Convicted and Content

Cuffaro_Falcone.jpg
Click to see the video

Once upon a time there was a happy cuckold. Today there is the happy convict.
For Cuffaro five years and the prohibition on holding public office is better than the title of “Cavaliere” or “Commendatore”. Casini is emotional, he thought it would be worse, at least 20 years. The psycho-dwarf called the “coppola boy” to give him his congratulations. The convict is, above all one who has been persecuted, a political refugee. For him Parliament is the logical haven. When he gets to the Lower House or the Senate he can finally commit crimes in blessed peace.
D’Alema (it has a strange effect on me to say his name, it seems to be talking of a defunct) explains that there is no conflict between the Caste of the politicians and that of the magistrates. And it’s true, the magistrates are only chasing, in accordance with the law, the Caste of the delinquent politicians, because they are delinquents not because they are politicians. But confusion has sovereign reign and the difference between delinquent and politician is getting ever less clear for the citizens.
Dini, the consort of the spry bankrupt, talks about democratic emergency. I don’t know why, but when I see him I’ve got the impression of pulling the chain in the lavatory. Perhaps a reflex reaction with regards to dung. The Mastella family set up on their own. They’ve all been got, from the father-in-law to the wife. It’s not done to set up disloyal competition to mafia families. Sooner or later you pay.
The President of the Republic, Napolitano, stays silent. The President of the Senate, Marini, stays silent. The President of the Lower House, Bertinotti, stays silent. The President of the Council, Prodi, however, is talking. He’s giving his moral support to the ceppalonic investigated one, and to his wife who is under house arrest. What do these people represent? Everything, but not honest Italians.
De Magistris can stay in Catanzaro, but not as the Prosecutor. He can stay only if he no longer does investigations. They have taken away from him the investigations as well as 8 months of service. His used car not yet. At this point, those under investigation, Mastella and Valium Prodi are guilty. Anyone who abuses their own position to block the work of the magistracy is guilty “a priori”. In fact they are twice guilty. The tsunami is arriving. Can’t you feel the smell of someone who is soaked in the air?

PS The snow is melting. I repeat: The snow is melting.

V2-day, 25 April, for freedom of information:
1. Put your photos on www.flickr.com with the tag V2-day
2. Put your videos on www.youtube.com with the tag V2-day
V2-day_Fist_Lady.jpg
Clicca l'immagine

Comments

Thanks for the poem Ray!!!

Posted by: grace | January 26, 2008 07:16 PM

come gli alberi
rinnova i colori.
raimondoloriga@forzagiamaica.zzn.com
tel /065125811
kiss

Posted by: ray loriga | January 26, 2008 12:42 AM

Hi guys!! Shall we vote or not? I say none of us go! And then what? We all go back home!!

Posted by: grace | January 24, 2008 08:36 PM

Dear Robert,

"voting against all those fuckwits" as you put it in your post means what exactly? Who do you hold as credible? Who is the serious party you seek to support? I would be very curious to find out your opinion on that issue. Grazie!

Posted by: Filippa Hoffman | January 24, 2008 11:28 AM

Grillo's posts on this side of the blog are much slower and I think I'll use the Italian section instead, testing my weak Italian...

At any rate, I'm Scottish but my wife is Italian and she'd like to vote in the next elections (if they happen at all), coming to Italy for the specific purpose of voting against all these fuckwits who keep robbing your Country bare. I agree with her, because I can see the rage in her eyes when she watches satelliteTV swearing against the imbecilic newscasters: the truth in your beautiful Country is just a chimaera...

Posted by: Robert Roy | January 23, 2008 11:26 AM

15 years ago it would have been completely unacceptable to have convicting politics still in power. Now after all this time the brainwashing is so effective that many Italians don't even realise the mafia is the Government, or the government bribed the mafia (choose your theory!)

PS Cheers to the students of the Sapienza Uni. If Razinger wanted to be accepted from the univ. he should leave the life matters to biologists and completely drop the distasteful pseudoscientific theory of "Inteligent" Design.
What's next he will make global warming predictions?

Posted by: Andreas Angelopoulos | January 22, 2008 11:30 PM

questo video è pazzesco... lo trasmetterei a rete unificate per 24ore di fila.

Posted by: guido tagliapietra | January 22, 2008 05:31 PM

Grace, you see faces where I only see asses permanently glued to their chairs! No need to vote again for these mafiosi who are exactly the same regardless of the idiotic Parties they belong to. Only a total abstention in the next election might bring some needed changes.

Posted by: Mark | January 22, 2008 02:50 PM

What would happen if noone goes to vote at election day? Sometimes the best solution is not doing anything at all - which seems to be the general Italian approach anyway.

Posted by: Filippa Hoffman | January 22, 2008 09:57 AM

I was getting ready for work and watching La 7 when one of the leaders of the opposition had the nerve to say that all italians want elections! FOR WHAT REASON DO WE WANT ELECTIONS? TO PLAY MUSICAL CHAIRS AND SPEND MILLIONS OF EURO ON CAMPAIGN ELECTIONS?Firstly, I repeat am not going to vote again if I see the same faces!! Secondly I will never vote for any one over 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The nerve of some people how dare they assume things!
This country needs reforms it needs radical changes!!Something needs to be done!
Hello!! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

Posted by: grace | January 22, 2008 09:01 AM

I too am fed up with the Italians who don't care about what is going to happen tomorrow!! I for one will not vote ever again! They are all the same, no one honestly cares about the real problems of this beautiful country! I'm one of the lucky ones that have dual citizenship and can go back to Australia whenever I want!

Posted by: grace | January 22, 2008 08:03 AM

ciao
non ti piace la lirica italiana?

Posted by: ray loriga | January 22, 2008 06:08 AM

i ds non esistono

Posted by: ray loriga | January 22, 2008 06:01 AM

the question off romano for palazzo chigi?

Posted by: ray loriga | January 22, 2008 05:50 AM

Bravo to the students and professors who protested Grand Inquisitor Ratzinger. I will definitely sign their petition.

The childish adulation by many Italians of this clerical fascist and the corrupt corporation he directs is a major part of "il malessere."

L'affaire Cuffaro -- what a disgrace. Now Sicilians has two convicted "employees" representing them -- Cuffaro and Marcello Dell'Utri. As I've heard people say in Sicily, "Qua il governo e' la mafia."

Posted by: George De Stefano | January 22, 2008 05:44 AM

to stop or
perish
or advance
alike
indifferent.

ciao
senti beppe e il dolce stil novo?

Posted by: ray loriga | January 22, 2008 04:42 AM

hello beppe
from ray loriga
21/12/2012.....the end?

Posted by: ray loriga | January 22, 2008 03:42 AM

the matter about pope and "la sapienza" came right to explain the foreginer something on italian's system and why things were so hard to change.
some time ago more than sixty teacher signed an open letter were concerned some dubt about about having as opening season's guest the highest lead figure of a religious group (for short: the pope). Nothing that strange (the letter was mounth old). Press, not berlusconi or prodi's press...but the WHOLE MAIN NATIONAL PRESS (understand is important in order to understand all) *never* talk about it. Until, some nut kids (some bunch of students religion's hater) start to make some mess (sings chorus, dress odd and other fancazzisti's things you find in any european high school). Well, after these idiot appeared... the WHOLE MAIN NATIONAL PRESS start to thrust in ALL our tvs these idiots... claim almost like if they (students) were obstructing the entrace to the poor pope (what they said about the forget sixty teachers? some thing like "everything begun by the fault of a letter siged by some intollerant teachers").
where else the press work so well on "one side"?
under a regin, 25 april ended one. Who is here, the next 25 april, will try to fight another.

Posted by: Alessandro C. | January 21, 2008 09:19 PM

Don't be sorry Italian student. You did the right thing. I had already signed this very important petition. I am surprised that Grillo is not commenting on this event. Afraid of the afterlife Beppe?

Posted by: Mark | January 21, 2008 06:22 PM

Off-topic

I'm very sorry for this off topic.

In italy students and professors of "La Sapienza - Rome" university protested against obscurantism of the pope Benedict XVI, they exercized only a constitutional right of speech(article 21th of the italian constitution). The Vatican media establishment created a false propaganda to target the credibility of these students and professors.
An online petition has been then created to support students and professors and to support the right of speech and the right of thinking not only in italy, where Galileo Galilei was born, but even in all the nations that face the religious attempt of create a teocratic system.
If you are interested please read and sign the petiton at:
Thanks

Posted by: Italian student | January 21, 2008 03:31 PM

Off-topic

I'm very sorry for this off topic.

If you are interested please read and sign the petiton at:
Thanks

Posted by: Italian student | January 21, 2008 03:29 PM

And - WHERE are you, people of Italy? All I am seeing is indifference towards all these scandals big and small.
If you continue to mainly care about wearing labelled clothes and look cool on the piazza getting off your flashy car talking about what's for pranzo today there will be no change whatsoever. And be sure that your beloved bimbi will be struggling to come even near a dencent, healthy life.

Posted by: Filippa Hoffman | January 21, 2008 12:32 PM

It's a tragic play, a mere theater. The world is looking on Italy - De Magistris, Forleo, Napoli, Mastella, Sicily - in disbelief. Italy is a part of Europe in geographical terms only.

Posted by: Filippa Hoffman | January 21, 2008 12:21 PM

Correct mistake:
gasoline 2wheel are prohibited in Shanghai from 1996.

Posted by: fabrizio | January 21, 2008 11:44 AM

DongTan will be ready in 2010.

Will be built on ChongMing island near ShangHai.

500.000 resident are estimated.

Only EV and Hydrogen vehicles will be permitted in their roads.

In ShangHai gasoline 2wheel are prohibited from 1966, only eBikes permitted...

A new, more ecological waste system is projected for DongTan...

Gordon Brown, english PM in visit to ShangHai adhere the project yesterday.

George Bush is always more alone barking the moon in tivvi'....

Posted by: fabrizio | January 21, 2008 11:38 AM

I am british and i also live & work in Italy now for many years,
but i am pleased to say i for one have had enough!
I have had enough of the telephone companies over charging
The ever changing rules that do not work
the payments over the top for everything,
the constant difficulties in running a buisness,
the Italians that do not like change!! and the attitude" i'm alright jack" ( this is the real pain) do they realize there is a word called tomorrow?

I dont think that the many people i have helped over the last 20 years will be pleased to see me go as i have only ever invested money time and energy in all of them in exchange for nothing.
( not that i wanted anything in return)

It has taken me along time to accept defeat, but that is how it is, so it's time to leave the country that i have always deeply loved, because i have finallyrealized that Italy dosent love me!

Going Going Gone!

Posted by: dee cozier | January 21, 2008 10:45 AM

Hello Everybody,
I would like to say again that there is nothing new in Ciuffaro story, in sicily is impossible to occupy political positions without being in close relation with mafia and criminality. There is no hope for that region.
I'd like to thank Beppe, because it is just like listening to me and thousands of honest italians, I am happy that now Italy knows that there is a politician cast of corrupted politicians. I am sorry to say that the only chance we have is a popular revolution. Because the cast is not going to leave the power. Please Beppe organize an other vaffanculo day, this time will be different.
I agree with Simon Carey (the first comment) because I am italian and I live in Finland, and for me also Italy is a good country to go on Holiday.
P.S. please Beppe accept signatures from foreign countries for the second Vday, because may be I can't come for that day.
Also contact me for forming a Beppe Grillo friends group in (Turku) Finland.

Posted by: Dino De Blasio | January 21, 2008 09:40 AM

I am english and live and try to make to make a living in Italy. I have italian friends in the UK and Germany who say italy is only good for the holidays.
For those honest italians I hope this is not true.
Every day it seems there is worse news on italy's political situation the 25th April seems a long way a way....

Posted by: simon carey | January 21, 2008 07:26 AM

"The tsunami is arriving. Can’t you feel the smell of someone who is soaked in the air?"

A tsunami is on its way. Can't you smell the wet stench in the air?

Posted by: Adri Mian | January 21, 2008 05:59 AM

What on earth is a "defunct"?

Surely you must mean that you believe D'Alema is now a relic?

Posted by: Adri Mian | January 21, 2008 04:53 AM