The Tin-Cap

travaglio_annozero_8maggio.jpg
Click the image

A member of the Local Police Force sent me a letter. He works as a “Tin Cap” in Milan. If the controller is starving, then the controlled party is able to buy him off. His boss is in a position to de-motivate him. Carmine makes two good points:
"Social standing does not pay the bills"
"It is a very simple matter to resign, and then to go and work for the same private individual whom he was investigating previously".
"Please excuse me but I cannot take it any longer and I feel that I must say something.
I am a member of the Local Police Force (Traffic Warden) in Milan and I am on duty 365 days a year, working a variety of shifts that range over the full 24-hour period. I am a person that is normally happy with his lot in life. I don’t live in unashamed luxury, anything but…., and I thought that I was fairly well-off all told, until I happened to glance through the 2005 income tax data divulged online before it was withdrawn.
It is said that public servants don’t do very much, however, they also earn little or nothing, something that no one ever mentions. In fact, notwithstanding all the qualifications I have, namely, public safety officer, public official, investigative police officer, etc., I now find out that, excluding overtime payments, I am at the bottom of the earnings list as regards taxable earnings and compared to all those people around me. If the Country continues to starve its workers, slaves, call them what you will, financial police officers, carabinieri...how can it expect these essential activities to run smoothly?
As regards the investigations carried out by the Financial Police, it is shameful that a certain percentage of all revenues accruing from the battle against tax evasion are paid out to the administrative personnel of the various ministries, while nothing is paid to the Financial Police, which is the true executive arm of the process. Working as investigator, face to face out in the field, is an arduous task and, given the current level of unacceptable practices, the people feel increasingly entitled to attack those in uniform and the public institutions. How can we honestly expect any member of the Financial Police, who investigates cases running into millions of Euro, to live on starvation wages and still continue to carry out his/her task diligently? It is far easier to simply resign and go and work for the very same private individual whom he was investigating previously.
”Social standing” does not pay the bills. It would be better not to have any fancy qualifications but to earn a salary that is commensurate with the cost of living. I came across jewellers who declare lower earnings than mine, while other anonymous people, people with no qualifications whatsoever, declaring much higher earnings than me.
The politicians complain about the high cost of the Public Service, however it is evident that they are subsidising the senior employees within the Public Service, those that have never been anywhere near the rock face, those who have never been there nor will they ever go there, those who know nothing about the daily grind nor about the endless bureaucracy involved in certain mechanisms. Money is being thrown away on managers and outside consultants, friends of friends that are far removed from the real problems within the institutions. In my opinion, all of this is being done very scientifically in order to ensure that there are no operational and legislative instruments, nor any resources (money) left over for the troops. In this way, the latter group, the “foot soldiers”, will become de-legitimised and de-motivated, distracted by their financial concerns, namely the bills, the mortgage,...etc. Forget about “On your feet Italy”!!!
I would be quite happy to pay 70% Income Tax if I was in a position to declare the same level of earnings as Berlusconi, Montezemolo & Co.
Regards." Carmine

Ps. I am hereby publishing the updated list of convicted criminals in Parliament 2008, with the associated crimes. Circulate the banner by means of your own blogs. Read the list from time to time so as not to forget.

Post a comment | Sign up | Send to a friend | | GrilloNews |

Comments

the point is,Berlusconi is the president of the most popular journal and the president of italy......this dosn't make any sense.......who can control the operate of the government if not the journalist?....but if the government is the same person that pay the journalist every month that control is out.....that suck

Posted by: jonathan maccanti | May 14, 2008 07:29 AM

DO YOUR HOME WORK, THEN WE WILL TALK,
Posted by: Edededed | May 11, 2008 02:41 AM

____________________

Talk? Again???

Oh, no... please!!!!

hahaahaha

Posted by: Leve Line | May 11, 2008 12:51 PM

ED

However bad, it is always better than Italians deserve.

As for your message:

a typical Italian tv-show...
Do we have something in the TV industry in Italy that you can name...**typical Italian**..?

Since you are very reverent of Grillo, you will be embarassed to learn that Grillo qualified the current government "da Bagaglino". It is a theater, not a tv show, but the meaning is the same.

Now what are you gonna do???

You must be in a panic!

:D

Hahaha. Anyway, if you don´t know what tv is like in Italy, either you don´t know any better or you have very low standards.

Hahaha!!!!

PS
You seem to be particularly excited by Mike Bongiorno. That is kind of creepy.

Posted by: Leve Line | May 11, 2008 02:02 AM

The fact that there are people who make more money than traffic police officers is pretty cool.

Whodathunkit!?!

Posted by: Her Majesty The Queen | May 11, 2008 12:10 AM

what is so interesting...?

Posted by: zvezda | May 10, 2008 11:59 PM

That post is very good, thank you it is very interesting ;)

Posted by: logistyka | May 10, 2008 11:55 PM

You have the government you deserve.

Always--every time.

Posted by: Leve Line | May 10, 2008 11:04 PM

ED, you are going back quite a few years and the names you produced are firmly embedded in the pantheon of Italian journalism, with the exception of Oriana Fallaci who, in old age became truly schizophrenic.
Il Corriere, under the ownership of the RCS Media Group, has become a pale shadow of what you remember. No stockholder of this group is an editor and the paper has lost 150.000 readers in 2007 alone. The average age of newspaper buyers is between 55 and 60. Grillo is right. Young people get the news exclusively on the Net and these newspapers will eventually become irrelevant.
Gualtiero, your fear is well founded.

Posted by: Mark | May 10, 2008 08:12 PM

Yes Mark, I was too nice, nevertheless when the stand off is performed by the Italian President of the Order of Journalists and printed by Corriere della Sera mark the crossed line in a way that nobody have never seen before.

It's like a new dictatorship of the information is
trying to manipulate saying what is good and wha is nt good. I would call if the fifteenth sign in which we can recognize a new "fascist order" is trying to piss around to mark the territory.

I might be wrong but that is the way I feel it in my bones. Ciao

Elededed nice comments !

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 10, 2008 07:09 PM

MM, I'm not sure Corriere della Sera is a newspaper read mainly by Pdl's types. I think the paper attracts readers with various political profiles. I also think that the on-line poll reflects the opinions of more and better informed, computer-savy people than people stuck with traditional means of information. Nevertheless, I agree with you that politicians, as reflected by their discussions on TV, do not reflect the realities of the working people struggling day-in-and-day-out to make ends meet. I think "readers/voters" went to the polls soaked by the rhetoric of fear. Fini, Bossi, Berlusconi and company know only too well how to incite fear. The centre-left and far left in Italy lack political combativeness; lack leaders with the brand of charisma Barak Obama is showing; the left is dull and lifeless. If fascism doesn't replace democracy, the two million people at "V2 Day" represent the beginning of the end for Italy's ethical and moral degeneration. We have chosen Grillo's comedy and satire as tools to improve the institutions of this country and inspire politicians and people in positions of power. Our goal is to expose, without malice, foolishness and dishonesty and encourage politicians to do what's right for all Italians. There are no hard feelings in the "slings and arrows" of our criticism. We're only inspired to say what we say to improve things. Of course, always within the limits of our human abilities and weaknesses.

Posted by: LP | May 10, 2008 06:42 PM

"Corriere della Sera has lost since then the status
of a truthful newspaper." Since then? And before this bufala what do you think they were writing?

Posted by: Mark | May 10, 2008 02:36 PM

Weekend watch:

www.freedocumentaries.org

Corriere della Sera is the newspaper that published
the verbal attack to Grillo that Ordine dei Giornalisti was not born during Fascism but in 1963.
The statement of Del Boca ended to be false and wrong
as the institution law of the OdG was established in 1923. ( Wikipidia)
Corriere della Sera has lost since then the status
of a truthful newspaper.

Posted by: Gualtiero Cocco | May 10, 2008 02:14 PM

MM, you shouldn't be surprised. A Legge Porcata can only give you a Cabinet Porcata. They should call it the Oink Cabinet.

Posted by: Mark | May 10, 2008 02:06 PM

Hi,

CORRIERE DELLA SERA website organized a poll for readers to evaluate the new ministers of the recent government formed by Silvio Berlusconi. CORRIERE DELLA SERA is probably a newspaper read by many people who voted for PDL and then Berlsconi as prime minister. Only Frattini, Letta and Maroni
succeeded in passing this processe of evaluation
by readers.
The rest of the bunch raised the clear disappoinment of the readers who declaread them totally unfit for having that role and being in charge for public affiars in the new Italian government.
In my opinion, I can see that there is a clear sign again of a big divide between politics and the common feelings of the Italian people.
This is the result of the "excellent" procedure
of NOT declaring who is going to be in charge on ministries ONLY after the election to avoid that
the disappointment would bias the vote and the final outcome of the elections.
On the other hand, if many voters of the CORRIERE DELLA SERA roughly correspond to PDL voters, I wonder whom they expected to have in the new government if not
all the politicians whose image they have to swallow each and every single day on TV news and newspapers coming from PDL as Calderoli, Vito & co.
Claderoli was already resposible of that terrible electoral law himself define a DISGRACEFUL MESS
and where people do not vote for the cadidate anymore but only for a symbol.
Why then did they vote for them if they did not want to have them as ministers ?
Why not voting at all and joining the LISTS from Beppe Grillo for example if you knew already what it would happen ? It is hard to understand to me
why readers/voters complain about things they are also responsible of, if my theory is correct.
I would like to know if I am right or wrong, but
I kind of know where the truth is.

Waiting for some comments from around the planet.

MM

Posted by: Manfredi Manizza | May 10, 2008 02:44 AM

Now the government looks like a typical Italian tv-show...

Posted by: Leve Line | May 9, 2008 08:09 PM

The basic problem with the Public Administration is not really how much people work, but the inefficient way in which work is organized.

Posted by: TC | May 9, 2008 07:59 PM