V2-day and Petronilla the orang-outang

V2-day_operaio.jpg
Clicca l'immagine

V2 day was a success because almost 500 locations in Italy and abroad participated, because 1,300,000 signatures were collected in a day, because 120,000 people listened standing up for 6 hours in the hot summer sun, economists, environmentalists, labourers, mathematicians and also Beppe Grillo. But V2 day was an enormous success, extraordinary above all for the reaction of information. For the comedy of the information, with TV news programmes that dedicated 3 minutes to Rome’s orang-outang called Petronilla and not even a second to V2 day. Five minutes to the white shark in California and not even a second to two million people who supported a popular referendum.
The information of the regime has been the best sponsor of V2 day. Unmissable some of the ways I was framed from below so as not to make the people visible. It is the same technique used by the Polish communist regime for the visit of John Paul II on his first visit to Poland. There were millions of people but it seemed that he was speaking in a vacuum.
People, if it weren’t for you I would feel at a bit of a disadvantage. I would start to think that the mad one is me. That it is right that a politician possesses three national TV channels. That Italy is considered by international institutions to be semi-free in relation to information. That in Parliament there are 70 people who are convicts, “prescritti” and on remand. Yes, the mad one is me and you too, you who came out into the streets on this beautiful sunny 25 April.
V2-day_piazza_San_Carlo.jpg

Piazza San Carlo Turin, 25 April
We are freedom mad. Thanks, thanks again, I could spend hours shouting “thank you” to you from the window. I know that you can hear me.

V2-day, 25 April, for freedom of information:
1. Put your photos on www.flickr.com with the tag V2-day
2. Put your videos on www.youtube.com with the tag V2-day
3. Give your support to V2 day

V-day.jpg

4. Download the V2-day flyer

V2-day_Di_Pietro.jpg
Click to see the video

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

beppe....i'm italian but i'm writing here cause too much people are writing in the italian side of your blog.....actually i'm living in miami and i'm working here too....i feel bad for what is happening in italy but the situation here is not better....for this reason i was thinking something of more big of you are thinking.....maybe is not time for an italian revolution.....maybe is time for a world revolution....like you always use to say we have got to start from the little country...i paesini....from the majors of the little towns....but is time to start to think at the future...in italy like in the united stetes.....a guy 2 days ago told me..."i don't care of the world...when the end will be here i will be death since long time"....so,i think we have to teach something to the persons like him....we have to kill the ignorance....i always thought this but i always thoughy"what i can do alone?....i dont know you for real even if i wish,but you are a good person cause since i start to read this blog i never felt alone....nomore....and i'm in debt with you and with all the other person are writing good words in this blog....there's a lot of italian people here in miami and if you want i can help you to writw down some signatures for your referendum....just let me know if that is possible and what i can do....you have my e-mail.....i will be glad to help in all my free time....thank you........un bacio a tutti........kisssssss....jonathan

Posted by: jonathan maccanti | May 1, 2008 09:37 AM

ma a chi vuoi prendere per il culo? con il tuo reddito ti puoi permettere di fare il belino quanto vuoi.....non sei migliore degli altri ,anzi sei peggio...molto peggio.......

Posted by: mario palazzo | April 30, 2008 05:07 PM

Grace

The "free" schools you went to are proving not to be so good under any respect. The more you write, the clearer this gets.

Those who paid for your "free" school (the taxpayers, I guess), sure wasted their money!

Posted by: Dis Grace | April 29, 2008 07:09 PM

"nothing is free" Well the fact that I can write whatever I think without having to worry if someone's going to shoot me, pretty good to me! Go live in Russia and write and say what you think! Even better move to China!!!Then we can have a serious discussion about freedom!!

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 05:11 PM

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 05:11 PM

Nothing is free? You wanna see "free"? Check-out Bear and Sterns.

Posted by: LP | April 29, 2008 03:18 PM

Gary, no disrespect but, the U.S. is no longer the bastion for anything, about anything for any country -never mind Italy. Berlusconi's idols, Bush II and his neocons, turned the U.S. into one of the most despised country around the world, (if not the most despised) and a quasi-police-state. The U.S. is a declining empire, comparing the American situation with Italy's situation is like comparing apples and oranges: both round, but nothing else the same. You say Italy is not "much different from any other Western country" and every country is flawed hence, Italians should accept their country as it is. Sorry, but that's an overgeneralization. As much as I love Italy and as betwitchingly beautiful she is, I doubt very much I would trade in my life in the country I now live with a life in Italy. I've watched Italy for decades and made countless visits. I saw Italians get drunk on consumer goods in the sixties, I saw Italy in the grip of political violence in the seventies, I saw Italy prosper in the mid-eighties, I saw Italy's decadence in the nineties and I see Italians being dumb-down today by a monopolistic media controlled by a bullshitter. Italy may change but personal saints and national saviours will always be in demand. Italians have a habit to give themselves corrupt, bombastic, gum-flapping leaders. Italians prefer political systems fueled by disorganization, cash and rich people. They elect politicians that speak to their xenophobic fears instead of their intelligence. Elections in Italy, do nothing but recycle the same political notables. If hope is to be found is in the hands of that segment of Italian youth tuning in to Grillo's political messages.

Posted by: LP | April 29, 2008 03:03 PM

Nothing is "free."

The fact that you even believe it makes me question the quality of the "free" schools you went to.

Posted by: Dis Grace | April 29, 2008 01:54 PM

I agree with Gary the perfect place doesn't exist. I'm Australian and things aren't exactly all roses there either. Like try buying a home on an average wage? Most of my friends send there children to private schools which cost a fortune! Sending your children to university just as much! When I grew up there everything was free!! I went to a great state high school and went to a Teacher's College and paid nothing! When I tell my friends that university is free they can't believe it! And the cherry on the cake is you can sit in your doctor's surgery everyday for free!!
Let's look at the good things too.

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 01:14 PM

Let's look at the good things too.

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 01:14 PM

Let's look at the good things too.

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 01:14 PM

Let's look at the good things too.

Posted by: grace | April 29, 2008 12:45 PM

f.c.

I do not have the same knowledge of the countries you mention as I do of Italy. So, I cannot offer any particular insight into their current situation or prospects.

My point, in any case, was not about the legitimacy of hopes, but about the practicality of solutions.

Posted by: H. H. H. | April 28, 2008 10:39 PM

They tried to ignore him, they banned him from their TV stations and newspapers, but he’s back with avengeance. How frustrating it must be for the arrogant casta to see Beppe filling up squares and collecting millions of signatures that undermine the corrupt and criminal system on which they prosper! People have coalesced around Beppe as the only hope they have to reform this untenable situation that has literally bankrupted the Country. We should all be grateful to Beppe who never gave up and fought this unfair battle from the bottom all the way up to becoming one of the leading Italian democrats.

Posted by: Mark | April 28, 2008 04:31 PM

Wow.....what postings. Italy is not going to change overnight. In reality, I will be surprised if it ever changes. Italy is one of those institutions that you look at and think 'how do they ever get things done' but they do. When I was a kid, teachers told my folks, 'we do not know how Gary learns' but I did learn. I think it is sort of the same thing. I do not see Italy as being so differnt than most other western nations. The US, right now, is hardly a democracy but is, rather, more of an 'imperialistic autocracy.' We have a president/government who had chucked the Constitution...broken the Geneva Convention.....will not abide by the Kyoto Convention...cares not a wit what the populous thinks.....invades at will.......listens in on phone calls......reads emails....blacklists passports......and I could continue.
In Italy, I see less prejudice than we have in the US..more freedoms.....more life. I see a system that, although it is a bumpy ride, works, in the end. Yes, sometimes one must hop through rings to get from A to B, but that is the case everywhere. If you want Utopia, you are in the wrong place, perhaps in the wrong century or even dimension. Utopia does not exist. Not in Italy, Not in the US, not anywhere. What I cherish about the time I spend in Italy is what Italy should be proud of....tradition, family, culture, etc.
I think it is time to look at the glass and see if it is half full or half empty. Relax this summer.....go to Verona this summer and see 'Tosca', 'Trovatore', 'Traviata', 'Norma'..andsee how much Italy has to be proud of. Again, look at that glass!

Posted by: Gary Casella | April 28, 2008 04:05 PM

@ H.H.H.
Should we also give up hope fo countries like Greece or Portugal?
What about those like Kenya, Ikaq, Afghanistan or Mexico then?

Posted by: f.c. | April 28, 2008 03:59 PM

Morrison

If you think the solution is so simple as to merely get Italians to demand change, you are either completely unfamiliar with Italy´s current situation (economic, social and cultural) or you are sticking your head in the sand, denying the problems that make your solution no longer viable.

You also seem to consider democracy a panacea. If you do, you overlook democracy´s serious shortcoming (which are starting to emerge very clearly now, in the face of competition from not-so-democratic countries) and you also overlook the fact that it is that very democracy that got Italy into this mess or the US into the current economic turmoil, which by happenstance it is also inflicting onto other so-called democratic countries.

So, while I find your argument commendable in principle, I also find it overly simplistic in practice.

Posted by: H. H. H. | April 28, 2008 03:33 PM

Caro Beppe,cari tutti,devo ammettere che la mia frustrazione in questi giorni che dovevano essere di ponti e quindi di relax è enorme; ho cercato inutilmente sulle reti televisive un servizio esauriente che rendesse merito all'importanza del v-day ma non sono riuscito a vederne neppure uno qualsiasi. Magari sarei dovuto stare ore ed ore a fare zapping ma dopo aver visto innumerevoli servizi sui rumeni violentatori, l'orango e trasmissioni da cereblolesi della DeFilippi ho preferito prendere una boccata d'aria. La mia frustrazione si è poi accentuata vedendo ieri sera sull'amata rete 4 "L'esorcismo di Emily Rose" dopo il quale mi sono chiesto se, magari , come la ragazza del film sono io che sono malato mentre credo che il mio paese sia posseduto dai demoni. Un pò me ne sto convincendo perché non è possibile che solo io e la minoranza degli italiani, da quanto risulta dai risultati elettorali, ci rendiamo conto dellla situazione in cui viviamo. Anche un cretino si dovrebbe accorgere di quanto si è parlato di violenze da parte di rumeni in questi giorni (guarda caso) e di quanto non si parli mai di mafia o da quanto tempo non si abbiano notizie di omicidi di mafia,cosa che continua a ad accadere tutti i giorni; oppure di quanto non si parli più dei nostri soldati all'estero,di quanti ce ne sono ancora per i quali ci potrebbe venire il dubbio che sarebbero meglio impiegati per combattere la mafia e situazioni intollerabili per una democrazia(?) come il controllo di certe giunte comunali da parte della sopracitata (vedi annozero). Anche a me che non sono un matusa fanno schifo gli ideali che ci vengono proposti in special modo dalle reti mediaset, in maniera così forte che vedo ragazzi e ragazze che hanno appena 10 anni meno di me per i quali nella vita puoi essere felice solo se entri nel mondo della televisione o del calcio,se vesti alla moda e conosci gente famosa. Tutto questo sembra nettamente più importante del rispetto per i propri simili e per la natura. Aiuto!

Posted by: Gianni Salimbeni | April 28, 2008 02:02 PM

Dear HHH

One lone voice can find it difficult to make change but many lone voices all screaming in unison will be heard. That is, and should always be, the basis of a true democracy. However if you stick your head in the sand like an ostrich you not only can't be heard or attempt to make change but you also can't see the realty around you.

Posted by: Robert Morrison | April 28, 2008 01:33 PM

Rinaldi

Well, dream on. You will wake up to a harsh reality.

Posted by: H. H. H. | April 28, 2008 12:48 PM

One million anyone?

Posted by: Fantasy Auction | April 28, 2008 12:42 PM

H.H.H you are depressing, if it was up to your particular philosophy, every problem that humanity has encountered that they should give up and commit suiside.

Posted by: Rinaldi Moscatiello | April 28, 2008 12:39 PM

Sono un lettore di "La Repubblica".

Ieri il 27 Aprile 2008 sulla pagina 4 del loro giornale c'era un articolo su "Beppe Grillo".

Hanno dichiarato:

"E' un record. Sul suo blog Grillo aggiunge che
-a Torino c'erano 120.000 persone- una valutazione tre volte superiore alla realta'"

In efetti loro dichirano che "Beppe" ha mentito e hanno valutato la folla a circa 40.000.

Mi dispiace per "La Repubblica" tutti hanno visto che probalbilmente erano molti di piu di 120.000 persone.

Si, sono un lettore di"La Repubblica" come lo sono anche per "Libero" e "Corriere Della Sera" e conosco che da loro bisogna sempre per prima difidare delle loro storie, e scrutinarle e confrontarle con altre fonti.

Sono tutti da parte e pagate perche sono da parte, non si possono predere sul serio.

A me piace le distorzioni che ogni giornale fa di una determinata storia, per questo leggo diversi giornali.

Giornali continuate a scrivere stronzate, io contino a firmare petizioni.

Beppe, sei grande!!!

Posted by: Rinaldi Moscatiello | April 28, 2008 12:32 PM

The signatures for this referendum are valid and constitutional. Beppe, you represent the best Italy has to offer. A big hug!

Posted by: Mark | April 28, 2008 04:40 AM

It´s like the Magic Flute.

Posted by: G. L. | April 28, 2008 12:12 AM

Let me congratulate you for your success. I support your efforts here in Montreal, Canada.

Posted by: Nolan Berlin | April 27, 2008 11:43 PM

Dear Beppe,

it is really scary that there are people out there who post messages starting with "Dear Beppe, it is really scary".

Very creepy!

Posted by: Dear Beppe It´s Really Scary | April 27, 2008 11:37 PM

My sincere congratulations to all of you for this fantastic and deserved results.
An unforgettable 25th of april.
Don't give up!