaissance."

Comments

Ops, I forgot Marco Travaglio e Milena Gabanelli! :-P (even if Travaglio is not really a tv journalist)

And I must say under Gabanelli, Santoro, Iacona, Annunziata there's a work of very much good journalists. Iacona itself was in the Santoro's staff, in the program Sciuscià...

Posted by: Lucas Malor | October 11, 2007 09:12 PM

>> Lucas, sorry I don't know the whole Ferrara
>> history; all I know is that to me he was the
>> only one on TV to ever seem to challenge
>> anything on the right or the left.

Well, "seem" is a good verb ;-)
I think the only, true journalists on TV in Italy, actually, are Riccardo Iacona, Michele Santoro and Lucia Annunziata. And I'm not sure Annunziata have a tv program yet... :-o You can say they are all "di sinistra" (I don't know I can traduce it, sorry :-P), but they don't save the Left from fierce critics.

I can't define them as pleasant people. But if I learned something in my life, is that good people sometimes could be also great a**holes...

'Bye from a great a**hole ^____^

Posted by: Lucas Malor | October 11, 2007 12:02 PM

Lucas, sorry I don't know the whole Ferrara history; all I know is that to me he was the only one on TV to ever seem to challenge anything on the right or the left. Maybe it is just an intellectual game in the space of that little hour and means nothing; I don't mean to defend him personally. I just expected that he would be FOR a more open USA-style politics, like direct elections!

Folco is a cousin of my husband's; I met him once and he was supremely uninterested in peons such as ourselves (to the point of what seemed to me to be rudeness). I gather he has had quite an admirable career, but again, belongs to a very different "class" than ours!

Francesco, don't consign Grillo to the fate of Mussolini and DiPietro. We have a saying in English: "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." I can't be much more than a bystander since I'm not an Italian citizen and can't vote in Italy. If I could I would be out there signing people up.

If you say any promise of change is an illusion, you have condemned yourself and your compatriots to the same masochism and menefreghismo you denounce. The politicians are surely the biggest part of the problem, so let's, like Grillo says.. have fewer of them and make them more accountable!! Instead of the guaranteed jobs-for-life like all the other tiresome sindacati.. let's have them try out the free market and "lavori precari"! Make them truly compete!

Posted by: Cynthia Quilici | September 29, 2007 01:07 PM

Il problema caro Grillo e'che anche TU sei o diventerai come i politici che tu accusi. Anche Mussolini era CONTRO ilsistema e sappaimo comee'andata a finire. Anche Di Pietro creo'un gran cambio e molte illusioni,ed adesso e'uno di loro con zero comprensionedei problemi delsuo stesso dicastero. L' Italia, da sempre, e'un paese di protestatari, di esterofili,di masochisti. Avendo vissuto dappertutto, devo confermarti che i politici sono incapaci per definizione ma che possono essere aiutati a fare meglio non attraverso baccano e menefreghismo, ma attraverso una piu'ponderata scelta dei partiti /candidati alle votazioni ed un piu' disciplinato supporto di che e' stato mandato al potere. Per favore rimani Grillo,ma non usare il potere acquisito comeun qualsiasi altro politico sfruttando le nuove illusioni che tu stesso stai creando.

Posted by: Francesco Sarno | September 27, 2007 05:18 PM

Ferrara!!!! Aaaaargh!!!! X-D

An ex comunist, ex friend of Craxi, ex human-being... :-PPPP

In one word, the bootlicker of Berlusconi

(As Benigni said:

God: Who is he?
San Peter: He is Giuliano Ferrara.
God: Peter, that part of the bible.... "In image and likeness of God"........ delete it!)

Ok seriously ^___^

It was the worst "polemist", the master of turncoats... his opinions have always an ulterior motive. Read his life I report, you can understand what I mean...

His tv programs on Berlusconi's channels was pure canvass. He started a great tradition in Italy, the "Trash Tv". Now he's *seemingly* a calm and serious journalist, and so more dangerous.... ;-)

PS: I don't want to pry into your personal life... but you are related to Folco Quilici?

Posted by: Lucas Malor | September 24, 2007 11:38 PM

>>Damn it! I took 26 years! X-D

Better late than never!

I want to take back a bit of what I said about the populace. It really is the monopoly of the journalist's ALBO that makes the newspapers and TV so ineffective.

I even watched a bit of Ferrara on 8 1/2 and I had expected him to be more energized by the popular turnout of V-day. Usually he is very Anglo/America-philic and generally more "modern" than many of his guests. But he had a very supercilious tone talking about "the blogs" as some lower form of life. I can't understand what HE does that is so special.. he doesn't do any original reporting, just reads and cuts and pastes and comments as do many other "giornalisti" whom, to precise, I would call pundits or in some cases really just mere presenters.

I came to the sad awareness that even Mr. Ferrara, who was really the only Italian on TV I could stand listening to about current events, has his own protectionist shields up. He can't applaud Grillo too much, because it would mean admitting to himself that you don't need an ALBO to communicate with people. Neither can he imagine very well any transformation in "the parties".. THE PARTIES.. everyone is crying about the poor parties. What about the poor citizens!? This is what happens when you stay too long in the comfy ALBO studio with hot lights beaming down on you, apparently.

Posted by: Cynthia Quilici | September 22, 2007 05:47 AM

@Cynthia Quilici:
>> don't pair my comments with those of the other
>> poster without making a distinction! He and I >> are completely different!

I simply forgot to write the name of "John M." before the second quote :-)

>> I said "a few years" in order to be kind. In
>> reality it took only a few months.

Damn it! I took 26 years! X-D

>> The Italians, judging by the "news"papers, do
>> not live in the PRESENT, but firmly in THE
>> PAST.
>> I fail to see how this could occur without, to
>> some extent, the complicity of the populace.

I must only agree.

>> There are so many unanswered questions!

The answers are known, but they are not spread... :-| you can read some of them on this site:

I hope we will live in a better country in a future.

'Bye!

Posted by: Lucas Malor | September 21, 2007 04:48 PM

Ma si`, che cosa potra` mai cambiare Beppe Grillo... Un esagitato come tanti che solo perche` ha un nome popolare fra tantissimi coglionazzi e un fantomatico blog (e tanto di seguaci ignoranti) si crede il nuovo paladino della denuncia sociale quando per primo lui e` un capitalista arrivista (altro che paragoni, vorrei vederlo il conto in banca di Grillo). Uno che facendo il comico da quattro soldi (non e` certo Benigni) ha scelto adesso per mestiere di fare populismo demagogico da due soldi... come se non fosse abbastanza incasinata la situazione dell'Italia, grazie anche a Grillo adesso ancora piu` ridicola e fatiscente agli occhi del mondo. Qual'e` l'introito economico di "Schizofrenic" Grillo? Che la pianti... che la smetta di rappresentare quella parte di cittadini onesti che lavora e suda sul serio... e di cui lui non fa parte. Ce ne vorrebbe un altro di V-day, per mandare a 'fanculo Grillo.

poet

Posted by: Salvo Guercio | September 19, 2007 10:45 AM

Posted by: Salvo | September 19, 2007 10:44 AM

Posted by: Salvo | September 19, 2007 10:42 AM

Posted by: Salvo | September 19, 2007 10:38 AM

Oops sorry I meant the plane crash in Ustica; nothing to do with Olbia. Please forgive me. I mean no disrespect to the victims or their families, nor to those of the many unresolved tragedies I left out, like those of the train station in Bologna, the ship explosion/fire/sabotage? years ago near Genoa(?).. the Moby ship of Olbia (maybe that's where I got confused - vedo, almeno c'e un lapide). There are so many unanswered questions! Who is REALLY interested in the answers?

Posted by: Cynthia Quilici | September 19, 2007 01:22 AM

ooo please, Lucas.. don't pair my comments with those of the other poster without making a distinction! He and I are completely different!

I said "a few years" in order to be kind. In reality it took only a few months. Upon arriving, I took to reading the giornali every day, La Repubblica, Il Giornale, Libero, Diario.. my Italian husband said "why do you read those things?" "To learn what's going on." " You won't learn anything from the newspapers, lascia perdere."

All I learned from i giornali was that nothing is ever concluded in Italy. ALL cases are like our Kennedy assassination.. to be lived over and over and over and we will never know who's involved or who is arrested or who is tried or who is found guilty and what's behind it; it's all a kind of fiction.

I found that most stories in the Italian papers that didn't revolve around Kabuki politics had to do with Olbia, Moro, Piazza Fontana, Marta Russo.. cioe' roba non risolta effetivamente da anni ed anni! Even a report of something as banal as shoplifting meat in a supermarket was a case finally adjudicated from two or three years previously!!!! The Italians, judging by the "news"papers, do not live in the PRESENT, but firmly in THE PAST.

I fail to see how this could occur without, to some extent, the complicity of the populace. The present is painful, acute, serious. The past is hazy, mythic, and open to interpretation (usually political, even the cronaca nera) on behalf of the numerous personaggi "eccellenti" e non.

And I see that the conspicuously "responsible" people of the ALBO have served to "Protect the Electorate" by covering up the impact of V-day and its inconvenient message.

Posted by: Cynthia Quilici | September 19, 2007 12:35 AM

@Cynthia Quilici
>> Because the Italian system rewards stasis and
>> decay. It rewards nepotism. It rewards cheating
>> and thievery. It bestows feudalistic, baronial
>> privileges and punishes newcomers.

You have understood this state in "few years" more than many italians...

"Stringiamci a coorte siam pronti alla morte" - "Join in a cohort, we are ready to die". I'm ready to die for this country? From Borboni, Vatican and Savoia, nothing is changed. Our politic is *hundreds* of years old.

>> Also why don't prominent Italians voice their
>> complaint that Spanish speaking peoples have
>> taken over the designation "Latin"? Latin came
>> from Italy and Italians are the original Latins
>> over anybody else.

For us, "Latin" is only the Ancient Rome's language.
We must preserve our "purity"??? It's absurd. This is a racist argument.

Furthermore, "Italian" only indicates "citizen of the Italy state". Our people came from:

Etruschi, Romani, Germani, Greci, Longobardi, Vichinghi, Franchi, Arabi, Spagnoli.

Our dialects are very different. The Sardinian is even a language! Stop to think about bad italian cliché, as "I Soprano" or Joey of "Friends"!!!!

Posted by: Lucas Malor | September 18, 2007 11:33 PM

Ciao Grillo, ho 31 anni e lavoro in Arabia Saudita da circa 2.Volevo farti i complimenti per il coraggio e per quello che fai, sono anche io come te un incazzato nero con il nostro paese e vorrei che cambiasse per avere un futuro.
Purtroppo, la societa non ha ancora capito che il mondo sta correndo mentre noi facciamo passi indietro...
Ho visto che la mia rabbia e la mia frustrazione mi facevano ammalare quindi me ne sono andato, ti prego di farmi sapere quando posso tornare.

Ciao e buona fortuna (ne hai bisogno)

Tazio Tassini

Posted by: Tazio Tassini | September 18, 2007 02:38 PM

He escuchado varias veces a Beppe grillo, ..acabo de entrar en este Blog...y leido algunos commentarios. y establezco relaciones..

A los que sueñan con otro mundo...les hago notar lo que pasa AHORA ..en este momento.. en VENEZUELA.
Escuchen ( en Internet ) Radio Nacional de Venezuela y veran como se esta soñando y CONSTRUYENDO ese mundo posible.Les alegrara el oido y levantara el animo.Me parece tan proximo a lo que leo en vuestro Blog...

Abrazos, Pedro

Posted by: Pedro Fernandez | September 18, 2007 01:18 PM

Ciao Beppe,

I am writing as an American living in Italy. When I first came here several years ago, I knew I would have to "accept" a "certain level" of corruption, of feudalism, of tribalism and campanilismo. The more I learned, however, the more depressed I grew. "How can Italy call itself a democracy?", I asked.. "when you cannot choose whom to vote for?" No-one liked to hear such unpleasant things, and they would defensively point out how high the rates are of people going to the polls in Italy vs. the US. "But what does it matter how many people go to the polls, if someone else chooses the candidates!?"

I was dismissed as suffering from some kind of disease.. just some kind of "americanata", like expecting the postman to deliver the mail or expecting the post office to have stamps or expecting to able to return a product that's defective or expecting to pay taxes and get a receipt. I felt guilty. Our democracy in the US has not always yielded great fruits (see the current administration).. but at a certain point we have the relief of knowing they will be gone; they can't keep coming back over and over and over like the batch of ancient zombies you have here, apparently un-killable.

I cried (I really cried tears) when I went to an inaugural party for a new local Italian newspaper, the boutique "communications" project of a grandson of the local "grande dame". It was a big deal, and, as I found out (this was all new to me), it had to be "sponsored" by some "responsible" member of a certain "ALBO." I asked why any person off the street couldn't just print or photocopy up a newsletter and distribute it if they felt like it. I was told by the head of the "cultural association".. "but then there would be No Control!". LIKE THAT WAS A BAD THING!! He seemed frankly surprised by my question! "No Control" over what "the people" could express!!?!! Of course, he was completely serious.. that this was On Behalf of the people, to Protect Them! I still have a lump in my throat as I write this, though the event took place a few years ago. Thank God the Internet will continue to erode this concentration of power and make such "control" less and less relevant.

And THANK YOU, Mr. Grillo.. for taking this to the level you have. I don't know whether your dreams will be fulfilled in our lifetime.. I hope so! But at least a certain subset of people are talking and acting like citizens instead of just spectators of the political Kabuki theatre. Congratulations. Please keep up the pressure as this is just the first step in Italians' being able to take control, for the first time, of their own country.

I really felt I had to write, in addition, to refute John M., who shows an admirable patriotism for a country not his own, but also an embarrassing lack of historical education not uncommon to Americans, be they Italian-Americans or no. My understanding is that Italy has always been a way-station for any number of ethnic groups. I have been to the north, where books in Italian are relegated to the tiny "foreign language section" and the street signs are all in German. I've been to Puglia and seen the Islamic architecture, and heard the echoes of Greek. The French in Naples. The Moors and the Normans in Sicily. I wonder if the poster lauding the "original Latins" has ever had to figure out what a certain kind of cut of meat or type of vegetable is named from one Italian town to the next, 5 miles away, where they are called something different!

Italy is unique, but not for some attribute of hermetic homogeneity this poster claims; that is a fiction. Italy as a region is old, old, old.. but as a nation is actually very young, and is just now taking its first baby steps away from feudalism. Italy will have to come to terms with the modern world, modern politics and modern economy at some point. It's essential not to put this transformation off too long.

The solution is not without risks. Both Italians and Americans have a funny sense of risk. A Neapolitan will drive the wrong way down a one-way street with no helmet, smoking a cigar, with his kid on the handlebars of his motorino. An American will put on a helmet and protective pads to go bike-riding down the block. But an American can risk leaving his job to try and find a better one. An American will risk putting money in the stock market, and an American bank will risk giving a loan to a small business. In Italy, these kinds of risks are seen as bordering on psychosis.. and they are right! Because the Italian system rewards stasis and decay. It rewards nepotism. It rewards cheating and thievery. It bestows feudalistic, baronial privileges and punishes newcomers. The great day for Italy will come when instead of seeing "the immigrants" all go home.. I see an African-Italian doctor.. or an Arab-Italian lawyer, or a Chinese-Italian politician, who got their positions by merit. And people can vote for the representatives they like, and kick out the ones they don't. And distribute pamphlets on the street without getting arrested or fined for not being in the ALBO. THAT will be a great day.

Best wishes and best of luck to Lorenzo, who had to leave Italy. It's not a question of who is cowardly. There is risk involved in leaving there is risk involved in staying; both require a different kind of courage. The risk in staying is like the risk you take leaving your money in the ("safe") bank or BOT or post-office annuity. Low interest and low reward; after inflation you will have lost money, so it isn't really as safe as you imagined. What remains to be seen is whether Italians will finally come to see collectively that the "safe" and "secure" status quo is risky in this way, and is not in their best interests.

Posted by: Cynthia Quilici | September 17, 2007 12:27 PM

I believe the Italian government and political system needs to be improved. There is quite of bit of corruption, weakness and political views from one extreme to the other. However, being an Italian-American I feel the biggest threat to Italy right now is this mass influx of immigrants both legally and illegally. There should be a petition against this more than anything. What will happen to Italy if this continues? Italians will eventually become minorities in their own land and will be intimidated by these peoples. What are they doing there in the first place? They don't belong there. Italy is not a melting pot country like the USA or other countries. It is a homogenous country devoloped over centuries and if this immigration continues it will forever change Italian society. Italy should taken care of its own people instead being it still has poverty and unemployment in the south part of the country. Some people say Italy needs immigrants because of a low birth rate. So what does that mean? Let foreigners increase while Italians decrease? Italians should have more children instead. I feel this immigration to Italy must stop and most of those people should go back to where they come from. These people should be helped in their own lands instead of coming to Italy. Already there are terrorist cells in Italy and crime is increasing. Also why don't prominent Italians voice their complaint that Spanish speaking peoples have taken over the designation "Latin"? Latin came from Italy and Italians are the original Latins over anybody else.

Posted by: John M. | September 13, 2007 03:52 AM

Well done to Beppe and 1 message to Lorenzo Pisani: Lorenzo why on earth are you thinking of being a coward ? Running away from Italy means not being able to partake the so popular party of the "raccomandati" which is well spread. People are appointed to high jobs because of their capacity of "leccaculo" not because they fit for the job. The average italian is just so ignorant (probably only a 20% is able to read and speak english properly) and the parlamentarians are exactly the mirror of the italian society. I've been out of italy for 11 years now: I am not homesick at all aware of having made the best choice of my life. Professionally, I found much more satisfaction outside Italy. Italians living in Italy are cowards, not you. At the end of the day, whatever is the problem they just sit in front of the beloved trash RAI TV after they finished their beloved spaghetti and tomorrow is another day !

Posted by: cristian ekipaser | September 12, 2007 12:37 PM

Posted by: cristian ekipaser | September 12, 2007 12:36 PM

congratulations Mr. Grillo and the ton of people who are with you for your effort. The democracy in hole Europe (not only in Italy) needs a Renaissance. I'm following you guys from Spain and I think that the italian Civic Society is giving a good example to the rest of Europe. The politicians are our employees, not viceversa as they behave like. Go ahead and Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Markel Bilbao | September 11, 2007 12:40 PM

Ciao Beppe,
Ho votato anche io al V-Day, sono scandalizzato, perchè nei giornali di questi giorni non vedo scritta una parola di critica alla proposta, ma tutti alzano il polverone sul nome di Biagi. Mi sento davvero l'ultimo a poter giudicare, ma credo che la famosa richiesta di Ichino tu la possa accogliere al di fuori del V-day, proprio perchè nei fogli che abbiamo firmato di biagi non si parlava proprio...

VOGLIO SENTIR PARLARE DI QUELLO CHE IO E ALTRI 300.000 ABBIAMO FIRMATO, E POI, DOPO, ANCHE, DELLA LEGGE BIAGI...E DI MARCO BIAGI!

Il libro da poco uscito di Mario Calabresi, parla della politica in termini simili ai tuoi. si appella ad un dovuto approfondimento sui singoli attori politici, ad una nuova coscienza cittadina, oggi ancora più possibile grazie ad internet ecc... Basta urlate, basta destra e sinistra, due gambe dello stesso culo... basta offese mediatiche...

Mi piacerebbe vedere un dibattito serio, non a vaffanculo e terrorista su un tema gigante come quello del precariato... va tutto a favore della proposta da noi firmata... in favore di una consapevolezza comune... basta falsi!!!

So bene che le parole di un 20enne valgono poco, ma spero possano essere ascoltate almeno da te...

Grazie Beppe!

Posted by: rizzi luca | September 11, 2007 12:33 PM

Coraggiosissimo Beppe, scrivo da Melbourne (Australia) per congratularmi con tutti coloro che hanno reso possibile il miracolo del Vaffanculoday, e dato vita ad un sogno che sembra possa diventare realta’!
Data la distanza, ho solo potuto partecipare alla marcia “virtuale” dei duecentomila e passa. Ora mi auguro che l’8 settembre 2007 non rimanga solo uno sfogo di tipo gogliardico stille anni sessanta, ma che marchi il primo dei tanti passi necessari ad estirpare il malcostume che regna da secoli. Un’impresa ardua e di cui non si devono sottovalutare le difficolta’... Ricordo ancora i sogni nel cassetto del sessantotto, che sono rimasti tali... Infatti sono proprio quelli della mia generazione che riscaldano ora le poltrone, fatta esclusione per alcune “mummie” tenute ancora in vita dal sistema.
Spero che i prossimi passi vengano compiuti con la stessa intelligenza e preparazione che hai dimostrato fin’ora, evitando di cadere nello sfogo a suon di parolacce che spesso leggo nei commenti dei tuoi simpatizzanti.
Niente di peggio che scendere allo stesso livello dei politicanti attuali, o fornire loro occasioni su di un piatto d’argento per ridicolizzare le idee, la passione, i contenuti di quanto gia’ seminato, deridendoli come una manifestazione d’immaturita’ da parte di un gruppetto di ragazzotte e ragazzotti che hanno solo voglia di fare un po’ di chiasso ad una festa rionale.
Quello che avete iniziato ha invece il potenziale non solo di veramente marcare un cambiamento radicale, ma anche di diventare d’ispirazione ad altri, in altri paesi, visto che, in modi piu’ o meno sfacciati, i politicanti sembrano essere tutti di una stessa razza, provenienti dalla stessa scuola di bugie e manipolazioni.
Buona fortuna in Parlamento, ma ormai sai di non “essere solo”, siamo in tanti e questo ora lo sanno anche loro.
Ciao e buon lavoro
Pasquale Palmieri

PS: mi piacerebbe iniziare ufficialmente un gruppo a Melbourne, ma non mi sembra appropriato che si debba pagare una cifra associativa... Che facciamo? ricreiamo la tessera del partito? Non credi che sarebbe il caso di rivedere la cosa un attimo?

Posted by: Pasquale Palmieri | September 11, 2007 09:06 AM

Dear Grillo,

I am one of the many citizens who participated to V-Day in Rome at 'Parco Schuster'and signed.

Since then I have tried to monitor the main Italian TV channels just to see how they would have reported the event.

This is a short summary of my personal observations:

RAI 1 and RAI 2 (the so called 'public service'): no coverage at all before the event and on 8 and 9 September, some minor reporting of the Bertinotti/Casini comments on September 10.

Rete 4, Italia 1, Channel 5 (Mediaset private channels): no coverage at all before the event, limited coverage on September 8/9, reporting of politic comments on the evening of September 8 and on September 9 and 10 (today).

I have also signalled this
censoring action of RAI 1 and RAI 2 to the site of Mrs. Rosy Bindi (one of the official candidates to lead the new 'Partito Democratico') and I have also invited them to officially state their position about this gross negligence of the RAI public service.

I would also draw to this blog attention that some parlamentarians (see the Nando Dalla Chiesa comment to V-Day at www.rosybindi.it) recognize that the V-Day initiative for a clean parliament and for direct candidate election are basically sound, that they have already tried to push something similar before but that they did not succeed because of the fierce opposition of the majority of the parlamentarians.

My Best Wishes to all
Luca Cellai

Posted by: Luca Cellai | September 11, 2007 08:35 AM

Wow... amazing Beppe.
Last Saturday I was feeling home-sick to Italia. (which is "strange" for a Dutch-person)

Reading your lines - makes me even more home-sick: it describes exactly how good the Italians can be. The emotions, the feelings, the "life" which is really here.

Sono feduciouso nostre Renaissanse will live!..
You are giving us the hope that we are looking for. Don't stop!

Grazie Mille, Ciao,

Robert

Posted by: Robert Vissers | September 11, 2007 08:31 AM

salve,critica a grillo;premetto che grillo mi e' sempre piaciuto,ed ho sempre parlato con chiunque,del talento e coraggio,nel esporre certi argomenti.
Caro Beppe,perche' mi fai partecipare questi politici,che fanno gia' parte del sistema?Il sistema che tu vuoi combattere,non lo inviti a nozze;hai donato loro un'altra opportunita',un'altro palcoscenico,per fare quello che tu hai sempre combattuto,l'arroganza.Mi dispiace,ma questa non la vedo;mi piace la data del'8 settembre;una data che noi tutti italiani nel mondo dobbiamo ricordare;a proposito di DI PIETRO nel blog parla di onesta' ecc,lui ha avuto tanti benefici essendo in politica;adesso lo dico no v-day;
DOVETE ANDARE TUTTI A CACARE;BEPPE SPERO CHE DA BUON GENOVESE,ALMENO QUESTI PAPPONI ALMENO TI HANNO PAGATO PER ESSERE STATI NELLE TUE PIAZZE,COMUNQUE MI HANNO FATTO GIRARE I COGLIONI

Posted by: giuseppe | September 11, 2007 06:41 AM

Dear Beppe, I am one of the thousands italian young people that just ran away from Italy because of all this sh..it (sorry but this is the only word that really match with my feelings).
I moved to Australia just in March after the Government dropped for the nth time in February.
I m 25 yrs older and i can't see any hope for my future in Italy because of:
- unemployment
- instability of the Government
- Absurd bureaucracy
- Corruption everywhere (even in the Sport)
- and so on...
Medias want us to think that everything is going good, that there are no problems but it is not the truth. E.g. they talk about an improvement of the employment rates... but WHAAAAT??

I am from Taranto (south Italy) and I was forced (because finding a job in South Italy is simply an Utopia) to move to Milan (north) to find a job after my degree.. and what did i find??? other bullshits as:
- to find a job concerning your skills, you are asked to work for free or for few money for at least 6 months (can someone explain me how can someone survive without any income especially in a very expensive city like Milan???)

-if you are lucky then you can work finally as "precario"(temporary employee).

-Your status as temporary employee can last years because there are many tricks that companies use to cheat the law "Biagi", e.g. after your temporary work-relationship comes to the legal end, the same company (but under another fake name) employs you again.

-Your salary as temporary employee is lower than the standard (another nonsense, here in Australia casual job is paid a lot more than average)

The last shame (but not the least)is the public information...
IT'S UNBELIEVABLE THAT NO ONE ITALIAN PUBLIC MEDIA TALKED ABOUT THE V-DAY (international press should know about it.. how can we be considered a civilized and democratic Country?)

PEOPLE MUST KNOW, Italians nowadays, live in a cocoon, isolated from the rest of the world.
If they only knew how things go on abroad, they would realize in what sort of miserable condition they are living.

The discomfort I feel is huge, and honestly at present, my will to come back to Italy is nothing.
Maybe I am a coward because I am trying the easiest way (running away) but I can't see any light in this darkness.

I want sincerely to thank you Beppe to giving me (us) an HOPE.

GRAZIE